played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 21:17:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textarea"]
A storm was brewing over Lilycove. Hard and loud, it poured throughout the costal city, deluging water down emptied streets, carrying pieces of greenery and dirt and grim.
[Break][break]
Besides the occasional strike of lightening, darkness shrouded the area around 's apartment, turning it into an isolated island among the muk, and leaving little to no evidence of the ghost who appeared from the streetside.
[Break][break]
There was no making out the slosh of boots marching through mud, nor the spirit that accompanied it. It wouldn't be until a loud knock resounded off from her door that his precense was brazenly announced.
[Break][break]
"Illie," his voice sounded of crushed gravel, harsh and coarse. "Illie open up."
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","symbol"]
     [attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

[newclass=".omen"]--accent: #85799c;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; position: relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .top"]height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/yV0CoFn.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 25%; background-color:var(--accent); border-bottom: 1px solid #333; transition:0.5s all; filter:saturate(0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar"]height: 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #1e1d1f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main"]border: 1px solid #222; margin: 30px 35px; border-radius: 10px; font: 12px/13px 'Roboto'; text-transform: lowercase; color: #eee; text-align: justify; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-bottom:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pokepoke img"]border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar .title"]font: italic 12px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight: 500; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: right; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 20px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: underline solid #444; transition: 0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .symbol"]font-size: 20px; z-index: 99; margin-top: 5px; float:left; right:190px; padding-top:10px; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .textarea"]position: relative; z-index: 99; padding: 30px 30px 20px; border:1px solid rgba; margin:15px; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox"]position:relative; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); padding: 20px 20px 20px 30px; margin:-10px 15px 20px 60px; border-radius:10px; box-shadow:5px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox h2"]font:55px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; position:absolute; left:-83px; padding-bottom:5px; top:45px; transform:rotate(-90deg); color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext"]font: 10px 'Playfair Display'; letter-spacing: 1px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a"]color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 15px 'Playfair Display'; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:-0.5px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a:hover"]color:#bbb; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .header"]font:80px/60px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; float:right; opacity:; color:#eee; opacity:0.15; padding-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn"]position:absolute; bottom:60px; left:140px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); height:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext .fas"]color:#eee; font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .break"] height:0.5px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); width:400px; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Playfair+Display|Abril+Fatface]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 1:08:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]despite the raging storm outside, her mind feels quiet - peaceful, composed...

at least, she likes to think it does. widening cracks are filled with pink energy in a makeshift attempt at kintsugi, but her mind is not pottery and it cannot be mended with transmuted gold.

lightning snaps overhead and for a moment, she feels it cutting through spatial matter. the sensation is gone just as quickly as it comes.

the persistent knock - familiar, too, she notes - does not seem to fade, though. a voice rings out after, startling as if plucked straight from past dreams.

his presence, then, is like a sharp knife in her awareness, cutting through spatial matter until he's all she can see in her mind's eye just beyond the door.

"felix?"

she rises from her couch and shifts to open the door, its loud creak reverberating in her bones.

"i... didn't know you were back."

the wounds of his departure are still fresh wounds, bordering on infected. they're painful to the touch and with him towering over her now, drenched from rain and half a ghost, they rip back open with a vengeance.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 1:39:28 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
They always danced along this fragile line, and he knew that. Between a member of rocket and one of league's highly esteemed head scientists, there was no guarantee their relationship would last an additional day, much last the months spanning from Galar to now.
[break]
[break]
But after returning from the depths of mortal hell, that couldn't be furthest thing from his mind.
[break]
[break]
She was safe. hadn't made good on her word. She was safe.
[break]
[break]
There was no precursor heralding the rush of movement that took place the moment her face came into view. One arm raised to press the door outward, the other grabbing onto the small of her back, the knight threw his princess into a hug.
[break]
[break]
It was desperate, it was greedy, but in a moment characterized by sheer relief, there was no other way to react.
[break]
[break]
"I came as fast I could."
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

[newclass=".omen .main b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; position: relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .top"]height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/LWGuxnf.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 25%; background-color:var(--accent); border-bottom: 1px solid #333; transition:0.5s all; filter:saturate(0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar"]height: 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #1e1d1f;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .main"]border: 1px solid #222; margin: 30px 35px; border-radius: 10px; font: 12px/13px 'Roboto'; text-transform: lowercase; color: #eee; text-align: justify; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-bottom:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pokepoke img"]border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .colorbar .title"]font: italic 12px 'Playfair Display'; font-weight: 500; letter-spacing: 2px; text-align: right; padding-top: 15px; padding-right: 20px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: underline solid #444; transition: 0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .symbol"]font-size: 20px; z-index: 99; margin-top: 5px; float:left; right:190px; padding-top:10px; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .textarea"]position: relative; z-index: 99; padding: 30px 30px 20px; border:1px solid rgba; margin:15px; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox"]position:relative; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.35); padding: 20px 20px 20px 30px; margin:-10px 15px 20px 60px; border-radius:10px; box-shadow:5px 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .oocbox h2"]font:55px/40px 'Abril Fatface'; position:absolute; left:-83px; padding-bottom:5px; top:45px; transform:rotate(-90deg); color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext"]font: 10px 'Playfair Display'; letter-spacing: 1px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .ooctext a"]color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 15px 'Playfair Display'; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:-0.5px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .header"]font:80px/60px 'Abril Fatface'; letter-spacing:-2px; float:right; opacity:; color:#eee; opacity:0.15; padding-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .pkmn"]position:absolute; bottom:60px; left:140px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".omen .break"] height:0.5px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); width:400px; margin-top:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Playfair+Display|Abril+Fatface]

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 2:08:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his arm settles against her lower back and before she can react, her body is pulled into his. she fits back against his chest as if he'd never left and she tries not to stiffen at the sudden contact.

it would do her well, she insists, to remind herself that he has come back - that he had left before this, that he will leave again if given the chance.

she can mold, bend, and break space to her will, but she cannot change this fate.

"you did?"

against the fabric of his shirt, she blinks through confusion as you do sleep. and after a moment, she gently pries her head back to get a better look at him... to re-etch his face into her memory as if he doesn't already live there for eternity as a ghost. the fragile line teeters precariously beneath them, but somehow it has yet to fully break.

"why? did something happen?"

she doesn't quite understand. had he heard? had he kept tabs on her all this time?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 5:23:36 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
She smelt of vanilla.
[break]
[break]
For many months, through the hastily sewn together days, exhaustion levied itself too burdensome to push past. Even when he tried - and many times, he did - there weren't many thoughts to scrounge up through the hours of intensive labor. Mental fortitude was a scarce currency for a soldier. It'd take days, if not weeks, to pull together enough for even one fragile piece of hope.
[break]
[break]
Most were spent on .
[break]
[break]
'how much has she changed,' he'd wonder during the scattered slices of silence the night would gift.
[break]
[break]
Now he knew - in this one singular way, she hadn't. She still smelt of vanilla.
[break]
[break]
"Its a long story," he breathed into her hair, fingers digging into the loose pieces of her clothes. He wasn't ready to let go. Not yet. "Gods, illie, im so sorry."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

[newclass=".omen .top"]height: 200px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/LWGuxnf.jpg); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 25%; background-color:var(--accent); border-bottom: 1px solid #333; transition:0.5s all; filter:saturate(0.5);[/newclass]

[/quote]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 0:53:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]on a physical level, she has not changed since he last laid eyes on her. she's still the same as she's always been, with red eyes and pale hair... but ichor now drips through the veins and she sees everything in spatial terms. on a molecular structure, she is forever changed - different, better, transmuted into divine gold.

"tell me."

she keeps her tone pleasant, gentle as she prods for more information. no hint of discomfort or impatience.

and then he mumbles out an apology. it shatters against her skin like glass, cutting deeper than she'd prefer to admit.

"sorry?"

lightning strikes overhead beyond the comfort of her house. she feels the storm's turmoil vibrate in her bones.

"for what, leaving?"

it doesn't change a thing, she chastises. it does not mend her heart or erode sleepless nights of wondering and waiting and giving up... but she listens all the same.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 2:39:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
For leaving without notice.
[break]
[break]
For being powerless against her.
[break]
[break]
"For everything," he murmured into illeana's hair, fingers still entangled, heart still rapt around her every word, her every breath.
[break]
[break]
There was so much to tell. But, for now, he would have to start from the ugly beginning.
[break]
[break]
"I came across unauthorized information."
[break]
[break]
Tapu fini. . He was still uncertain the extent of the league's Intel, and unless he valued another trip across the ocean, discretion was a necessity, even now.
[break]
[break]
"They threatened 's life."
[break]
[break]
With one last squeeze, he finally began to pull away from her embrace. Immediately, his eyes searched for hers, desperate, like man crawling through the desert, she was his one and only oasis.
[break]
[break]
"And they threatened...you..."
[break]
[break]
His fervent passion unfurled, captured and swallowed by whispers of uncertainty. The longer he stared down at her, the more these edges of devotion began to fray, doubt creeping in like morning fog. Something was off.

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 3:31:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his apology feels hollow now - months of silence hardening her heart against him... but even so, she cannot deny the sensation of butterfrees in her stomach she has always associated with him.

even here, even now, with kanto the final nail in their coffin laid out between them, she could still be malleable metal in his hands if he wanted. he could turn her back into gold, gilded and rare and his.

"information?"

she blinks. his fingers are still tangled in her hair. they're familiar tethers, dispelling the way her mind wants to drift to expanses of space. he keeps her rooted against him, grounded and held together with some semblance of togetherness.

"what kind of information?"

he continues and as he murmurs threats against , against her...

their eyes meet and she analyzes him as he does her. she searches for signs of the future, of a world where he doesn't leave and things return to normal and the fragile line they walk doesn't shatter beneath their feet.

but stars and spatial matter clog her vision. they're difficult to ignore, to shove down and out of focus. they persist and so too does his uncertainty.

"who threatened us - rocket?"

her nails dig into the fabric of his shirt at the thought and she clings to barely there composure.

"they can't do anything to us now."

she'd make sure of it - wouldn't she? what's power without the ability to protect the one you love? the ones he loves, too?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 4:12:48 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The cosmos are largely uncharted, foreign territories for mortals, much less those allergic to its grace. Evasion of its vast nature is near impossible. In that way, Illeana was always of cosmic nature. A galaxy of beauty far beyond his reach. But now, under the dim lighting of her apartment's front door, there was something different hidden in the constellations of her eyes.
[break]
[break]
He felt it - her essence dissolving from his fingers into a nebula of uncertain disasters, dangerous in all ways nature always is.
[break]
[break]
"They can," he assured both himself and her, shaking his head, dispelling the notion entirely. Every additional second warranted another ladle of denial, smothering sprigs of thought before they could mature beyond what was allowed. "I just barely managed to return."
[break]
[break]
The mercenary gulped down his next breath like water, savoring the moment to readjust.
[break]
[break]
"There's no guarantee how long I'll be able to stay. I'm trying to figure out what i can for August, while i can, but I, I needed to see you."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 4:44:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the dim light of her living room, with his arms still circled around her, she feels the swirling edges of her own inner universe begin to lose control and pull apart. it's subtle, like little bits of cosmic matter flying off into the abyss. if too many go, she'll lose her structure, her composition... and finally, herself.

and he speaks of disbelief against team rocket, widening the gaps in her already decaying universe.

does he know she's gilded ichor down to the bones now? does he not believe in her? does he know that sacrilege?

she tries to reason with him - really, she does... but her world has exploded in the blink of an eye and all she sees now is the vast, cold expanse of space and worlds beyond.

"they can't."

it's stubborn, as if a child stomping their foot when they don't get their way. she digs heels in for it's all she knows - power has been warming her when he has not in the months they've spent apart. how could she believe anything different?

and they say half gods accept gifts, compliments, and hymns for their service... but the old, archaic gods are paid in blood and so is she.

"they can't do anything to you anymore. i won't let them."

in the way a dragon protects their treasure, she bares teeth at the thought of losing him again. not to them, not to anyone...

but the fissures have already begun and doubt spreads like ivy over weathered brick. she can no longer stop the inevitable for it has already been set in motion. its inertia, despite her desperate, heartbroken attempts, cannot be stalled out.

her grip on him tightens and thunder cracks overhead. every inch of her feels pulled apart at the seams as he speaks of leaving again.

and with little to lose - for she has already lost him - she reacts as all frightened animals do when their home is about to be ripped out from under their feet.

"please stay. please, i - don't leave me again."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 5:10:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Realization hit like the first call of winter.
[break]
[break]
A cold, distant march, spreading over with fingers made of icicles. Warmth evaporated from his body, draining away without reserve, leaving behind only two droplets. Two singular pieces of hope staring down at her, aghast.
[break]
[break]
"Illie...don't tell me...."
[break]
[break]
The world was thrown into a whirlpool, colors washed away like paint. All at once, it felt like the earth was caving in from below, readied to claim what it was owed. Silence became his only stronghold, his only piece of solemn calm. Inside was another story entirely. Out from the ripples of fragile resolve, a voice came, crying out with fervent intensity, hollow and raw: please. Anyone but her. Anyone but my illie.
[break]
[break]
"Illie," the name became the universe's burden, fright upon his very tongue, "what did you do?"

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 5:19:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]at first, she doesn't provide him an answer...

she's focused solely on the concept of him leaving, of changing it from happening, of transmuting it into something that won't cleave her chest back open.

"felix, please."

gold still cuts just as sharply as iron. she should remember that.

"please don't go."

she's begging. she realizes it's unbecoming of her, more mortal than divine, but she feels him slipping out from between her fingers and she has never learned the art of letting go.

"i can protect us."

can't she?

" would be safe and you could stay and we don't have to be apart again."

his question still goes unanswered, existing in the background like the blade of a guillotine. how long before it falls?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 5:46:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Each promise of safety was another knife to the back, a piece of vengeance for all the lives he's taken, for all sins blood he's shed. This was his karma. A burden beyond the iron bars he always expected. It worse than any noose, any barrel, any threat imaginable. In many ways, it was his worst possible undoing.
[break]
[break]
There's still a chance, his heart roared, a pitiful piece of denial still fighting against the circumstances shackling his ankles. There's still a chance you're wrong.
[break]
[break]
ANVIL was careful how they molded him, maintaining his innate strengths, plucking out vulnerabilities with tweezers. Naivety was among the first to go, whittled out of him by expert hands. And yet, here he was, praying on the slightest chance the god of the cosmos overlooked one of his most faithful disciples. That Palkia hadn't been as mesmerized with her as he was.
[break]
[break]
"Illie," he repeated her name again, softer this time, as though they were still in that cabin in Sinnoh, legs entangled beneath the cot, a movie murmuring in background. He raised his hand to her cheek, firm and calloused, months worth of manual labor caressing the complexities of her raging spirit. "its okay, I'm still here."
[break]
[break]
"Maybe there's a way out of it. I'll figure it out, somehow."

[break]
[break]
[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 6:07:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he repeats her name - soft, in the way one would a prayer - and his hand brushes against her cheek in that familiar way she's only experienced again in dreams. it breaks something in her, she'll slowly realize, to be with him like this again...

and to have it ripped away just as it had before.

"stay."

her voice trembles, breathed out in the space between them as if she's never prayed for anything before now - not palkia, not power, not even a past being brought back from the dead.

"whatever it is, we can figure it out. just -"

she tries to bring him closer, hands rising to cradle his face in her hands. her eyes dart over his face, swaying from his eyes to nose to lips, roaming over the jawline and returning. in their path, they gather more stars to add to constellations and the jagged, rough edges puncture enough to leave tears gathering at waterlines.

"don't leave again."

she wouldn't ask for anything else again. she swears it to her god, its sibling, and the father. she swears it on whatever will keep him with her...

but prayers often go unanswered - the echoing we have been abandoned still plays in her head like a war drum, like a sharp reminder of everything they had been and everything they had lost.

"we can watch a movie or play a game... anything you want, okay?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
HAUNTED
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 22:11:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","omen"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
It'd been a long time since hope still found his place in his heart. Even when Kanto dirt bit at his fingernails, or the first barrage of war stained his future, hope was simply considered a waste of breath. A waste of energy and time and everything scare

[break]

[break]

When the world already balanced on your shoulders, even a feather's kiss is a step too far.
[break]

[break]

But here after standing here, staring down at the beauty of a newly formed galaxy of power beyond comprehension, hope became instinct. A prayer conducted with every ounce of his soul, every piece of his essence.
[break]
[break]

She hasn't changed - it murmured placatingly.
[break]
[break]

"No, illie, I have to do this alone."
[break][break]

His thumb gently caressed her skin, drinking in its tenderness. In many ways, with her, his body became a simple instrument for her pleasure. Every word elicited another chord, every gesture a melodious harmony.
[break][break]

"If you got hurt because of me I," his eyes searched hers, slow and apologetic in all the ways a sunset is, "I could never live with myself."
[break][break]

[attr="class","break"]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","ooctext"]

tldr.

[break][break]

for  .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","title"]
      HAUNTED

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights