played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
What a Pumpkabootiful Day [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 2:53:54 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lucinatest3"]
[attr="class","body"]
The autumn air was clean, crisp, and as refreshing as a glass of cold apple cider. Taking advantage of opportunities to craft new seasonal boba recipes, Xiura was in the middle of browsing the local farmer's market and their wares. From sales of beautifully plump local vegetables and fruits to delicious loaves of baked bread and fresh berry pies, she was having a hard case of analysis paralysis in deciding what to purchase.
[break][break]
"My Pumpkaboo patch is going to be in shambles again this season, just like the last fall!" a small older farmer yelled loudly. Xiura looked up from her browsing, her attention piqued.
[break][break]
Seeking to offer help, she approached the farmer who seemed to be on the verge of tears. His friend was trying to console him by patting him on the shoulder, saying that next year would surely be better. Several other market-goers had also looked over, curious about the cause of his sudden emotional display.
[break][break]
"Sir, I couldn't help but overhear. What is happening to your Pumpkaboo patch?" Xiura inquired politely.
[break][break]
"It's the Staravia and Staraptor flock that has settled in the forest near my farm! They have all nested and raised families and now dozens of them attack my poor Pumpkaboo pokemon! They can hardly grow because they're so stressed by the constant attacks!" The farmer broke into a fresh wave of heavy sobs.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Lifedew Valley

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3"]--accent:#BB7AEB;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 3:38:30 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The autumnal season meant it was squash season. And Lam always appreciated a good squash selection. Farmer’s markets always had the best hauls for seasonal picks, as well as some of the best vegetarian friendly baked goods and treats. This one was no exception.[break][break]
Arm bound up in a cast and sling did little to stop him as he wandered with his collection basket—determined to make the best, most impressive fall-flavor soup (good soup!) that even couldn’t wrinkle his nose at for being meatless.[break][break]
His shinx followed him from booth to booth, tail swishing curiously as he occasionally begged for little scraps here and there, unbeknownst to Lam.[break][break]
Xiura was not the only one to have their attention pulled by the farmer’s desperation, though. Lam’s head turned toward the daddening commotion where he stood in front of a nearby stall of fresh plums, examining the ones he placed in his produce bag.[break][break]
A soft frown marred his expression, and he settled up with the attendant before making his way over as well. “Uh, hey—Did you say staraptor? If you need a hand, I’d be more than happy to help out.” He was quick to make the offer, if only to lend assistance, but also for the chance to work with birds—even if it meant shooing them off to a more favorable location than the poor man’s pumpkaboo patch.[break][break]
He glanced over at the young woman he’d petered to a stop beside, before looking back to the farmer. Did she look sorta familiar? Nah, must be coincidence.[break][break]
Oldale wasn’t exactly his turf, of course, but that didn’t mean he was incapable of being helpful! “I’m usually pretty handy with birds.” keyword— usually.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- me: lifedew valley[break]
- hehe

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 15:27:37 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Xiura was more than pleasantly surprised to find that someone else was willing to help the poor farmer. There was always some level of anticipation and uncertainty before going into a mission or other task solo, and having a partner always seemed to help.
[break][break]
“Hello!” she said to the stranger with an arm bound in a cast. His posture and general demeanor seemed to ring a distant bell in her mind, but she couldn’t quite place where she had seen him before.
[break][break]
She swept aside the sense of deja vu and said, “I’m Xiura. Nice to meet you! Looks like we’ll be teammates for today!”
[break][break]
“I’m so grateful for your help, the both of you!” The farmer ushered them over to his pick-up truck and hurled a couple of bales of hay into the back before clambering in and pushing them against the sides of the truck bed. “Please, I’ll drive you back when it’s done. There’s no time to waste! My poor Pumpkaboo patch is thinning out as quick as the feathers on an old Psyduck’s head!”
[break][break]
Compelled by the farmer’s sense of urgency, Xiura stepped up on a footstool the farmer helpfully provided and landed in the truck bed, stumbling slightly as she slipped on a spray of pine needles. She sat on one of the bales, before hastily standing up again and reaching out to help into the truck bed as well. “So sorry, please let me help!”

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lucinatest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 21:37:33 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

He held out the hand not held up in a sling, offering a handshake. “Lam! Likewise, Xiura. I’m sure we’ll take care of this in no time.” It was strange, wasn’t it? He was positive he’d never met her before, but something about the pleasant nature of her voice was familiar.[break][break]

But Hoenn was funny like that. Surely it was nothing more than an odd bout of surreality.[break][break]

“Not a problem,” he assured the farmer, a broad smile slipping across his face, “Always happy to help with this sort of thing. They’re probably unsettled from all of the weird weather patterns.” His shoulder rose and fell as he speculated. It wasn’t uncommon to see flocks flounder a bit when there was a shift in something that was typically routine.[break][break]

He took the offered hand to help pull himself up. “Don’t worry about it at all,” he said with a slight shake of his head. “It’s all good. I really appreciate the extra hand.” Beside him, his shinx hopped up on the tail of the truck as well, with far less struggle than his trainer. With a pleased chirp, Noodle turned himself around and tucked himself into some loose straw– shaped like a perfect, fuzzy loaf.[break][break]

“You do stuff like this often?” Lam asked conversationally, settling himself down on a bale as well as the truck kicked into motion. His good arm extended, stabilizing himself on the frame of the truck bed. “Farm hand stuff, I mean.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- hehe

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 17:50:38 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
“Ah!” Xiura exclaimed with admiration at Lam’s conjecture about the weather affecting the flocks of Staravia and Staraptor. “You know a lot about bird Pokemon. Are they your specialty?"
[break][break]
She glanced over at the Shinx who was curled up in a pile of straw bedding and smiled. "Or only one of your specialties?" She touched one of her Pokeballs, allowing her Morpeko Agave to come out of its home and approach the Shinx. The rodent-like Pokemon stuffed a handle of seeds into his mouth and waddled over to Noodle, offering him a singular seed.
[break][break]
“I’m not so much familiar with farmhand duties,” she said thoughtfully, looking up at the clear blue sky. She tucked her scarf a bit more snugly around her neck and into her coat as the wind blew past, feeling a bit more chilly despite the ambling speed of the truck. “I find myself mostly indoors in the kitchen for my work. But chasing away or relocating some Pokemon doesn’t seem too hard.”
[break][break]
The truck pulled along a dusty pathway that meandered towards a red barn and farmhouse. Nearby, a fenced-in patch of vegetables with tall stalks of corn and Pumpkaboo grew. “Here we are,” the farmer said, helping Lam and Xiura off the truck bed. He gestured towards the patch and indeed, a circling flock of Staraptor was repeatedly swooping down, causing perturbed and weary cries from the Pumpkaboo.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 3:04:25 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Her enthusiasm amplified his own. His nod turned emphatic. “Yep– they are! My dad was always doing all sorts of research on different migrations when I was a kid. Guess it rubbed off on me. But it’s all pretty interesting- ah.”[break][break]
Lam stopped himself with a sheepish laugh as he caught himself spiraling into a ramble.[break][break]
His stare followed hers to Noodle, whose head lifted from his paws with a cheerful mew. “i do like electric types too. I run the gym in Lilycove, but…it’s more about style than type as far as the challenge goes.” He tried to be well-rounded rather than stick to his biases.[break][break]
Lam listened curiously as she clarified, shifting his cast in the sling to find a more comfortable position as they were jostled in the truck bed. “Oh, are you a chef, then? A baker?” His good hand rose to give her a thumbs up. “yeah– we’ve got this!”[break][break]
Once the truck stopped, he hopped down with an appreciative nod to the farmer. “Ready to get started?” he asked Xiura before wasting no time in jogging toward the patch of poor, frightened pumpkaboo. He peered upward, squinting. Then pointed at a particularly large Staraptor. “Looks like that one’s calling the shots.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- hehe

[googlefont=Poppins]