priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 18:21:19 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"and i think that's it."

priam has met up with their head scientist to check up on the tree. this wasn't the first time that the city had its giant tree as its focal point, and on the same spot nonetheless.

on his hand was a checklist of things that needed to be performed for tree check-ups, provided by tree experts in the organization. the dyna tree, despite not being similar to any normal tree, still had to be checked for its health just in case.

"if only the others weren't stationed 'round the tree, then i could've showed off by fightin' any intruders tryin' to steal from our tree!"

the last item on the list is ticked off. the preliminary inspection is cleared, labeling the tree as healthy. any other tests can now be commenced should naomi want to.

"did your notes mention anything about a tree?" he asks.

it was from the same place as when they got their souvenirs, after all. it was possible something from their dream could hint towards it, if only had they not forgotten.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 19:41:00 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi had seen her fair share of strange trees. The gruesome Jubokko tree in the Border. The strange barren tree, white as bone, in the RKS Simulation. Now there was a new tree - one teeming with plump, colorful fruit. It looked relatively harmless, but she knew better than to assume it could not hurt her.[break][break]
"They don't," she admitted, flipping through the copies of her field notes from when she was in the dream of Galar. "Only power spots."[break][break]
She frowned up at the massive plant and its whimsical fruit, as if scowling at it might encourage it to reveal its secrets.[break][break]
"I'd like to run some tests on that fruit," she said to Priam, without breaking eye contact with the tree. "You said you wanted to show off, right?"[break][break]
She turned to him then and grinned, pleasant demeanor returning despite her lack of knowledge regarding this new inexplicable oddity.[break][break]
"Go and get me one."

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission | Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 13:31:53 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he puffs his chest out, proudly taking the chance that nomi has set up for him.

"i gotchu."

he looks around for a rock or some projectile, but upon finding one, he settles for a sturdy-looking twig beneath the dyna tree. he supposed it had been part of the tree, and using it to take another part of it seemed disrespectful.

at least calyrex wasn't around to see it.

priam throws it upward, cleanly hitting the fruit off from a branch high up. it lands on the soft ground, cushioned by fallen leaves and soft peat, ready to be taken by anyone who wants it.

"heh, i'm an expert on these things, what can i say?" he brags as he picks it up to hand over to their head scientist.

he wouldn't show his surprise at his own skills, knowing that it wasn't luck.

the use of throwing knives during their dream at galar left no traces after all, besides the one souvenir he brought from it. muscle memory from wielding such weapons was never explored in the modern world.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 14:57:58 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She took the fruit from him, amused.[break][break]
"So it seems," she agreed.[break][break]
The fruit was a bulbous, vibrant thing - larger than most berries, but not so big as to feel heavy in her arms. She sniffed it, finding the scent hard to place. Tart, but maybe also a little sweet? Certainly more like a fruit than a vegetable. Tamato berries were often deceiving that way.[break][break]
"I wonder if it's edible," she mused. It would be a terrible idea to taste it without first running extensive testing. She wouldn't put it past to do such a thing, however.[break][break]
Slipping the fruit carefully into her pack, she noticed Kallistatus drifting closer to the tree. Did the Unown sense something?[break][break]
A rustling caught her attention, and she looked over her shoulder, brow furrowed.[break][break]
"Did you hear anything?" She asked Priam.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission | Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 18:46:45 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i bet they are!" he says. "if pokemon eat 'em, then they must be good enough to eat, right? i bet we can juice 'em and-"

his musing is interrupted by something else catching nomi's attention. he follows her eyes when he notices his expression change, though he wasn't able to turn his head fast enough to catch the source of rustling.

"n-no?"

uncertainty comes to the fear of being wrong. he'd look uncool if he said something and it never happened.

he takes a few steps closer, but not outright going next to it. he tiptoes as he peeks, as if an extra inch or two of height will help him discern what was hidden behind the leaves.

"it ain't calyrex, right?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
focal point [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:46:37 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Calyrex?"[break][break]
Ah, right. That kingly Pokemon from Galar...the one that had spoken to them in their shared dream at the Ancient Tomb. She shivered - though the air around the tree was quite warm - remembering the cryptic prophecy it had bestowed upon them, more curse than blessing.[break][break]
Priam, who was putting on quite the show of courage, approached the bush. She might have giggled at his overdramatic bravado, if not for the very real possibility of a threat - after all, their region was in turmoil, and the tree they were visiting all but screamed "anomaly." This was a point of interest, and there was no telling what else might be interested in the fruit.[break][break]
"It was probably nothing, we can - "[break][break]
The sudden flapping of wings caused Nomi to reel around; a flock of crazed-looking, hungry Crobat had burst from the underbrush on the other side of the tree, and were rushing straight for the tree.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission | Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights