Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Welcome Distraction [Jay]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 6:13:32 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]It’d been eight months since he’d watched his entire life go up in smoke. The blood from his first murder still dripped heavily from his hands—the feeling foreign and accompanied by a sense of acidic guilt. At that time, he could count the weeks stuck in one place on a single hand. The grandparent and his boys bounced from hotel to hotel like particularly versatile ladies of the night. His normally high bar for cases plummeted as he hungrily devoured any distraction.

The case itself held little interest. There was no locked room mystery or high-stakes robbery involved. No one had even died or gone missing. In truth, the matter fell to the level of a wellness check. An item Nikita found beneath him, something better left to the glorified meter maids of Hammerlocke’s police force. But the fee was nothing to scoff at. “I will return in a few hours, Barbara.” The detective murmured to an Alakazam in the room’s corner. “Keep an eye on Samuel for me.” Nikita did not even wait to see her nod.

Better to pretend that boy did not exist than to look into his eyes. Coddling had always been Robin’s forte.

After a few days of tracking the young man in question, Nikita found a regularity in his patterns. Today, he expected to find him at the Battle Cafe. Ordering two drinks—one for himself and one that matched the young man’s typical order—the detective took a seat by the door. When his target appeared, Nikita cleared his throat. “Mister Blackwell.” He gestured to the seat across from him. “A moment.”

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[attr="class","nikitatag"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 15:19:03 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

His father had barely held back the previous night. It had been really hard to move this morning. And he knew his movements had been a little stiffer than usual.
[break][break]
Most of the bruises were easy to hide behind clothing.
[break][break]
But not the bruise on the side of his face.
[break][break]
There was a big bruise on the left side of his face that stretched from his left temple to his cheek. From where his father had thrown him into a wall.
[break][break]
At least he didn't have a black eye this time.
[break][break]
So maybe he could say he had run into a tree or something. It was entirely possible. And it wasn't like anyone would know any different.
[break][break]
Definitely couldn't use his normal fighting excuse.
[break][break]
Letting out a huff, he finished getting dressed, wincing slightly as one of his bruises pulled. He grumbled under his breath about getting carried away before giving himself a once-over in the mirror. Making a face at his reflection, he sighed. He supposed that was the best he would do.
[break][break]
He started to walk towards the door and stopped.
[break][break]
He couldn't go out walking the way he was.
[break][break]
Gritting his teeth, he practiced walking until he was walking normally.
[break][break]
Once he was satisfied with his walk, he checked the time. "Good, he had more than enough time to get to his destination."
[break][break]
After making sure his father was nowhere to be found, he made his way out of the house. Once outside, he felt he could breathe a sigh of relief.
[break][break]
Once he had enjoyed being free for a few seconds, he made his way to the battle cafe. It was always his first stop upon leaving the house.
[break][break]
He reached his destination right on time. Not a minute before, not a minute after. Just like he normally did.
[break][break]
Though upon entering, he realized that the sight of someone occupying the usual empty seat that was beside his usual seat meant this day wasn't just going to be a normal day. Especially when the guy called him over.
[break][break]
Shit, how did this guy know his name? He didn't know him. He would remember if he had seen anyone like him.
[break][break]
Realizing he was just standing there, he recovered his composure and made his way over, seating himself in his usual seat.
[break][break]
"Is there something I can help you with?" he asked, more out of politeness than because he really wanted to help.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 17:05:03 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Nikita did not turn away from the bruises. Instead, his eyes fixated upon them. While others found staring rude, the detective thought it informative. A simple glance could tell you a lot about a person. Not just elementary stuff like their age but also their sense of self-esteem, level of honesty, occupation, and marital status. Many people were too amused by his deduction nonsense to remember that he’d been staring.

Which, unfortunately, was a habit he could not discard at this point. For him, these introspections came as naturally as breathing. So, the bruise.was quickly caught and analyzed. Hm. The detective sipped from his now warm, black coffee. His shoulders lifted in a shrug. “I believe you have our roles reversed, Mister Ever.” While he normally kept his clients confidential, he saw no reason to do so now. It was not as if the elderly couple were about to drag the man to prison. “I was sent here by your grandparents.”

His laptop shut with a quiet little click. A glance at it would reveal graphic images about a rare and once popular poison that’d recently cropped up in another case. Loafers clacking across the floor of the battle cafe, the detective sat directly across from the younger man.

Though he’d attempted to hide his injuries, there were signs. The most obvious is the mark down the side of his face. Again, he takes a long draft from his coffee. When he speaks, it is at a normal volume—as if they are discussing the weather and not a man with heavy hands. "If you are trying to hide injuries, I find concealer does wonders.” He shook his head, the growing ponytail shifting from one shoulder to another. “Perhaps you can try dodging Daddy’s fists next time?”

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:37:54 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

For most, being scrutinized would be uncomfortable. He was used to it, however. If it wasn't the bruises that drew people's attention, it was something else, usually his attitude. He generally bounced between indifference and being snarky, not giving any thought beforehand about voicing his opinions aloud.
[break][break]
With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder people bought the lies he fed them about all the fights he got into, all without checking the facts. And for all that, he was sure he had simply been written off as some kind of delinquent.
[break][break]
Taking a sip of his own black coffee, he studied the man in front of him. Something told him this guy wasn't just your average guy.
[break][break]
The mention of his grandparents was unexpected. He had been expecting anything from the guy being a business associate of his father to him wanting to sell him something.
[break][break]
Not him being sent here by his grandparents.
[break][break]
"I told them I was fine."
[break][break]
He was not fine.
[break][break]
Not like he would ever admit it though.
[break][break]
Before the older male's laptop closed, he caught a glimpse of what he assumed was some kind of poisonous plant. Not a camera recording him, good.
[break][break]
Was he paranoid?
[break][break]
Maybe a bit.
[break][break]
No telling what his dad would do if he thought his grandparents knew something.
[break][break]
"I don't have a lot of money, usually what I do have is spent on coffee. Besides, it's hard to find some concealer that works with my complexion."
[break][break]
That was only half of it. He, at this point, could apply basic first aid to any injury his father gave him with his eyes closed. However, applying concealer in such a way that it wasn't overly obvious he was hiding something escaped him.
[break][break]
If the older male expected a reaction out of him at the mention of his father, he would be disappointed. While his natural instinct was to lie, claim he had run into a tree or had gotten caught up in a fight, he knew this guy wouldn't be so easily fooled.
[break][break]
"I can handle whatever he throws at me," he said.
[break][break]
He was too scared of his father to admit the abuse to authorities and too proud to admit he needed help or to get away.
[break][break]
He was strong. No matter what his father said, he wasn't weak. Whatever his father threw at him, he would handle it like a man.
[break][break]
And men don't run from fights.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
279 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 1:27:49 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Nikita peered at the younger man over the top of his screen. A brow went up. It did not take a genius to see the lie in his words. Even a deaf person could make out the dry wit in the detective’s response. “Obviously.” He lifted a hand to rest it against the part of his cheek that mirrored the bruise. Though in no way a good samaritan—taking jobs rarely had anything to do with the crime but in his desire for challenge—he could not tolerate stupidity. Which this young man displayed in spades. “Your pride will make a lovely funeral shroud.”

Then, he began to discuss finances. Darwin’s law really has never shone truer. Though at risk of sounding like an out-of-touch capitalist, Nikita could not resist a sardonic response. “It seems your budgeting could use some work, Mister Blackwell.” In truth, he had never enjoyed frothier drinks. If he wanted coffee, he would drink it straight. Otherwise, he might as well get milk in a cup.

From his pocket, he pulled out an envelope. It was full of money—part of his advance from the grandparents. He slid it over to Ever. If this fool wanted to get out, he needed room to breathe. A way to properly clear his head. It wasn’t as if this was free. There would just be a fee tacked onto the final invoice.

Nikita sighs. Though his father was a criminal, the man had never laid a finger on him. But in his years on the job, he’d encountered plenty of people like Ever. Plenty of cases where the end result of a relationship was obvious, but everyone was too stubborn to pull the brakes. So, someone died and people pretended to be shocked.

“Let us pretend you can—” He did not believe for an instant that this hypothetical was true. But some people benefited from games of imagination. "Why would you?”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights