snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 7:52:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]despite the call of the unknown surrounding the giant chasm and its innards of area zero, she finds the research stations to be enough to sate her sometimes.

they house a plethora of items and notes, either left behind or newly placed, and she can't quite ignore the way she drifts toward the entrance.

"do you want to take a break before continuing? i'd like to look over these notes while we're here, if so."

they've already reached the first of four research stations, set up like beacons around the chasm.

and where there's a beacon, there's always pesky bugs drawn to its light. this is no different, for the echoing growls of nearby paradox pokemon already sound closer than they had before...

ABmtzH6j

gc excursion: research station.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 11:00:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

after recent discussions had in 's GYM JAM meeting, cian has taken the initiative to get more involved in all the ongoings of the region.[break][break]

this time, it takes him down to the giant chasm alongside his good acquaintance and colleague .[break][break]

"i wouldn't mind a break! we can look over these notes then, to help pass the time."[break][break]

as his hands flutter through notes, he glances over his shoulder, curious.[break][break]

"how have you been? you know, since..."[break][break]

since being chosen by palkia.[break][break]

13AN3fty

[attr="class","oocnotes"]GC EXCURSION B, RESEARCH STATION

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 18:06:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"great, let's take a seat, then!"

they have a little time, by her calculations, before paradox pokemon swarm this research station. they're still small specks on her radar, not quite close enough to disrupt spatial matter entirely - more annoying gnats buzzing around than demanding beasts at the moment.

she expects that will change soon, but for now, they're free to pour over notes and discuss.

"oh, i've been okay. training has been harder than usual, but i'm managing."

her smile is small, but warm.

"have you been well, yourself? it's been a while, hasn't it?"

last time they met, it was during the vital city tournament and before that? they were crammed in her lab side by side, looking over schematics of a submarine instead of notes. the circumstances never quite change, she muses quietly, as her hand grabs for the first of many research notes.

fn2UwvCf

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 7:10:52 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"well we did see each other in the vital city tournament but that didn't really count."[break][break]

he had been a different beast entirely during that event, so any interactions he had must be excused especially if he ended up pissing them off. he thinks his battle against illie was fine, though.[break][break]

"what's training like now? i can't imagine what you have to do to keep palkia in tip-top shape. like, what does it even eat?"[break][break]

bIAr5s8Y

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 18:32:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks, mild confusion rushing in.

"that didn't count? why not?"

her memory might be shaky, at best, but she doesn't remember any terrible feelings coming from their fight during the vital city tournament. in fact, she had emerged as the victor in their showdown. perhaps that's what he's referring to?

"training is... well, it's a process, i suppose."

she has to learn how to overcome the obstacles of seeing and feeling spatial expanses, let alone feeling the universe's full weight trying to brace itself against her shoulders. her previous avatarship had, in no way, prepared her for what this one would be like... she feels like she's slowly drowning somehow.

and yet, a little laugh escapes at the question.

"palkia eats whatever it wants, actually - surprisingly it's a big fan of pasta, though."

UmW0Ll4S

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 6:31:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"because i was in my x-games mode and cosplaying so all i really focused on was winning."[break][break]

they weren't really given an opportunity to chat and catch up like they're able to now, though he imagines he would not have been very good company back then.[break][break]

he blinks at her revelation of pasta.[break][break]

"mac and cheese?"[break][break]

he laughs.[break][break]

"it's a little strange to picture it eating pasta. i thought it'd eat, like, raw meat and stuff like that."[break][break]

oINv_imh[break][break]

TOTAL: 398

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 1:41:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]x-games mode? she blinks owlishly. what the fuck is that?

"oh, um... it's okay! we all get passionate about winning when it comes to tournaments."

don't they? she wouldn't necessarily know, per se, as she's always been anti-tournaments until lately... but it sounds correct enough?

at the mention of mac n cheese, she lets out an amused laugh.

"yeah, it's taken a bowl or two from me while my back has been turned before."

who would've guessed the spatial dragon would be partial to some good ol' mac n cheese?

"i usually give it meat, but - well, i think it tends to just want whatever i'm eating in addition to its meat."

s6zOJsUw

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:28:59 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"that's crazy! your food bill must be through the roof then."[break][break]

quietly, he wonders if the league or the aqua initiative helps them with that stuff, but he lets the thought pass as it makes him feel weird to think about legendaries eating something as mundane as pasta. kinda breaks the experience.[break][break]

"i read theories—well, fan fiction, really—that palkia's about to travel to different universes. is that true?"[break][break]

aPdCiiwz[break][break]

TOTAL: 572

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 2:00:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her head turns, for a moment, and she catches sight of some sort of... odd tracks outside the research station. the glare on the windows almost makes it feel like a trick, but the prints etched into dirt are still clear as day after a blink or two.

"what's that?"

had he seen it too?

she blinks again and her head turns back toward cian, a mental note made to investigate those tracks later on, perhaps.

"palkia's about to travel to different universes?"

does he mean it plans to? or that it simply possesses the ability to do so should it desire? confusion settles softly over her expression. a moment later, an apologetic smile rises.

"i'm sorry - i don't quite know what you mean."

PV7vz5T3

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 17:39:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"oh woops! i misspoke hehe. i meant to ask if it's able to travel to different universes."[break][break]

it's not cian's fault for the mistake—some divine intervention made him trip up.[break][break]

his gaze shifts out the window to look at what she pointed out.[break][break]

"i'm no explorer, but those look like tracks..."[break][break]

5DgtZKpy[break][break]

TOTAL: 733

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 3:21:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"oh, yeah, it's able to travel to different universes."

she had, actually, recently traveled to its spatial dimension and glimpsed at each glass panel to other universes. even now, in this research station, she can vividly see the spatial cracks that had been sealed. would they rip back open like stubborn wounds?

her eyes drift back toward the tracks, tracing over the dirt prints.

"what do you think they're from?"

vrhSQFb4

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 5:04:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"if only i went to ranger academy like my brother did."[break][break]

he comments idly, thinking nothing of it because that reality is difficult to imagine. cian would hate being a ranger; he'd have too much freedom and too much obligation to be out in the wilderness. he'd much rather stay indoors all day.[break][break]

despite that, he abandons the notes and looks over at illie, gesturing.[break][break]

"wanna go check it out?"[break][break]

rjJBVMr0[break][break]

TOTAL: 844

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 21:02:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]being a ranger always seems nice in theory, but she would agree that it wouldn't be a good fit for either of them. where cian prefers to stay indoors, she prefers the outdoors only under the guise of seeking out the unknown. the emphasis on preservation would be nice, however.

"yes, let's do it."

the notes are abandoned and she's already turning for the door, eyes sparking with curiosity.

"maybe we'll find something new..."

something interesting, exciting. she craves it in the way one might crave sugar.

GnM5PQJ|

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 7:22:59 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

approaching the exit, he has the sudden urge to kick down the door to announce their arrival but quickly realizes that it's a pull and not a push. that would've been embarrassing.[break][break]

outside, he squats beside the prints, peering down at it as though he's an expert.[break][break]

"hmm..."[break][break]

he sniffs.[break][break]

"smells fresh. whatever it is, it must be close."[break][break]

lFlqnaGp[break][break]

TOTAL: 870

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
no choir
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 20:25:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]is he familiar with tracks? with hunting?

she blinks, observing as he squats down by the footprints once they're out of the research station.

"fresh, huh?"

it couldn't have gotten too far, then, right?

"could you tell what it is? or if there's any more tracks?"

BUixI8Fs