awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 18:02:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
true to her word, gwen's helped her with the dragons. 

freya has yet to touch base with her companions - and - about the progress with the HOME project and gwen's place in it, but she's had more important things on her mind. 

"i'm sorry i haven't been around," she says to the woman. the fighting on route 105 had landed her and councilman silph in the hospital. he, evidently, came back to work a couple of days before freya. she should technically still be on bed rest, but walking around and stretching out her muscles has been helping. 

the pain meds help too. 

"cristabel tells me you've been making progress with gishath. want to show me?"
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 22:28:36 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It had been a busy few days for Gwendolyn. She had been a regular inside of the sanctuary here that Freya had told her about so few days ago. So much so that she gave her full attention to the dragons, namely the pack of the Garchomp family that she had come into contact with. Ever since that day, though, Freya had only sent one of the workers to relay information to her with. Gwen didn't mind her absence but did wonder if she was in good health. So it came as a surprise when the councilwoman herself appeared one day into her work.

"Freya! Ah-I mean, Ms. Morningstar! It's good to see you again. Are you feeling well?" Just like always, the young Ranger was energetic and excitable as ever. Gwen stood with a clipboard in hand and had been in the middle of cleaning some of the loose shed skin from the Dragapault and Dratini herds. Her infectous smile did show that she was elated to see Freya once more. "Yep. I've worked with Gishath some more and I really think I'm slowly starting to get somewhere with him. I have some time to kill, so I can show you."

She walked up the mountain with much more energy than they had before. It was a sense with familiarity of things now. Even calming herself before entering near where the two had met the Gabite not so long ago. Gwen remembered to put a glove on beforehand this time and dug into a bin to fetch another brilliant looking gemstone, then held her arm outstretched as some of the workers would lure Gishath out. The top fin poked out of its horde while Gwen remained still as ever, waiting for him to take it from her.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 1:56:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there's a bit of a limp to her step. her skin is still recovering, but the red circles of pink flesh are only really noticeable if you're looking for them. around the clock care and a team of pokemon with healing life dew waters had worked wonders on her cursed body, though she mostly had 's help in the direct aftermath to thank.

"i'm fine," she says easily with a wave of her hand.

suffice to say, freya's impressed with the way gwen handles herself. gishath emerges from the den as relaxed as she's ever seen him, yellow pupils lazily turning towards gwen rather than obsessively fixating. he noses against the garnet in her hand, teething it away from her, and snorts when he sees freya. 

"good, good. okay. stay right there." 

she walks past the girl and the dragon, noting the careful way the gabite watches her pass. low hisses come from gishath as she nears the mouth of the cave and its hoard, but she doesn't intrude any further on the space. she palms a sapphire and whistles lowly. 

minos emerges, fangs bared. freya waves the precious gemstone and then points at gwen.

"minos, dual chop."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 4:11:08 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"He's pretty amazing, isn't he?" Gwendolyn looked back at Freya with hopeful eyes. She was sent to the moon over the progress she had made with the little guy. Even if Ghishath was still pretty young in his ways compared to Minos, she was still happy to see that he was putting up with her. She was surprised by Freya's reaction though, but trusted in her judgement. "O-Okay..." She stood in place with Gishath and watched her walk closer to the cave when a familiar sound caught her ear.

Minos stood in the lip of the cave with Freya handling a gem of her own. Gwen didn't have much of a chance to get as much personal time with Minos as she did with Gishath. The Garchomp was normally busy with something or had no interest in acknowledging her existence save for when a reward was involved. But now that Freya had a ruby for him, it had reason enough to follow her orders. "W-Wait! Ms. Morningstar, I didn't mean to..." she said, taking a step back with her hands outstretched. "Minos, wait! Don't-" It was too late, he was going to cleave her in half. She had a lot of regrets, but closed her eyes and tried to imagine Robin one last time...

But then, the sound of claws clashing against another another rung from in front of her. She opened an eye to see Gishath in front of her with his limbs growing a striking blue color, having used Dragon Claw to defend against the attack. The Gabite hissed at Minos, shaking its fin at the Garchomp and Freya while Gwen looked down in amazement.

"Gishath! You saved me!"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 3:06:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there will always be a certain level of danger when working with dragons, but freya is confident gwen isn't in any real danger - not with freya herself commanding the garchomp. that being said, the dual chop comes down a little closer than she'd like and freya takes a step forward, heart skipping a beat. 

but then gishath is there, claws gleaming with draconic energy. minos' second strike comes in, this time against the gabite himself and he takes the hit with a snarl, but does not lose his footing. 

freya hollers and with a wave of the gem, gets minos' attention back. she tosses it into the cave and the garchomp tromps after it with an agitated snort. she'll have to soothe his wounded pride when she can. 

"well, it's a good start," she comments as she nears again. gishath doesn't stay to look over gwen. no, that will come later. she still has a while to go to prove herself to the dragon. but - 

"tell me why you didn't move, ranger. you're no use to anyone dead, especially your friend - robin, was it?"
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 2:02:44 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Even after saving her, Gishath was just as grumpy as always. In the middle of defending Minos' attack from her, he had taken some damage from the larger Pokemon's Double Chop but managed to shrug it off. His hiss at Minos did show that he was still in good health though. "Are you alright?" Gwen asked Gishath before the Gabite didn't bother much to ensure she was in good health. She must have not been worthwhile in his eyes for that.

Freya asked her why she didn't dodge. A pretty good question considering the circumstances. "Well, I, uhhh..." Gwen tried to think of a reason other than "my brain stopped working and thought you were actually ordering a Pokemon to kill me." Nothing did come to mind, though she did start to connect why Freya had made the order.

"To be fair, I wasn't expecting you to order him to attack me." Gwendolyn replied back at Freya. "But I understand why, at least. Can you give me a heads up next time, at least? Other than that, I've been having fun volunteering here like this. I wasn't expecting Gishath to really jump in for me like that."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 18:36:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has a point. and it makes her wonder - freya knows, sure as day, that if their positions had been reversed, she'd have reacted with a tumbling to her side, bow drawn for a fight. but gwen trusted her. trusts, maybe. 

"yeah," she says, a bit rough around the edges. she looks away with a frown, shame hot on the back of her neck. that hateful spite crawls, returning to its hiding place, brushed over in another heartbeat. 

"it won't happen again, but anyway, now's as good a time as any, i think." she reaches into her back pocket and pulls out an empty pokeball to hold out to gwen.

"he respects you because you're loyal. and he might still give you some trouble, but he needs a proper bond to really flourish. i want him to be yours. will you take him?"

from behind freya, gishath watches with glittering yellow eyes.
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 3:16:14 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

There was that question of if she was really cut out for the Rangers with a reaction speed like that. Somebody who froze up and accepted their fate instead of challenging it head on was certainly a point of contention. But Gwendolyn had remained hopeful that she could learn how to not be such a couch potato and stick to the sidelines all of her life. She looked at Freya during the awkward pause and di her best to seem hopeful.

"I'll, uh...Learn from this experience. Thank you for the reminder, though!" She said and then looked curious about what Freya had in mind for her. Out from behind her back was a pokeball that came into her hands. What did she mean by this though? Gwen waited and looked at the ball before Freya spoke about her wishes for Gishath. The younger ranger's eyes widened a gasp escaped from the older teenager.

Gwen looked shocked at the offer presented to her. How could Freya just give away something that she had kept in here for quite a while? "W-Wait, you want me to bond with him?" Why would somebody like her entrust a dragon in her own sanctuary to her? She was just some plucky loser who joined the Rangers not out of a sense of duty, but because she had nowhere else to go? The though of turning down the gift entered her head. The thing they had met over a while ago finally in her hands. But instead, she graciously accepted the pokeball.

"It would be an honor to bond with Gishath, Ms. Morningstar. I know it's not much, but I promise to make sure that he'll have a good home. Do you want me to update you on progress or something?...Actually, I think he should choose before I do."

For a moment, the girl's lack of self confidence and her doubt had all but vanished. It left behind the girl who had the desire to grow into something she hadn't dreamed possible before. Somebody who understood the chance given to her and would vow to do well by it. Gwen stepped forward up to Gishath slowly and held out the pokeball to the Gabite for him to choose.

"Gishath, I know we're still learning how to get along and we're not fully there yet, but would you like to travel outside of the sanctuary with me? I can bring you on patrols and help you get as strong as Minos. You can see the world and meet more Pokemon! If you want to stay here, I understand. Even if you don't, I wanted to say thank you for saving me. You're my shining Gabite in armor~"

The pokeball was held out for the Gabite to choose. Gwen smiled at him and would patiently await his answer.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 18:02:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they'll grow together. gishath, for all the chip on his shoulder, hasn't seen much of the rest of the region. and he hasn't known war, truly known war, as it is in hoenn. he's felt the changes in his bones. he's lived the anticipation of the coming horrors. but he's never faced them head-on with a partner. 

"bring him around the sanctuary every once in a while. he's sure to miss minos." the corners of her eyes crinkle as she smiles. "allow him to earn a new name and come to me if you need help, but no, if he accepts you then he's yours."

gwen plucks the ball from her hands and freya folds them behind her back, shoulders straight. 

"but even then that's not quite true. dragons are never really ours, gwen," she says softly. 

gishath steps away from the hoard and stalks up to gwen, head cocking at her impassioned speech. he considers, yellow gaze narrowing on the ball in her outstretched hand. a wayward glance is cast towards his small mountain of gems and then upward, at the open sky above the dome. 

he bares his teeth and rattles a low, contented hum before grazing his nose against the pokeball. 
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 10:36:42 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gishath sniffed the pokeball offered to him. Gwendolyn didn't want to force him in any regard. After all, at the end of the day, it was his decision. The Gabite looked indecisive about whether or not he wanted to stay in the sanctuary or not, but to Gwen's surprise, he had nuzzled up against the front of the pokeball presented to him. His form glowed a faint red before disappearing into the ball. It shook once, twice...three times before clicking shut.

Gwen smiled, holding the pokeball containing the Gabite and held it over her chest with an excitable smile. "Welcome to the team, Gishath! I promise we'll both reach for the stars together." After a bit of fawning over the newest member of her team, she turned back to Freya and looked a bit better about the situation.

"Thank you so much for letting me grow Gishath and for letting me help you, Ms. Morningstar! It's been such an honor to work in this sanctuary with everyone. I've learned a lot about the dragon types in here and it's been extremely helpful." The novice ranger was anything but able to keep her excitement from showing. The prospect of raising another dragon-type member of her team was a huge privelege for her. One that she wasn't going to let pass through her fingers. "Do you have any advice on what I should do though? Where I should take him, if I should let him get his bearings before we train or go straight into it?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
walk your path
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 0:25:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
a pride swells within her when the gabite disappears into the ball. and it balloons into a gut-wrenching homesickness. for a moment, she hates the soil she stands on, the strangers around them, this girl in front of her who does not have blue hair and green eyes and a quiet, intense way about her. 

and then gwen is turning back to her, beaming and thanking her. she smiles. 

"you're always welcome to stay and help. we can use capable hands." she scratches her cheek. "he'll get his bearings well enough. they're smart creatures. just stay vigilant. and maybe train him away from others while you're still getting comfortable."

her smile becomes a bit more genuine. "i want to see him strong enough to take on me and minos one day."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
walk your path
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:46:03 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Don't worry! I plan on staying around and helping out here. It's a great way to learn more about dragon types, and I'll probably need it if I want to study up and become a Professor one day." Gwendolyn reassured Freya. Although her to-do list seemed to get bigger and bigger, there was little that could deter the girl from doing what she enjoyed, learning about new pokemon and meeting new people. "I'm still available to help anyway I can, if you do happen to need somebody who knows their way around some circuits. Or just want to chat too!"

That final part did interest the trainee. Gwen could envision it. One day, just seeing Gishath all grown up and duking it out with Minos. She would be so very proud of it all. It was still a while away, but she'd get through it all with her newfound Gabite. "Me too. I'll get him there, Ms. Morningstar, I promise." She smiled a bit and readjusted her glasses before turning to face the woman directly.

"I owe you so much. I started working with these pokemon and just now learning how hopeless I am by myself. If it wasn't for you, I would have wandered out to the mountains and tried taking a Garchomp or something...I'm really not good with this sort of stuff..."

Gwen tried to summon the words, waving her free hand about to catch the words. After a bit of silence, she decided to wing it.

"I know it's not much considering to your position, but thank you. You've been a wonderful teacher and I'll be sure to learn everything there is, not even limited to dragons. I'll become somebody who can help people like the Council and the Rangers."

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
walk your path
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:38:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: