she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 3:50:20 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the ever grande draciary is quite a sight. [break][break]annalise looks around the chamber that formerly housed rayquaza with wonder in her eyes, watching dragons coexist within the confines of their sanctuary. it reminds her, a little sorely, of her attempts to scatter 's dragons across the region like ash. [break][break]she can feel the press of her roaring moon's pokeball against her fingers as it attempts to rock itself loose, each attempt stronger than the last. anxiety begins to needle at her as she lowers her eyes from the dragons flying in the open air above, sweeping her gaze in search of a dragonkeeper.
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 17:07:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the draciary's tamer is above her, shifting her weight in the saddle of her partner salamence. his shadow stretches across the grassy knolls and rocky crags, over the shapes of the other residents. this time is usually reserved for aerial practice, but she does not have her sygna suit donned and lyune's wings are outstretched lazily, drifting on thermal currents. 

she has made too many promises to too many people. she has to look after herself and she has wounds that are still healing.

two impressive displays of flamethrower come from the entrance, signaling to freya that she has a visitor. lyune angles them down and when his bulk hits the earth, she slips off carefully, heels hitting the ground with a grunt. 

the last time they'd talked, freya had all but admitted to treason. she wonders what this woman thinks of matias now, after all this time.

"annalise," she says carefully. "to what do i owe the pleasure?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:07:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the whistle of wind overhead makes her raise her chin just as lyune comes down, following the pair's descent with her eyes. her expression is muted as she watches dismount. it's been a year since they last spoke, but the gulf of time feels so much wider after being in rocket custody. [break][break]annalise drinks in the sight of her. from what she's heard, freya has reclaimed her seat at the council, her actions forgiven, or swept aside. [break][break] "councilwoman," she greets with the same measured caution, the shorn edges of her hair brushing against her jawline as she dips her head. [break][break]"i have a dragon problem," she admits, holding up her roaring moon's pokeball. it rattles within the cage of her fingers, reacting to the draconic energy in the draciary. "and you seemed like the best person to ask."[break][break]"i caught this paradox salamence during the war in ultra sea and it was injured pretty badly during the fight itself." [break][break]she draws a breath.[break][break] "and i was away from my pokemon for a long time, so i just have this, like, feral, half-healed dragon that wants to kill me every time i try to work with it."[break][break]the sunshine and optimism of the past doesn't seem to reach her here in the draciary. [break][break]"do you think this could be salvageable?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:40:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the months have not been kind to ex-head ranger annalise henderson. through the grapevine, she's heard a bit about her recovery, the way it's changed her, and the woman in front of her is not the woman she once knew. her gaze slides from baby blues, over her chopped bob, and down to the pokeball rotating in her hand. 

only some of freya's own roaring moons are allowed out in the draciary - those that accompanied her to galar; the others, even after all this time, are too feral to be left unattended to. and they simply don't have enough volunteers to handle them.

"yes," she says. "we can subdue it long enough to heal it." lyune watches from behind her, claws flexing in anticipation of a fight. "as for the aftermath? it won't be easy, but with my help, it can be done."

she arcs a brow. 

"if you trust me."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:11:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise nods slowly, feeling relief ripple through her. part of her had expected to come to the same hopeless conclusion she had: that it's too late, that the roaring moon is too far gone. though she supposes, idly glancing above them, that a lot of these dragons wouldn't be here if the councilwoman wrote them off so easily. [break][break]and though freya had burned her long ago, glowing embers still flicker in the smoking pile of mistrust. she had pulled away to spare her dragons from retribution, established a draciary to keep them free, involved herself with the sick and injured of pokemon home — if annalise could place her shattered faith in anything, it's this. [break][break]"whatever it takes." it's as much of a promise to her roaring moon as it is an answer to the question of trust. "when can we start?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 4:05:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it's not exactly a yes and it's certainly not an i trust you, but it's a step forward. and she'll take a step forward from this battered woman - not broken, not shattered. only weathered. she once spilled ink over her hair in an attempt to escape from the prison of her own meat. 

her set jaw and determination, her rise from the ashes, freya understands.

"now."

she strides past annalise, expecting her to follow. lyune ensures it. his gait is a rumbling sway; almost insignificant tremors shake the earth with each of his steps. she takes them to the mouth of an empty cave, deep enough to house the moon. 

deep enough to back it into a corner and overwhelm it. 

"lyune and i will stay in the air and make sure it doesn't get past you, but you need to fell it on your own." she mounts up and lyune's velvety wings slowly unfurl. "else it won't respect you.

"don't worry about hurting it too bad. i've found they're quite resilient."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:53:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"okay."[break][break]annalise cradles the pokeball a little closer as walks past her, wishing she could somehow communicate something through the warmth of her fingers and into the cool, painted metal. maybe this is for your own good or please don't eat anyone when i let you out of this ball.[break][break]the ground vibrates beneath her feet as lyune follows after his partner, prompting annalise to fall in line between them. the councilwoman takes her to a cavern, explains (briefly) the intricacies of dragon taming, and leaves her with the difficult task of taking her own pokemon down. [break][break]she draws a stressed breath and releases two pokemon. her roaring moon explodes from its ball, shrieking and flapping impotently. it gets halfway off the ground, once, then collapses back onto stony floor once more. for a moment, it rages at nothing, lashing its tail against the cave wall and spitting fire as it reorients itself after a long time of confinement. [break][break]it turns back, sees lyune and annalise's dragapult, smells the trace scent of lingering in the draciary — and whips itself into a larger frenzy. [break][break]the roaring moon lunges and snaps at one of the dragapult's copies, turning it into a wisp of shadow between its teeth. annalise steps back and watches, offering commands to the ghost-type every so often. a hail of dragon darts become a crawling infestation that gradually steals the primitive pokemon's energy away. [break][break]it fights back hard until both pokemon are teetering on collapse, but it's the roaring moon that falls first. [break][break]"is this enough?" [break][break]but she approaches it regardless, pausing once at the lip curled in her direction. her dragapult hovers beside her, its ghostly tail drooped wearily through the floor.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:37:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
as soon as the roaring moon is released, freya tunes out the rest of the world. even ana, for the moment, is forgotten, as her critical gaze sweeps over the rippling mass of pure muscle in front of her. it's hurt badly - jagged gashes, shorn feathers. no wonder it can't get off the ground. 

it will fight harder because of it. 

she watches wordlessly, tracking its movements. where does it rest its weight? what side does it favor? what attacks does it rely on?

when the question comes from annalise, she shakes her head. 

"it's enough when you show it it's enough." the dragon is still looking at ana like a meal. she gets close to it now, it'll snap her arm off without a second thought. its body may be battered and bruised, but its pride is intact. 

she says, "a dragon does not bow easily." she turns to lyune and hisses. he lowers his head, claws digging into the earth. 

"make it."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 7:56:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
it's not in annalise's nature to be brutal. or, at least, it wasn't before. she stops, heeding 's words as they fill the enormity of the cave, and stares down at the saliva-webbed teeth of her growling dragon. her eyes trace the scales on its face until they meet the border of its eye, gleaming with exhausted fury. [break][break] she understands its hurt, its stubborn, feverish anger. [break][break]her dragapult dematerializes as she recalls it. her altaria appears in its place, blinking curiously at the tense-looking faces in the room. the mega stone inset in her ring glimmers and her pokemon stretches her wings as she's enveloped in white light. [break][break]"moonblast."[break][break]her altaria pelts it with moonblast after moonblast until the roaring moon is malleable. she approaches, and this time it lacks the strength (or perhaps disrespect) to curl its lip at her. [break][break]her hand stretches out, brushing its heaving side with the ghost of her fingertips. the closest she's ever gotten to it, she realizes.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 20:08:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
this is not kicking a creature that is already down. this is not cruelty. this is what it means to live among dragons - to know them, to become them. annalise has been beaten down by tragedy; even the blind can see the pain behind her detached stare. 

so too can the roaring moon. 

annalise does not relent. every mark upon the dragon's hide is a symbol of her own resilience. only after she's done, when blood is trickling from the dragon's lips, does it see her, stripped of that hardened exterior, where it can behold the fire in her soul. 

it's still a beast, and so it hisses lowly at her approach, but lyune does not advance. annalise has earned some measure of respect. 

"good," she says. she drops another ball at her side and approaches with her chin held high, steps slow but confident. lyra shuffles behind her, gooey antennae twitching at the scent of blood in the air. 

"now we can get to work. lyra's life dew will ease your pain, kiabil."

she spares anna a half-smile. "they're really something, aren't they?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 10:09:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the cavern grows quiet after the last moonblast, only kept from silence by the ragged, huffing breaths from the roaring moon. her altaria glows as her mega evolution fades, returning her to an unassuming form, but she still watches keenly as her trainer approaches the other dragon, measuring its body language. [break][break] 's voice cuts through the quiet. annalise doesn't quite trust the beast before her enough to turn away from it, but she nods in acknowledgement from where she stands. [break][break]as freya and her goodra approach, she takes a step aside to make room for lyra to work. her eyes finally drift toward the councilwoman, hearing kiabil and assuming its some misheard word.[break][break]"yeah, they are." her face remains tight with stress as she returns her attention to the roaring moon. "i thought regular salamence were tough to work with, but these pokemon seem like something else entirely." [break][break]she takes a breath. [break][break]"i feel bad that it took this long to get help for it."[break][break]just another what if? in a long list of regrets.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 21:06:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"life is hard and not without pain," she says quietly. "i think they understand that more than most." there's no way she could possibly know that. they're not even of this realm, conjured by the dream mist and the energy insidiously strangling hoenn. 

but as she works, guiding lyra's wet, green hands over the wounds, she feels the fire underneath its hide. anger, pain, sorrow. 

"you can't change the past, only rectify your makes with what you do with the future." a pill she's managed to swallow, but still struggles to keep down. her teeth bare. lyra draws back and the water that drips down her arms loses its healing glow. 

"this back part here is infected. we'll need to shave off the scales to get to the skin underneath it. repeat this to it: enel ve."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 6:52:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise face steels at 's words. though the councilwoman speaks quietly, the sentiment lands like a blow. she doesn't think anyone in this cave has been spared of that brutal lesson at this point. her eyes remain on lyra's paws, on the healing glow that paints soft light across damaged scales. [break][break]"yeah," she takes a breath and suppresses a weary sigh as the advice imparted settles over her. "you're right."[break][break]the news of infection brings guilt back to her eyes, washing away the quiet acceptance that the past cannot be changed. [break][break]"enel ve?" [break][break]the phrase stumbles off her tongue with the uncertainty of someone who isn't sure of what she's saying. she raises her gaze to freya with a questioning look on her face. [break][break]"what's that?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the language of girls
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 21:22:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
lyra chuffs with laughter and freya's lips quirk, but she does not make more noise or sudden movements. the roaring moon is unlikely to become complacent with so many strangers near, despite the haranguing it's been through by annalise's hand. 

"it means," she starts softly, "trust me." 

her tongue shifts as the roaring moon does; an impatient slither shivers down its spine and freya murmurs hastily, "ifpesp, ifpesp," tongue a scraping growl like shale over limestone. the dragon's claws flex and then it growls indignantly, but settles. 

"look at it and say it and don't look away, annalise. i'm going to start cutting and you can't look away."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
the language of girls
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 22:54:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
trust me.[break][break]in 's words, it sounds more like a spell. enel ve. trust me. no matter which form the words take, annalise feels the blanket of her doubt across her shoulders. after all this time, could trust take root in a fallow mind? for either of them?[break][break]"okay." she bites the inside of her cheek. it's not her first time watching something difficult, but the anticipation of her roaring moon's pain flutters in her stomach. "i won't."[break][break] she crouches down, placing a hand on the dragon's scaly cheek. a vermillion eye rolls in its socket to stare at her, measuring her worth in a look. [break][break]"enel ve," spoken with more conviction this time, though still foreign on her tongue. as she promised a moment before, she keeps her gaze fixed. "enel ve."

[attr="class","bottom"]