2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 1:12:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is still healing.

her hip twinges every once in a while, reminding her that as rapid a recovery as modern technology and pokemon can offer, there is no substitute for rest. but her dreams are incessant creatures, poking and prodding her into a restless wakefulness. 

there are grooves in her carpet where she's fretted during the night, pacing back and forth, unable to sleep. 

and now she's here, at the edge of another universe. one she hasn't been to in months because her first time had shaken her so, so badly. ever since meeting , she hasn't been able to stop thinking about the river. the smoke. 

her mother's face.

when she received her books back from the crown prince - what books remained before her home had been pillaged for all it was worth - she had found breadcrumbs. ghosts leading to nowhere, odes to old names that had died out long ago. except one

she has no idea who he is. she has no idea what he looks like. she has no idea why his family's name was listed as a footnote in the first draft of dragonology, scribbled next to a half-moon family crest she does not recognize. she doesn't even know if this is the aker family he meant.

nor does this roy seem to know her. but that's no matter. something stirs in her as she stares down at the portal. secrets beckon sweetly and she shivers on the edge, waiting.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 18:25:21 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

His life had become one big scavenger hunt. Even if he regretted his time in Unova, he missed the ordinary. Before he was chasing myths and legends, he was just some kid on the street with an attitude and a sob story to back it up. He never thought he would return. Not here. Not now.

[break][break]

This thorough investigation of his past presented a peculiar lead in the form of a person. This was new. He had only discovered relics and ancient heirlooms. Never a person. Especially a relative. He needed to play the role of gumshoe to get his answers. There was no room for any kind of emotional connection, or at least that's what he believed.

[break][break]

He had hoped to take this person by surprise, but it ended up being the other way around. He didn't expect a woman at the portal's edge. Not one like this. She seemed so fragile in some ways but intimidating in others.

[break][break]

"Who are you?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Who are you?

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon charizard"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon squirtle"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon ivysaur"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon noivern"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost]margin: 5px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost b]font-weight:normal;color:#d59e39;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost table td]vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-box]margin-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:11:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he answers the summons and she marvels at fate. when he approaches, the last thing she expects is to be asked who she is and she blinks, not yet knowing if he's simply thick in the head or if he's asking her out of existentialism. 

"your councilwoman," she says after a rolling of her tongue. her hand goes to her hips and she fiddles with her gauntlets, pulling at the leather straps with her teeth. clawed fingers flex and settle into all her form-fitted grooves. 

"but mostly i'm just me and i don't know what that means yet, really. a better question, i think, is who are you?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 20:27:36 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Answers to questions like these say a lot about the person. The hunter was clearly dense in more ways than one, but his question was actually rehearsed. In other words, it was trap. A method to see how this woman operates and ultimately what she thinks of herself. This also maneuvered the conversation in a way that benefitted him and his goals.

[break][break]

He scoffs at her extended response, pulling his pockets forward with just the knuckles of his thumbs. He had no answer to his question and this frustration was presented in his posture. Even though this wasn't her fault, he would do his best to imply that it was.

[break][break]

"I don't have an answer to that question." His mouth began to move. "That's why I'm here." He tilted his neck back in such a way that his eyes appeared to look down on her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Who are you?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 20:44:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"okay," she says and she examines her gloves thoughtfully, checks over her armor one more time just to make sure everything is as it should be. a shortsword swings off her hip, sandwiched between two pokeballs. rather than reach for any of those, she goes for the ball nestled in her choker.

her expression softens. 

"you're a footnote in my family's history. i don't know how or why, but if you're looking for answers, we'll have a better chance of finding them together."

she tilts her chin towards the portal. "have you been in there yet?"
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 17:56:53 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces][googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

While initially passive to her and her preparation, he found himself entranced by her armor. There was a radiance to it and he found himself in awe. This was unlike any other relic he stumbled across. This one had a mouth that could talk and a body that could move. In spite of his admiration for her plated-attire, he ensured none of this would be displayed on his face. He wouldn't allow his jaw to drop, at least not all the way to the floor.

[break][break]

Her words feel abrupt and he's suddenly forced into existence.

[break][break]

"I've been to places like it." He leans his head towards the doorway and the back to the girl. He attempted to sound qualified. "What are you trying to show me?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

What are you trying to show me?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 1:31:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"there's nothing like this," she says with a grimace. all of the others had played tricks on the mind, but none had shaken her like the border had. she has too many complicated ties to the place. her best friend had been in there, waiting and wandering, and she couldn't stomach facing the unknown to save him. 

her mother is in there. or maybe she isn't. maybe, after freya startled, she passed over, satisfied enough to see the daughter she'd never laid eyes on grown into adulthood. 

"you might find family in there. if they haven't passed on. are you ready for that?" the look on her own face says she isn't. 

but enough dallying.

"see you on the other side," she says and steps through, pokeball still clutched - unopened - in her hand.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 0:57:23 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

He was unfazed by her initial warning. In his mind, he saw himself as ready for anything. That's why he was here in the first place. He knew what it took to get answers. Even if that meant exploring the unknown.

[break][break]

The trainer had continued his pace behind the councilwoman until she continued her description. Like daggers, the mention of family pierced the very fabric of his being. He could see his grandmother again. Even his parents could be there. An abrubt pain scattered across his chest and then it was gone. Just as sudden as it started. He stopped in place as a result, but only for a moment. Not long enough for the councilwoman to notice.

[break][break]

"What do you-" He was stopped by her exit. She was already gone. There was no more room for questions. Only time for answers.

[break][break]

With his hands still in his pockets, he pursued the dame into the portal of the unknown.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 4:09:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
and on the other side she waits. lyune is beside her, tattered wings folded on his back. the metal mechanism lining the left side gleams silver in the low orange light filtering through the smoggy skyline above them. she has a hand on his foreleg and she stares at the river in the distance where skeletal boats drift in the current, bobbing against their tethers. 

above them drift the ghosts. blurry smudges skirt above the horizon, shapes hardly distinguishable against the fog and the periodic silhouette of mountains. 

her breath is steady and measured. when he crosses, she startles a bit, nerves betraying her. her sygna suit thrums and lyune turns his large head, pupils slitting. 

"welcome to the land of the dead, mr. aker."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 22:22:21 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Before he could ask his question again, he was distracted by their new setting. Initially, he was terrified. His gut seemed to swallow everything above it as his throat struggled to relax. Then he was mystified. In the face of the underworld, he could only sense admiration beyond his fears.

[break][break]

His eyes danced around the scene, noticing every small detail. It was a lot to take in and he displayed this through his expression. Eventually, his eyes would find the knight and her companion patiently waiting for him. Naturally, he kept his posture the same, with both hands locked to each pocket. Releasing his brow, his lips commenced.

[break][break]

"Why did you bring me here?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 22:47:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"for answers," she says.

lyune keeps his measured stare. his tongue forks from between scaled lips, tasting soulfire. he sees this man for what he is, scents the blood threads that tie them together, but the only transcription he can muster for his mistress is a familial hum, one that freya misinterprets.

"lyune senses them." theodore, sophia, her mother, her father - she doesn't know. would lyune know her birth mother or will she be as much a stranger to him as she is to her?

"spirits from our world get trapped here sometimes. caught adrift. there's a chance my family, and yours, haven't moved on." they could fly. she could beckon him astride lyune and be upon the boats in several minutes, but this is hallowed ground they tread.

this place has rules.

"they'll be in the river." she pauses in her stride. "if l you want to turn back, i won't think less of you." a twitch of her lips. "not that my opinion of you particularly means anything."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 23:59:46 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

All he could do was listen. With just his eyes, the trainer probed the dame's mount for any further answers to every puzzling statement she released. Curiosity had taken hold. Her words didn't move fast enough for him, but he knew interrupting would only slow the process. He could feel his heart racing.

[break][break]

Once her words were finished, his intrigue reached its peak. She was clearly challenging him, but that didn't matter. He was enticed by her words. However, he did not need her help. At least, not yet.

[break][break]

"Show me where I need to go."

[break][break]

Fumbling between the folds of his palm, a peculiar sphere invited the trainer's own mount to their location. This was it. He was ready. If she would play lead, then he would surely follow.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 0:56:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
and so they walk to that place carved inside the border. sepia smoke curls around their ankles, drifts over their wrists. it fans gently off of lyune as the salamence trudges beside them. his metal contraptions clink as he walks. 

she's never been want to fill silences with meaningless chatter and to do so now feels almost sacrilege. besides, he seems much the same as her in this regard, and so in star-crossed companionship they walk this plane until the ground gives way to brackish water. 

coins jingle in her pocket. she withdraws two and steps neatly into one of the bobbing boats. a gimmighoul crawls out from within its chest, scuttling over the weathered deck, and eyes the treasures. she drops them into its waiting palm and it slinks back, form blurring like a shadow. 

the rope untethers itself from the docks. lyune settles back on his haunches, waiting by the shore.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
covenant
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 20:57:12 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

And where she goes, he follows. Regardless of his insatiable hunger for answers, he was still comfortable traveling by leash. As long as she would lead him to his next meal.

[break][break]

He conserved his stance as he trailed the councilwoman in front of him. Nothing could remove the fists from the cavities in his slacks. Behind him, his dragon towed behind with a similar posture and a comparable enthusiasm. Occasionally, their eyes would capture the silhouettes of lost souls darting above their heads, but they wouldn't make it obvious.
[break][break]

The trainer waited for the exchange between the knight and ghoul to finish before climbing onto the vessel of death. The texture of the bone resembled some wood of spruce or pine. Balmung entered after him and slightly rocked the boat under his weight. Once they were ready to move, the seeker pressed off the dock with a single sole. His hands preserved their habitat within his pockets.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Where are we going?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
covenant
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 22:09:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there are whispers on the wind. roy stands a slanted, imposing figure as he nudges them off the wayward dock. lyune shifts his weight restlessly, but does not follow. he cannot. he knows these answers already.

pale gold eyes settle on the man's form. a fog closes in around them, rolling over the water, but he remains untouched. the skeletal boat made of bleached bone, marbled like wood, cuts neatly over the water without leaving a wake. 

the gimmighoul leaves the bow and crawls back into its chest, leaving the two of them and roy's companion alone in the skiff. 

how far you've strayed, say nonexistent lips, somewhere in the darkness, and freya's scalp prickles. she catches roy's gaze and then gestures out to the water, lips in a thin line. 

garish faces, all twisted and contorted move with the current, jostled in a tangle of limbs. eyes roll, irises gray and lifeless. there is a scratching at the side of the boat and freya steadies herself as it wobbles. 

daughter, whispers that voice. 

son, whispers another.