awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:09:57 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
staying distracted is the key here. if nikola keeps busy, if they throw themself into work and training and care for their pokemon, they won't dwell on such questions as 'who am i really?' and 'why am i here?'

and so, they're playing fetch with their arcanine in slateport park, throwing a very slimy ball back and forth. each time, the happy but rather large mutt comes back to drop it into nikola's waiting hand. they accept it with only a small grimace, and then throw it again... only to realize they've thrown the ball perilously close to a woman walking in the park. though the ball doesn't hit her, fluffy the arcanine comes sailing by and practically bowls her over.

nikola is quick to rush over. "bad dog!" they scold fluffy, who whines and lowers herself to the ground.

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 9:09:56 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
It was a beautiful day to be walking around in the park. Himiko was busy holding a warm cup of coffee as she strolled through the beaten path.

She was so ignorant of the incoming projective that was currently bounding straight for her. It was only a crook of her head that gave her a sight of the blurred shape of an Arcanine. Her body did a single flip and hit the ground with an audible thud. Her drink splashed on the ground beside her with a groan.

After regaining her balance, Himiko looked up to see a person with their pokemon looking down at them. Internally, she was furious. Wanting to shout and lash out at the two. But that civilian appearance took priority.

"I see you two are enjoying the weather as well~" she smiled at the Arcanine, reaching to shower the canine with affection. Sure, the hit did piss her off, but the pokemon was pretty cute. The woman managed to get back onto her feet and began to fix her long hair and comb it free of any bits and pieces.

"I might need another coffee though."

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
world.search (you)
5'7 height
5'7 height
would you kindly play with me again?
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 20:00:41 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
oh, jeez, that looked like it hurt... nikola winces. "are you sure you're alright?" they ask her anxiously. fluffy, meanwhile, is enjoying the pets, her tongue lolling out of her massive head as she pants happily. she's already forgotten it's partially her fault that the stranger took a tumble. as far as she's concerned, she's being praised right now.

nikola sighs. "i can at least buy you a new coffee." at least her coffee splashed to the side and not on her. that could've been way worse-- she could've been burned. "whatever you want, wherever you want." they offer her a smile, though they're noticeably fidgety. some tiny voice at the back of their head is wondering why they should bother, when it's unlikely the woman would do the same for them... right? they try to silence it, whenever it pops up, but it's always lying in wait for a chance to strike.

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 9:24:16 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"I'm fine. Just a little...uneven." Himiko shook her head again in an effort to clean her hair of any small tidbits of unclean things or remnants of leaves. Anything that could dash her beauty. Looking at the Arcanine, her inner rage could be quelled for the moment. Despite just knocking her on her ass, they were pretty cute.

And that fur was cozy enough to fall asleep in.

The offer to buy her a replacement coffee had been a bit unspoken, but Himiko had been expecting much. She wasn't one to order the most expensive drink on the menu, but hey, she could spend money on better things that a fancy coffee.

"That's sweet. I'll make sure to keep it cheap." Himiko gave a sweet laugh that a florist would have. Brimming with pollen and honey, as sweet as could be. "It's just a latte with some of the usual things on it. And while we're waiting, you can tell me more about your Arcanine. I haven't seen one since leaving Kanto."

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
world.search (you)
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 17:57:25 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
they walk along with her to a nearby coffee shop, fluffy following after them. "hmmm? oh, you're from kanto? what brings you here?" nikola asks, before realizing she asked them a question first. they shake their head. "er-- i mean, it's not really a super exciting story! she was tearing apart a public garden around here, so i caught her to mitigate the damage. turns out she wasn't doing it on purpose, but she just had the zoomies." it's difficult for a more indoorsy-type like nikola to keep up with the fiery canine, but they've been doing their best. she's just so gosh darn cute, after all.

and domesticated... "she seems pretty used to having a trainer, so i wonder if she was abandoned," they say. maybe by someone who wasn't prepared for her level of energy? that seems to be the case with a lot of dog type pokemon, a species nikola has found a particular fondness for during their time in hoenn. maybe because they were so similar...?

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 8:31:36 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"Work, mainly. I'm a florist by trade. It's been in my family for a couple of generations now."

It was jumping the gun a bit, but she was more focused on the Arcanine more than anything. They always had a tendency to be little bundles of fireworks, ready to explode into a full speed sprint at a moment's notice. At least the story of how they met was pretty standard. A real "fated meeting" between trainer and pokemon.

Predictable as a birthday card, but she kept up the appearance of a sweet woman, laughing softly to herself.

"I can't imagine anybody would abandon such a sweet pooch like that here. I've always wanted one of my own before I left home. Maybe one of these days I'll find the time to search for one."

Himiko smiled at Nikola and their pet, walking towards the coffee cart that was on the other side of the small park. Her gait was slow to match the other person's, sometimes idly clacking against her own pokemon belt. None of her team would make for a good play partner for the Arcanine. All of which were either battle focused or adverse to emotion.

"I'm Himiko, by the way." she said, nodding her head to the stranger. "It's nice to have met the both of you."

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
world.search (you)
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 20:20:05 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
oh, right! introductions. good idea. "nikola," they say, hand in their pocket to hold onto their arcanine's pokeball. just in case she decided to go charging off after something... "and this is fluffy!" the dog pokemon hears her name and lets out a hearty "WOOF!" that startles the passerbys. once they see it's just a friendly greeting, they continue on, not bothered by the pokemon's presence since such a thing is so normalized here.

conversation, conversation... small talk is ok, right? "are you from around here, himiko?" nikola asks politely. they're approaching the coffee shop now, which means they'll have to pull fluffy back into her ball. they don't really trust her to remain outside on her own without getting distracted and running off. maybe someday they'll be able to leave her without having to constantly worry that she's behaving...

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 0:27:46 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"Nice to meet you two, Nikola and Fluffy."

Himiko jumped alongside everyone else at Fluffy's sudden "borf!" to happily announce its elation at meeting her. She continued showing her love for the Arcanine, envying the poor sod who had just up and abandoned their pokemon for a good home such as Nikola to take. They asked about where she was from as her usual tried and true answer came out in full swing.

"I'm from Kanto, before the borders closed anyway. I was actually trying to go back there before news of the Rocket takeover had gotten to us. For now, anyway, I'm just a florist without a place to call home."

close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
world.search (you)
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
80 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking the dog [himiko]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 22:37:54 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
huh? something's going on in kanto? yeah, nikola is completely oblivious to things like that. somehow it feels like it's something they should have remembered, but whenever they try to capture the thought, it slips away. a rocket takeover, huh...? guess it's not so different from what they're trying here./ even that is something they hadn't taken much notice of until they'd infiltrated an underground rocket lab in order to free the pokemon being experimented on.

at least they have the sense to stay silent about their confusion. "sorry to hear that," they say. "at least things haven't gotten as bad here yet." that 'yet' hangs ominously in the air as they contain fluffy within her ball again so they can enter the shop. there's only a short line, so nikola peruses the menu in the meantime. "not for lack of effort, though."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights