awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 3:47:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the roaring moon is weak. its sides heave and it hisses in pain and anger and indignity as freya's shucking knife slips under the scalebed and into the infected flesh. lyra is by her side, life dew dribbling from her palms as freya cuts quickly and cleanly. 

the dragon remains fixated on its captor, a kinship kindled in the tinder of their vulnerabilities. it sees her and it knows what it means to be shackled, to be hurt. its muscles roll, spasming with nervous energy, and freya yanks her bloodied hands back. 

lyra replaces her and soothing waters trickle against the hide. freya wipes her blade and tucks it away. lyra stays behind to help close the wound as freya steps out, walking a short distance away so it doesn't spook from the scent of blood.

"those words you spoke - they're draconic. somehow, even though they're not from here, they know it. they recognize it." she wipes her brow, smearing a thins stain of browning crimson. "does this mean we're even?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 22:20:52 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]it's less difficult than she imagined. [break][break]the sharp smell of blood, of infection, hits her nose. coupled with her roaring moon's pained breaths, she feels nausea settle in her stomach like a heavy stone. she swallows hard, thumb smoothing over the dragon's scales, and holds its tired gaze even after she hears 's footfalls retreating away. [break][break]annalise blinks, surprised, at the mention of draconic. the language of the draconids, mentioned fleetingly in her history classes and always wrapped in mystery. stranger still, roaring moons understand the words across the rift of space and time. [break][break]she nods. it has been a long time since littleroot, since freya swept up all her dragons and disappeared without a word. if freya has changed since then, then anna will stop picking at these old betrayals like scabs. [break][break]"we're even," she says, not seeing the dragonsblood the councilwoman smears across her brow. " ... how did you learn draconic?"[break][break]the question has been swirling in her mind. [break][break]"i didn't think anyone still taught it."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 22:41:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
a burden she hadn't realized she'd still been carrying is lifted from her shoulders. of all the regrets in her life, of which she has many, that has still remained one of her most painful. trust had gone up like smoke paper and the ash will never be wiped clean from her slate. 

the rest of the sanctuary is still abuzz with activity. nesting season is almost upon them and with the threat of an unruly roaring moon passed, tamers and breeders go back to rearranging items in their vicinity. 

freya takes them to an outdoor sink so she can properly wash her hands. she frowns down into the sudsy water. 

"my family taught me. they weren't draconids themselves, but - " what? what were they to the zinnia? to the family she never knew? had they known her birth mother? her father?

she realizes she stopped talking and finishes with, "they kept their traditions alive. and when they adopted me, they taught me too."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 21:11:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
like a breath held, the draciary exhales back into normalcy. annalise stands up stiffly and glances in the direction of the main sanctum, listening to the shuffle of volunteers as they return to work. her gaze slides toward , to her blood-slicked forehead, and wordlessly follows her over to the sink. [break][break]the councilwoman hadn't asked her to come, she realizes, but the potential of hearing the answer to her question compels her footsteps. her story falls away, but annalise attributes it to the distraction of washing the blood off her hands. [break][break]"that's amazing. someone in your family must've been at least close to the draconids to have learned all that."[break][break]in a way, it explains everything. freya's and the morningstar's affinity for the dragons is not just the usual brand of appreciation. [break][break]"do you know anyone else who can speak it?"[break][break]and before freya abandons the sink, she points to her own forehead. like warning a girl who has lipstick on her teeth, it's a gesture of long and lost sisterhood — just with more viscera. [break][break] "wait, you, um, got some blood on you, i think."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 3:59:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"my cousin can," she says and quirks a smile, tenderness smoothing out the stress wrinkles ever-present on her face. it still feels so strange, saying my and family. she had a few cousins through her step-mother's side, but they moved shortly after sootopolis was taken over. 

after sophia and theodore died. 

anna echoes her questions aloud and she blinks, goes back to the sink and wets a towel so she can dab at her face. ruddy pink comes away and she thumbs the edges of the fraying cloth, thinking. 

"they were. the morningstars, i mean. at least, i think so. they were close to a family of draconids. my real family? i'm still figuring all that out. anyway, i can teach you? i've been teaching too."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 20:36:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
looks genuinely happy.[break][break] anna can only imagine how relieved she must feel to not be the only one bearing the burden of reviving a disappearing language. draconic — and draconid tradition — is in good hands, she thinks. she can't even imagine keeping a houseplant alive with her cousin, , never mind something as important as this, but freya is a natural fit for these kinds of things. [break][break]" — wait, you're — ?"[break][break] the contours of her face soften with shock. the councilwoman continues on like she didn't just reveal something crazy to her. she's not carrying draconid tradition to honor the memory of the bond the morningstars shared with the draconids, she (probably) is a draconid. [break][break]the dumbfounded look on her face leaches away at the mention of , flattening into something muted. she doesn't make a face, but her gaze hardens as he comes to mind. [break][break]she blinks and the look is gone. [break][break] "but, wait, wait — you're a draconid? like actually?"[break][break]the diversion gives her time to process everything that comes after.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 4:18:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is currently water dribbling down her face and she's squinting, so she can only just barely make out the surprise on anna's face before it turns into something more unreadable at the mention of . she considers him more than an acquaintance at this point, but she doesn't know much about his social circle. 

"yeah, i am," she says and it feels so weird saying it aloud. with such confidence. as though she knows herself. as though she has something to be proud of. 

"turns out the portals to the ultra realms aren't so bad when it comes to finding out your own lineage." silence lapses and she doesn't know what else to say. it had been such a revelation for her and she's never one to share with insignificant things, nevermind a matter as personal and important as this. 

"so is that a yes? you'd have to work with the dragons a few times a week while i'm here."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 6:05:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"oh wow."[break][break]annalise is too taken aback to say anything of substance. her mind stitches together what dispenses into it. she's a draconid and she found out from — entering a rift? questions bubble in the back of her throat, but the councilwoman is quicker with her own. [break][break]"oh, um, yeah, it is. my roaring moon should come back here for training anyways."[break][break]it feels like an echo of their old contract, now on freya's terms. she hasn't taken a language class since her first year of college, but she thinks she should. the only draconid learner shouldn't be an ex-rocket.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 20:25:51 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: