awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:55:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his confidence doesn't work on her. they've known each other too long. 

"don't bullshit me. not when your face looks like a tomato from the scalding water."

in the zone is for his office. in the zone is when he's in front of his laptop or his tablet or running whatever inane simulations over and over and over again. he's not a philosopher. he doesn't ponder the secrets of the universe without the assistance of hard fact. 

her eyes narrow.

"i need to know you're stable." she knows what tapu fini is capable of. she knows what nature's madness can do to the mind. maybe more than even him. but it's been long enough, she reasons. long enough it would have faded.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 19:50:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“WE DO NOT GET TO DICTATE WHEN WE ENTER THE ZONE,” he remarks snidely.

a hand runs the towel against the width of his shoulders. it hurts to the touch, like sunburn, but he refrains from wincing. he cannot add credibility to her claims.

i predate you and i will outlast you, morningstar,” he adds, readjusting it to snug against his waistline. wet feet plop against a cold surface, and he wades toward his clothing.

but to hear that from you is growth nonetheless.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 20:20:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

talking down to her is at least a normalcy. the tension in her shoulders eases away, slowly but surely. she does not grant him the courtesy of looking away as he tugs the towel from his shoulders and wraps it around his waist. she's seen him this way, just as he's seen her in return, but the thought doesn't bring anything other than a hollow resentment to her heart. 

he'd cradled her like a child in those baths, thumbed her skin and promised he had remade her. 

"i know," she says quietly and steps out after him, giving her boots a bit of a shake. she hesitates towards the exit, but decides to sit on the bench beside his pile of clothes. 

"you knew i would go after her. that i would try to protect you." she scratches at a flaking patch of skin on her cheek. "did you anticipate all of it?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 21:33:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“NO,” he answers deftly. “just because you’re predictable does not mean i am a prophet.

a loose tank top covers the bulk of his chest. he abandons his traditional button down, instead, returning her arrow to its quiver. that too takes some consideration, for the feeling of anything against his skin is a nuisance he considers living without.

i knew you would go after her alone because you’re self centered,” he reveals, succumbing to putting one leg in after another. pants are nothing more than an appearance, but he cannot go without.

but calling that protecting is a far reach.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 22:36:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she snorts. he boils her down to cutting adjectives and it stings, yes, but not as much as it would have if she didn't have the lingering voices of others in the back of her mind - and and all stretching out their hands in their own ways, reminding her that the world isn't so black and white. 

i'm not a bad person, she reminds herself. 

"you pissed me off on purpose when i told you about elisabeth. i know that now. predictable, like you said." after that, after his threat, she couldn't have gone to anyone else. there's no one to stand against fernando silph. no one to stand in his stead.

she stares moodily out at the tiles, ignoring his movements while he dresses. 

"you should put bacitracin on the mark by your shoulder. it's showing signs of infection," she asides. "and anyway, i did protect you, despite you attacking me."

she doesn't want his thanks. her tone is dry and it is probing, wrought with confusion. he turned against her with such voracity

why?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 21:45:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“NO.”

he rejects her with an absolute dismissal. on this ground, he will not give an inch. for conjectures that are wrong must be proven so with broad strokes. only then will the truth come to light. and with it, clarity.

that was a natural reaction. you thinking it was a slight against you is just you putting yourself at the center of the world again.

the rest of his clothes are stuff in an open locker. they may be expensive but he cares little for their disheveled wrinkles or possible theft. a man as broad and formal as fernando is hard to come by. these fabrics, much like freya’s feelings, are inconsequential.

not worth worrying about.

perhaps, but that was due to me having to plan around you.

his nose wrinkles in disgust and his eyebrows furrow. the waterproof water shield over his missing eye makes it less intimidating with its silicone surface.

you did not have to pursue it alone. we are a team.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 22:14:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she digs her heels in, squashing doubt before it can latch into her sides. she stares at his back while he fiddles with his locker. she remembers the empty thrust of his palm, the dropping of her stomach in horror at the idea of losing her autonomy again. and he had continued onward, willfully ignorant of her reaction.

he toyed with her, maliciously, while she attempted to warn him.

"teams require trust. you want me to trust you? i need you to be trustworthy." she laces her fingers together and props her chin in her hands, still watching him.

"do you remember protecting her from me?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 22:41:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“NO.”

the sound of thin metal clamping shut punctuates his sentence.

i want you to trust the others. , , . even two of those would have made a significant difference.

her follow up question stirs something inside of him. it only lasts for a millisecond, but in that time frame, he lives an eternity. twenty years bottled up only to explode all at once, muted behind the same expression he always holds.

something that requires an instantaneous answer.

faintly. TAPU FINI uses it as a defense mechanism when under attack. it did so on my behalf, once, during the glasshouse incident in fallabor1.

1: EXCURSION: ROUTE 113B
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 2:08:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she winces a bit at the sound and frowns. while she's no doubt about their ability on the battlefield, the wake of the terastal skirmish following aqua had left her wanting. they were an all-out mess on the field. she needed to trust her instincts. she needed no one there to get in her way. 

she needed to do it alone. how many times has he called her selfish?

"but you don't want me to trust you," she says slowly. slowly enough that she misses the rigid stalling, the glitch to oblivion in an otherwise perfect man. 

"mm, that makes me feel better." admittedly, it does. her shoulders settle a little bit. her phone buzzes. checking in on her and the councilman. she thumbs back a quick response and then cocks her head at fernando. 

"speaking of eva..." she speaks ahead of herself, finds herself tongue-tied, and frowns. she pictures snatching the other half of fernando's bagel off her plate, cheeky smile on her face. it annoys her. 

"how's she holding up?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 8:34:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“I WOULD PREFER IT BUT IT MATTERS NOT,” he corrects. “whether or not you trust me changes little. i’ll adapt and plan around you as needed.

as he always has.

speaking of which—

morales is doing fine. she seems to have adjusted to her separation from herrera but still refuses to take time off.

he looks at his own phone and notes the time. whatever time has elapsed seems to faze him little. a single tap is all it takes to clear a built up well of notifications.

otherwise, outstanding, as always.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,200 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:12:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is a constant, not a variable. even if she changes, he'll see it well in advance, and it frustrates her to no end that he can take one look at her and see her. theirs is a closeness that stretches years and still, they've nothing to show for it but cold, unaffected acquaintanceship. 

not that she's ever wanted more - so what is it? i no longer look up to him. first and now , the two people she idolized when she first took her seat on the council, standing upon a dais forbidden to her by her own self-actualization. 

"as always," she repeats with a sigh. she stands. "we all need a break, her more than most." rayquaza weighs heavily on her mind; she's shared as much with her.

"the holiday party coming up should be a good change of pace. here's to hoping we can eat, drink, and be merry without the world imploding." she scratches her cheek and slips her phone back into her pocket. 

"i've a meeting in fifteen. if i leave you alone, are you going to 'enter your zone' again?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 20:28:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“INDEED.”

he’s done here and ready to carry about his day. adjusting to the sudden push back on his schedule will be difficult but not impossible. still, he can’t help but want to soak in the water longer. it makes him feel whole. liquid and warm.

if entering the zone was so effortless, i would find a more appropriate time and place,” is his dismissal of her concern.

i’ll be off then, freya.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 20:24:44 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven