TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 7:46:06 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calliemoontop"]
[attr="class","calliemoon"]

her first mission on her new assignment is protecting league personnel. it's not wholly surprising, given what her job description is. but when she reads the assignment details, she can't help but gawk a little bit.

[break][break] "kyogre?" she asks .

[break][break] he gives a careless, empty shrug as response.

[break][break] after all, the lake leviathan still cursed evergrande's shores for some time now. nearby civilians lounging on the beast had been told to evacuate, and the former office stood on the edge of the cliffs, hand at a holster on the side.

[break][break] she turns to look at .

[break][break] "you ready for this?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
the lawless sea

[newclass=".calliemoon"]--accent:#708CD4; } .calliemoon { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .calliemoon b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; } .calliemoon i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .calliemoon .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .calliemoon img { filter:grayscale(0%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliemoontop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 11:39:02 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise doesn't believe she needs protection. [break][break]she's tired of being looked after, of being handled delicately like a broken bird. the only thing that distracts her from the ever-escalating irritation she gets from following that thread of thinking is the peal of thunder overhead, then the steady downpour of kyogre's drizzle. [break][break]she blinks, turning her gaze toward  . raindrops bead at the ends of her short hair. [break][break]"of course," she says. "i'm a ranger. this is ranger stuff."[break][break]she toes closer to the edge of the cliff and peers down at the churning waves below. this is not a regular ranger assignment, but she had dealt with kyogre once before with — surely that makes her experienced in god-wrangling. [break][break]she steps back from the cliff. [break][break]"you work with , don't you?" she asks, gauging how much callie knows.
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
pull me baby, i'm your trigger
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 8:38:32 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

oh yeah. true.

[break][break] she was a ranger, she did ranger stuff, and that was how she'd met .

[break][break] "i guess i'll let you take charge then," callie said instead in reply, lips curving into a sly smile. honestly, she didn't really care who it was that she was with.

[break][break] she just wanted to bash some heads together.

[break][break] gazing into the stormy seas, together they witness the gradual clouding of the once-blue sky. shades of grey billow in the distance as rain starts to descend in large drops from the heavens.

[break][break] she wipes a droplet from her cheek, swiping at it with a palm, turning as anna speaks to her.

[break][break] "huh? oh yeah. i do. why do you ask?"

[break][break] curiosity weighs in her amber eyes as she waits for the upcoming storm.

the lawless sea

[newclass=".calliemoon"]--accent:#708CD4; } .calliemoon { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .calliemoon b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; } .calliemoon i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .calliemoon .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .calliemoon .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .calliemoon img { filter:grayscale(0%); margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calliemoontop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#708CD4;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 4:51:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise just nods and assumes unsmiling leadership. is here for her, so she hadn't expected anything more from her anyway. she turns away from the ocean as her partner answers her question, her own curiosity mirrored within solid amber.[break][break]"just curious."[break][break]she doesn't know.[break][break]"the last time i came out here to monitor kyogre, he came with me."[break][break]the sky darkens as the aforementioned god swims nearer to ever grande city's coast until the afternoon is strangled into dusk by the dark storm clouds overhead. the rain suddenly worsens like a midsummer downpour, lashing down upon her raincoat and tugging at nearby trees with rainswept gusts. [break][break]at least they won't have to scour the whole ocean for it. a small consolation for how quickly her sneakers become damp in this weather.[break][break]a minute passes, then the churning waters split and kyogre surfaces. seemingly enraged by the silhouettes perched on the cliff, it fires an origin pulse that scatters a cloud of dust and rock into the air as the blow strikes the precipice somewhere below them.[break][break]she looks at , her heart thrumming against her ribs. "we need to get down from here — do you have a pokemon that can fly?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 9:40:04 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

"oh."

[break][break] then it clicked.

[break][break] "asshole," she muttered under her breath. no wonder had wanted her to accompany the ex-head-ranger on this mission. because he'd done it before, and was shoving yet another one of his responsibilities onto her plate. well, she'd have a word with him later.

[break][break] before she can say more, the sky darkens into a tumultuous blue. roars echo in evergrande's cliffs, accompanied by the sound of howling winds. callie's throat closed with fear. it was jarring, to stare in the eyes of a god.

[break][break] they weren't going to die out here, were they?

[break][break] just like that, ORIGIN PULSE breaks water and rock, nearly throwing them into the craggy sea beneath.

[break][break] shit. maybe they were going to die.

[break][break] "do you have a pokemon that can fly?"

[break][break] "technically," she said, jerking her head back to the blond. "yes. though, it's a fire-type." her voice warbled slightly. maybe she should've asked to borrow something.

[break][break] "you got anything better?"

[break][break] the nonchalant way that regarded the scenario was unnerving. and kind of hot. but she wasn't going to focus on that now.

[break][break] because that god was about to swallow them whole.

[break][break] "watch out!" callie yelled abruptly, just as the beast launched yet another ORIGIN PULSE at them, a tad closer to where they were standing. rocks and crag split, making the cliff beneath them crumble.

[break][break] over the howling winds, the officer shouted:

[break][break] "whatever we do - we have to do it quick! or else we're gonna die out here."

the lawless sea

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:37:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"y—"[break][break] shouts over her, warning her in the half-second before the origin pulse struck the cliffside. she stumbles a few steps backwards as a clod of dirt explodes from the crumbling edge, betraying her fear in the there-and-gone expression that flashes across her face.[break][break]the officer's voice, rising over the storm, recenters her focus. she pivots on her heel and reaches for her arm, reaching for the pokeballs on her belt with the other. [break][break]"come on." she tips her head toward her altaria as she appears, then illuminates as she mega-evolves. the pair work in tandem: annalise pulling callie toward cotton candy, cotton candy spreading her wings and getting ready to take off. [break][break]once atop the bird's back, annalise commands her forward. the bird steps off the collapsing cliffside, dropping them toward the churning water below. origin pulses light up the squall overhead as they pelt the spot where they'd been standing. after a second or two of a stomach-dropping plummet, the mega-evolved altaria opens her wings and catches the air. [break][break]the additional weight of another passenger drags her down closer to the sea, but she doesn't touch the water. [break][break]"it wasn't this mad last time."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

callista, callie
she/her
november 13
goldenrod, johto
labels who?
officer
league sgt.
lost & found
single
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
304 posts
part of
TAG WITH @callie
CALLISTA MOON
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 8:23:49 GMT
CALLISTA MOON Avatar
[nospaces]

there's no time to question it. the ocean roars beneath them as callie leaps onto the back of 's altaria, watching with wide eyes as they take off into the sky, dodging just one more ORIGIN PULSE as it rocks against the cliffside.

[break][break] a gleam of red light releases her fletchinder. the pokemon's smaller body navigates cleanly between the blasts and callie aims her pistol at the beast, shooting off a gunshot.

[break][break] it ricochets, just as gunner cuts past the other side with a STEEL WING.

[break][break] callie can taste ocean and sea as she clutches onto annalise's waist, heart in her throat.

[break][break] "what," she gasps. "what do you think made it this mad?"

[break]

the lawless sea

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
BAPTISE ME
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 23:05:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise flinches as the gunshot rings out, her hearing becoming tinny in one ear. [break][break]did she just — ?[break][break]"put your gun away!" annalise orders, her voice raising louder over tinnitus and chaos. "it's not going to do anything against a legendary pokemon!"[break][break]kyogre turns away from the plateau ever grande city is perched on, following them with a volley of origin pulse attacks. annalise slips a pokeball from her belt and calls out her togekiss. a follow me draws the manifestations of the leviathan's ire and an extreme speed keeps the fairy-type safely out of range. [break][break] 's question sits in annalise's mind, unanswered. as altaria takes them away from the island, she catches a glimpse of something in the haze where the downpour meets the ocean. the shadow of an unmarked vessel, trailing after kyogre.[break][break]"rocket," she breathes out, finally finding the answer to the other woman's question. louder, she says, "we need to deal with them first."[break][break]beneath them, her mega altaria changes paths, flying in the direction of the boat.

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights