awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
i'll probably bring a ladder to hell
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 0:16:23 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
everything about saskia aches. she's used to the physical demands of ranger work, but not like this. ever since the silent icelands went crazy with freaking kyurem and people are in town recovering, the sleepy place has been severely shortstaffed. 

heck, she's even stayed up late down by the clinic putting in extra volunteer hours just because they need the hands. her papa's proud of her, she knows, but at the same time he can't help but chide her for falling asleep in her bowl of cereal. that dochka, you're not helping anyone like that

so she resolves to take a day off. she heard there's a whacky underground circus somewhere in slateport so that's where she tottered off to (not realizing that it's an incredibly obvious ruse for pokemon smuggling), but either way that's how she ends up in front of the burning apartment building. 

a battle gone haywire. an ultra beast that missed an attack? too many stories, too much blame getting cast, and not enough people doing something about it. 

"oleg!" she cries to the baby alien perched on her shoulder - "help them with the water buckets. we - " 

"let me back in! she's still in there! let me go!"

their arms are full holding and restraining the inconsolable woman. the flames are too hot. sasky hears a cry and she doesn't think. she just acts. oleg beeps a high-pitched warning as she raises her arms and runs through the doorway. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 5:16:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Anxious energy courses through King's veins, legs taking him.. anywhere; everywhere. For all of his freedom, he'd felt more and more like a caged animal.
[break][break]
The relationship nonsense with Freya, fatherhood, the prospective target on his back, and his lack of a real fight as of late all took its toll. So distracted by his thought, he'd nearly missed the run-down apartment building going up in flames. Well, that and the sky always looked this black and smoky.
[break][break]
Standing there, indecision plaguing him for but a moment, he turns to leave. Let the authorities handle this shit. This wasn't his problem.
[break][break]
But, the more that thought was tossed about in his head, the more he felt like it was just.. wrong. That pissed him off more than anything. Was this an influence of Freya? Of Delta? His eyes land on the woman nearby helping, and he lets out a mixture of a sigh, and a growl.
[break][break]
Then, without any fanfare, releases a Pokemon in-front of him. The Marshomp was a hulking figure of muscle, and scar tissue. Its entire face was scarred and fleshy, and if you looked close enough, you could probably see hints of ivory where the bone was visible beneath thin membranes.
[break][break]
"Oi, back the fuck up kid. Yer gonna get yerself killed."
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

@saska[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 5:26:38 GMT
she doesn't hear the man with the shock of blue hair. she doesn't see the marshtomp with its torn-up face. she just feels heat

flames crawl up the walls, but she realizes quickly that her biggest threat isn't the fire itself. smoke dives greedily down her throat and runs horrid, scratching fingers over her eyes. 

she hunkers low to the ground and she turns blindly, looking for the door. she's no help to anyone if she's dead. but the frame gives way. wood cracks and plaster falls. from outside, oleg's beeping grows more insistent. 

he tugs on the pants of the blue-haired man, pointing and screeching. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:39:35 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]King wasn't the type to panic -- simply far too much shit had gone wrong in his life at this point that it was expected.
[break][break]
"Ye, ye, fuck off will ye?" He tells the beeping Pokémon. He looks at the disgured water-type, nudging his head.
[break][break]

"Pull 'er out. Keep the water from touchin' 'er outright. Form a barrier if ye can."
[break][break]

A "heat shield" was a typical setting on a firefighting hose -- a fact he'd known only because it was basic training requirements in Kanto. This setting would create a massive wall of water the firefighters would they use to advance towards, or retreat from the fire.
[break][break]

Two finned arms, hulking and lacking a gentle touch, wraps around the woman's torso and pulls. Water mists above her as the dual-type keeps the flame, and it's heat, away.
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

@name[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 17:29:04 GMT
she reaches, grasping through tongues of flame. she hadn't expected it to be so loud. a starving roar all around her, consuming the world. and a whimper in front of her. small hands finding her own, hot to the touch, but everything is hot. 

until it's not. 

water douses her and the child she swaddles close to her. she gives in to the pulling, heels stumbling, and both of them are carefully tugged out of the building. 

shapes are still blurry. fresh air tries to force its way through her throat, past the acrid, hacking coughs as her body tries to repel the pollution. someone takes the kid out of her hand and she hears crying. she hears thank-you, thank-you, thank-you over and over and over again, and then further away.

this woman, this mother, she falls to her knees in front of sasky's savior, as paramedics rush to put an oxygen mask on her daughter, and she says, 'you saved him. thank you. thank you.'

oleg's beeps are even more rampant, but these ones are excited. one moment he's there, still pinching the man's pant leg, and the next he's on his shoulder, alien legs swinging like a child's. 

"i'm okay," sasky croaks, warding off fussing hands. there are others who need attention more. she looks up, eyes still smarting, red rimmed. the woman and child are gone. all that's left is the stranger. 

"oleg," she chides and coughs again. "sorry. you're probably, like, his best friend right now." more hacking coughs. "gross. i can't believe that! oh my god, i could have died." she blinks rapidly; tears are still streaming down her cheeks. from the smoke? from the shock?

"you saved our lives."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 4:29:38 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-king-main"]
[attr="class","snub-king"]It took a lot to make King Wayland uncomfortable — or so he'd thought. Looking down on this tear-streaked woman, and beset upon by beeps that play rapidly into his ear, the league-turncoat found himself in a vortex of awkwardness.

"Ye.." His words trail off, unsure of how to handle the situation. The last time he'd been thanked like this was...? Well, had he ever? His foul-mouth combined with a face that was always spooling for a fight usually detracted people enough that they would find themselves crowding either , or .

Here, now, alone? He found himself at a loss for words.

For a moment.

"Ye, well, yer dumb fer just jumpin' in the fire that way." His face heats, and he's more than positive it's from the dying flames. "And what's this guy doin'? Get 'em off of me. Smells like metal left out 'n the rain."

He continues his tirade, lookin' at the girls dishelelved state.

"'N look at ye — bout to topple over from just standin'. Don't ye have any healin' Pokemon 'er somethin'?"

[attr="class","snub-king-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-king-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-king-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main b]color:#afeeee; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-king-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 4:39:31 GMT
it's actually kind of hard to see through her puffing eyes. and the smoke is still pretty thick. paramedics are rushing around. the fire department is finally here proper. she overhears them confirm no one else is in the building and a huuuuuge sigh of relief leaves her, but it's cut off with another hacking cough. 

ew, is she going to be hacking up this stuff all night now?

she spits it on the ground and grimaces. oleg's concerned enough that he leaves his post, teleporting again to meet sasky on the ground. he pats her knee affectionately and then spreads out his arms, wheeling around in circles around their blushing savior. 

"no, um...oh, i probably should. oleg knows recover, but i don't think he can use it on anyone but himself. maybe gastro....ohmygosh, i had gastrodon on me! i could have used rain dance."

oh, papa's gonna be so mad at her 'cause the first thing he's gonna ask is did you assess the situation? did you remember what team you brought with you?

now it's her turn to blush from embarrassment. 

"my throat hurts so bad. is there an ice cream shop around here?" her eyes light up. "can i treat you to ice cream?! y'know, for saving me 'n all."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 23:06:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]
[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
It was common sense you couldn't use recover on someone else. Was this girl a novice trainer?

"Ice cream?" He can't keep the incredulity from his voice. She wanted ice cream, after nearly dying?

"Ye sure ye can afford me? I've got a sweet tooth." His eyes flit to original scene, then back down to her. "Shouldn't get checked out first er somethin'? If ye die in my 'custody' I'd be the first suspect."

Not to mention he couldn't afford the authorities checking into him.

[newclass=.postruinsbg]width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #80daeb;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt] font:12.5px Roboto Condensed; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:55%; margin-bottom:-120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 23:42:39 GMT
no!! she is the best and brightest of her class! she's just bad at putting it to practice, okay? but she's working on it and that's all that matters. 

she checks herself over. the adrenaline hasn't entirely faded away, but her clothes aren't singed. her hair is a little burnt and does not smell very good. she doesn't smell very good, what with all the smoke, and honestly she just kind of wants to peel them off and sit in the shower and maybe have a good cry. 

but she has to thank him first! for saving her life! 

"they got their hands full already," she reasons and then does a little spin in front of him. "and 'sides, look, i'm fiiiine. nothing a little ice cream can't cure. and c'mon, i budget for my ice cream splurges. this'll just count as my next three." she looks at his swampert. "okay, five, if your water pupper wants some too.

"come on! it's right down the street!"
 and she skips backward, eyes glittering. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 13:17:39 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]
[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
Good sensibilities had a tendency to wear down even the most guarded of hearts.

"Fine, fine." He says through huffed breathes, one hand waving the request off while the other sits firmly in one pocket.

"Just don't keel over an start dying ye? Healing isn't exactly my speciality, got it?"

[newclass=.postruinsbg]width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #80daeb;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt] font:12.5px Roboto Condensed; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:55%; margin-bottom:-120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 21:10:19 GMT
she nearly squeals with excitement. it's like something out of an action movie. the grizzled main character helps out some wayward spunky soul and they form the cutest, dumbest connection ever over some ice cream. oh, it almost doesn't feel real.

that could be the adrenaline and near-death experience talking, but shhhh. 

a couple heads turn their way when they walk in. of course they do. she smells like she just walked out of the pits of hell. but nonetheless, her cheery smile and confidence is infectious. she orders a double scoop of cotton candy and bubblegum ice cream for herself and gestures animatedly at king. 

"sundae, milkshake, quintuple scoop, whatever! this guy gets whatever he wants for basically being a superhero."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights