Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
The Toddler Trap [Lucretia][M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:37:10 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]A fortnight ago, a young man and woman approached him with a missing child case. The couple claimed to miss their daughter and even offered him a handful of photos before he opened his mouth. They seemed absolutely distraught, their crocodile tears staining his bamboo floors. But their body language did not fit. The words felt scripted; they lacked any kind of authentic affection or care. A few cursory questions left little gaps in their story.

A glance at the Houndstone beside him revealed the same suspicion.

A cigarette lifted to his mouth. Nikita lit it as the pair begged him to take the case. The revenant of a detective stood and offered his best attempt at comfort. A skeletal hand extended across the hardwood desk to take the ‘father’s’ hand. “I will find her.” He nodded to the mother. “You have my word.” But not because of their stupid little act. No, he wanted to know why these charlatans were pretending to be parents in the first place. “I will send the deposit invoice shortly.” One of the pictures—a frontward view—vanished into the pocket of his suit coat.

After a few days of hunting, Nikita found a park worker in Slateport who often saw the girl. With Winters's help, he tracked her to what he believed was her hiding place. But, he did not immediately approach. Springing the trap too soon, or too aggressively, would likely stymy the girl’s tongue.

So, instead, he laid bait. Doing so in a way that also benefitted the detective.

For weeks now, his grandson had been begging to spend time with him. So, he had brought the boy with him to the park. After setting him up on the swings. Sam began to quietly kick himself back and forth, Nikita returned to a nearby bench. Over his phone, he kept his eyes peeled for other children.

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[attr="class","nikitatag"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 2:23:08 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia had been staying in her little hidey hole that wasn't entirely trashy. For one, she had found an abandoned mattress down here that was clean enough and made a fancy little resting place. And the nearby vendors seemed to give her a cut if she did little odd jobs for them.

But it always felt strange to live like this while the other kids went home with other people. She frequently would sit in the park and sometimes play with other kids until they all split up to go their separate ways. The way they hugged their parents and such had given her a brief surge of homesickness that was ultimately pushed down.

Today, Lucia was taking a walk around the park after spending some time training with her team against some of the wild pokemon nearby, with the occasional trainer. But she came across a forlorn looking kid on the swingset looking lonely. She normally would have let them be and keep to herself.

But the way the kid was just looking down. And that expression made an impact on her.

"Hi." Lucia walked over quietly and gave Sam a timid wave. She was dressed in the Blueberry Academy uniform with an oversized coat that barely fit, reaching down to her ankles. "Can I swing by you?"

If given permission, Lucia slowly sat next to Sam and would try her best to have a conversation. Ask his name, what he likes, the small stuff.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 6:17:38 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The green-haired boy turned to Lucretia with an anxious, hopeful smile. “H-hi!” Little hands tightened around the swing’s chain as the girl drew nearer. Though he made no move to wave, his legs gave a series of anxious kicks. Then, she asked to join him. His face brightened slightly. “Sure!” Samuel chirped as he scooted in the seat as if that’d make more room for her on the other side. Beneath his shirt, scars briefly flashed.

Napping on a nearby merry-go-round, an Alolan Vulpix lifted its head. Only one blue eye stared back. As the thing spun in the wind, the left side of the fox became visible. Instead of bright white fur, its body was a mess of horrific burn scars. “Pix?” He barked at his owner, raising as if to protect him. But one headshake from Sam put an end to that.

This nice girl was talking to him! “Oh! I’m Sammy Sokolov! I’m here with my da—” There’s a brief flash of pain as his voice drops. Nikita didn’t like it when he called him that. “--Grandpa. He’s a detective!” At the talk of likes, he found his normally quiet demeanor evaporating. It was nice to talk with another kid! “I like cars and trains! They’re really cool! And they go super-duper fast.” This question he threw right back at her. And, feeling silly for forgetting, he asked her name as well.

He really has no sense of self-preservation. This is what Nikita thought to himself as he watched the pair talk. A single smile from another child, and it seemed his grandson was crafting an autobiography. He flipped the page he was reading. “Find where she came from.” This comment was directed at the Houndstone beneath his bench. With a quiet noise of agreement, the canid vanished into the aether.

Above the newspaper, smoke swirled idly in the air. It was still too early to spring the trap. Children and skittish rabbits had quite a lot in common.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 5:18:21 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Sure she was a little bit older than the boy, but he seemed like a fun person to really get to know. Something about how he was so open despite not knowing her reminded her a little about what kids acted like around his age. Just a short introduction and what they liked. She smiled a little while her introduced himself as Sammy. At her request to swing with him, he moved aside as if she was going to park near him and do it that way.

But that flash of burnt skin underneath the shirt had caused her mind to freeze. It had to really take a bit to calm her nerves a bit at the sight of that little image, though she had recovered after a bit and continued to keep up that smiling appearance.

"It's alright, I'll just take the swing next to you!"

The sound of a Vulpix caught her ears as she swung around catch sight of a heavily scarred pokemon looking up from the merry-go-ground. It had suffered the same kind of damage that Sammy's markings under his clothing had, though even worse. Lucia could feel her skin crawl by looking at it. What had happened to these two to cause such a thing?

"O-Oh, a detective? That's cool! Does he go around solving crimes?"

Yet she hated herself for this reaction she had. Maybe it was the reason he was swinging alone like this. Her brother would have offered to befriend him and damn it, that's what she would do as well! That's what he would have wanted for her.

"Yeah! Trains and cars can go superfast! I heard Unova have supertrains that are the fastest in the world!" Lucia smiled, matching his enthusiasm and answering his question to her. "I'm Lucretia, but Lucia is fine."

She hadn't noticed the eavesdropping or staring that Nikita was giving behind her. For all she knew, he was a random adult on his phone in the park like this. They were just two kids playing along, Lucia swinging next to Sammy while trying to show him some semblance of having a friend to play with.

"Is that your Vulpix?" Lucia asked, "Are you training to become a Master too?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 17:11:29 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Detective Winters turned his head toward the area Lucretia had departed. If he’d had muscles and lips to express it, the dour hound would have smiled. It was nice to see Master Samuel with someone to talk to. While he and Barbara provided companionship, it was no substitute for adolescent interaction. And, unfortunately, Nikita was too paranoid—and irritable—to allow strange children into his home. Hopefully, the old curmudgeon remembers he is a father first.

Then again, he often forgot that when his heart had not been a shriveled-up husk. So, the chances of him miraculously remembering now were slim. Still, there was a job to be done here. Not for the clients, of course, but for the girl who they wanted in their grasps. Leaping nimbly from shadow to shadow, the Houndstone picked his way toward Lucretia’s little hideaway. Occasionally, his snout would lift as he tried to decipher directions.

He saw that, the little pause as if the pretty girl had seen a cockroach. The little nose wrinkled as she caught sight of what lay beneath. In truth, however, he’d have seen it even if it wasn’t there. “O-oh, that’s fine! It’s comfy over here. Thank you.” There was now a hint of melancholy to his words. Tiny feet tangling together like the tines of a snake’s tongue.

Fortunately, the talk turned to his grandfather. Who, for all of his problems, was Samuel’s hero. He grew up listening to Barbara weave the stories and had cut his teeth trying to wade through Grandpa’s books. He’d pried about old newspaper clippings, hungry for any taste of the family that no longer existed. “Yeah!” The boy chirped up. Though, he didn’t know if that’s what he did anymore. Grandpa never talked about his work. “He used to be super famous!”

A noise emerged from behind the newspaper. “Tch.” While he didn’t go around helping royal families any longer he was still well-known. The next time the detective turned the page it was with a jerk.

When Lucretia didn’t run away, Sammy relaxed somewhat. If this was an anime, his eyes would have filled with stars. “Do they really!? I bet it’s super cool. Blizz hates cars and stuff, though. He says they’re too loud.” The answer drew a bobble-headed series of nods. “Okay, Lucia! That’s what I’ll call you!” It was a really pretty name. On a grandma, anyway.

The next inquiry made him sit up straighter. His eyes filled with pride. “Yeah! That’s Blizz! We’re going to kick the world’s butt someday!” The fox yawned and turned the other way. “Do you gotta—” Samuel could feel his grandfather’s eyes lift above the paper, a hungry Arcanine ready to pounce on his poor grammar. “--do you have Pokemon too?” A pleased grunt followed as Nikita returned to pretending to read his paper.

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 3:29:55 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia was so caught up in talking with another child (even if pretty younger than her) that the Houndstone investigating her hidey hole hadn't been on one of the things worrying her. The ghost-type wouldn't have too hard of a time finding it as her scent clung to it pretty heavily. Evidence she had been there for quite a while.

Sammy's grandpa did sound like quite the detective person to do detective work from...whatever that entailed. She wasn't too keen on what it could mean since she thought they sat at a desk and read newspapers all day but there was bound to be more hard work they did! Lucia Did jump at the sudden noise nearby. A startled Deerling that had been caught off guard and was hoping that no stalking predators around to take advantage of it. Having a super famous detective for a dad or an uncle did sound fun!

She smiled down at the Vulpix. The name and the type of Vulpix it was made her assume it was an Alolan species. Sam showed an interest in trains and although Lucia herself wasn't entirely too knowledgeable with how they worked, she could show her support for him though!

"Yeah! I haven't been there myself, but they're said to be the fastest trains ever! I'm sure Blizz would like walks way more though." Lucia said with a grin. "It's old fashioned. My mom said I was named after my grandmother back home in Paldea."

It confirmed that Lucia was indeed whom he had been told about.

The younger child also seemed to share her desire to prove himself in the world of Pokemon. It wasn't an uncommon thing to see in their age demographic. What kind of kid could pass up the chance to daydream about being the best of the best? The self-correction was weird but she didn't mind it much! Not when there was the chance at showing off her party!

"I sure do! Here's my first Pokemon I ever caught!"

One pokeball toss later and a Dunsparce popped out. He wriggled around in front of Lucia and cast his eyes up at Sammy and Blizz. He wasn't too fairly brave, even less so that at the sight of new people, he went back to jumping into his trainer's arms. His drill tail shook in short bursts while Hero's tiny wings fluttered while Lucia held him.

"His name is Hero. The best Dunsparce in the world, and most bravest too! I have a whole bunch more too! Have you ever been to Paldea before?"

Another check on Nikita's list no doubt.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 1:33:47 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]As he pushed his way into the girl’s den, the normally stoic dog’s expression softened. The entire area was drowning in the child’s scent. It was obvious she’d been here awhile. And, unfortunately, the stay did not seem to be a comfortable one. There were puddles throughout the little structure. He could only imagine how the place weathered a storm. “Stone.” After a few moments of digging, he found evidence of a Pokemon’s presence—the Dunsparce.

But, then, he saw an out-of-place footprint. His bony feet pushed through the mud until he was nose-to-nose with it. It looked like what you would see from a high heel. It did not take experience to know it was far too big to belong to Lucretia. The smell struck Winters as familiar, but he could not place it. Unfortunately, he did not find anything that could shed light on this odd little case. After taking a moment to circle it again, he returned to his master’s side.

With the target’s name confirmed, the older man took a more intense interest in Lucia. The newspaper dipped a few inches lower.

Hearing himself mentioned, Blizz let loose a little yawn. His tails curled closer to his hips. “That’s cause he’s a big scaredy cat! He doesn’t even like cars!” Sammy grinned at her before rewarding his bestest bud with a wink. Then, the talk of names earned a bob of the head. “That's cool. I’m glad I’m not named after my grandpa. That’d be confusing.” Since he was, you know, still alive and stuff.

The Houndstone pops back into existence beside Nkita. A quick glance communicates all he needs to know.

At the Dunsparce’s appearance, Sam let out a squeak of delight. “Wow! He’s so cool!” Seeing he was scared the excited boy jumped back with an apologetic look. The next question made him hum. “Once when I was a baby. But I don’t—” Suddenly, an almost bird-like hand wraps around his shoulders. Nikita gently pulls the boy back.

“Pardon my interruption.” He goes so far as to boy in the young lady’s general direction. He tries to smile in an easing manner, but it’s obvious he hasn’t done it in a while. From his breast pocket, he pulls out his phone. “Do you know these people?” On the screen are the two people who started this mess. They were his clients.

But the mystery of them was far more interesting than some street waif.

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
158 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 8:26:50 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia was enjoying her time with Sammy so far. Even with the age difference between them, it felt so nice to just be a kid again. To forget that she was technically a runaway and in Hoenn illegally and perhaps even being hunted down to return back home. It was enough to feel “normal”, whatever that felt like anyway. Hero was spooked by the kid's exclamation and calmed down quickly afterwards. For such a calm type of Pokémon, it came to him easily. He did enjoy the affection given, put on display but his tail swaying side to side.

”I bet Blizz is pretty cool, just in a different way.” Lucia said, happy as a Clampearl in the deep sea. ”You two must be super close.”

Her feet kicked one after the other while she sat on the swing, sometimes attempting to match Sammy's speed. It was just a cute little time for the two of them. Children dealt bad hands in life but making the most of their time together. Lucia couldn't judge the boy much, even with her limited world view. Sammy had been attempting to answer her question about going to Paldea before a strange man had approached the two of them.

He held Sammy back from her and there was some kind of intent written on his face. Lucia made one movement to sit up and prepare to take off in a dead sprint from the swings. She had run away several times ago and had gotten pretty good at it. So why did she stay? Her eyes looked over at Sammy and the other man behind him. He was lonely as she was, it was written on his face as clear as day. But why was she hesitating? Why couldn't her legs move? A fear gripped her heart, even as this man who had been nearby pulled out his phone to show her a picture.

”...!”

Two faces of people's she's never seen before. They're well dressed but not to the point of being "rich people" like. Her eyes forced themselves upon Nikita's and her answer was given. A quiet shake of her head. Her Dunsparce had let out a soft growl. He puffed himself up in an effort to look bigger than he actually was though it was more akin to a Teddiursa trying to look fearsome.

”N-No.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights