Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 1:09:12 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

Class comes and goes as expected. The professor was late by 15 minutes, only a quarter of the class actually showed, and the lecture portion could've easily been record and posted online, but "what is learning without effort," as their professor loved to say.

Reflexes slide the beaten laptop back into his back, and habit throws the sack over his shoulder. It was 2:00 already, which meant two things: his classes were done for the day and work was right around the corner.

Which meant was right around the corner - that bastard.

If only he could delay the dread a bit longer...

"Hey Anna," he catches her driving right by him, already set for the door, so he eases into a short jog behind her. "Wait up."

Matching pace with her is easy - girl is a child compared him.

"Where you off to?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,100 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 5:17:05 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise was supposed to graduate last semester. extenuating circumstances return her to slateport university, to a sense of normalcy and routine that feels unsettling, now. she used to be a social butterfly in these classes, quick to complain and find comradery in her classmates over how terrible the professor is — but now she simply gathers her belongings at the end of the class and spirits herself out. [break][break]"hm?" [break][break] she looks back and sees quickly catching up. her pace slows a little, yielding to the old art of walking-and-talking.[break][break] "oh, i was just headed to the library." [break][break]she reaches up to adjust the backpack strap over her shoulder, scrounging up her social skills. [break][break]"what about you?"
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 5:49:04 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
Library? He never pegged her as the studious type. Maybe going on tiktok 24/7 or going out with her friends, but definitely not the 'going-straight-to-the-library-after-class' type.

Go figure.

"I got work in a few, so i'm about to head out."

For a second, his face darkened, only to be instantly swallowed by another smile. It was easier to play the easygoing guy without a care in the world. It allowed him to forget about the realities awaiting for him and focus more on the now.

"So anyways," His smile widened, "I heard from that you're a bit of a singer."

More like he heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from that she had a nice voice. But those details were irrelevant. What mattered most was that she could sing, and Humble needed a new lead singer. A match made in heaven.

"My band's lead vocalist transferred out of the region. Recent events caught up to her, I guess."

Who could blame her? Even Steven was itching for a reason to escape. Though, thanks to Rocket, his wouldn't be as simple as a quick transfer across the ocean.

"I was hoping maybe you could tryout to replace her? We have a show coming up next weekend, so you would be a real life saver."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,100 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 6:15:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"oh."[break][break]it comes out as a breathy acknowledgement of his afterschool plans. there's a sense of finality to it, like a conversation purposefully led down to a dead-end. with her gaze settled on the hall ahead of them, she doesn't notice his change of expression. [break][break]the mention of lures her attention back towards him, guarded curiosity clouding the look in her eyes. within a few words, the curiosity turns to incredulousness. [break][break]she's a good singer?[break][break]and knows about it? [break][break]and and know each other?[break][break]her mind overflows with questions. [break][break]"i didn't know you were in a band," she starts with a blink, looking away from him again. [break][break]"aren't there better people to ask about this? i've never, like, performed before."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 9:37:11 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

"Maybe, but time is of the essence."

Between rehearsals and preparations, they could all use all the available. Especially with this absence turning perminate.

"you'll do great - probably," he tried adjusting his smile, fixing it into the one that typically earns a 'i love your smile' or similar shit to that. It was a pain playing pretend, but this was important. This was Humble's future on the line.

"Please? Just this one time"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,100 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 4:13:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise doesn't know how or why she's being roped into 's last-minute issue. she feels like he could find someone more equipped to handle his problem in theatre club or something. she's an amateur, better suited for belting songs in the driver's seat of a car than in front of a crowd of people. [break][break]but he's smiling and saying please. she has always been weak to helping others. [break][break]"okaaay," she yields, dragging out the word in faux exasperation. "fine. i'll do it."[break][break]she looks up at him through the corner of her eye. [break][break]"but you owe me big time for this."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 1:21:26 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
Thank arceus.

Steven wasn't one to beg, but when it came to his band - aka his one and only passion outside of surviving - nothing was off the table. Smiling wide, his arm took on instincts of its own, curling around her neck with speeds befitting a rambunctious pup bumbling out into the open world for the first time.

"You're the best," The side hug was short live - just long enough to punctuate his appreciation. "Really, anna, the best."

Retracting his warmth, Steven shuffled through the papers from his open bag and pull at one stained with yellow printer ink. On it, bold letters wrote out an address, all of it written by sharpie.

"Here's where we practice. We start at 6, but no worries if you're a few minutes late. Carter always is anyways."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,100 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
SONGBIRD
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 10:24:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
her breath catches in her throat as his arm slings around her neck and pulls her into his side. he relinquishes her before the impulse to push him away can reach her fingertips. it comes with heaping praise, so she just lets him off with a look that discourages any future PDA. [break][break]"i know i am," she teases. without thinking, she holds her hands out and accepts the ink-stained paper, her eyes drifting to the address scrawled across it. as she traces the bold, sharpie-drawn numbers with her eyes, she absorbs 's follow-up explanation. [break][break]
[break]carter might be chronically late, but annalise does not have the grace of being part of the band. she arrives on time — a herculean task that could only be accomplished by gaslighting herself into thinking practice is at 5:30 — at the address written on the paper still clutched in her hands. [break][break]her altaria watches curiously from a distance as her trainer approaches the door. annalise raises her fist, briefly wonders what she's gotten herself into, then works up the courage to knock.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights