She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 1:22:28 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar didn't care much for sports.

well, she liked competition, and she liked watching people get crushed by those that were better than them. so, maybe she liked 'em a little. but she hated the culture around it, needing to be loyal to a team and to represent them proudly, even when they lost. a nice middle ground was underground fighting rings, but she hadn't found any in mauville. yet.

no, instead she was watching some trainers race baby pokemon. it wasn't anything super official, but it was cool to see such a silly take on racing in mauville of all places, where speed was pretty serious. there was a toxel, bonsly, and azurill getting ready to race. the track was a circle with three tracks, and all pokemon would have to do three laps before the winner would be announced. a few dozen were gathered around the fence surrounding the track like mar, already cheering and gabbing about the race. mar looked around for an unsavory figure who would be taking bets.

"i definitely don't think that toxel stands a chance," she mused under her breath.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
Timendi causa est nescire. Ignorance is the cause of fear.
awards
217 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 15:22:53 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

The event was preposterous, but Julien understood the kind of money that could be made off something as silly as a baby Pokémon race. People tended to show more interest in situations that involved cute creatures compared to ones that didn't.[break][break]

And when it came to something as boring as racing, he supposed cute Pokémon made it better.[break][break]

He wasn't there for himself, of course. had mentioned it the other day as a passing comment, when she was going over his schedule for his business trip to Mauville. And while the race was a little out of the way, he had plenty of time after his meeting to look around.[break][break]

Why not take some photos of the racers and send them to her?[break][break]

"No, it does not. It's been fed too much and will be slow," Julien said in response to the woman next to him. His own voice was low and bordered on disinterest.[break][break]

Still, he raised his phone to take a photo of the Pokémon at the starting line. The soft click from the camera app was barely audible over the raucous cheering that surrounded them.[break][break]

Julien lowered his phone and regarded the spectacle. At his side, his Houndour sat back on her haunches, alert for any sign of trouble. "The Azurill, on the other hand, looks healthy."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2"]--accent:#BBD1EA;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 17:12:10 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar perked up at the voice of the man beside her, pleased he agreed and even more pleased that someone else seemed to be spectating with an emotional distance like her. not from mauville, she assumed, given he did not fall over himself for racing like all of the natives here.

"aye, azurill will give 'em a run fer their money. small feet, but toxel's got nothing. i'm sure everyone's thinkin bonsly will bring things home, but i'm pretty sure those things are heavy an clunky." a sliver of movement caught her eye and she turned from her conversation partner to look past him, catching the unmistakable visual of hands exchanging money.

"ah," she said as she wised up, "it appears there's more of a gamblin scene than i thought." she hoped the bets were in bonsly's favor so there'd be a greater payout for azurill. turning back to the stranger, she asked: "are ye a gamblin man?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
217 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 2:38:42 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien's gaze slid to the Bonsly at the woman's mention and silently agreed. Rock-type Pokémon tended not to be quick on their feet.[break][break]

He raised an eyebrow at his unexpected companion for the spectacle. "Occasionally, when the mood strikes," he replied.[break][break]

He was not as much of a gambler as his other peers, preferring to avoid risk when it came to his money. That didn't mean he couldn't participate in a little indulgence here and there, however. Perhaps he could purchase a plush toy of the winner for Mari with the winnings.[break][break]

"I'm guessing you are, Miss…?" Julien ventured, seeking the dark-haired woman's name.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 18:02:23 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar offered a sharkish grin. "marguerite. and ye, mister?" she looked back over the the babies on the starting line, getting ready to go. "i used to be a pro at this kinda stuff in me teens, though i manipulated the odds to be in me favor most of the time." it was past delinquency, so she had no issue bringing it up now. more cheekily, she added: "'course, now i'm a very by-the-books woman. learned me lesson and all that." the glint in her eye suggested anything but.

she waved the man taking bets over, sizing him up as he approached. "what're the odds?" she asked without preamble. he answered, with azurill having a decent return but the toxel being the most favored and least rewarding. she schooled her expression to prevent expressing doubt in the toxel's success. he had arms and legs to propel him unlike the other two, but he looked like he'd been coddled his whole infancy.

she pulled a 100 pd from her pocket, handing it to the man. "bettin on azurill."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
217 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 14:41:09 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Julien," the ambassador replied, uninterested in whatever situation might ensue if the woman knew he was not only rich, but a politician. Especially as she admitted to rigging bets in her youth.[break][break]

Her tone and the look in her eye suggested growing older had not stopped her from committing crimes—the same or otherwise. Julien merely smiled at her before turning his attention to the approaching bookie.[break][break]

"I'll bet on the Azurill as well," he said, removing a crisp 100 PD bill from his wallet. The amount meant nothing to him, but there was no point exercising his real wealth on a meaningless game like this one.[break][break]

After the bookie left, Julien turned back to his conversation partner. "So what does a by-the-book woman like you do when you're not betting on baby Pokémon, Marguerite?" he asked, a hint of dry humor coming out in his tone.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 21:22:50 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
they were two of a pair, betting on azurill. she felt more confident with his vote likened to hers, though she would have been willing to rig the game if she thought things would go sideways. it was the principle of winning far more than the money involved. she was happy to have piqued his interest enough he asked for her work.

"i run my boat just bout anywhere. been everywhere." she leaned in close, and in a low, humored voice, she added: "don't recommend galar." then she straightened up, a big grin on her face. she hadn't offered kanto. but galar was fun to take shots at. "came to hoenn more seriously last year, though. i haven't left it since. i like long trips, but it's good to ship things round these parts. i feel like there's always something going on here."

she would've been fine shipping legal things, too. plenty of money in that, and she wasn't negatively impacted by the poor work-life balance of long trips since she lived for the ocean. but. there was far more glory in crime. far more chances to find the hidden. and she wanted a shot at the secrets embedded in hoenn's dirt and sea and sky. she wasn't going anywhere til she had its treasure in hand.

she turned to look at him more fully. he looked pretty serious, more regular joe schmoe than she did. "and what is it that ye get up to? ye strike me as a comedian."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
217 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 16:57:29 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Transport of goods, then, Julien surmised once Marguerite finished explaining her job in the vaguest of terms. He made a mental note to inquire after her with his contacts in Team Rocket. If her business was as good as she claimed, then perhaps his family could use her as a resource for their own business. [break][break]

"I'll take that as a compliment," he said lightly, turning to watch as the baby Pokémon lined up to start. A referee put a whistle into his mouth and raised a checkered flag. "I work at the Kalosian embassy in Ever Grande, actually." [break][break]

The flag fell as the shrill cry of the whistle pierced the air. [break][break]

The three Pokémon were off! [break][break]

Julien watched them with an impassive stare. "I'm afraid a woman of the high seas such as yourself would find my job quite boring."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 4:46:19 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar was pleased with his response. a man that was quick to anger was untrustworthy. one that rolled with the punches was patient and considering. that kind of man could cause far more trouble than an angry one, but it was also the kind that mar could work with. she followed his gaze to the pokemon as the race started.

toxel had nothing going for him, but as she'd hoped, azurill tore ahead. bonsly only matched her pace for a few steps before she bounding away, leaving both baby pokemon in the dust. the crowd grew loud and of mixed opinion, and mar brought her attention back solely to him. "i ain't been to the embassy, but i hope they get ye some authentic pastries. these hoennites can't make a savory cheese danish to save their lives." her voice was heavy with bitterness. indeed, she'd had to trouble herself with baking to have any worth a damn.

"well, i hope it ain't too borin. the seas can get a little quiet. been tryin to trouble myself with that kyogre sightin, but it's hard to get close." her grin was sharkish. "i can forgive the bad pastries for all the excitement this place has." speaking of: azurill pulled right ahead, crossing the finish line first.

"i might just have to make time for ever grande and bring ye some real food. maybe smuggle ye a real kalosian red wine, too." smuggle being used in a fun and provocative way, of course. no other meaning. she pulled out her phone and airdropped her number, unconcerned with what anyone else might do with it if they were interested.

28RQoNDx

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
217 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 19:47:24 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

At the mention of savory cheese danishes, Julien grimaced. "You're right. The ones here are entirely too mealy and bland," he agreed. Her comment suggested an origin in Kalos too, a detail he mentally noted. [break][break]

As expected, Azurill crossed the finish line first, but the man was hardly paying attention. Instead, he accepted the Airdropped phone number and added Marguerite to his contacts. [break][break]

"I have a feeling you would prefer a smuggled lunch over an invitation to my favorite Kalosian restaurants in the region," Julien said, tucking his phone away, the hint of a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth. "Very well. I do like a good red." [break][break]

G6HKjDxe

[break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[m][o] betting on blue
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 8:11:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: