lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 22:35:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“I don’t think I’ll get used to the whole snow thing.” Granted, there was less snow in Lilycove than there had been in Slateport. Maybe it was the ocean that kept most of it at bay, but it was still a weird juxtaposition to see an oceanscape in the background of the lights that were strung up in downtown Lilycove for the season.[break][break]
His nose immediately began to tingle as they stepped out their front door. It wrinkled and Lam suppressed the urge to sneeze. A few months in, his arm was all healed up, but the cold still made the bone ache. Maybe it’d be that way forever now, he didn’t know. But luckily Lilycove wasn’t usually this cold.[break][break]
A mittened hand reached out, reflexively opening and closing in request for Rook’s. Noodle scooted out the door behind them before it shut, skidding down the icy walkway ahead of them. He lost his footing and spun around on his rump–not that this really bothered him, given how happily the shinx chirped.[break][break]
“I’m already regretting leaving inside. No matter how pretty the lights are.” His chin tipped down so that he could awkwardly try to stuff the bottom half of his face into the thick cable knit of his scarf.[break][break]
It was more than that, of course. Not that Rook was any wiser to it. He tried to not let onto the nerves that hid under the surface, covering them up with his general distaste of the cold–Christmas Eve or not. Hopefully he hadn’t seemed jumpy earlier, knowing what he’d planned had finally snuck up on him.[break][break]
As much as a holiday could sneak up on him.[break][break]
This was corny, wasn’t it? It was probably way too cheesy, proposing tonight. Maybe marginally better than the next day. But ugh, probably such a dumb idea. Second guessing twisted his stomach up in knots. It was weird, being excited and terrified at the same time. All the while trying to be cool about it.[break][break]
“What part do you wanna see first?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: festive flirts[break]
- omg 💍

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 15:55:43 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"It's not so bad," Rook laughed, "atleast, not nearly as much as you were dreading it to be, right?"
[break][break]
Lam had made his opinion of snow exceedingly known. Every time the temperature dropped even a little bit, he was looking it up with a shocked little gasp. Rook was of the opinion that the thermostat should never be touched, it was a very dadly opinion of his. Any time Lam whined, he was quick to assess him for how many layers he had on, especially the socks.
[break][break]
Rook took Lam's offered hand, deciding not to tease him anymore. His assigned role in their relationship was usually "space heater" and he took that job very seriously. No one was gonna have a red nose in his vicinity.
[break][break]
He shuffled closer to the other, rubbing his arms dramatically. "The lights will be worth it, I promise."
[break][break]
That question was a difficult one because the answer was "doesn't matter" because as long as Lam was there he'd enjoy it. If Lam wasn't there, no amount of pretty lights would make him happy. "We can just do a walk through, I'm not sure." He thought a little too hard, only to shrug like a dopey idiot.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rook]--accent:#A3DBEA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rook]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 17:40:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Yeahhhh, but you love the snow, so of course it’s not so bad to you. Plus you police the thermostat,” he grumbled back, though there was no real heart to his sulking. He was just happy to have time with Rook, uninterrupted by work or the region’s stupid drama. His face screwed up into something pitiful as he inched himself closer into the other’s orbit. “No, it’s dreadful, it’s so cold. I’m freezing, see? Look at my face. Keep me warrrmmm.” His voice took on something particularly pathetic and put upon as he looked up at Rook with big eyes.[break][break]
And Lam claimed he wasn’t the dramatic one between the two of them.[break][break]
His bottom lip poked out for added effect.[break][break]
It was all silly behavior to distract him from his actual nerves. If his boyfriend interpreted all of his antsiness as a byproduct of his dislike of the cold, well then that was all the better for Lam. Boyfriend. Maybe not just boyfriend by the end of the night, if this turned out well. Best case scenario. The thought alone was enough to redden his face more–which, again, he’d blame on the weather, and turn his stomach over itself a few times. Stop thinking about it, he told himself.[break][break]
The more he did, the more liable he was to accidentally blurt the secret out before the reveal. And he didn’t even have the excuse of being high to blame it on. He wished he did– he would love a smoke right about now.[break][break]
Sighing, he leaned against Rook as hands slid up and down his arms, “I believe youuuu…” he whined, though he really did. And it wasn’t like he didn’t want to see them. He’d helped with a little of the set-up to assist with civic duties and whatever, so it’d be nice to see it all in action.[break][break]
“Okay, we can just see where it leads,” he shrugged back, not too particular about it either. It would be worth it just to see Rook’s elated expression. Would he be watching him more than the lights? Guaranteed. “Oh! I door dashed a pizza for later,” he added as the entrance rose up in front of them, a sparkly sort of candy cane looking archway.[break][break]
He grinned, “Veggie supreme. From that place you super like.” Because, who wouldn’t like a Christmas Eve pizza? And if they did what he begged and pleaded for (exaggerated) over the phone, all according to plan.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 15:48:55 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
"What's not to like?" He grinned, knowing fully well that it was entirely subjective and there was plenty for Lam to dislike about it. Admittedly, even Rook didn't enjoy the cold sogginess that followed a good snowy outing. Though he wasn't about to tell Lam that and weaken his position. It was a competition, of course, and he wanted to be right. "And you should really learn to wear socks and extra layers before daring to touch the thermostat." He was very particular about that, probably more out of a reactivity from his childhood. Touching the thermostat as a kid was a big no-no.
[break][break]
He stopped to rub at Lam's little red nose. "Keep me close and I'll keep you warm, my love." He laughed at the other's blatant dramatics. Lam wasn't usually the one to be excessive so it was kind of nice to have a bit of a reversal in their usual roles.
[break][break]
With a quick rub to cold ears for added measure, he continued on and squeezed Lam's hand consolingly. "If you would rather go home though, we still can. I appreciate it though, really." The last thing he wanted was for Lam to be miserable because of him.
[break][break]
"Oh that's good! I was craving pizza actually." That was practically their couple meal, they ate it so often. It was special for them though, mostly because they both lacked in the cooking department.
[break][break]
He pointed out at the lighted display of one of the houses. "That one is so pretty, they really went all out."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".rook .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 17:12:33 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Uhhhhhhh, lots,” he replied flatly, despite the fact that a smile still managed to stubbornly pull across his face. “Mostly maybe the fact that it feels like being stuck in a bunch of never-melt ice.’ He’d weather it all for Rook, though. And for the most part, even if he didn’t prefer the cold, he was playing it up.[break][break]
Or he was, at least, until socks and layers were added into the equation. A whine followed the instruction, and he turned big, sad green eyes on Rook. “But shorts are so comfyyyy.” His head fell to the side in pitiful defeat. “And socks are foot prisons…” In Alola, they hadn’t even really needed to touch the thermostat, because they were used to the heat, and it never really got cold.[break][break]
Though, he supposed he could sort of understand Rook’s militant treatment of the thermostat. Only sort of. But that also didn’t make him any less rascally in the moments when he tried to test his luck and bump the thing up a couple degrees when his boyfriend wasn’t looking.[break][break]
“Yes, good,” he huffed, still pitiful as he willingly let Rook rub at his nose and ears with soft gloves. His bottom lip puffed out again—the picture of someone being a big ass baby. He shivered dramatically for added effect, but was quick to shake his head. “No way, we can stay out a little longer. I’m not missing this with you.”[break][break]
That, and the ringbox in his pocket was burning a hole there.[break][break]
“I’m a mind reader, didn’t you know?” He babbled instead of fixating on the ring all over again. He swung their linked hands between them. That pizza sounded nice right then. Maybe he could eat his nerves. And hopefully it would be way more special if the person taking his order on the phone earlier actually took his silly request seriously.[break][break]
His attention fixated on the house, but quickly deviated back to Rook. “Yeah, super pretty,” he said, expression dopey before the cheesiness set in. He cleared his throat, “Maybe next year we can get in on the action and really go all out on some lights too.”[break][break]
He’d never put up holiday lights outside a day in his life. But it would probably be fun, if they were doing it together. Married, and stuff—nope. His mind swerved. “Oh, look! That one has a whole sleigh and reindeers.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 17:50:59 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"I don't want you to be miserable the whole time though. It's okay, there's probably like a lighting program on the television or something. We can have hot cocoa and stuff instead." He began working out an alternative plan in his head, even if it would have been disappointing, in the end. That was the point about relationships, wasn't it? Sometimes there had to be sacrifices, or in this case, adjustments to make them both happy.
[break][break]
"Can't have you freezing to death." Though he hadn't thought they'd even be out that long. They would watch the lighting and then make a mad dash back home to eat pizza in the comfort of their cozy house surrounded by pokemon. The more he thought about it, the better that sounded.
[break][break]
"Don't tell me that, I'm already weirdly paranoid. I can't have you perceiving my thoughts." He scoffed, time for his own dramatics. Though it wouldn't be the first time he was paranoid over nothing.
[break][break]
The idea of dressing the house up real pretty like was nice, but he also knew how lazy they could be. "That would require you enlisting to help and surviving the frigid winter air for more than five minutes." He laughed, having a little too much fun teasing him.
[break][break]
Though he did note the way Lam looked at him then so he decided to be a little nicer to him.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 18:15:09 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Lam held up his hand, pushing a mittened finger against Rook’s lips. “Shush, no accommodating. I’m hamming it up.” Mostly. Some of it was very real whining. But he knew the other had the habit of setting aside his own wants in order to please others. “We can have hot cocoa later, I’ll survive. Promise.” He’d suffer a red nose just a little longer yet.[break][break]
Though, the idea of settling in at home for the night felt optimal. Lots of blankets…tree lights, kitty biscuits and snuggling… but again, it could wait. He laughed, pleased to get at least one tease in while being under fire from Rook. “Ha! Okay, fine. I’m not that perceptive.” If only—maybe then he would’ve been able to plan some flawlessly executed proposal scheme set in the ideal of Rook’s mind, and not be waffling the way he was now on what was the best approach or thing to say.[break][break]
“I could do it!” he insisted, tugging them toward the extensively lit row of reindeer. “Maybe not like, something this fancy, but I’d do it.” Granted, probably not with a laundry list of whiny complaints. But the effort was what counted, right?[break][break]
The bare trees also had a tangle of lights twined through them, making them prettier despite their leaflessness. All of it cut something idyllic, and somehow the effect was kind of more festive than stringing lights in a spiral down the trunks of palm trees.[break][break]
Despite trying to deviate his mind, it kept returning to the idea he’d had in mind. The more he thought about it, it was silly to put it off right? It wasn’t like anyone was really paying attention to them—too busy milling about the brightly lit street with their own company and families. So…why put it off longer?[break][break]
He worried at his lip for a moment, glance darting over to his boyfriend for a moment. His stomach twisted itself up, and the fingers of his free hand twitched toward his coat pocket. Subtly, hopefully. “Hey, Rook?”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 18:36:29 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

From behind a mittened hand, Rook looked at him skeptically. "Okay, if you insist." A small, bemused snort at the thought. If Lam was willing to keep going, he wasn't going to keep coming up with excuses for him. The cold didn't bother him remotely. Though, by the end, he'd probably be over the soggy feeling that followed. He didn't particularly like the frigid after-effect of curling up in a warm place, overly aware of how cold he was regardless of the warmth.
[break][break]
Little did he realize that Lam was fighting to meet grandiose expectations that may or may not have even existed. Rook was perfectly oblivious, swooning over every magical light display. In a way, he wished he had put more effort into decorating their own house. It felt like such a waste now that he was thinking about it.
[break][break]
He was a little distracted, eyes darting around anything remotely shiny like a greedy pokemon. "Yeah, Lam?" He said, wondering if they could make a few stops to grab some last minute decorations. Maybe they could still save their boring house with its single wreath. What had he been thinking, honestly? That was really unlike him. Sure, Lam had been busy this whole year and Rook had been helping him set up the gym. Even then, there was no excuse. He looked back to Lam finally.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 19:07:43 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“I do insist,” he said with a smile, head nodding to emphasize the fact. “I can suffer a few more houses, I’m sure.” And it was pretty magical. Picturesque and ideal for a proposal. That’s what he reminded himself every time his mind ventured toward ‘A Christmas Eve proposal is the cheesiest shit you could’ve thought up, Lam’ territory.[break][break]
Rook was lost in the spectacle of the lights, which was sort or relieving because it meant that he wasn’t hyper attentive to Lam fidgeting and awkwardly reaching for his pocket and stopping, only to do it again a few seconds later. But at the same time, he held his breath, uncertain if he’d manage to successfully pull the other’s attention for the prettiness of the scene around them.[break][break]
No, that was stupid. Of course Rook would pay him mind. And as soon as the other’s eyes turned back toward him, the lights from the house in front of them catching the molten hue of them with a brighter glow, Lam felt his heart lurch unsteadily before it stopped. Frozen in its tracks as he stared a bit dumbly at his boyfriend. When had he pulled the box out of his pocket? It remained hidden, his hand curled tight around it.[break][break]
Okay, he just had to stay cool. He was gonna do this, it was happening. This was going down right now.[break][break]
“I—“ he shuffled his weight to one foot, trying to shake off the nerves, but it was the wrong move. His foot caught a patch of ice on the pavement and slipped out from under him. Rather than risk pulling Rook down if he fell, he let go of his hand and his arms pinwheeled as he tried to regain his balance with a yelp of sound.[break][break]
Yeah, he really knew how to make a moment memorable.[break][break]
Lam’s face burned as his feet skidded, but he managed to keep himself from kissing the sidewalk. If he’d had enough charming smoothness, and recollection, he could’ve used the moment to segue into something sentimental and keep on going with the proposal. Because, hadn’t Rook tripped on the pavement too, on their first date? It would’ve been cute, and reverential.[break][break]
But sadly his thoughts scattered and he panicked, shoving both hands in his pockets to stealthily release the box from his grip as he puffed out a breath that warped into an embarrassed laugh. “That was close. The time,” he lied, “I was gonna ask what time it was. I think they said they’d deliver around 7:30.”[break][break]
Good going, hot shot.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 19:15:49 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

A lot happened in the span of a few seconds. First, being that it was really hard to tear his eyes away from so many bright and dazzling lights. Especially with the snow picking up and pelting the ground in thick clumps. It was beautiful, picturesque even. He was glad they went out, even if it meant having to beg to Lam to stay just a little longer.
[break][break]
Then Lam almost died, again.
[break][break]
Okay, a little dramatic. But he did almost definitely eat shit because of some ice. Rook barely responded in time, caught several minutes behind in a dazzle of lights. He felt broad-sided, staring at Lam with wide eyes. He also ping-ponged between immediate concern and the instinctive need to laugh.
[break][break]
"Woah! That was close. Hey, I'm supposed to be the clumsy one, quit trying to take my role." It did begin to dawn on him a little that something unusual was going on. Just a tiny bit. It wasn't quite like Lam to be antsy and dramatic and clumsy... regardless of the weather.
[break][break]
Okay, that explained it. "I knew it, see. You do wanna go. It's only 6:45, we only just got out. Let's go."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 19:33:25 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Oh, this was the worst. Somehow, he’d cursed it. What was that?? What deity had he crossed to make them come down on him with all it’s fury. Maybe he shouldn’t have called Kyogre just a really big ugly fish. Even worse was the way Rook was looking at him—not that he was on the verge or laughter. That he could live with.[break][break]
No, it was the suspicion. He almost blurted out his intentions on the spot without any prodding whatsoever.[break][break]
“What? No!” Another nervous laugh slipped out. Oh god, his voice was doing that thing where it went all squeaky (a tell of his.) “I just…realized I forgot my phone, and you know I always forget to wear a watch..” False, his phone was nice and snug in his other pocket. The watch part was true, though. Even when he was being all fit and wearing a step-tracker.[break][break]
He blinked rapidly, face still bright red, though it definitely wasn’t from the cold that time. He turned and looked back at the house with its inflatable snowman and bright, tinsel draping.[break][break]
“I’m not lying…” About the staying out part, that was. The other stuff was definitely a big, fat fib. “I really don’t mind.” But maybe it was smarter to go. He’d probably be less likely to make an idiot of himself at home. Well, he’d thought that before, anyway.[break][break]
Now, though? He wasn’t so sure.[break][break]
He looked at Rook with wide eyes. “But the lights..” The worst part wasn’t really that Rook was looking at him strangely, but the idea that he was cutting off something fun prematurely. When was the last time they’d had a cute, intentional date like this that wasn’t just grabbing dinner and then huddling up to watch a movie? He’d been so busy this year—they both had, and now he’d bungled something he’d planned ages ago.[break][break]
All because he wasn’t cool and collected, and like, suave or whatever.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 19:45:34 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Okay, now Lam was being really weird.
[break][break]
Before, he was certain that it had to be that he was hiding how miserable he actually was. Now, he wasn't so certain. Rook wasn't exactly an expert analyst of people or... well, anything. He was probably more than a little oblivious of things that went on around him. Even when people were being mean to him, it often went over his head. Yet, something was certainly going on with Lam.
[break][break]
He worried that it was bad news. Especially after everything that had happened with his arm, what if Lam was hiding something important and scary? Rook had proven that he couldn't handle even the slightest emotional situation.
[break][break]
Despite it all, he was relatively good at playing it off. At least, in that moment. Lam would explain it to him when he was ready, right?
[break][break]
"Okay... good." Even then, a touch of skepticism clung to his voice. "Fine. Let's get closer to the tree. They're gonna light it up soon." At the center of the square, there was a massive tree just waiting to be lit up. If Lam wasn't going to take advantage of the opportunity, then he would and he'd just drag Lam after him by force.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 20:02:34 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
He could save this. He just needed to play it cool for a little while, then he could regroup make another attempt.[break][break]
“Yes, good. Okay.” Though he agreed, he let Rook tug him forward. Lam trailed along after him, eyes occasionally skirting back toward him in an attempt to gauge his mood. He didn’t think Rook was put out with him, or anything. Well, hopefully, anyway. He just couldn’t seem to read the other in that moment.[break][break]
It was the nerves, and he knew it.[break][break]
He let out a breath, coming to a stop in front of the large tree. His head tilted back, craning to look toward the top. “Wow, that’s something, huh?” Tier by tier, it began to light up until the whole thing glowed brightly and then were cast in the light it kicked off. His arm instinctively slid around Rook’s waist, and he tucked himself close, head leaning against his shoulder. And that time it didn’t have anything to do with the cold.[break][break]
The moment was even more ideal than it had been before, and still he couldn’t find the nerve. Maybe. There were definitely more people around now, all paying attention to the display. And the idea of them looking made it that much more nerve-wracking. He’d already fumbled so hard when no one was paying them any mind. “Wanna take a picture together?” With Rook’s phone, of course, because…he’d totally left his behind.[break][break]
This was the better call. He could play it cool and they’d mill around for a little while, and Rook would definitely forget that he’d been acting funny. Then bam! He’d pull off the best proposal ever. He just had to keep. Being. Cool.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
216 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 20:56:38 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Despite his suspicions, they were easy to drop. Not that Lam wasn't being entirely suspicion and weirder than usual, he didn't want to sit on that too much. This was supposed to be a fun date, not a mystery game where he tried to determine all of his boyfriend's deepest darkest secrets. He would save that for after they devoured an entire pizza and he had nothing else to do.
[break][break]
"It's beautiful." He smiled, focusing on the sudden brilliance of the tree as he leaned against his partner. Things like this didn't happen before he met Lam. It was possible he'd never find such simple happiness if not for the other's part in his life. He had a lot of things to be thankful for and the holiday time had a wicked way of making him dote on it more and more.
[break][break]
He kept telling himself, maybe next time. Maybe he'd choke up the confidence to broach the conversation. Yet, it never felt quite right. He didn't want to overstep too. Lam was just so busy with the gym and battling and being a doofus.
[break][break]
"Yeah!" He grinned, fishing out his phone. He was something of a junky for keepsakes and photos. He liked documenting everything so that one day he could look back on it when he was old and decrepit. "Smile! CHEEEESSSEEEE." The flash nearly blinded him, but he smiled like a dork anyways.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
all that i want [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 21:33:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Yeah. Doesn’t hold a candle to you, though, obviously.” He nudged Rook playfully, a sidelong glance cast his way before returning to the tree. For right then, he seemed to have pulled off playing it cool.[break][break]
Lam leaned closer, head nuzzling against Rook’s cheek as he tried to lift up on his toes a bit. His grin widened and some of his nerves faded away—it was easier to calm down, when they were doing little, familiar things like this. Eyes fixing on the phone screen, his smile grew that much more. “This is a good one—definitely needs to go on the wall.” Other photos were similarly printed and affixed throughout the hallway. Mostly haphazardly, but it was sorta artsy and cute that way.[break][break]
Plus, frames were sorta boring anyway, weren’t they?[break][break]
Turning his head inward, he pressed a kiss against Rook’s mouth, smile persisting. “Your lips are hella cold,” he murmured, a breath of laughter pressed there too. “But I love you regardless.” Lingering in the glow of the tree for a little while longer, he allowed the contentment to swallow up his jitters. Though it didn’t exactly push him to go through with it, either.[break][break]
Eventually he tugged on Rook’s arm. “Let’s check out the other side of the street, yeah?” Doing so should turn them back in the right direction toward home, and allow them to mosey back without Rook feeling like Lam was trying to rush them through it.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- omg 💍

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights