25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duncan
Duncan Calcifet
Duncan's Plotter
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:26:52 GMT
Duncan Calcifet Avatar

DUNCAN CALCIFET

Not gonna cap, Duncan Calficet exists first and foremost, as a character idea asked of me from Arti, and the perfect storm came what with Jing Yuan. Add the two together, a little questioning to Oslo, and hence, here he is.

Duncan's characterization is best described by the hit Broadway show, Hamilton. If you know who Aaron Burr is, congratulations. You have a lot of the recipe I gave to Duncan. A charming man, who prefers to wait and see how things turn out before flipping the top card of the deck, to see where things land. Many might consider him to be a slothful man who prefers leisure to business, and while they may seem true at first...

There is more to everything than what first meets the eye. The Duke of Hammerlocke can, and has been known to, be cruel when benefits do not work for him or his people. He shows care for the Galarian people, and though the Hoenn factional war does not matter much to him, if it benefits Galar, he will listen. Negotiation will work 60/40, and he will never be the lower number without fighting tooth or nail.

He does, however, believe himself to be the smartest in the room. I usually play dumb characters, or at least, not the most conventionally book smart. is the clearest exception, but I also believe he doesn't have his shit together fully. For once, I want to play the smartest person in the room, who always is in control. I'm not going to put an IQ number to him though. Actions speak louder than words, and what he does, I hope, will demonstrate my desire to play smarter than just saying 'he's smart'.

may be too dumb to live but cursed to do so. might be my sweet little determinator. may be my dysphoric sociopath killer. and might be my flirty and zesty gang leader. But is his own beast.

CHARACTER INSPIRATIONS

• Aaron Burr - Hamilton
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride and Prejudice
  • Tyrion Lannister - A Song of Ice and Fire
  • Satoru Gojo - Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Duke Wynknight - Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion

WHAT DRIVES ME

So, what does Duncan want then? Well, this is separated into two categories: for himself and for Galar

Himself: I don't mean to troll, but his is part of the game. I'm giving this information easily. He won't say much himself, but a hint will suffice; he does want something. By looking between the lines, one can see quite a lot. Think of it like a puzzle.

Galar: This one he wears on his sleeve. He wants better for Galar. But to which side has he aligned himself with? He is in Hoenn to see about by the Queen, forced into a marriage he does not want with by that same Queen. So in what way does he want betterment for Galar? Well, the people clearly. But is that all there is?

HERE IS WHAT HE WANTS

Two faces: The Duke of Hammerlocke and the Man simply known as Duncan. What do you have to offer him?

For Duncan

• Genuine relationships. Duncan is a genuine person. The moment you know his status, it taints your view of him. If you know him as Duke, it colors his thoughts on you too.
  • Friendships. Enjoying life's quiet moments are a big part of Duncan's life. In a way, it's almost cathartic.
  • Smarts and wits make him pause, and play with banter. He loves banter.
  • Past flings / Exs.

For the Duke of Hammerlocke

• Suitors who never worked out or were rejected. He's done it a lot. He's cold in that way. He will act coldly to them.
  • Deals for Galar's betterment. Ties to the negotiation and political world are fine by him. He was taught how to be the Duke!
  • - Be warned, by wanting the above, anything that hinders Galar's image, or might, will lead to a cut off from Duncan.
  • SECRET

RELATIONSHIPS

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights