Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 11:17:26 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Alright, so he thought his match with was going to be the last match he would take. However…

He found himself back on the stage once more; and his Absol just ended up giving him this ‘I thought we were finished?!’ look and he had to hold both his hands up in apology.

“Look, look, I know! S-sorry! It’s just that—” he exclaimed, trying to apologize before said Absol huffed his way and paced around his side of the field like a cat.

“Th-this will be the last match, I swear!”

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 23:37:45 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Perhaps there was one benefit to staying for one more battle; namely, in the form of a certain couple of pups.

Ettie perked up as she saw Jack and Cordy - recognizing them back from that Froslass incident. "Friends! Hello!" She chirped, waving happily to the duo. "How-is? Having fun? Ettie loves playfights!"

Which, really, was calling a pokemon battle - even a competitive one - a playfight that far off?

At her side though, was a Smeargle, Yip. Yip perked up at seeing the Absol, and would wave with a little bark - visibly curious. Were there any interesting moves that she could learn from the dark-type...?
Gimmick: Tera (+15 to even rolls)
HP: 3/3

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 5:07:57 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“Ettie? That you?!” he exclaimed the moment he realized who he was going up against.

Waving in her direction, he half-expected to see one of her Lycanroc out for this match at least, however instead he was greeted with a canine Pokémon that had a brush for a tail!

(Clearly, she loved dogs a little too much!)

“How are your Lycanroc doing, are they—” he continued before the bell rang, signifying that their match had already begun!

Luckily, his Absol was paying attention to the insanity going on all around them; as she finished stretching before getting ready with a Swords Dance.

It was, as the humans said, ‘time to get the party started’.

jGfPsW1D
+15 for even rolls!

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 8:06:04 GMT
Ettie Avatar
"Mhmm! Am Ettie!" The little wildchild confirmed with a bright smile - happy to see Jack, especially as he waves back to her.

Even with the bell interrupting Jack though, Ettie would pull out her Tera Orb to terastallize Yip, continuing to speak all the while. "Pack is good! Pack happy and healthy!"

With the Tera Orb coming out though, Yip would take on the signature crystals - the pale hue of the Normal Tera making her already light-colored fur damn-near white!

The Smeargle seemed happy to act without any commands or direction from Ettie though - considering Cordy for a second. Rather than copy her though, Yip would hold her tail like a rifle and fire off a Tera Blast in the Absol's direction - the attack taking the form of a pressurized spray of paint!
HP: 3/3
Vor10pKm

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 8:10:09 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Okay, as long as the Lycanroc were well-fed and happy, that was enough for him—look, Lycanroc were native to Alola, no sweating that, and he would love to have a Rockruff of his own someday!

For now, though—

The Absol very nearly let out a guffaw the moment the Smeargle aimed their tail like a paintball gun and out came the—ooh, they had the funny hat thing, too? Nice!

“Well, then!” he exclaimed; as now he had full liberty to come screaming in with a Future Sight attack—well, if his Absol would stop laughing at the way the Smeargle was hoisting their tail like a rocket launcher!

AYihCv9a
+15 for even rolls!

+

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 8:52:36 GMT
Ettie Avatar
The spray goes wide, and at first, Yip is unsure what sort of move Cordy just used. It certainly had been a move, she saw some sorta glowy thing to it..!

... But, the answer would soon come in the surge of psychic energy from seemingly nowhere as Cordy's Future Sight struck, leaving the Smeargle stumbling with a yelp!

Briefly, she has to shake the daze off - but is already prepared to try and bounce back into it, attempting to once more fire off a Tera Blast..!

(Who knows, maybe she'd be able to hit the Absol while she's laughing so hard!)
HP: 2/3
yJb8g9_3

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 11:19:41 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
It wasn’t just the Absol who was snickering—it was also Jack! Man, who knew that the brush-tailed Pokémon would be a ride and a half like that!

“Honestly…” he wheezed once he’d managed to get himself back into some form of seriousness, before the Absol looked up once more and saw that her opponent was still opening fire—

“Time to fly,” he crowed, throwing the orb and watching as the hat with the funny balloons appeared once more; before his Absol finally hiccupped herself into some form of seriousness before charging forward with a surprise Night Slash attack!

650maoDR
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [2 / 3]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:16:05 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Though Cordy was fast, it seemed that Yip was getting a grasp on how to aim at the swift Absol - and was prepared to douse her with paint!

But, not long after, the dark-type terastallizes into flying - which catches Yip's attention. Further catching her attention, was Cordy coming forth with a Night Slash..!!

The Smeargle yelped in surprise, but already had a plan - Copycating Cordy, to clash against the attack with a Night Slash of her own - taking the form of a blade formed from pitch-black paint!
gJoPlA78

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 13:02:20 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“Whoa, what the—Cordy, watch out!” he called from his side of the stage as the smeargle then mimicked the attack, sending back a Night Slash of its own right at her!

Wow, how dare!

“You’re not going to take any of that like a coward, right?” he continued; as this time the Absol then sought to look into the Future via her foreSight, in case something would happen to the Smeargle should this continue.

After all, this match was still in the middle of being fought, and he was definitely not going to back down from this!

IM3eHyVM
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 14:34:42 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Yip snickered as this most recent clash won out in her favor, tail swishing eagerly. It seemed that this Absol and her trainer were getting all thrown off - at least, in the Smeargle's eyes - and it was a bit amusing, to be honest.

But, then came another use of Future Sight; and the Smeargle couldn't help but tilt her head a little as she observed this. What even was this move that Cordy was using?

Curious, Yip would go to Copycat this one as well, hoping to better understand the Future Sight in the process, and...

SHE COULD SEE ETERNITY

From an outside perspective, Yip was staring blankly off into space.

From an inside perspective, she was having an out-of-this-world experience that no dog was meant to see.

Ettie blinked a bit, vaguely concerned. "Yip..?"
9|UN3FQY

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
415 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 18:46:04 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Maybe Cordy using Future Sight was meant to—whoa.

Okay, so the Smeargle had copied the move, however they were now looking absolutely… loopy?

Out of it?

Sent to another dimension?

Either way, this would leave his Absol free for a surprise Sucker Punch attack to come smacking towards the Smeargle’s direction; even if she was loathe to attack the now looped-out Smeargle, an opening was an opening and it was time to take advantage of it!

n7yG67zo
+15 for even rolls!

+
+ gimmick for this thread: terastalization [1 / 3]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
566 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 19:28:52 GMT
Ettie Avatar
(OOC Note: There's been some round confusion that I tried to clear up with Ven - the fight should have ended with my previous post (my 56 + 15, versus her 61) - but I haven't been able to get her attention/a response from her on it. SHIV okay'd me making a final post then turning this in.)

Yip could see eternity - and in turn, was able to move with seemingly godlike reflexes. Cordy would come in close - and suddenly, the Smeargle was moving! It was as though the movements weren't wholly conscious, though - instead an autopilot brought on by sheer awareness of everything that was to be.

And this close up, she would let loose a point-blank Tera Blast to finish the fight.

Ettie continued to blink owlishly - it was clear that she'd been caught quite off guard by her Smeargle's shenanigans... But as Yip seemed to snap out of the trance, the wildchild would perk back up. "Did good!" She cheered, coming up to pat her buddy on the head.

And smiling to Jack and Cordy, she'd nod and add "Did good, too!" for the both of them.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
jack vs ettie [vct]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 1:30:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(loss) (win)