[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 33 repair the elevator or find some way to get to floors 5-10. in these floors, encounter various rooms and corridors with flickering lights, laboratories, and ultra beast egg nurseries guarded by mad megalopolans.
  • 34 encounter documents or depictions of necrozma traveling around ultra space, granting its light to various planets, civilizations, before coming to megalopolis.
  • 35 encounter machines that seem to harvest light and energy from mechanical and biological sources; curiously, they look like "shiny machines" in hoenn that can help change a pokemon into their shiny palette.
  • 36 encounter ultra wormholes that open up violently and randomly near you. they may bring other ultra beasts, inanimate materials, structures, or machines, or anything else within reasonable. they may also act as dangerous obstacles like black holes that attempt to suck you into their portals before closing. traveling into them would mean certain death— or at least, never being able to return.
  • 🗺️ utilize healing mist in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: IA #4
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 16:30:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

having worked on the elevator before, he made sure to introduce a fix in such a way that it required working knowledge of the procedures he used in order to make it work again. so, when they return, they are able to ride up the elevator with ease, arriving at the tenth floor.[break][break]

"more notes here," he says over his shoulder as he studies a stack of them on a desk in the corner. he fans them across the desk, spreading them out as he peruses through each page.[break][break]

"these depict necrozma...i think it's traveling to various planets, offering them light."[break][break]

33 repair the elevator or find some way to get to floors 5-10. in these floors, encounter various rooms and corridors with flickering lights, laboratories, and ultra beast egg nurseries guarded by mad megalopolans.[break][break]

34 encounter documents or depictions of necrozma traveling around ultra space, granting its light to various planets, civilizations, before coming to megalopolis.

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 3:05:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they're higher now, closer to the stars outside half broken windows.

"are we still in their laboratories?"

she keeps a slight distance despite trying to peer over his shoulder to peek at the notes. each one tells a story, though she's not entirely certain it matches what hoenn has experienced at the hands of the notes' subject.

"offering light to other worlds seems... different than what it did back home."

more helpful than ravenous, perhaps. she's not completely sold on the thought.

a few rooms down, ultra beast eggs sit and wait for their birth - guarded by mindless and hungry megalopolans.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 10:49:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i imagine light is first needed for a planet to grow, and once they become fruitful enough, that's when necrozma harvested them."[break][break]

makes sense, really, to fatten a prey so that the reward is more bountiful. humans do it too on a smaller scale that once compared to this seems miniscule and incomparable.[break][break]

he shrugs a shoulder. "these are just theories, of course. i've been hoping to get a chance to speak to general smohke to learn more." but his agenda must be solid before presenting it to .[break][break]

stepping away, he gestures down the hall.[break][break]

"i believe the machines should be down there."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 22:18:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"perhaps..."

fattening up a planet before devouring it whole sounds about right, at least. she needs more information, never quite satisfied, but they are looking to move on all the same.

"general smohke might require something from you in return, you know."

her eyes drift toward him for a moment, curious.

"what would you give her?"

he leads them down the hall, around guarded doors, and toward machinery. here, in the dim, barely working light of machines, her eyes spark with interest.

"i was looking for these... they're similar to the technology used to come into our universe i think."

a different model, though, from the look of it. not quite the same but enough for her to sink teeth into. she steps closer and begins to investigate a bit further.

35 encounter machines that seem to harvest light and energy from mechanical and biological sources; curiously, they look like "shiny machines" in hoenn that can help change a pokemon into their shiny palette.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:10:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i'm not sure what i could give her, or if i even have anything she wants to begin with."[break][break]

that's not true and he knows it. they both have something she must want; it is what has allowed them to venture into this realm to begin with.[break][break]

"her freedom, maybe, if it's worth the trade."[break][break]

nd as they gather around the familiar machinery, he can't help but notice a slight glimmer in the air, one so subtle that he almost misses it.[break][break]

"...?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 15:24:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]smohke’s freedom would come with a hefty price tag… could she even afford to pay it?

”the information she has would need to far exceed previous meetings to warrant negotiating her freedom.”

otherwise, they’d lose a piece on their side of the board. a valuable asset, she muses, with another flicker of her eyes over machinery.

”think she might know how to make one of these?”

she doesn’t quite notice the shimmer yet, but her hair begins to faintly blow in the opening wormhole’s breeze. by the time it’s a full fledged tear in space-time, she’s blinking owlishly at it.

”um…”

they’re fucked, aren’t they?

35 encounter machines that seem to harvest light and energy from mechanical and biological sources; curiously, they look like "shiny machines" in hoenn that can help change a pokemon into their shiny palette.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:16:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

before he has a chance to answer her question, the slight glimmer in the air suddenly expands and contacts at the same time, and the effect that follows is immediate.[break][break]

"hold on!"[break][break]

as the small BLACK HOLE threatens to swallow them, his politoed's sticky feet allows it to stay still while its tongue shoots out toward them. he wraps it around her first, then clings to her as they hold their ground and resist the pull.[break][break]

the machine drags along the floor, and the moment it gets sucked in, the BLACK HOLE ceases, shifting to form an ULTRA WORMHOLE.[break][break]

"something's coming!"[break][break]

36 encounter ultra wormholes that open up violently and randomly near you. they may bring other ultra beasts, inanimate materials, structures, or machines, or anything else within reasonable. they may also act as dangerous obstacles like black holes that attempt to suck you into their portals before closing. traveling into them would mean certain death— or at least, never being able to return.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:53:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]yep, they're fucked.

she yelps as a black hole rips itself open before them, whipping their surroundings into a frenzy. she feels her feet begin to slip out from beneath her...

until he pulls his politoed's tongue around her like a makeshift ribbon. the sticky pads of the frog's feet assist in keeping them both upright, though she doesn't dare take another step. she hunkers down a bit, shielding them with her back to the black hole. her head buries a little into alex's chest to protect her eyes and there, it stays.

"what is it?"

between the material of his shirt and the clanging sound of the shiny machine being swallowed up by the black hole, she sounds muffled and distant. the ultra wormhole roars a little louder before spitting something out...

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 10:27:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

in the midst of fighting against the immense pull of the BLACK HOLE, alexander doesn't notice the cut across his arm until he feels the flow of blood trickle down to his hand. even then, though, his focus remains elsewhere.[break][break]

"no time to find out."[break][break]

pokeballs open and close, and within seconds, they're being TELEPORTED away by his gallade back to the portal. to safety.[break][break]

gCkLImUf

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 4:03:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"wait - your arm."

she reaches for him quickly, her hands coated in healing mist. beneath her fingers, she feels the blood begin to clot until the flow stops and his skin begins to mend itself shut. when her hands leave, his arm looks good as new despite the faint traces of blood on his clothing.

and they're teleported quickly, the world around them squeezing in and out of focus until they're closer to the portal. she lets out a breath she hadn't known she was holding and all but tugs alexander through the portal back home.

🗺️ utilize healing mist in an advantageous way.