twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:51:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

scattered reports have come in, each one trickling information that has helped him form a baseline understanding of what exactly has happened. the foundation still feels shaky, however, as there is still far too much he does not know.[break][break]

what he does know is that is alive—which is a relief—but is also alive, which means their mission has failed. he wonders if is alive as well, and though he has made an effort to find out, he has yet to receive word.[break][break]

between discussions with , , and other league officials, he has barely left the league headquarters. but he finds time today, and the first person he visits is the one who holds almost all of his concerns and worries.[break][break]

"freya."[break][break]

he sits by her bedside.[break][break]

"you're awake."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:59:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is pain and then there is a void and then there is the listless in between, the shifting of too-bright lights and the flashing of faces. someone checking her vitals and a constant beep beep beep that never stops and she wants it to stop, but it's not even hers. there is someone else - a lot of someone else's - and she does not know where fernando is. 

is it his heart monitor she's hearing? even if it's not, imagining so makes it more tolerable to listen to. 

on the surface is where her thoughts are too muddy and them being too muddy makes her want to dive back under. but it's been a few days and she needs weaning off the morphine. 

her face is cracked. her skin is sallow, mottled with gray, peeling spots. her eyes are still bloodshot and puffy and her midsection is wrapped.

she blinks slowly at the man beside her bed. it takes a moment to register. and when it does, she drifts a hand out with a sigh, nose scrunching when she sees the state of her flesh. 

a cough, voice still rasped from her screams, and now her disuse - "you gave me superpowers."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 5:08:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his hand finds hers and the tether it creates feels like a lifeline; something that grounds him in reality and the fact that she is, after all that has happened, still alive.[break][break]

but amongst the flurry of emotions he has felt leading up to this, relief and worry being the most prominent, there is also guilt, he realizes, at how it might be his fault that she lies here in a state he never wanted to see her in.[break][break]

he gave her superpowers and it almost killed her.[break][break]

"and what did you do with them?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 5:18:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"oh, alex, i was magnificent," she says dreamily, palm sliding against his, thumb tracing circles on the underside of his wrist. her eyes are molten gold, lost in the reverance she has always had for flame. she runs her tongue along her teeth and hums in the back of her throat, reminiscent of lyune's cadence of contentment.

"all the rest of it is gone. everything is gone, but i did it. i saved him."

she looks down at their joined hands and she marvels at the touch, at the warmth that shivers up her arm. "and i don't think king can forgive me, but i can finally forgive myself."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 7:28:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

all it is meant to be is a suit—a tool to empower, not enable—but it appears as though it has been used in ways he warned her against. it's ironic, really, that the tool he helped develop both put her in danger and saved her from it.[break][break]

so perhaps he is to blame after all.[break][break]

"you saved him."[break][break]

he repeats mostly for himself, careful with hiding his displeasure that threatens to show. it doesn't surface yet, held back by their joined hands.[break][break]

"why?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 15:59:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he would have thought her glorious. oh, she must have been glorious - all of her blood igniting at once, fury giving way to unadulterated resolve in the penultimate climax. she'd stumbled from her baptism on weak knees, but she had done it. and how could he not know why?

her laugh is a terrible, hacking thing. "because i hate him," she croaks and she wets her throat with a swallow, "but not the most. never the most. and now? now i know i'm strong enough to save me."

her eyes are shining with a desperate triumph. her free hand grasps the rectangle that makes all the hurt go away. it recedes, back into the waiting depths, lecherous monster that it is. 

warmth lingers on her palm. she squeezes and she says, "hate is so close to love, alex, don't you think?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 17:24:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he would have thought her reckless, foolish, dangerous, but perhaps also glorious in the most twisted of ways, and that's part of what bothers him so much. he shouldn't feel the pride he feels, especially not when he had enabled her to do so much. too much.[break][break]

"you've always been strong enough, freya."[break][break]

he sighs, lowering his head briefly to plant a kiss on her knuckles.[break][break]

"how so?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:29:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she would have done it without him. hell, she hadn't even known the suit could connect with lyune as it had. and she's still not entirely sure it was alex at all.

copper rings of salt. they are born of the sea.

his question slips under the void, lost to her fluttering heartbeat, the curl of her smile when he kisses her knuckles. he's so tender in all the ways she has never deserved; now, there is no room for guilt. morphine drips, drips, drips.

"i think i'm someone else. i met a witch. the ocean told me there are answers and i feel them out there, waiting." her throat rasps. she stutters into another series of coughs and looks haphazardly around for water, forgetting what it is she's looking for only seconds later.

"i think my mother was a dragon."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 16:37:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

morphine muddles, sending the answers he seeks into oblivion, perhaps never to return, and though frustrating, he easily lets them go in favor of caring for her. from the very first cough, he's already reaching with his free hand for a glass of water, stretching across to the bedside table before offering it to her.[break][break]

"here, drink," he says, offering his help should she need it.[break][break]

"does that make you a dragon, too?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 17:28:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her lips fold over the rim as her fingers fold over his. hand over hand, an addict to the warmth ringing down her arms from his touch. when she's drunk her fill, she still cradles him closer.

"have i not earned it?" she whispers vehemently.

the silver puncture wounds, all but faded scars, on her neck tingle. she shivers. and she tugs the empty cardboard cup from him and tosses it to the side, taking his hand in hers, returning that lovingly gentle kiss with a press of her own lips to his knuckles. teeth graze his knucklebone and tears well up in her eyes, slipping down her cheeks.

"have i not earned my joy?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 17:36:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the warmth feels intoxicating and yet he cannot pull himself away. he cannot tear himself asunder more than he already has, and so now, just this once, he allows himself to indulge because he knows this will not last.[break][break]

"you've earned it, freya. you've earned it and so much more."[break][break]

he whispers in return.[break][break]

"tell me how i can help. please. tell me anything."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:22:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

closer and closer and closer still. their voices drop, circling their penance. he obliges her, but he cannot absolve her. she has already done as much, she tells herself, but she is still aching all over and protecting the man who hurt her so terribly drove away the one she loves. 

she cannot lose alex too. 

"forgive him," she says. "forgive him when i can't. he hurt me, alex, but i let him do it. i asked him to do it. what fault had he in that?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 6:04:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"all of it. all of the fault belongs to him."[break][break]

but this makes him a hypocrite because the wrongs he condemns fernando for, he had done similarly under different circumstances; even then, they remain two sides of the same coin, each vindicating their own beliefs in ways that overlap with one another.[break][break]

they both supported her, enabled her, and contributed to her rise and fall.[break][break]

"you know i would do anything for you."[break][break]

he has already done so much; he would never use this against her, however.[break][break]

"but i can't forgive him. i've tried, freya, i've tried to accept and look past his sins and to see the man for the overall good he does, but i can't."[break][break]

what he mutters next is meant only for her: a confession so ill that it goes against his very nature.[break][break]

"you should have let him die."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 7:02:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you don't know," she says with a rough shake of her head. silver tresses spill over her shoulders, onto the hospital gown; the bangs around her lovely face stick to her clammy, mottled skin. "how can you tell me it's his fault when you don't know, alex?"

he doesn't know the way she degraded herself like a fucking animal for a taste of that power. he doesn't know that without him, she went mad without purpose. he doesn't know the absence of her grief at his own damn funeral, too full of her own pain to care about the living or the dead. 

she grits her teeth and she jerks forward and all of her body complains. one hand untangles from his to cup his cheek, to hold him closer, and her lips press against the other, brows furrowing and tears slipping messily over her nose. 

"i have saved myself in saving him," she says against his skin.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fire and the flood
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 10:25:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"what don't i know?"[break][break]

he has played the recording of her route over and over again, absorbing every ounce of it to justify his desire for vengeance.[break][break]

"i know that you went to him searching for purpose. you were lost and so he gave you enough to keep you leashed. he starved you, then fed you, then starved you again all under the guise of making you stronger. he tortured you, freya, and yet you still fight for him."[break][break]

he shakes his head, prying free from her grasp only to be met with an immediate cold birthed from the distance between them.[break][break]

"you still saved him."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]