shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 02 involve the venomous adhesive of a poipole or naganadel.
  • 03 use a pokemon to light your path.
  • 12 involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.
  • 16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.
  • 🗺️ utilize terastallization or a bear in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ 's medical expertise and/or his calm nature must be advantageous in some way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
ULTRA DEEP SEA: GL
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 18:04:28 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Grigori would rather be back in Cillian’s office. At least there, he knew which way was up and how the physics worked. Here, well… it might as well be an entirely new universe, bound by its own mechanics. Even better, the source of ire was a tangible, known quantity.

He could not shake the feeling that millions of eyes watched their every move. Ready to strike and devour as soon as they let their guard down. But that’s what the bear was for, as it lumbered behind with its unnatural gait. A force to be reckoned with, a very welcome one as the grunt and the doctor trudged along the squelching path.

Mr. Laurence, do not hesitate to speak up if you think you see something,” he called out behind himself. “Even if it's fake, it is better to be cautious than dead. Or worse.

That ‘worse’ was Nihilego poison. Or Poipole poison– but he hadn’t the experience to make conclusions. But that’s why they were here: to get more samples directly or indirectly from the source. When both sides had access to the hellish creatures, it was important to have an active supply of antidote.

And thankfully (or unthankfully), they’d yet to encounter one.

Perhaps a light is in order. Do you have a Pokémon that might help us?

close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
awards
52 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 5:17:04 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar
He hadn’t thought much about the mission Howard had given him, the location, or the person, but seeing where he was made him question everything. The Ultra Deep Sea had been…Beautiful, when light had occasionally peeked through the thick darkness surrounding them, but also dangerous, evident by the rotting carcasses of unfortunate Pokemon who met an untimely end. It had been a twisted twisted sort of artwork, packed with beautiful refractions of crystal, something that would surely plan to lure some unlucky sap in. Sadly, the duo hadn’t been lured, but ordered instead…With Grigori leading the way, Laurence slowly trudged behind him, trying to take note of whatever the scarce sunlight would offer to illuminate, his eyes dragging over things to imagine what exactly could have been such a thing that inhabited such a place. Girgori’s caution occasionally grasped his attention, having him reaffirm in either whispers or repetitive hmphs.

“Got it…Trust, the last thing I want is to be spooked by one of the things said to be down here either…”

From what he had heard, the situation had been serious, enough to have Howard order him to find a cure for whatever Pokemon had afflicted Girgori. However, when Laurence went to press for answers, Howard had been cryptic in his responses, only urging the two to be careful…Well, that was a given. How else were they going to ever try to make it back without such? Grigori’s suggestion made Laurence reach for his belt loop, grabbing what he hoped would have been the correct Pokeball for such a situation. Luckily for him, having joined Rocket they supplied him much more than what he had started with…His Scolipede could have only done so much, especially when it was damn near pitch dark in a cave, but his newest companions may have been more useful with this. Laurence pressed the seal, before the capsule opened, revealing a blue and yellow Pokemon, its cry quiet and soft.

“We need light for a bit, think you can do that?”

Laurence asked the Pokemon, his voice low as if he were trying to remain hidden from the denizens of the deep sea. The Shinx, in a timely fashion, could only give a quiet cry of its affirmation, and in almost seconds, its tail had begun to glow, emitting a soft and gentle light. Enough at least for them to walk without bumping into the night without caution.

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 21:32:05 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Thank you, Mr. Laurence,” Grigori nodded at the meager light. It left a lot to be desired, yet it beat what they had previously– nothing. Freddy agreed with a rough groan and rumble in its limbs. They could see further inside the ‘narrow’ passage, but it was more a revelation of how out of place they were.

There was still plenty of ambiguity if they looked far enough in any direction. The narrow beams of light that danced across the ground made some rocks look ethereal with their shine. Wherever there wasn’t an opening in the ground or the side of a wall, anyway. “If only we’d been informed on a general idea of where to go.”

Perhaps we must get a little creative,” Grigori suddenly pointed to a larger hole in the cavern they entered. It glistened underneath the strange light and looked safe because of the Shinx’s revealing light. “I don’t think we shall find much if we stick to the normal path.

A terrible prospect, but they were not here to feel comfort or safe. Almost impossible, in such an alien location– further emphasized by a sudden shudder of the very walls. Like a heart beat somewhere very far, yet its reverb traveled as fast as light, evidenced by rippling rock. He held his hands out for balance and looked around.

... I’m not sure what that his, but I hope it’s not dangerous,” the grunt said idly. He didn’t wait for Laurence to agree or disagree with his idea, and instead walked straight toward and inside the hole. He pulled out a bright piece of neon chalk and marked the side of the wall with a straight line and an arrow. It replicated the path as well, since it looked to continue on for quite some distance.

Mr. Freddy in the back, me in the lead,” he said.

PROMPT COMPLETE: Involve the realm's heartbeat-like sound and/or the discovery of large organ-like structures.

close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
awards
52 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:56:57 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar
He knew it wasn't much, and he could damn sure tell in Grigori's tone that he knew it either, but that wasn't something to complain about right now when neither of them had a flashlight, nor were bioluminescent. But, with the Shinx he'd unleashed for the moment, they were at least given some sort of grace to move and have a faint clue of where they could have been headed. While the ample light had done its job, Laurence finally got a better look at the place, how his Shinx's light made beautiful refractions from the crystal, highlighting where the group had been, and when he looked up, he could see better the shadows that floated above him, their ignorance of the group's position a blessing. 

"You're telling me...'Go find a decent cure', is just as helpful as telling me you have an injury..."

He quietly cursed under his breath as they kept moving, making their way toward the large maw of a cave. The shinx paused for a moment, waiting for its trainer and colleague to decide to pull back or push forward, but when Laurence continued, his steps slowed as the cyan hued pokémon tentatively moved forward.

"Yeah, you're right...Guess we gotta take the risk here too then. I would suggest you keep that big lug ready for whatever comes soon 'nuff then, sure my shinx is strong, but I'm sure the big guy is stronger."

He hated the idea of it, but he couldn't poke a hole in such a deduction. Staying on the same path that many others surely have taken would have yielded nothing...Unfortunately, just like people, Pokémon had their sense of intelligence, and surely, they'd get used to such a thing and avoid it. And delaying such a catch would only make it a lot harder for them to return.

It wouldn't have been long before the Shinx's ear would catch a note of the beating of a heartbeat, its tail flickering a moment in the apprehension of what could have been ahead, signaling to Laurence to slow down. Shit, so they would encounter something down here...That was just his luck.

"Stay slow and steady, I'm sure you've done it plenty of times here, but I don't plan on being lunch for any beast down here...Shinx, move in front and continue to light the path. The moment you see something that isn't us, don't be afraid to go and fry the thing." 

The doctor's words were final, with the Ursaluna in the back, and the only light source in the front, he took no chances. 

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 6:43:34 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
I do not recommend your Shinx try much of anything, Mr. Laurence,” Grigori said quietly. “While it’s my first time in this location, I’ve seen the things that come from here. Hell, I’m unsure how well Freddy will fare.

As dark as it was (literally and figuratively), the small creature was the perfect size to be plucked away if it tread too far from their little group. It might be able to fight back against the little Beedrill-esque creature, but anything bigger would utterly outmatch it. Best to stay close and run at the first sign of danger.

Especially if it was a Nihilego. Ruthless monsters. “And remember; we are here to collect more samples for research. If you’re able to develop a more efficient antidote, then by all means, but we’re not doomed if an accident happens.

Or if we leave here empty-handed,” Grigori ducked underneath an outcrop as the heartbeat got stronger. A strong, unknowable heartbeat that filled the very air with its tremor. If this made them run with their tails between their legs, then it’d be perfectly fine.

Yet the meager light from the small feline would prove fine enough in this instance: a small, natural cave. He didn’t see any immediate threats, nor active movement. Save for the far wall, which looked perfectly alien and fleshy and alive. Other than that, there was little else besides a pile of goo in the far corner and scattered debris. Likely rocks from the ceiling and…

Bones? He bent down and picked up one of the white white pieces of hard material. “You reckon this was a person, Pokémon, or neither?

close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
awards
52 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 18:30:48 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar
Perfect...His advice would be perfect, standing there and all. If he had fought these things that had lurked in the dark and found that even he was unsure how his Pokémon would do, all Laurence could do would be standing there like a sitting duck. But he followed orders nonetheless. 

"You've heard him Shinx. Stay beside us."

His voice was quiet and guarded, not looking to see if the Pokémon had come, but silently hoped it would. Luckily, it did, the small beast sitting toward the doctor's legs, matching its movement with the group. Grigori's reaffirmation of their job did little to soothe Laurence, only giving him much more to worry about when it came to these depths. When he was in the Giant Chasm, they had done something similar and found themselves in the face of what was now his Raging Bolt, but Grigori wasn't , Laurence had no idea what he could have had to prevent such a thing. 

"Got it, got it. I'll make sure we get an antidote, you just make sure whatever happens, we can leave this place if the going gets rough."

The doctor continued trekking forward, the familiar sound of a heartbeat getting faster, louder, more erratic. Not long after, they'd hit the first stop, Shinx's tail flickered brightly for the moment, revealing what the two could only make as a wall, the sides of it slick with a translucent slime, its content still viscous, almost freshened. However, the discovery would be forgotten for the moment when Grigori had seen the remains. The doctor bit his lip, even in the medical field, it was rare one could simply just see the remains of a person. 

You reckon this was a person, Pokémon, or neither?

His voice came out as indifferent as he could, though it was obvious that part of him had been unnerved at such a sight. But ignoring it could be a death sentence, had it been a person or pikeman. It showed that something that had been there...Be that it was only a bit of what was left of it on the floor. 

"I'd take my chances and say, a person. That right there is a femur, the other, a bit of the tibia. But where could the rest of 'em be?"

He tried to find maybe another part of the person's remains but had no luck. Whatever had left part of him, had made off with the rest. Scavenger, maybe? 

"If you're going to hold onto it, then put it in a bag and put it in the containers we have. I'll look into it back at the lab, see what maybe cause of death could be, and if there are any other traces on it. And speaking of the lab...What do you think this is?"

Laurence turned to face the slime that had coated the wall before them, reaching into his pockets to pull out the gloves, a swab, and a vial. He'd be quick to get whatever sample it was, regardless of whether it was direct or not. 

"I don't know what it is, but it's gotta be useful somehow. Be it from a Pokemon we know about, or something down here."

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 20:49:02 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Figured. This seemed like the perfect location to bite the bullet. He let the bone clatter back to the ground and pulled himself upright. “I’ll do so when we are sure we are through exploring this small area.

How such bones ended up in this cave would ultimately determine just how safe they were inside of it. They could’ve starved to death in here or holed up with no means of escape. Could’ve bled out. But from what? A fellow human, or a Pokémon?

Worst of all, though, was the concern he kept to himself for now: what if they’ve walked into a den of sorts? Narrow passage allowed for easy defense, and one could worm their way outside if necessary. He imagined it was easier, the more flexible the limbs. Best of all, it was relatively secluded. Odds were low that another creature stumbled upon this place.

With any luck, this was an empty or otherwise abandoned cave. But the presence of the strange goo did not inspire confidence. “If I must presume, that would be… probably the discharge of a beast of this realm. Perhaps from a Poipole, or Naganadel. Do not let that touch your skin under any circumstances."

Thankfully, Laurence was as aware of what the slime was as himself. Any of the scientists at Rocket would’ve gone into a detailed, horrific description of how this would melt the flesh or burn the skin into a crisp, charred black. One of the few good things of this trip thus far.

And that wasn’t about to change. There was a noise, a strange rubbing between strange walls and… something else. Grigori could not see it from behind the massive lump of brown fur, but Freddy heard it as well. He growled low, and held his big arms out wide.

Mr. Laurence,” the grunt gave the doctor a stern, dark look, “I did not wish to speak up earlier, but… what are the odds we’ve entered the end of a creature that wishes to consume us?

Unfortunately, his darkest fears rung true in his head. His entire body tensed up, and he faced the entrance of the cave once more. He could see the massive, horrid stinger breach the darkness of the opening. Freddy lowered his head and snarled louder, which only served to let Laurance see the Naganadel as well. It's awful gaze met every single one of the members in the cave, and it hissed at the intruders.

"I think we have overstayed our welcome."

Energy started to build up from its maw, and it wasted no time in trying to claim its next meal. A Dragon Pulse echoed out and came straight their way.

PROMPT COMPLETE: Involve the venomous adhesive of a poipole or naganadel.

close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
awards
52 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 6:13:41 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar
He had been busy collecting the goo and trying to keep it towards the vial, getting as much as he could for future testing when he had heard Grigori's response. 

"Ah, that could be right...I have some information on Poipole and Naganadel back at the desk, but I admit, it fits that description of the adhesive it can spew from what I can remember...I need enough to bring back to the lab, there has to be something it eats or some way it's making this...Then, maybe figuring it out could be a way to get us a cure. And no one is dumb enough to touch this with their hands. You are asking for a death wish or something?"

Laurence continued to scoop contents into another vial, capping it with a click before taking a small triumphant sigh. Two vials full should have been enough to fuel whatever information the knowledge-hungry rockets would need. It'd give him just enough to work with too...So, then what needed to be focused on next was getting ready to retreat to the surface, safe and sound. However, the Ursaluna's growl told both that the latter would likely be a request too far out of reach. It growled low, enough to rumble even the doctor a bit. 

"He sees something out there?"

Laurence turned to ask the other grunt, his own Shinx being bold enough to step up a bit, its small body building up electricity in its anticipation. 

I think we have overstayed our welcome.

Had not been the answer he'd been hoping to receive. A sound was heard, the cry of a foreign entity as a blast of energy shot past them, hitting the fleshy wall in a solid impact that let out a rumble of the cavern they occupied. Laurence tried to grab his bearings, his head lifting quickly to see where the blast had come from, finding his gaze fixed on a beast that too stared them down. It made a sort of garbled sound, the lower part of it, syringe-like, rose again, charging another blast at them. The Naganadel.

"Shinx! Thunder wave, now!"

The doctor commanded, the shiny Pokemon following suit to bring the new opponent down. In a quick motion, Shinx's body was coated in electricity, and in a roar, it shot towards the darkness that slightly concealed Naganadel, the currents of it enough to give it a dangerous jolt of joules as it let out a cry of pain, however, the energy it charged seemed to continue nonetheless.

"Shit, well we were just leaving anyways..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights