Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
GC EXCURSION A: Yuina & Doug
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 18:32:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION A

With

"Been a while since I've been given such missions." He observed dryly, looking over the great crater whilst tugging onto his leather glove, the dark fabric a bit unfamiliar to him after several months of disposable latex.

Destroy Rocket stations to impede their investigations into the Chasm.

Honestly, it sounded like a or kind of mission now, but less than a year ago he hadn't been too far behind Matias in his willingness to stick it to rocket, with perhaps a little more precision.

Half turning away from the chasm, he faced his companion for this first of many campaigns against rocket structural integrity.

"How's your pokemon handling?" He asked Yuina simply, hand on his hip. "Think you'll be fine?"

They may face resistance after all, depending on how lucky they were.

TL;DR:
Mission start!

K||Arqfq
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 0:27:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

It didn't take long before the entirety of the league was being mobilized in order to survey the chasm that tore through the icelands, breaking through the landscape and opening an entire new environment. After a handful of initial reports, now it was a full on expedition into the depths. It wasn't unlike being assigned various posts during the war on that island...[break][break]
"You're saying I've been out on the field more often than you now? Don't tell me that means I'm in charge," Yuina mused lightly, standing just at the edge of a cliff face, looking out over the enormous landscape that had been hidden beneath the surface... it even had cloud cover now... It really was like its own ecosystem.[break]
She glanced to Doug, her assigned company for the mission at hand, the first time really that they were actually going to be working together during an assignment and not seeing each other after the aftermath... With any luck, she wouldn't have to make a hospital trip after this.[break][break]
"I think we'll be fine, I might not have the most experience in the world, but I think I'm catching up," Yuina returned. She was half serious, half joking. She knew her experience was shot compared to most in the field, she'd only been around since the summer, but, for her lack of time, she felt like she was making good strides.[break][break]
She took out a Pokeball, releasing Centos, the gleaming silver Pokemon that had come to her in the icelands above, she trusted him down here, given this was where he emerged from.[break][break]
"Need a lift?"

[break][break]

eb3lm7rd

notes[break]
GC-B Excursion[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 17:57:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

"You wish, cadet." He said with a click of his tongue, reaching up to tip his ha— Oh right, he didn't wear those as often anymore...

Western Movie omniscient narrator voice
The day of 's reckoning... was yet to come.

With his hand left grasping for empty air, the youth pursed his lips and frowned at nothing in particular.

"... Well, s'long as your pokemon listen when you point them at something, we should be fine." He said, hand dropping back to his side as he gave her a side glance...

Before blinking up at the big boy she had brought out, craning his head back slightly.

"Uh. Nice catch." He said, scratching at his cheek. At her question, he blinked her way, before grinning. "Yeah, sure."

His smile curled slightly, gaining a cheeky edge.

"Don't cuddle up too close though, we're working'ere."

TL;DR:
We ride.
MuX8Njdy

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 2:13:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The notion that Yuina could be the senior rank in this situation was a funny one at that, and never true in the first place, but she mused on her own quip until Doug called her cadet again. A new nickname she'd assumed after she visited him for a training session death sentence.[break]
"Still? Cadet? What's the next rank title, I should be there by now," Yuina assured with a nod, unless he just liked calling her cadet, he wouldn't stop.[break][break]
Giving Centos a moment to calibrate to his surroundings, his digital blue eyes blinking and scanning down to look at Doug, though he was otherwise expressionless.[break]
"Centos does great down here, since he came from here, I guess, kind of...," she wondered, how did they end up coming out of this place anyway? She took a moment to move towards the sword, helping herself up onto his back, only to be met with that grin she she could hear in Doug's voice, and a smart comment that caught her off guard. Her back straightened, she turned just slightly, pink coming across her nose... He was cheeky...[break][break]
She scooted up on Centos' back though, unsure if she was able to hide the pink across her nose, but she only looked down at him in a way to match his mischief.[break][break]
"I think that's up to you, since I'm the one who has to sit in front," she mentioned, she was really quite proud of herself... thinking so quick to match him.

[break][break]

sVWJW0om

notes[break]
GC-B Excursion[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:18:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

The medic's eyebrows rose at her quick response, impressed. She had truly grown a lot in but a few months.

Yet, his smile only widened, mischievous intent dancing behind his eyes.

There was still room to grow more.

"And this is why you're still a cadet." He said cheekily as he rounded around 'Centos'— bringing his hand atop the mech-sword's hips before suddenly hoisting himself. "Giddy up!"

In a sudden move, he leap frogged onto the mech's back directly behind Yuina, his chest pressing against her back.

"Leaving it up to me? Haven't ya heard of my exploits?" He asked, warm breath blowing against her neck. "That's just asking for trouble."

Playing around as much as they were, the two had almost completely missed the very particular footprints that had been tattooed unto the soil nearby— hopefully, their pokemon would find it for them, so very occupied as they were.

TL;DR:
We ride.
DWtiqVdT
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 17:23:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Snickering a bit to herself, pleased at her quick wit, Yuina situated herself on Centos' back and figured she may have caught Doug in his words. The expression he gave was amusing, she surprised him, and that was plenty for her. He wasn't through yet though.[break][break]
Her back turned to him as he rounded behind Centos, she heard him go on about why she was still a cadet, and before Yuina could have anything more to say on it, she stiffened, he was right behind her in one swift motion...[break]
His chest pressed against her rigid back, his shoulders encompassing her own, he was so close she could feel his breathing in his chest... And then he spoke, she could swear she could hear what he was saying, but the feeling of his breath on the back of her neck was louder than anything. Yuina held her breath, the small hairs on the back of her neck prickled, goosebumps ran down her arms, and an impossibly sharp chill moved down her spine for what felt like both a split second and an eternity at the same time...[break][break]
This was the closest they had ever been... Yuina was stunned in that moment, forever glad that she was turned away from him, she was sure her cheeks were crimson... If this was playing a game together, Doug won this round...[break]
And then his hands rested gently at her sides, with nothing else to hold onto given being on horse back. Yuina swore she felt her heart skip a beat, her pulse was beating in her ears...[break][break]
Paralyzed as she was, Yuina took on all of this within only couple of seconds, though it felt like the longest moment ever that she didn't say anything, she couldn't think of anything to say...[break]
"I-I...," she stammered, and Yuina cursed herself for that moment, Doug wasn't someone she wanted to be at a loss for words with...[break][break]
Now that the two humans were situated on his back and given that pause, Centos had started to look around to garner a feel for the surroundings, his digital eyes blinking and scanning their immediate vicinity when he found a set of footprints on the ground. He eyed them, they were very peculiar, and perhaps a sign that something was near them that they needed to be aware of. The sword moved a bit, stomping his hoof on the ground, blue energy glowing, and that movement shook Yuina out of her own head enough to look down.[break][break]
"Wh-where are the coordinates for the base we're trying to find again? We should catalogue those tracks really quick... See if we find more on the way to the base," Yuina managed, finally, they were down here for a job... They were down here for a job, and she was blushing as red as a Magby. What a way to start a mission...

[break][break]

GtpdNbNI

notes[break]
GC-B Excursion[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 1:27:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

There was a far too pleased smile on the young man's lips as he hummed in response to her words, his grasp on her waist growing a little more firm.

"Hm? Oh, it's nearby!" Doug said cheerfully, chill as a vanilluxe as his hands slowly slid off Yuina's waist to point at something unseen in the far distance, seemingly freeing her from torment...

Before fully coming around her once again a moment later, stretching out a map before her as he proceeded to prop his chin atop her shoulder, cheek to cheek with the ranger, to look over the map.

"See that purple dot?" He asked, his forearm and bicep briefly gliding against her sides as he pointed at a specific dot on the map. "That's our target. We're here."

He dragged his digit over to a relatively nearby hill, and hummed.

"I'll try and keep an eye out. Ya got a rotomphone?" He asked casually, propping his head on her shoulder more lazily while lightly cocking his head, looking her in the eye. "They're pretty good at keeping track of stuff like this. I've got a poryphone, if not."

TL;DR:
She gonna have to do better than that
Current total = 330
pa82jYQe
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 15:53:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was all Yuina could do to pose her question, some semblance of coherency as Centos had shaken her out of her state for just long enough, but her focus was scattered, shattered really, at this point.[break]
All of this, this entire moment, was something so new to her, no interaction that she'd had thus far in this new life was anything like this or close to this... And she didn't know what about this moment, what in herself, was causing such a visceral reaction... Why it was so consuming, overwhelming...[break][break]
His hands rested on her hips, his fingers grasped at her waist a bit more firm, a perfect contrast to the clawed scars that marred her skin beneath her shirt, Yuina was nearly dizzy at the intense feeling of a not unreasonable form of contact sitting on horse back... Her hands were rigid, palms flat against Centos' back in front of her, unmoving, she was trying to stifle the trembling feeling in her chest, her nerves buzzing endlessly.[break]
She'd posed her question, lost again in the feeling of Doug being so close, and then his hands slowly left her waist, leaving a searing feeling there for that second as tension visibly left Yuina. He knew where the base was, that was great, they'd be on their way in just a second.[break][break]
Only to be effectively trapped by him as he encompassed her entirely, spreading out a map in front of them of the base, their mission... They were on a mission... They were on a mission, right?[break]
'Don't cuddle up too close though, we're working'ere'[break][break]
If she had any sense about her, she'd throw his words back at him, to try and gain her footing again, but it was impossible to think of anything beyond her nerves screaming in her head. He rested his head on her shoulder, his cheek nestled against her own, she was surprised she didn't burn him with how impossibly red she was.[break]
He spoke so easily, unfazed, regarding a point on the map of their location compared to where the base was... It was nearly lost on her though, his arms grazing along her sides... Yuina was almost furious with herself, unsure of what made this so impossible, but... not furious enough... to want to leave the warmth of his chest and shoulders...[break][break]
He asked a question, Yuina heard his voice... Almost didn't hear the question itself until she blinked, the footprints below them... Take a picture and then go to the base, take a picture and then go to the base... She started to shift, she could feel his weight against her back, his head resting on her shoulder still, trying to remember where she had her rotomphone...[break]
Yuina was so scattered, she wasn't paying near enough attention, she turned her head, she had to find her phone...[break]
"I-I do... It's right..."[break][break]
And then their noses touched.[break]
They were centimeters away from each other.[break]
This was the closest they had ever been.[break][break]
Everything inside of Yuina was screaming at her then, an almost painful shiver scratched its way up her shoulders, up her neck and behind her ears, up the crown of her head. A soft exclaimation caught in her throat, absolutely petrified.

[break][break]

YbkU3ylH

notes[break]
GC-B Excursion[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 0:53:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

He found himself face to face with one tomato faced time traveler.

Truly, Hoenn was a land of wonders and unique experiences.

There was a great, great temptation to just... lean closer. Would he be overstepping boundaries if he did...? He supposed he would know as soon as he tried it.

"Well now." He mumbled lowly, his lead tilting ever so slightly as his warm breath blew over the other's lips. "Ain'cha a hell of a go-getter."

His nose slid over hers as his hand rose, cupping her cheek briefly—

Before he pecked her on the forehead.

"It really ain't the time tho, Cadet." He informed her cheerfully, a bright, shit-eating smile on his lips. "We're on a mission, 'member?"

He paused, pursing his lips thoughtfully before smiling coyly and lightly tilting his head at her, winking.

"We can keep going after we're done'ere, tho— if you're still interested by then."

TL;DR:
Doug continues to swing far above his league.
Current total = 427
L9fZwbPi

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 0:48:31 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Sitting there astride Centos' back, the iron sword still without instruction to move, Yuina was struggling with the absolutely overwhelming swell of her senses. She felt like she was drowning in her own pulse, unable to hear anything, her ears searing hot like they were on fire. Her chest almost hurt the way it felt like her heart was going to beat its way out of her ribs, and there was nothing that she could do to contain the trembling that overtook her.[break][break]
Trapped there within his arms outstretched on either side of her, all she could do was meet his eyes as Doug looked back at her. They were face to face, she couldn't move, and then he spoke...[break]
His tone, his voice, the way he remained just there in front of her, everything around Yuina stopped, ceased to exist, everything inside of her froze completely, was she even breathing? There was nothing that Yuina could think of to understand why she was so captured in this moment, so unaware of her own emotions, so unaware of how loud her emotions truly were.[break][break]
As he tilted his head, just so, Yuina's frozen, petrified expression began to change, melding into something she didn't understand or realize she was expressing. Her shoulders slowly became less rigid, her eyes softened into something almost pleading... longing...[break]
Nothing could have prepared her for his words, his intoxicating tone, the way his nose brushed against hers, a soft touch to her cheek that was nearly painful as her senses, her mind, continued to flood themselves. Something in the back of her consciousness was trying to scream at her, the darkest part of herself that felt selfish for wanting this moment, for taking a moment that never should have been hers in the first place... But... as her eyes fluttered closed, Yuina didn't care... She wanted to be selfish, she wanted to forget that this life didn't belong to her...[break][break]
And then she felt a light peck on her forehead.[break][break]
Yuina blinked, she felt Doug sit up straighter, really struggling to get a grasp on things as she looked up at him through her lashes. She felt like she was just ripped out of a dream, violently shaken awake from an impossibly deep sleep... That... That all just happened though, didn't it?[break][break]
'It really ain't the time tho, Cadet.'[break][break]
He... and that grin... this wasn't just Doug being cheeky... It was so, so much more than that... And in only a way that Doug was capable of, that pushed Yuina. She understood now, and in spite of herself, in spite of not knowing herself at all, she wanted to play too.[break][break]
"I guess we better get going then," she spoke then, a small smile, looking up to meet his eyes, trying desperately to hide the shiver that ran down her spine at his coy words, the tremble it brought to her voice. She moved though, softly, gently, pushing her back into his chest, nestling and making sure her shoulders fit into his. She lifted her chin only a bit more, making sure to hold his gaze.[break]
"But, you should know," her voice soft, sweet.[break][break]
"Mukae ni ikimasu," foreign words, almost a whisper, and she smiled, knowing the words would be lost on him, only leaving her tone, and their intent in their wake.[break][break]
"Centos, iku," and off the iron sword went at Yuina's word as she leaned forward from Doug's chest to hold onto Cento's neck, another searing red blush coming over her cheeks.

[break][break]

7RkvqrXs

notes[break]
GC-A Excursion[break]
'I'll get you'[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 0:53:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

"We best." He said, just a little too smug. Just a little too haughty.

At least, until he felt her lean back against him.

He tensed up when that happened.

His muscles seemed to coil into themselves and grow taut as her back was leaned across his chest, their eyes meeting as she spoke at him ever so sweetly.

"Cade—?"

Goosebumps rose along his arms as mysterious words were thrown at him, a bead of cold sweat rolling down his neck as he slowly blinked at her.

".... What?" He blurted out, confused and not a little disturbed. "What?"

"Cade—EEEET!" He screamed, arms pinwheeling as the sword of iron leapt forth into the chasm, throwing them forth into their adventure.

TL;DR:
I'll get'chu next time....
Current total = 427+38+54 = 519
BRWhNDjR

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 2:29:02 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Pushing herself, no, digging herself out of the impossibly deep haze that he'd put her in was a chore, the exertion of it heavy. Yuina could feel it in her eyes, in her muscles, her senses felt clouded and muddled like she was still trying to wake up from a deep sleep. But his smug tone, how pleased Doug was with himself, and he wasn't trying to hide it, that was more than enough to urge Yuina to surprise him. She surprised herself in kind.[break][break]
Feeling his pause, how tense he became, his words catching... She could understand the allure... Was it as fun for him as it was for her in that moment she managed? This was supposed to be fun, right?[break][break]
Yuina didn't give him time to catch up, she couldn't. If he got one more word in edgewise, one more coy smile, she would have lost the absolute minimal compsure she scrounged up in order to surprise him. She was still furiously blushing though, turned away from him, she couldn't help it, remembering and memorizing the look in his eyes.[break]
She certainly wished that down here of all places, in the middle of a mission, wasn't where they were... Why now? What came over him in this moment? What had come over her...? It was all still very new and confusing to her...[break][break]
Centos made quick work of bounding along the grass, iron hooves creating small divets as he went, it wouldn't have taken them long at all to near the base in question, the rocket base that they were meant to infiltrate and tear down.[break]
Yuina was almost day dreaming... She was day dreaming? That was new... but a certain jostle from Centos beneath her shook her, and she blinked. Ahead of them, a billowing pillar of black smoke was rising into the air, and if she could recall, that was right where the rocket base was said to be...[break][break]
"That's not... We were the ones assigned to this base, right," Yuina questioned, pulling back on Centos, and the sword came to a slow canter, then a stop. What happened?

[break][break]

LTrd5t1O

notes[break]
GC-A Excursion[break]
'I'll get you'[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 2:55:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

Doug's tension seemed to return as he followed Yuina's gaze to the plume in the distance, his jaw tensing.

"Right. But that doesn't mean we're the only ones down'ere."

For all they knew, some rocket hating civilian was running with a gallon of gasoline in one hand and a match in the other. Hoenn's locals were well known for taking matters into their own hands after all, government orders be damned.

Still... something didn't feel quite right to him. He crossed his arms over his chest, frowning briefly before leaing his chin atop Yuina's shoulder, speaking softly.

"Stick close, okay?" He asked of her, the tugging of his gloves going out of her sight. "If we're lucky, someone will have done our job for us."

He frowned.

"I'm never lucky, tho. Be ready."

TL;DR:
Current total = 519+18+45 = 582
QFUaXMMz

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 3:08:51 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The pillar of smoke came first, then the scent of it soon to follow as they neared the fire. Sitting up on Centos' back, looking out in the very near distance, trees in the way, it had to be the base? Unless there was a Pokemon nearby that had caused a wildfire...[break]
"Maybe it was a Pokemon... They have been trying to detain the paradox species... Maybe that caught up to them," Yuina wondered, in addition to mulling over the idea that they were not the only ones down within the chasm's depths. That didn't make the situation any less questionable, but it was something else that could have happened, something else that could be in the area with them...[break][break]
Keeping Centos still, easing the sword with a hand to the side of his neck, the sounds of wood crackling and the fire building were prominent. Doug moved in a bit closer, his chin on her shoulder, she wanted to smile... But the situation was different now. She nodded though, eyes cast back out to the black smoke ahead of them.[break][break]
"We should probably make sure the fire is contained too if we can... that way it doesn't spread," Yuina returned, moving and swinging her leg over to dismount from Centos, coming to hop down onto the grass below.

[break][break]

0Xol8r54

notes[break]
GC-A Excursion[break]
'I'll get you'[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 3:30:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

GC EXCURSION B

With

"Let's hope that none of them decided to linger, then."

He would rather face rocket grunts than Paradox pokemon.

He dismounted Centos shortly after Yuina, grass crunching beneath his heel as he landed in a low crouch, hand reaching beneath his pit for a pokeball.

"Right-o. Let's get this mess proper sorted, then. Kumon!" He reeled back before throwing his net ball, releasing an Araquanid unto the field.

"Yuina, Kumon. Kumon, Yuina." He said, introducing them to one another as he reached into the massive arachnid's water bubble to scratch beneath its jaws playfully. "We're on fire fighter duty today, love. Mind giving a hand?"

The spider made a sound that was not of this earth, but which sounded relatively friendly, as she turned towards the plume, prompting a smile from Doug as he pet her, the youth turning towards Yuina again.

"Atta girl. Shall we, th—?"

The air behind Doug and his spider twisted and turned as he spoke to Yuina.

TL;DR:
Current total = 582+84+37 = 703
vlUzl61Z