awards
175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 18:15:36 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
saskia doesn't usually have very strong feelings about old people. her deda would have people over sometimes to play cards and she liked those nights. they were filled with good food, homemade hot chocolate, and the haze of cigar smoke, the latter of which reminded her of home. 

but miss grace. she has come to love miss grace. the old woman has a berry farm and though it's out of season right now, with all of the bushes bare, there's still a lot to do around the place. she's been chatting sasky's ear off from the back porch since she arrived, telling her all about the giant vespiquen that came out of nowhere and terrorized the place. 

she explains that they have good folk around here and that they came to help as soon as she called. but her leg is still a bit busted up from the incident and the rangers have helped her out before with the winter cleaning so she can prep for spring. 

she had hot cider waiting for sasky and gosh, if that isn't the way to her heart. she sips it and is still working on her list when her partner for the assignment shows up. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
taste the strawberry sunscreen
see what it's like to be loved
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
to be alone, to be in love or to just be worth it?
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:55:09 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","portents"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-blossom"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

It’s a chilly Hoenn day, which meant it was tropical for native Kantonians and Johtonians. Porter was wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt and had his Ranger cadet issue jacket tied around his waist. The sky was gray and the landscape was gray, which reminded him of home; every time he remarked on the weather some Hoenn old-timer told him to just wait, it would all get crazy beautiful, soon.
[break] [break]
He’d done enough research on the boat over that he had a good grasp of Hoenn’s recent history. He wondered which part they meant more: crazy, or beautiful.
[break] [break]
Porter hadn’t been home to Kanto in awhile. Certainly not while they were occupied. He’d left in 2014 to go to school in Kalos; then from Kalos to Alola and Paldea chasing his Master’s in biological sciences and environment and conservation management. He’d found mishmash of education had made him overqualified for many starter positions; but, apparently, it made him perfectly qualified to help an old lady with her berry farm.
[break] [break]
He didn’t mind, except that he was late. He checked the front of the farmhouse, first, and saw lights on in the back, so he walked ‘round the whole-house porch and found miss Grace and his partner sitting and sipping on hot cider.
[break] [break]
“Sorry I’m late,” he said, brandishing his box of mixed donuts as an apologetic shield, “I got lost.”
[break] [break]
Iratiri’s head poked up above his shoulder, trilling a watery worble of excitement at new people!
[break] [break]
“Ow. Right in my ear, ‘tiri.”

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ :3c [break]
[break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".portents"] --accent:#7FB685; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .portents:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .portents .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .portents .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:49:35 GMT
and donuts? this is shaping up to be the best ranger mission of her whole life. she brightens and hops up to her feet, careful not to slosh her cider around (she absolutely would have gotten it everywhere had oleg not been prepared with a bit of psychic power). she bounces over to him and, more importantly, to the box of donuts, green eyes gleaming. 

grace explains with a chuckle, a sparknotes version of what she'd just told saskia. 

"so basically, we get to clean up all the clutter and make sure everything's all set to go when all the land needs to be tilled for the new berry season! isn't that neat?" she says, 100% enthusiastically as she grabs for an apple cinnamon frosted donut. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 18:14:30 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The young woman has a thick head of mousey-brown hair and big, green eyes; the whole of her exudes a kind of energy that Porter got the feeling she might always have. A soft, pink glow holds her cup steady in one hand; Porter clocks it and grins, while nodding along as their client, Grace, explains the gig.
[break][break]
“Sounds good,” he says, setting the box of donuts down within arm’s reach of the older woman, and then turning to look at the expanse of gray-brown berry plants still growing, and the rows upon rows of fields covered with detritus, clumps of rotting leaves, and sticks. “Many hands make light work, and all that.”
[break][break]
Iratiri makes a warbling noise of agreement despite the fact that she absolutely would not be helping, very much. She was just a baby, after all.
[break][break]
Porter dons a pair of offered gardening gloves to protect from old thorns and sharp wood, pausing to flex his fingers, and extend his hand.
[break][break]
“Um, my name’s Porter. I’m assuming you’re Saskia?” He smiles, to soften how potentially creepy the blow might be. “Your name was in the dossier,” he added, almost apologetic.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
[break]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".portents"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .portents:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .portents .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .portents .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".portents .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:00:07 GMT
listening to grace has been fun and all, but she's never been much good at listening for long periods of time. so she's more than happy to take the gloves and bounce down the porch stairs, giving one last forlorn look to the box of donuts left by grace's side. 

that's okay. if they get snackish, oleg can always go squirrel away a couple more. great minds seem to think alike because the waddling alien beeps enthusiastically at her side. 

'tiri is very cute and saskia already loves her and has never touched a horsea before, but she imagines those cerulean, glittering scales feel like wet rocks. still salty from the ocean, tumbled smooth. it takes her a second to realize the guy - paxton? parker? pedro? - just introduced himself. 

"yeah! but you can call me sasky if you want." oh duh. the dossier. she can sneak a peek at his name there without sounding dumb and like she wasn't listening. 

she tightens her gloves and squats down to start clearing away some of the dead plants. "and this is oleg. don't mind him." oleg pitches forward, heavy head hitting the dirt with a solid thunk. his legs come up in a perfect headstand and he stretches out his arms. some of the earth loosens as tangled roots are pulled out from underneath it. 

sasky pats his stocky little legs. once, she sharpied toe beans on the cylindrical stalks. 

"where are you usually based out of? i don't think i've seen you 'round. i'm over in oldale."
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 16:11:37 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avatar"]

“Sasky,” he says, committing the name to memory in the echo of his bootsteps down the porch stairs.
[break][break]
He’s about to say ‘hi’ to Oleg when the little alien goes into some bizarre breakdancing routine; he catches the flash of something dark and then follows Sasky’s gloved hands to where little paw-prints have been drawn on the living stone.
[break][break]
A high-pitched giggle snort escapes him before he can clap his hand over his mouth and stop it. It’s definitely embarrassing and his face flushes red all the way, he knows, to the tips of his ears, so he drops to his knees in the dirt to start clearing out space at the base of the berry plants in the hopes of hiding it.
[break][break]
“Um, I’ve only just arrived, so right now Slateport until I get my proper assignment,” he said, furiously trying not to look at her. “H-have you been in Hoenn long?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
[break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 2:42:36 GMT
you can tell a lot about a person by the way they laugh. her mama used to say that. people without laugh lines, she said, are the ones you gotta watch out for. they're the best people. and sasky knows it's true. well, sometimes, actually, she thinks maybe it's because she laughs like a hog and it makes her feel better to think she's special. 

but when paxton-parker-pedro (she hasn't checked on the sly yet, okay?) laughs, her face lights up like a candlenights tree and she grins from ear to ear. not that he sees, because he chokes it back and digs his face into the dirt where she can't see him. 

unlucky for him though - oleg's frequency skrches and the first attempt doesn't hit it on the mark, but the second one does. he mimics the sound as best he can and swings his feet back and forth. 

"born 'n raised!" she says proudly, and loudly as she gently pushes oleg aside. she squats down beside her partner, mischievous grin and sidelong glances all while she pulls at the overgrowth. 

"'cept i studied in snowpoint with my grandad for a few years and then i got stuck there when that big bubble went up, but i came back as soon as it went down 'cause the ranger academy approved my request to come help hoenn so i'm back now and anyway, how do you like it here?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 17:09:34 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Oh god. Oh god, oh no. It’s a nightmare. A nightmare. Like listening to your voice on recording. His face heats up even more, the blush spreading down his throat.
[break][break]
Focus, Porter, focus.
[break][break]
Then Sasky moves next to him and he has to consciously remind himself to keep breathing, keep breathing, keep breathing.
[break][break]
Luckily enough, she’s a chatterbox, and while she’s smiling like she wants to pick at his weak points, she seems genuine enough not to.
[break][break]
“Uh, oh, yeah, the bubble,” Porter says, calming a little. “I was in Paldea when it went up, working on my research.” To an outsider, Hoenn seemed to attract a lot of trouble. “I like it! It’s nice. The weather is nice. And it’s got a lot of diversity, so. All good things. What were you studying in Snowpoint?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
[break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 18:20:24 GMT
saskia remains completely oblivious to the state of porter's quickly deteriorating psyche. at the very least, oleg grows bored of his impersonations very quickly and totters off to go tear up some weeds in the next plot over.

"your research!" she says, utterly intrigued. she grunts as she tugs out a pesky vine from the earth. what was once the root to a pomeg bush flakes off, brown and sad. she pats it after she sets it down.

"migration patterns in the birds there, mostly, but i was studying for ecology. there's a lot of really good opportunities for eco majors with the rangers. but that's boring! tell me about your research!"
close tab

played by

Ceej

Po
He/Him
Twenty-eight
August 18
Lavender
Pansexual
Conservationist
Cadet
6'4" / 194 cm height
6'4" / 194 cm height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @porter
porter holmes
a berry fateful meeting
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 16:19:32 GMT
porter holmes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Oleg leaving their general sphere is like a weight lifting off of Porter’s chest. He exhales, scattering pale, winter-dry dust. He’s working on untangling his own ball of roots, trying his hardest to preserve the taproot, when--
[break][break]
“No way!” he turns, over excited and maybe yelling a bit. “That’s what I’m studying, too!” He clears his throat, blushing, blushing, blushing. “Um, I mean. Conservation ecology. Species biodiversity. That sort of thing.”
[break][break]
But she’d just said that was boring. So. “Just… more boring stuff, I guess.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ we didnt do this on purpose which is honestly incredible [break]
[break]

[attr="class","credits"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights