Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:23:34 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
He no longer had the brainpower to keep count, because honestly shit had flown out the window by this point.

He sighed, because all he could do now was rush to get his Absol treated, before heading over to the next arena so that his next match could begin.

Who was he going up against, he wondered?

All the while, his Absol paced around her side of the field, watching and waiting with interest.

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:37:22 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

Fatigue was starting to set in as Eddie stepped into the arena for his next match. Maybe it was just the sheer number of battles he had been in so far, or maybe the rush of adrenaline from his previous clashes was beginning to fade, but he couldn't let weariness overtake him yet. He had another battle to attend, and he hoped he could eke out a victory this time. [break][break]

Sizing up his opponent, Beau dutifully standing at his side, Eddie offered a friendly wave and a broad smile as he took his spot on his side of the arena, [break][break]

“Yo, I'm Eddie! Lookin' forward to our battle today!” he called with genuine enthusiasm. Sure, the battles may have been taking their toll, but he was always eager to meet new trainers and the Pokemon that accompanied them. [break][break]

notes[break]
No gimmicks battle[break]
Part of the Vital City Tournament[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 13:06:22 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The moment he spotted the black Tauros, though, he had to do a double-take. Wait, he hadn’t seen that before!

“Call me Jack, and—whoa, can I ask you where you got your Tau—” he tried to call out to his opponent before the bell dinged, signifying that it was time to throw down!

The Absol on his side of the field would size up her opponent with a careful eye, before going for their standard, go-to Swords Dance routine; getting ready for what was to come.

Sometimes, it was difficult to be the one to start the battles, but there you go. Calculated risk and rewards it was, then!

oUettSw1
+15 for even rolls!

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 12:24:05 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

A broad grin of pride spread across Eddie's face at Jack's admiration of Beau. Before he could respond though, the bell had rung for the battle to begin. [break][break]

The black bull stepped forward, leering at the Absol empowering herself with a SWORDS DANCE to start the battle. Beau stamped and snorted aggressively, getting himself WORKED UP before charging at the opposing Pokemon. Head down, horns forward, he prepared to throw his whole body into a fierce bout of CLOSE COMBAT if he was able to close the distance before the Absol could retaliate. [break][break]

dEVGwiB1[break]
HP: 2/3[break][break]

notes[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:40:29 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Now, if she got hit by that oddly-colored Tauros she’d be in for it!

“Be careful, Cordy!” he called from his side of the field as he watched the Dark-type Pokémon take a deep breath, before brandishing her head-horn like a sword before lashing out with a surprise Night Slash attack!

Hopefully, this would throw the incoming opponent off-balance, at the very least!

f|N1ZgTh
+15 for even rolls!

+

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 11:30:07 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

It seemed that the Absol was prepared to face the charging bull head on. Though Beau was able to get close with his charging attack, he was quickly waylaid by the searing NIGHT SLASH striking him on the top of his head. The bull lowed in pain as the force of the attack reversed his momentum, sending him reeling back from the blow. [break][break]

Beau was never one to back down from a fight, though. Instead, he charged back into the fray with an impossibly fast AQUA JET, hoping to capitalize on any openings the Absol might have. Eddie cheered as he watched the bull speed off, eager to see how the rest of the battle would play out. [break][break]

VwPSInfp+10[break]
HP: 2/3[break][break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 18:59:57 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Okay, to be fair he was not expecting the black-colored Tauros to know a… whoa.

Holy hellballs on a stick, w h o a how was that possible?! Dang, was that like the ‘Alolan variant’ Pokémon he was familiar with?

He’d been staring at the sudden Water-type move he didn’t notice that his Absol had already gotten clobbered by the surprise attack. Shaking off the water from her fur, she then moved to strike back with a surprise Psycho Cut, an attempt to throw the strange Tauros off-balance!

M7|umREf
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 20:30:04 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The bull bellowed victoriously as he collided with the Absol. The problem with being in such close proximity, however, was that he had left himself wide open for a counter-attack. The PSYCHO CUT that sliced across his flank in retaliation was particularly strong in that it was super-effective against the Fighting/Water hybrid. The bull teetered to the side, roaring in pain. [break][break]

Eddie winced as he watched the strike land, and in the Tauros' pain and fury, Beau began to buck and kick like a RAGING BULL. The black bull was no longer concerned with precision or care in his strikes; he was pissed, and now the Absol that had struck him was going to have to bear the brunt of that fury. [break][break]

IKHZuxDM[break]
HP: 1/3[break][break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 21:04:35 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Uh-oh!

While the Absol’s attack did land a solid strike, this only served to infuriate the bull Pokémon; as signified by the loud roaring as it tried to gore at her with its horns.

“Whoa, Cordy! Careful there! he called from his side of the field; fists clenching and hoping that she would be able to get the hell out of there—

Of course she would; with a surprise Sucker Punch; hopefully the raging bull would snap out of it!

…or not, depending on how this landed.

5qCplPcq
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 12:00:19 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","eddieh"]

This battle, alongside several others he had fought in during the tournament so far, had started to hammer in a lesson Eddie was coming to grips with time and time again. Running in and trying to brute force your way to victory just wasn't going to cut it, especially when dealing with a particularly skilled trainer. [break][break]

Case in point, all that Beau's thrashing managed to do was leave him wide open for the SUCKER PUNCH launched by the opposing Absol. In the bull's blind fury, there was no way he could have anticipated the attack, much less countered it. Eddie sighed as the bull went down, and he recalled the Tauros to his Pokeball. He looked up at Jack and flashed a toothy grin, [break][break]

"Whew, good match! Ya really mopped the floor with us!"[break][break]

KpRgdJu4[break]

HP: 0/3[break][break]

notes[break]
Jack wins![break]

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 12:16:04 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
He was hoping that the Tauros would realize what he was up against—to his surprise though, the match-ending bell rang and he was declared the winner—

Wait, what?

“Whoa, hey!” he exclaimed as his Absol ducked around the exploding confetti to return back to his side, ready to fall over.

“You had a really nice Tauros!” he exclaimed from his side of the field. “Let me know where you found ‘em, I’m curious!” he added before realizing—

“Good fight, good fight! Good luck with your battles!” he added a few moments later as the field was cleared out for the next match.

+
+ Jack takes the surprise W

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 12:28:03 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","eddieh"]

“Thanks, man!” Eddie called back with pride. To have someone admire his prized Pokemon and best friend made his heart soar, even if he wasn't walking away with the win. Beau had fought hard, and Eddie could never not be proud of that, [break][break]

“He's Paldean born and bred! There's a couple different breeds of 'em if ya ever find yourself in the region!” [break][break]

But with that, the match was officially at it's end. Eddie waved goodbye before striding out of the arena and on to his next match.
[break][break]

notes[break]
Jack wins![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
jack vs eduardo [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 6:38:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: