part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 21:43:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

THE RETURN TO OFFICE has never been an issue after a debilitating battle. as soon as the hospital clears him for discharge, it’s back to work. after all, what use is all this power if it’s not being put to use? what others rebuke as control and greed is just reallocated efficiency.

it’s what makes braving the lingering pains so easy. he does it because he must. because no one else can. not like him. not to his level of excellence.

which is why no one bats an eye when fernando stalked the hall of league headquarters so soon after his abduction1.

no one dares ask about his headband, or the circumstance behind it. they accept him, as is. despite their many critiques, none question his work ethic. it permeates his very essences: in the way the purple bags hand under his eyes, or in the ghastly pale skin exfoliated from countless hours of blue light.

this time, however, his office is empty.

the door is closed, as per usual, but unprompted intrusions are not met with a deadpan ‘come in.’ even his secretary has no idea where he is. the last instance anyone saw of him was his leave for lunch.

a modest meal in the league break room before a short workout in the faculty gym. being a creature of habit does more than make him productive. it makes him predictable. so when his calendar invite rings without response, the world knows something’s wrong.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

1: the magma procedure ft. gavin + lulu
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 22:58:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

fog lingers. she's accustomed to pain. at this point, how could she not be? but the pills over her a welcome drowsiness, a slipping under as soon as she gets home from work. if she'd lost her mind, she may have likened this to something of a vacation. 

work is restless. letters leap off their pages and she struggles to get them to stick in her brain, forgetting on several occasions to sign where tells her to sign documents - and then circles where to sign - and then highlights and circles and points where to sign. 

a lot of the time, freya's tending to the dragons.

after he returns to work, they orbit each other, too overwhelmed by the aftermath to pity themselves with anything as meaningless as talking. her debt has been repaid, finally. there are circles on her skin, patches that haven't quite yet healed over from tapu fini's curse.

when informs her there is still no word from fernando, freya sweeps out of the room, waving away any offers for help. she knows his schedule like second nature. old habits die hard in that respect, she supposes. 

down the hall she goes. she lingers outside the darkened conference room he's reserved, checks her watch, and after chewing on her cheek, moseys her way to the gym. he shouldn't be here - not so soon after recovering, but he's like her in that way. 

"fernando?" she calls. the weights are stacked neatly in their rack. the mats are folded over their rungs. the rest of the equipment is clean. one of the treadmills blinks, its screen still glossy from a recent sanitizer wipe. 

standing outside the locker room, her palm rests against cool ceramic. "fernando, are you in there?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 23:20:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

NO RESPONSE. the only noise she can hear is a constant stream of water. the pitter patter of a shower that bears no movement or exclamation. it is persistent. indiscriminate with the random octaves of when droplets hit the floor. each with their own individual splash.

it reeks of humidity.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 23:36:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

apprehension tickles the back of her neck. no one else answers so she slips into the short hallway, hesitating as she rounds the corner. steam curls towards her boots and the damp air makes her break out into a cold sweat. 

she frowns and rests a hand at her hip, but her fingers graze nothing but empty air. the belt she usually wears around her waist is gone, left tucked away in her office. it's hard to wear for extended periods now, with her still being on the mend. and in the league's headquarters, she's safe.

one of the opaque shower curtains is drawn. water sprays from the showerhead poking out over the top. the sliver of a gap between the curtain's end and the floor offers her no information - the steam covers the tiles and the feet of whomever might be in there.

but she doesn't need to know. off to her right, sitting on a neat pile of folded clothes, is his phone. it buzzes with an alarm and she traipses towards it - it takes a couple of swipes to turn off with how wet her fingers are.

irritation knifes through her, modesty be damned. she stalks back up to the shower and tears the curtain aside - "councilman silph, people are - "
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 7:19:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

SHE FINDS WHAT SHE’S LOOKING FOR. fernando silph. exposed. tall and rigid. unfazed and unbothered by his nudity. in the predicament she’s found him in.

for he does not recognize her. nor the drawn shower. he can only see the tile wall in front of him. unblinking as water seeps into his eye and runoff dribbles down his face.

he stands there. frozen in time. evident in the way his skin has pruned. red flashes of inflammation creeps across his pale skin, brought to the surface from prolonged exposure to scalding water. even in the saunas, the color only pools to his face. never his chest and arms.

but even this does not break the dead look in his eyes.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 17:59:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the irritation dies with the rest of her sentence. she startles, not because he reacts, but because he doesn't. her fingers tighten, whitening, and the shower curtain crinkles in her hold.

she's not a medical expert. is this what happens during a stroke? could something so benign, so ridiculously normal be the end of fernando silph?

do something. 

"fernando. fern." she reaches past him, hand hovering over his shoulder, and turns the water off.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:09:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“…”

the water comes to an abrupt stop. the last of it washes down the drain. scabs, moist to the point of self peeling, expose raw injuries that have yet to heal. but they do not bleed. they are saturated in their own moisture. revealing the extent of his exposure like rings on a chopped tree.

we can win,” he speaks into his own void. “TAPU FINI is not satisfied.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:37:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his skin is pruned. a red heat rash festers and the fresh pink cells, grown to replace his recents wounds, are swollen and transparent from the water. her nose crinkles in disgust, but there is an agitated worry reflected in pale gold. 

"stop speaking in crypticisms and snap the fuck out of it, silph," she snaps. 

droplets warble and then fall from strings of salt and pepper hair. she blinks at his blank face and grinds her teeth, snatches what she supposes is his towel - and if it's not, then it's his now - and unravels it. 

"we already won. and tapu fini isn't here."

but she is. she's here. and she shows as much by draping the towel over him, palms heavy on his shoulders to try and ground him in the present.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:52:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“WE CAN WIN,” he repeats, this time with shaken confidence.

his gaze sets on the corner of of the tile in front of him. sixth from the right, eighteenth from the bottom. perfectly centered. in its endless emptiness is the simulation he runs in his head. the black box that plays out infinite lives.

it does not want her.

his voice returns. it comes with a bite of his lower lip, as if stress testing himself as he considers every possibility. concerned hands replace his burden, but even that cannot arouse him from his daze.

heavy are the shoulders of responsibility.

but it won’t leave her. not as it stands.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 4:04:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he has lost his mind. something happens. his cadence stutters, lilting in a way she's never heard before. confidence drains with the last of the water. the showerhead even stops its dripping, the last of the pressure released. the air is still humid and foggy. her lips part and she breathes through her mouth, heartbeat quickening. 

will pain bring you back?

no. no, they've had enough pain, the two of them. she could take this moment and she could cough up all of her hurt and she could brandish it now, but what would be the point? she would only burn herself. 

the towel drapes down over his back. her hands slide off the plush fabric and over his chest. she stands on her toes so she can flatten him against her, back to chest. 

will comfort?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 4:16:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“…”

silence clothes his bareness with his own absence. her comfort means nothing to him. because she is not who he needs right now. the position is correct, the sentiment is there, but all it takes is one wrong stroke to ruin a masterpiece.

he knows true art. he’s had it before. a feeling he can never forget, even as age wilts wistful memories.

but the cost will be too great.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 4:35:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

no matter what she does, it will never be enough. but she will try. she will always, always try. her forehead presses to the back of his neck. she is keenly aware that one of her pinkies has dipped into a spongey patch of wounded flesh. the thought slides away as their silence stretches. 

she wonders if he really is just having a stroke. 

and then he speaks again, wistfully, so unlike himself, and that scares her more than any ailment she can conjure. 

"then we let it go, fernando."

she tucks the towel up so it can stay draped over his shoulders on its own and then she maneuvers in front of him, giving them as generous a berth as she can. she may not care much for his body, but she has some modesty. 

"look at me. look at me and say my name or i'm going to need to - " knock it out of you
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 7:14:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

SHE IS INSIGNIFICANT. so is the rest of the world as time deconstructs itself at his mercy. as long as he exists, he will do so in his own right. at his own accord. and, if that means lingering here until his mortal body wastes away, so be it.

when she slips in front of him, she enters more than just his view. she becomes his world. white locks that blend in with the tiles, temping him in a maze more complicated than old grout and hard water build up. it causes his eye to dilate, lost in the fine curls of the only one that matters.

you—

but his vision strays too far. he sees her for who she truly is. a gross misdirection. a paltry substitution.

she could never.

and that is enough to ground him.

you demand even this from me?

a wrinkle of his nose returns the man she thinks she knows.

morningstar.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:30:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is an eerie glaze over his eyes, as though he looks through her. not past her, as he has so many times before, but through her, and her scalp prickles. she resists the urge to look over her shoulder and ensure there is no conjuration in the fog. 

his question frightens her. it makes her raise a fist, ready to strike the side of his jaw and loosen whatever hold has wrung around his mind. it worked well enough when king did it all those years ago. 

but then he says her name. she blinks, relaxes her cocked arm, flexes out her fingers, and scowls. her eyes betray her worry. 

"you were not yourself, councilman."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DELUGE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:35:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DELUGE

SPRING CLEANING

“I WAS IN THE ZONE,” he says, as if this were all to make sense. the outlandish excuse is cemented only by his delivery. he does not falter there. not when he’s done this for the entirety of his life.

within the zone,” he elaborates further. “a situation this nuanced has too many variables to account for.

and an impossible win condition.