awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:39:19 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
And so the 10th battle of the day comes around.

Thunderclouds once again block the sky, but despite the threatening rumble in the distance, rain does not yet fall. Yvaine stretches as she walks towards the field, content to see her Zoroark sauntering beside her, eyes flitting across the field to see whom they'd be fighting next.

With a smile she introduces herself to young trainer on the other side. "Yvaine, nice to meet you! Let's make this a fun match!"

- - - - - -

HP 3/3

Gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:47:10 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Was the weather always this gloomy...? If it was, Sio certainly hadn't noticed it any. And Quill didn't seem to mind either- as was evident by the Smeargle hopping and skipping to whoever they were going to battle next.

Seeing the Zoroark saunter up, Quill yips to him and waves, trying to sniff the air around the both of them. Interesting...maybe a friend? He'd have to see!

"Sio, a pleasure to meet you too," the reporter responds, giving the other trainer a grin in return. "I'm looking forward to it." And clearly, so is Quill, as he keeps on yapping to the Zoroark.

Gimmick: Default (+10 on 0 rolls, +30 on 100)

HP: 3/3

@aurai
close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:56:47 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"As am I." she grins, watching as her Zoroark tilts its head at the Smeargle's antics.

For a moment it forgets its surroundings and dives low, fluttering its mane in reply. And then the cheering of the crowd snaps it out of its playful mood just as quickly. Playtime was later, after the battle.

But the grin it sports remains, it hulks forth, using Agility to close the gap between them. Its claws glow as it readies a Night Slash, prepared to lash out at its potential new friend once it gets close enough.

Rx7_7AEg

- - - - - -

HP 3/3

Gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:31:52 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Quill can't help but yip happily, tail wagging to and fro as the Zoroark bends down to his level. He's almost taken aback and a bit saddened by the cheering distracting them both; he wanted to play at least a little bit longer!

That being said, he's still more than ready to dish out what it's trying to serve quicker than it- quite literally, too! With a couple flicks of pink paint, Quill copies his new friend's Night Slash with Me First, ready to make a good first impression!

HP: 3/3

Vjc51YTM

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 23:45:40 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
The confusion of seeing its own move copied and countered throws it off only a little, but it's enough for the Smeargle's Me First to strike. Zoroark takes it head-on; literally, headbutting the Night Slash so it cannot continue further, and to leave an opening for his own to hit.

Though it hits there's no malice in its eyes. Zoroark merely grins, sweeping further around its new friend as if it were dancing, Agility enhancing its movements so it can become a blur of dark and crimson.

From it it attempts to strike again, the glowing claws of a Night Slash once again prepped to lash out should an opening present itself.

erldNWzX

- - - - - -

HP 3/3

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
Yvaine vs Sio [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:40:35 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
The hit back causes Quill to stumble a little, clearly not expecting his attack to fail. But even so, he's still determined to bite back- and hard!

While he wouldn't want to simply copy the Zoroark twice in a row, he's still more than ready to add a bit of extra darkness to the field. Hastily painting some deep purple splotches all about, Quill leaves a slight opening while tryinh to cast Bitter Malice!

HP: 2/3

o042pFd3

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights