1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 20:06:11 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Yuina Higashi

If you lost your entire memory, your entire sense of self, do you dwell on it, or take an opportunity to build something new?

Time is... Relative, a concept, an arbitrary way to measure the moment's of one's life.

But when time has gone, disappeared, and you're left with what's essentially a new timer that's started back from zero, what do you do? Yuina's life started over again from square one when she arrived in Petalburg City, with no knowledge of who she was, where she was from, or even if Yuina is her real name. She's managed to make a meager living since then, but someone can't just start their life over and not wonder what their life was before? It's a plaguing question, an impossibly heavy sense of loss to carry, but when the only option is to keep moving forward...

Currently living in Petalburg City, Yuina is still desperately trying to work on her sense of self, her sense of belonging, even in knowing that this current self is not her whole self. She's learning, adapting, and making waves in putting herself out there as a Ranger, but at the end of the day she just wants to know... If there was a reason for this? If there was a reason her life started over? And does she need to be afraid of what happens if her two lives collide? Will they clash, or was the person she was before someone that could live in this life she's building now?

Beneath the Surface

Two Roads Diverged In A Yellow Wood, And I, I Can't Bear to Choose...

The main themes that Yuina's character are built around is the duality of one's self and having to make those tough decisions about who someone wants to be as a person. Not many people in life are given a chance to "start over" and actually wipe the slate clean, for themselves included, so how does one handle living a brand new life while knowing that your old life is still out there?
Playing on the heavy questions of if she was the same person as she is now, or could her life before exist with this new life? Does she prefer this new life, but how can she make that decision if she doesn't know what her old life was like? And would the people in this new life still be here if her old life surfaces?

In the midst of it all, the struggle of wanting to know and not wanting to know are there as well, with the thought of what if she's not that person any more, and what if she wasn't the person that she is now? The longer she builds in this new life, the more painful it will be to have it disrupted, but how could she go on without knowing if people are looking for her, missing her?

There are so many poignant questions that have come up that have made this narrative very dynamic, and it will all boil down to what happens when her two lives actually collide? And when they do, which life will she align with and lead from there?

CURRENT PLOTS

Friends and Relations

Without a sense of belonging, living a life can be lonely, so the more friends and relationships that Yuina can build, a support network, the better. For the short term at least. The more friends and relationships she builds in this new life, the harder it will be if her two lives clash, but... That's not a right now thought, Yuina really does like making friends...

SEEKING:

• All kinds of friends and relationships, Yuina tries to be kind to everyone, and if they show her kindness back, they could probably be friends
  • Other forms of a support network, outside of friends, whether it be mentors, trainers, higher ups that can continue to take her and guide her
  • Anybody looking for a room/housemate type situation? Yuina would like to look at a more permanent, and more 'her' living situation, maybe with someone who is involved with the same things she is? Otherwise, she's a Ranger, so she doesn't spend a lot of time at home anyway
Training and Experience

Needless to say, starting from the ground up in a place that harbors as much danger and trouble as Hoenn does, doesn't always exactly bode well for being able to keep up with the pace and roll with the punches. Yuina has been doing her best, trying to research Pokemon, learn about them as much as she can, but there's only so much that self guided learning can do.

Yuina has been making a name for herself as an Elite Rank Ranger, but she still has a lot to learn about Pokemon, battle strategy, the harsh environments of the Hoenn Region, what other things have gone on that have lead to some of the more recent things happening, and self defense. She definitely needs to continue to work on herself and hone her skills if she expects to be able to keep herself alive the next time someone from Team Rocket gets a hold of her...

SEEKING:

• Battle strategies, Pokemon training, and general practice of how to work with her Pokemon in effective and impactful ways
  • Lore and recent history lessons, gaining a better of understanding of some of the phenomena that take place in Hoenn, and gaining a better understanding of what she can do as a Ranger to help
  • SELF DEFENSE, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP HER
The 'Past Life'

Unbeknownst to Yuina, in her 'past life' she was a very prominent and successful Pokemon Hunter/Poacher commonly contracted by Team Rocket. She had outstanding knowledge of Pokemon behaviors, habitats, weaknesses, and a pack of Pokemon primed for hunting that allowed her to do her job very well and very efficiently. She has no memory of this, and there have only been the smallest, tiniest hints presented to her thus far about this past life.

Most notably is the overwhelming and compelling sense that she has to be involved in everything that she's done so far and will continue to do as if she's making up for something. She doesn't know why she feels so strongly that she has something she needs to atone for or prove, but she can't stop herself from throwing herself into things that give her a gold star on her behavior chart in essence.

This is going to be a slow burn as far as plots go, I want her 'new life' to be established and comfortable before really starting to explore who she was and what she did before, and starting to really uncover those memories for her in one way or another, but the more ties to Rockets that can be built initially, the harder it will be for her to refute her past.

SEEKING:

• General Rocket conflict, those rose colored glasses definitely need to go
  • Maybe rivals and regular adversaries that she encounters
  • Her 'hunting' party, her Pokemon are still out there, including a Shadow Arcanine. She might not be the same person in essence as she was back then, but a trained Pokemon will remember and obey its trainer
Lost in Time

Just recently, through the events of Blood, Mud, and Iron, Yuina came to understand that she had been lost in a time-space distortion and lived a short life in the Hisui region. This is where she was given her name, Yuina Higashi, and where she met the handful of the Hisuian Pokemon that she trains with.

Now she wants to know everything that she can about everything that there is about Hisui, about the Pokemon, about Time-Space distortions, about powers or entities beyond that could be related to these phenomena. She can't help but wonder, was she lost to time by accident, or was it intentional? Was some power out there trying to wash her away from the present? A voice called out to her in the midst of a very powerful time-space distortion during Blood, Mud, and Iron...

What if the person that she is now is the person she was always meant to be? And she had to lose her life before to achieve that?

SEEKING:

• Historians or scientists who are studying time-space distortions
  • Any information about more powerful Pokemon or entities that could be involved in things like time travel, memories, and other such constructs

OTHER PLOT HOOKS

PAST CONNECTIONS

• Nothing yet

NEW CONNECTIONS

• Nothing yet

RELATIONS

ACQUAINTANCES & COLLEAGUES

• --

FRIENDS

• --

LOVERS

• --

ENEMIES

• --
[googlefont="Poppins"]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 20:41:00 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
, Hello and welcome to Hoenn! I saw in the plotter hooks that Yuina's in need of friends so here's my main bean, Elise!

She has a Johtonian mother whose maternal lineage are Ecruteakian priestesses said to have divine clairvoyant powers (but really they just use any Pokemon capable of learning Future Sight or Psychic type Pokemon) and a Galarian father who's a Prince of Galar. While she's born and raised in Ecruteak City, Elise will totally understand Yuina on social troubles given that she's really shy and introverted due to her past experience with childhood bullying and generally not being good around newer people. Aside from being a princess of Galar (courtesy of being Remiel's younger cousin), she works as the Galarian Ambassador of Hoenn!

Elise is also pretty fond of her ghost Pokemon, she'll show her babies every chance she gets.

A shopping thread does sound nice to do, I probably haven't done much on those. Let me know if you've got other ideas. <3
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 21:11:11 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[googlefont="Tangerine"][googlefont="Lato"][googlefont="Oswald"]
[attr="class","mainbox"]
[attr="class","innerbox"]
[attr="class","heading"] &&

[attr="class","subs"]friends
[attr="class","content"]
Unsure if you’ll care or not but he’s only thirteen. I think it would be amusing for the to meet. For someone who has an eidetic memory to meet someone with no memory. He does enjoy exploring so he wouldn’t mind showing her around. He’ll probably be riding his Hisuian Zoroark though since he struggles to get around normally due to weak lungs.

[newclass=".mainbox"]width:400px;padding:10px;border:solid 10px #cecece;background-color:#dedede;color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".heading"]font-family:'Tangerine', bold;font-size:40px;text-align:center;border-bottom:solid 1px #949494;[/newclass]
[newclass=".innerbox"]background-color:#fff;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subs"]font-family:'Oswald', bold;font-size:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".content"]font-family:'Lato', sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:justify;color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[attr="class","mainbox"]

[attr="class","subs"]relation type tbd
[attr="class","content"]
Wonder if she would immediately dislike him. Due to his past he’s jaded so he’s not always the friendliest person. Though he tries to his it he has a soft spot for Pokémon or anyone who needs help. His dad was abusive so he just doesn’t trust people easily. And he can find it hard to know what he should do with someone being kind to him. But he’s training to be a ranger so if she needed a tour guide he would be willing to help.

[newclass=".mainbox"]width:400px;padding:10px;border:solid 10px #cecece;background-color:#dedede;color:#000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".heading"]font-family:'Tangerine', bold;font-size:40px;text-align:center;border-bottom:solid 1px #949494;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subs"]font-family:'Oswald', bold;font-size:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".content"]font-family:'Lato', sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:justify;color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[attr="class","mainbox"]

[attr="class","subs"]friends
[attr="class","content"]
Opal my only girl character. And my cinnamon roll of a character. She’s friendly and always out to make more friends. The touring thing isn’t really for her though due to the fact that she’s blind and paralyzed from the waist down. But I’m up for a shopping thread.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 22:08:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
Omg this is so exciting! Thank you both for already looking at my character! <3

Shopping with ghost mom sounds like so much fun haha! Yuina for sure doesn't have a taste in clothing, so lowkey getting some cool vibe witchy things, lots of flowy stuff and maybe a tea set would be such a great time lol, I'm down for friends if you'd want to get them together sometime!

All three of your characters sound like fun in their own way! It would be hilarious to see what two vastly different memory spectrums do interacting together, and she for sure would want to meet a ranger type person, show her the ropes about what goes on and things! And Yuina can definitely see past disabilities and make friends regardless, Opal sounds like a sweet cinnamon roll for sure!
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 22:31:42 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
That's a good idea! I can make the starter if you don't mind! Just getting to some posts first.
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 22:54:37 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
Thank you. Yeah though due to GG he’s forgotten some stuff. But yeah I feel he would be curious about her lack of memory not just because he has eidetic memory but also from a scientific stand point. Well he do what he can Ever’s only been in Hoenn from three years. He’s originally from Galar but he has been able to learn his way around. Yeah I could see her and Opal being good friends. I’m fine starting any of these or all if you would prefer. I like having a lot of threads to work on.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 23:13:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

That sounds great! I think it'll be fun to see what happens! And the Amigo app is the perfect way for them to have interacted before to meet up!

I'm good with any or all three, a combination thereof, I think it all sounds fun! With each of your characters being so different, we could even do different kinds of threads! Maybe a wild with Absalom, a mission with Ever, and a social with Opal?
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 23:41:38 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
I’m fine with that. I’m fine with starting any of them. Are there particular Pokémon types you want? Axel prefers normal types. As for missions was there a particular mission you wanted? For the social perhaps the mall or somewhere else. All my characters can be found anywhere so I’m not real picky with location

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 23:50:10 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

I'm not after anything in particular, I'm open to see what happens! We could go to route 101 or Mauville Hills for normal types if you're good with either of those? And I'm good for any mission since Yuina has done none, she needs to get out there and do some things to understand what she's supposed to do in the league haha
And a social anywhere sounds good, the mall, or if Opal has any hobbies/places she visits in particular?
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:27:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
&

As we discussed on Discord, Thomas could be someone who could try to help her get used to life in Hoenn. If she were ever to regain her memories of Hisui, he'd definitely love to hear about it. Otherwise, he could totally be protective of her, making sure she doesn't get herself hurt too badly when she rushes off to deal with a wild Pokemon. She could even get him to open up more.

Normally, Thomas is a rather gruff person, a man of action over words. But he has a softer side he wears on his sleeve, as seen with his Ranch, and all of the Pokemon living peacefully.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:42:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

That sounds really nice! She's definitely just out here trying to figure out what this "new" life of hers is all about, and anyone that she has that can show her what it is to be part of the league, get to know Hoenn, the Pokemon, and all manner of other things sounds like a great companion to have!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 0:54:59 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Mauville Hills sounds great! And check for the Wooloo Mission, that sounds super fun! And there's always something at the mall! Maybe Opal needs some new art supplies?
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Yuina's Plotter
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 1:15:18 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
That all works. I’ll get us signed up for the mission.

Sorry accidentally edited my original post thought I quoted it

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights