awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vct: freya vs ana
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 23:29:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she pulls down on her knit hat, fingers chapped from the cold. lilycove has come alive with the tournament and though she tends to avoid the city as often as she can, it's nice to see hoenn and its people coming together like this. 

when she'd seen ana's name on the roster, she'd lit up like a candlenights tree and registered herself as a combatant. so wrapped up in her excitement, she'd forgotten the last time they'd battled - the encounter had ended with a dead dragon and ana's leg shot clean through by an arrow.

not that ana remembers it. 

she stands by lyune. his scales glitter in the sunlight, gathering what warmth he can. he too despises the cold. when she nears, freya stops blowing warm air into her hands and waves. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 23:41:23 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]She’s about to run across the field and give Freya a big hug when the ref blows his whistle sharply at her and points at the square she’s supposed to be standing in. She takes her place with a frown.
[break][break]
“Heya, boss lady.” She makes up for it with an energetic wave. Even Rose lifts a hand in greeting, her trainer’s joy is so infectious. “How’s your day been? I keep getting my ass beat by, like, children and shit.”
[break][break]
Maybe not what she should be telling her employer, but anyway, it’s already out there.
[break][break]
The Valiant takes its place to await the start of combat.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 [break]
- iron valiant is out. paradox pokemon get a +20 to prime number rolls. [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".anavct"]--accent:#bd5551;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:00:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

ana does not share the same trepidations or complicated emotions that freya does. she has to constantly remind herself of this, and to not care, but she's never been very good at that. 

at the whole not caring about the people she loves. 

still, she shakes her head of such dour thoughts and laughs when ana claims she and her iron valiant have gotten their asses kicked by children. lyune's tail twitches in anticipation at the enemy.

"only one battle so far. lyune hasn't broken a sweat." the dragon squares off, sizes up his opponent, and then growls lowly, calling for the play. 

"oh," she hums and grins, showing teeth, "don't hold back, kiabil. ana can handle it."

and the earth shudders in response.

[attr="class","heroesgymbar"]

LB_a1KbF

lyune uses earthquake!
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:11:59 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]Things happen when you physically go in and alter your brain state. You start to feel like you’ve hand-picked everything you’re feeling, now, and it feels much better. It’s easier to feel.
[break][break]
“Figures. I’m not surprised.”
[break][break]
Lyune squares his shoulders in their direction, tail whipping.
[break][break]
“Let’s get it on.”
[break][break]
The ground trembles and shakes. Rose is jostled, briefly, but then her internal gyro-balancers kick in and she can bounce easily from foot to foot, striding forward to deliver a spirit break to the dragon’s left shoulder.

[break][break]
Dt9vVc0u

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses spirit break
- iron valiant is out. paradox pokemon get a +20 to prime number rolls. AMENDED ROLL IS 27. [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".anavct b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".anavct .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:39:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the earthquake doesn't phase the iron valiant in the slightest. lyune, so sure of his attack, is slow to dodge out of the way as the paradox pokemon shrugs off the quake and steps forward with a spirit break

he screeches in pain as the hammer comes down on his shoulder and with a flash of fury, turns his head to belch a deluge of fire into the iron valiant's face. the flame billows around a cracking, unhinged jaw as the rest of his bones shudder.

his wings slither into a crescent moon, gleaming with mega energy. the stone in freya's hair sputters in reaction to lyune's rage and she licks her lips, eyes flashing. 

"i didn't know you had one of these, ana. it's terrifying."

2QiPUxaM

mega lyune uses flamethrower!
+20 to mega evolution pkmn
amended role is 23
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 1:26:37 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]Rose’s blade is still lodged in the draconid’s flesh as he begins to metamorphosize. The joints of his wings expand and sluice down in a cascade of turquoise scales, shoulders hinging, collapsing; throat dropping, dropping, dropping.
[break][break]
The Valiant is still staring him in the eye when his jaw drops and the flames come. It is, in fact, Rose’s arm blade still vestiged into Lyune’s Mega forme that allows the Paradox Pokemon to attempt to escape, using the fused portion of their bodies like a hinge to hoist themself over and up onto Lyune’s back.
[break][break]
Fire make the steel of their chassis bubble and blacken, but they wrench their arm from Lyune’s body, and aim a moonblast directly at the back of the dragon’s head.
[break][break]
Ana, meanwhile, is watching the scene in blissful peace.
[break][break]
“Who, Rose? Yeah, she’s great. I used her a lot when I was prototyping my arm. We don’t have the tech or the materials of the future, yet, but the general forms stay the same. I want to replicate more of it, someday.” Her face beams with pride and excitement. “Also, she’s not nearly as scary as Sima 2. I can’t completely stop her from murdering everyone, so that’s why she’s not here.”

[break][break]
IQedP7on

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 3/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses moonblast
- rose & lyune: murdering each other. ana: NEAT ROBOT DOGS [break]
- iron valiant is out. paradox pokemon get a +20 to prime number rolls.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 0:20:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

right. she named the clangorous monstrosity sima 2.0 because of course she did. its flesh counterpart lay somewhere in the ultra deep sea, rotting and forgotten. granted, a decent portion of her had ended up in lyune's stomach.

the dragon may have gotten off to a rocky start, but this new shape gives way to pure instinct and to rage. her arm twists his flesh and his head rolls, flame chasing her back until the acid sputters and he's knotted up, left snarling and spraying droplets of spittle in her face. 

"well, i appreciate it. would much rather have some fun today than clean up after sima 2. but, ah, rose shouldn't have done that."

lyune is not a bucking bronco. that this thing thinks it worthy of sitting upon his back is a horrid impudence. he screeches and his tail slams into the ground, cracking the earth. green light sparks around his sides and though it flickers harmlessly over the fairy-type, the instant of confusion and relief she no doubt feels is short-lived. 

the earth shatters. one moment he's on the ground and the next he's corkscrewing into the air like a rocket, carrying her up and up and up until his spine ripples, shoulders surging to dislodge the blade in his side and send her flying.

RR1ewn2b

mega lyune uses dragon ascent to yeet a bitch!
10d10 fall damage tyvm
+20 to mega evolution pkmn
amended role is 119
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:19:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]Unbeknownst to literally everyone in attendance, what parts of Sima were not long since turned into dragon shit had been buried by , in a perfect little plot of Petalburg Woods overrun with yellow and blue dahlias, lovingly tended into pure chaos and disarray.
[break][break]
Only El knew the location of the grave, now.
[break][break]
Rose’s chassis begins to bubble and warp, gloops of it falling down to hit Lyune’s scales and cool into misshapen silver spikes. Parts of the bottom half of Rose’s face begin to droop and blister in a valid mockery of what Lyune’s form had done, but to the complete opposite effect.
[break][break]
One moment, Lyune and Rose are locked in combat, and the next, they’re just… gone, and she’s peering up with squinting eyes and one hand shading her brow as she tries to make out the tiny speck in the sky that is her Valiant.
[break][break]
“Oh. That’s some symbolic shit, huh.”
[break][break]
Rose might be down-- er, up-- but she’s not out. She scrabbles for purchase on Lyune’s back, managing to wrap fingers around the crescent moon of his wings. With swift, practiced motion, she disconnects her armblades and reconnects them into one weapon. Bracing a foot on the top of Lyune’s thigh, she vaults forward, swings the long double-bladed stave beneath the Salamence’s chin, hooking it in her own elbows, and pulling as tight as her hydraulic-powered servos will allow, empowering the choke-hold spirit break with so much force, her elbow joints spark.
[break][break]
uSJGd6eJ

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 2/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses spirit break[break]
- this was badass at least [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:32:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he wears a pseudo steel crown that's ominously reminiscent of his latent terastal energy. pieces of the iron valiant dribble down past a scarred eye. the creature is relentless and as the green flame fades away, it manages to cling on. servos whir and sparks fly as the elongated blade finds purchase against his throat. 

the mega stone in freya's hair starts to lose its brilliance and she bites her lip, nerves on end as ana's pokemon handles lyune's wings. they're safe now, in this form, but as soon as the energy gives out, he'll be vulnerable. 

he knows this too. his pupils thin to slits and his large paws lash out from his armor, squeezing his sacrilegious rider tight. 

frenzy plants spurt from his claws, alight with ghastly purple flame, and snake down the length of the weapon, dampening the spirit break before it can pierce his corpus and strike his soul.

vines slither like snakes, burning and burning and burning, as the last of the mega stone's energy gives out in freya's hair.

"is...are they supposed to melt like that?"

K8Oiaq7e

lyune uses frenzy plant!
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:55:33 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]“Uhhh….”
[break][break]
She wasn’t entirely sure. She hadn’t really thought about it. Sticking her Valiant in a mouth full of mega dragon fire had not been on her limit testing checklist.
[break][break]
Vines crawl across Rose’s form, slipping into the open crevasses and popped seams in her chassis, straining against her inner workings. Where the plantlife touches machinery, it mottles and shreds, filling the air with the sickly sweet smell of burning sap.
[break][break]
Vibrant, sparkly pink fluid streams over Lyune’s scales. The Valiant turns her wounds to her advantage, using the higher temperatures, laser-controlled functions, and sharply revolving pieces like a built-in buzzsaw to chew through the frenzy plant.
[break][break]
In something akin to a gymnastics move, she uses the weapon at Lyune’s throat like an uneven bar, hoisting herself up to crawl over his face, legs coming to wrap around his neck. In the palm of her hand she gathers a moonblast, attempting to force it down the dragon’s roaring throat.

[break][break]

yYk|8IGC

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 1/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses moonblast[break]
- this was badass at least [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:28:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya would do a lot for ana.

freya loves ana very dearly and though she's new to the whole friendship thing and loving someone properly, without teeth, her love is wrapped in loyalty. and pride. 

freya will not know what to do if her friend ana let her extremely powerful paradox pokemon rip her closest companion apart from the inside out. 

the mega stone goes dull with an impending sense of finality and lyune's muscles shake. rose gets her dripping, mechanical hands around lyune's mouth, pinching around reshaping bone. 

dorsal fins flare as he realizes the danger he's in. the looming creature wrenches his lower jaw down and moonlight condenses around her. freya yells in draconic, a frenzied snap at both lyune and the trainer across from her. 

in a heartbeat, it is not lyune up there. fernando's fingers are wrapped around her jaw, asking her to say ahhh, and they are opening their mouths, acid curdling and bubbling, aching into that vacuum of space, hungrily wanting and loathing and craving faerie fire. 

and then comes the pain, the forgetting of the body, the forgetting of the self. 

lyune's wings slacken and they plummet to the ground. 

fractal shards skitter past freya's boots when they land. she's white-knuckled, staring at the heap of dragon on the ground, heart skipping a beat until he gets to his paws and coughs out the last of his protect

he lifts his head and his eyes are alight with rage. freya reaches for the pokeball in her choker, but his rattling hiss stays her hand. through the pain he swallows with each heaving lungful, she searches for an answer. and finds it. 

he has met his match. he has come alive. he will not bow and he will not break. 

"okay," she whispers, corner of her lips tilting.

fire catches and the dragon bites back.

xe82b1Fj

lyune uses protect to not die holy fuck & flamethrower!
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:57:49 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]“Arceus fucking shit-all on a stake, Lalonde, you’re not supposed to kill him.”
[break][break]
There’s a sickening moment of cold, just cold, after the deafening thunderclap of the two of them hitting the ground. Her knees go a bit wobbly and her stomach drops, and somewhere far away, a ghost screams in victorious recognition, the taste of vengeance so bitterly sweet with no one living to share it with, phantom claws grabbing grabbing grabbing, but just not finding purchase.
[break][break]
Lyune lifts his head.
[break][break]
Every breath she’s ever taken rushes out of her in one moment. “Holy fuck.”
[break][break]
This battle is not over.
[break][break]
Wispy tendrils of moonlight still peel back over Rose’s right palm, like a fading gauntlet of astral energy. She is hunched, one knee pushed out, one hip cocked forward. Pink fluid rains down around her; she doesn’t breathe, so she isn’t shaking with respiration rate, but something within her is grinding and spinning, grinding and spinning, so it looks like she’s heaving breaths. Half of her face is melted away and warped; dying plants cling to the unholy openings of her body cavity.
[break][break]
She knows the fire is coming. There is no other way to end this.
[break][break]
Her weapon was lost in the fall. It’s wedged so deep into the earth, it would take three Lyunes to pull it out in time for it to be useful.
[break][break]
She has lost her blade, but not her edge, and every singular servo, every iota of metallic alloy, every flashing LED and arcing electrical spark drives her onward, fist clenched, arm curling round, one final spirit break aimed right for the head of the dragon.
[break][break]
This one, after all, only has one.

[break][break]
MJJvPGvV

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 1/3 [break]
- iron valiant uses spirit break
- iron valiant is out. paradox pokemon get a +20 to prime number rolls. amended roll is 79. [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:23:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they will always overcome.

a viscous, oil-slick liquid sprays from lalonde's misshapen parts, rent by serrated teeth. it slips down her form and stains the earth and freya is reminded of her baptism, felt over and over and over again in bodies not her own. she forgets, sometimes, that dragons came from the sea. 

who could blame her? as lyune gathers his strength and harnesses a centuries-old spirit to manipulate flame, avariciously consuming oxygen to burn brighter and brighter and brighter. 

she does not look away upon their collision. she does not look away as the kinetic force fails to rupture his stalwart spirit. lights dance over her eyes and the superheated air makes ana look hazy behind it. 

lalonde glows with heat and lyune stands triumphant. 

her heart flutters in her chest and she reminds herself to breathe. a giddy exhilaration surges through her and when the battle's called, she traipses across the field to bear down on ana, grinning wolfishly from ear to ear. 

"that was amazing. you were incredible! you almost killed my dragon, but you were incredible!"

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 15:44:57 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","anavct"]
[attr="class","body"]This somehow still feels like a victory.
[break][break]
Even as Rose’s still-cooling body crumples and falls, it still feels… well, like not a total loss.
[break][break]
She hugs Freya close and finds the other woman’s grin to be infectious.
[break][break]
“Yeah! Yeah, it was really fucking good,” she says, laughing. “That was. I mean, wow. I thought-- I hundred percent thought, um. Yeah. I thought Lyune died.” She sweeps sweaty blonde hair behind her ear, remembering to breathe. “That probably-- I shouldn’t have underestimated him. But fuck.”
[break][break]
She sags against Freya, a little.
[break][break]
“That was really scary. Sorry.”

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP 0/3 [break]
- iron valiant is defeated
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:56:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the rush has yet to leave her. she hasn't seen lyune like that in years. he'd saved her at the eleventh hour against elisabeth and fernando, but there had been little time to savor their triumph. this battle had been a soliloquy, perfect stanzas of all they'd overcome and how much stronger they were because of it. 

she kisses the crown of ana's head and holds her tightly. 

"it'll take a lot more than that to kill him," she says. there's sweat on her lips, stray baby hairs from ana's hairline tickling her chin, but she doesn't move.

"how about we take a break, you and i? get them both all fixed up and grab a bite. there's a bakery near hear i used to love."