vct: cian vs kyle
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 12:04:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tripleh handsomehoennhotshot"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"heh, fancy seeing you here."[break][break]

he swipes at the tip of his nose in a cool way as he stares across the battlefield at . almost three years ago, they faced each other during the hoenn star tournament, and now, they meet again.[break][break]

"no better way to start our tourney run than with a win against the top champ."[break][break]

his index finger points at kyle, copied by his froakie.[break][break]

"believe it!"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".handsomehoennhotshot"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".tripleh"] --accent: #7C6678 } .tripleh b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .tripleh { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .tripleh i { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh u { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .tripleh .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tripleh .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .tripleh .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .tripleh .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 15:58:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"are you really trash talking right now?" he asks with a chuckle. "that's brave of you, hoenn hotshot."

he knows cian added a third word out there, but he forgot about it.

"come on, now. you wouldn't say that to little ol' kilo right here, wouldn't you?"

the poochyena beside kyle starts barking at cian. it must have been offended with what he said to him.

"when you said those mean things, you said it to him. and now he's angry..."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:01:15 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"it's handsome hoenn hotshot now. market research says it's catchier as i can abbreviate it to triple h."[break][break]

squinting his eyes at 's poochyena, he waits a moment before laughing.[break][break]

"aww is he angry? GRRRR me too. ready up, kilo boy."[break][break]

he sticks two fingers into his mouth and whistles except it comes out really flat and not really like a whistle. froakie seems to get it, however, and starts the battle with a SMOKESCREEN before jumping in it.[break][break]

3zOi33hG[break]
+10 FROM SYGNA SUIT[break]
HP: 3/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".tripleh"] --accent: #7C6678 } .tripleh b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .tripleh { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .tripleh i { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh u { color: var(--accent); } .tripleh .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .tripleh .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .tripleh .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".tripleh .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .tripleh .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .tripleh .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:19:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, you have your own marketing team now too? fancy." then again, he is sponsored by devon and rotomtv among other things. "i'm not even sure if i have one."

as the frog jumps into the smoke, kyle watches his pokemon get angry back. grrr, it tells the froakie who had been hiding in the smoke, taunting it to attack him instead of hiding.

"so, do we get to use sygna suit abilities whenever and however we want?" he asks cian. "i went into action early and too lazy to read the instructions."

he's not even sure how the card works, but the AR part of the equipment given to participants was pog enough.

lDhPcWBZ (+10)
3/3 HP

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:28:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"yup yup, crazy what these sponsors are paying me and the weather gym. there's more support now that alex is back too."[break][break]

sometimes it feels surreal that so many have put their truth, faith, and money in him, but he tries his best not to think about it. he can't imagine the pressure must experience as well.[break][break]

"i'm also not sure—what the hell stop distracting me!"[break][break]

too busy trying to answer kyle's question, he isn't able to call out to his froakie in time to help it avoid the TAUNT. it resorts to PUMPING OUT HYDRO at poochyena.[break][break]

7sdzpODk[break]
HP: 2/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:35:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
in a typical kyle fashion, kyle ignores the request to stop distracting cian.

"i bet alex is the type to throw money whenever you request it." despite having worked with him before, kyle hasn't actually cared enough of his work ethics to notice, so he's throwing random shots at the topic. "you should ask for a costume for your froakie next time, one that he can wear in a fight."

if he did, kyle probably would jump in on the opportunity as well.

the sygna suit's pseudo avatarship activates, with kyle borrowing the poochyena's future sight. his eyes shine, albeit unnoticeable underneath the vital gear.

although it was too late for him to relay the information to the poochyena, the pokemon attempts to finesse its way away from the attack with a shadow sneak.

rnUcIe8S (+10)
3/3 HP

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:42:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"stop...distracting...me..."[break][break]

froakie's HYDRO PUMP travels quicker than poochyena could scamper away in its SHADOW SNEAK, knocking the dark-type into the ground. staying on the offensive, froakie switches it up and LICKS poochyena instead, helping it dry off by giving it a bald patch on its head.[break][break]

"ooooooo maybe we can get matching costumes for our pokemon? what can they be?"[break][break]

's tactic works but it might work against him in the end.[break][break]

qQ_ynXKp[break]
HP: 2/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 16:54:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh! froakie can be a slime and poochyena can be a shadow wolf!"

the concept of his reference was bland an unoriginal, but it was surprisingly popular with normies. even kyle wouldn't call bad because there's a lot more worse titles than it was.

"have you watched it yet?" he asks.

the hydro pump may have clipped the poochyena, and the lick may have disoriented it, but it manages to fight back. kilo bops the froakie on the head with a heavy paw like a dragon hammer.

i2y13mBr (+10)
2/3 HP

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:00:38 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"slime and shadow wolf? what the—"[break][break]

unable to break free from 's interesting topic of conversation in time, cian watches his froakie get pummelled by DRAGON HAMMER. its entire body seems to squish underneath the pressure, flattening only to unflatten a moment later like something out of a cartoon.[break][break]

"damn, froakie kinda jiggly."[break][break]

sensing danger, it DOUBLE TEAMS and tries to SMACK DOWN.[break][break]

yuLP9BbM[break]
HP: 1/3

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:06:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you didn't know of the slime isekai anime?" he asks cian. "that's in character of you."

he should've known that cian was the type to only watch the actual mainstream anime with more than a hundred episodes and twenty seasons, all shounen and all staples of the jump magazine.

"want to make froakie jiggle more?"

future sight takes fruit. the sync between the suit and the pokemon relays information that the froakie was going to use double team, allowing the poochyena to make a strike at the same time as the smack down hits him.

it would have played rough with it.

79Z_lh45 (+10)
2/3 HP

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:10:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

"dude i only watch the mainstream stuff. i think i've seen my hero at least ten times, it's just that good."[break][break]

too engrossed in talking about anime, his froakie is left to fend for its own as it eventually succumbs to the final PLAY ROUGH.[break][break]

"hey hey hey get off my little ribbit!"[break][break]

he recalls his froakie before 's poochyena has a chance to kill it.[break][break]

"man...i'll get ya next time."[break][break]

HP: 0/3[break][break]

CIAN LOSES!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:15:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle realized that he should have queued up another future sight so he can actually kill his little ribbit.

"you know why you lost?" it's an arrogant question that was repeated a lot in cian's favorite anime. "it's because you didn't watch enough anime."

he picks up his little awoo so it won't kill the little ribbit and get cian sad. he already tried to jump off the border's cliffs and he wouldn't want a part two of that.

"if only you did, then you would've known that it was a secret move." it wasn't.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 8:00:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: