snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:12:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]one of her first subjects is familiar, a welcome face despite the slight chill.

she greets him with a smile, shoving skeletons behind teeth for her closet is not close enough to house them here. if anything is amiss with the alchemist, she does not show it.

"thank you for agreeing to this - i really appreciate it."

her smile widens a little further. it curls softly into her cheeks.

"do you have anything in particular you'd like to focus on? or will a general variety of tests be okay?"

she knows - from personal experience, perhaps - that avatarship can be a complicated affair. the ways in which it is studied must be tailored to each individual with this delicacy in mind.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 18:48:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

What with all the free time he had on his hands, he was always looking for something to do to keep himself occupied.

(It just so happened that today was one of his off days from the courier work he’d returned to, so there was that.)

He didn’t have to wait long, following her inside the room that they were going to be using for today. At least today he wasn’t going to be getting a grilling from the higher-ups…

“Actually. I noticed something with… well, this.”

He then held out his hand and concentrated—and a few moments later a small sphere of ice appeared; but there was a catch:

Instead of it being the normal-colored, clear blue ice that was associated with the Iceborne Mirage, it was… murkier. Darker. Like there was something bad in the water or something.

“It’s been like this for. For a while now.”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 15:45:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her eyes dart to the sphere he makes, to the way it clouds… and despite herself, her eyes narrow slightly in scrutiny.

”a while? do you know exactly how long to be precise?”

stepping closer, she gently prods at the ice sphere. it’s still solid, from what she can tell, but the color is off. beneath her fingertips, she can faintly feel the spatial composition of it — the way it takes up space against his palm.

”has articuno been injured or make moves to retract the bond that you know of?”

if not injury or corruption, she suspects the bond might be tangled up in this somehow… whatever it is, they’ll surely find out today.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 16:53:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He wanted to drop the hypothetical question of ‘Are you sure you want to know just how long’ however he felt that it wasn’t going to be appropriate given the circumstance, so he instead decided to tell her the truth.

“You remember the time when this region almost got dunked on by a meteor, and we were all stuck inside and couldn’t leave?” he began, hoping that she would understand just how… long this had been going on.

“Specifically, this started the first time we crash-landed back on the ground after what happened up in space. Were you up in space, or at one of the other battle fields? I got deployed to go into space, and almost got set on by a bunch of Rockets,” he continued, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“It’s hard fighting up in ‘outer space’ because gravity can and will fuck you over. Jumping ahead to when we landed back on the ground, well… that big-ass ice dragon came out and bellowed a challenge right in everyone’s faces. I thought we were immune. Apparently… we weren’t.”

He sighed afterward.

“After that, it’s been… utter, fucking hell. Well, at least until that damned thing appeared again just recently.”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:41:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i had been at mt pyre, but i read the reports from the meteor team."

each one delved into and etched into memory until she understood the intricacies of each event... but she does not seem to understand this quite yet, not until he provides more information.

and she is quiet as he recounts the tale, absorbing the recalling of memory like a sponge.

only when he's done does she place questions gently before him, as if she's guiding him through a dream in hopes of finding additional clues that had been missed prior.

"do you believe articuno might have been shaken up by kyurem?"

a beat passes.

"whether that's due to a lack of immunity to kyurem's ice or to the challenge it issued, it's possible articuno could be suffering from doubt and unease from that encounter."

it would explain the murky, dark hue, at least...

"have you noticed if your power has been getting weaker since the meteor?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
daffodil
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 19:38:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Could be either, or.”

He let out another small sigh, and with some difficulty, made the sphere of condensed darkened ice disappear.

“…it takes a little longer to make anything I can summon up vanish, disappear, whatever you name it. And… well, part of the blessing I share with them, the wings that can let me fly around? They don’t look the same anymore. Would you want to see?”

He knew that she’d been around when they made their trip into the other Hoenn that was mostly water, and it was possible she’d seen him flying around…

“As for that? Well, we both thought we could survive the microburst of freezing temperature that was thrown at us, but hell we got the rudest awakening of our lives that day. And then, after they asked me to help them return to Shoal Cave. I was basically banished from the depths. No definite return date, no return time. And the back of my mind has been silent ever since.”

He wondered just how much the rest of the League knew about him having one of the most talkative Legendary patrons.

If she needed details on the several failed ‘personal excursions’ that he had among people he could open up the topic with (hello there for one, cousin dearest for another) he would share—all she needed to do was ask.

“…I’ve been relying on my own, human, know-how ever since then. It’s like. What little power I can reach for always turns out looking like the dark, murky ice I showed you earlier.”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
daffodil
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 16:42:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, i'd like to see the wings if you're comfortable showing them."

more data, aside from the wings, is jotted down as he speaks. she draws small arrows in side columns to connect thoughts and theories together, adding little stars by items of particular importance.

and once she's done, the pen stills. her eyes rise to refocus.

"with what you've disclosed, i can check on your infinity energy levels to see if they're fading. it'll provide some insight into what's going on with the powers, but i wouldn't be able to give a concrete reason why without studying articuno as well."

it could be mental or physical, she reasons, but without the legendary bird, it's difficult to say where the problem stems from entirely. she can only make educated guesses, small shots in the dark until something lodges into concrete evidence.

"have you tried going back to shoal cave since the initial shut out?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights