awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GC EXCURSION C: freya & greyson
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 18:43:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it was a startling realization, knowing that there are so many people she now trusts to accompany her into a place like this. people who have proven, time and time again, that she can rely on them to have her back. and more startling is her desire to take the plunge with them. 

fafnir stands attentively nearby. her salamence are too big (save for ori) and her roaring moon will draw unwanted attention to them down here. 

she squats, sygna suit inert but still providing protection from the elements as she assesses unfamiliar footprints in the ground. 

"have you seen these before?"

j7gaR0pD
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 20:23:16 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Greyson dismounts and joins the Councilwoman, allowing the mare to explore and graze this new lush zone. Grunting as he takes a knee, he inspects the unfamiliar tracks.

"I haven't." Feeling as if that wasn't enough, he does his best to expand upon the comment further. "They're large — a ton? Maybe more? Could be something new we've never seen."

Pushing himself up from his knees, he stretches slightly before turning to look at the wilderness beyond.

"How've you been anyways? Haven't caught up much."

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

Ds5b2x5B

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 23:10:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"i could be wrong, but - " she says, sweeping aside a fern. a distinct set of footprints - three front talons could be anything, but it's the odd smear of dirt behind them, as though fur brushed against heel, that makes her think of the dragon from the tera caverns underneath the league headquarters. 

she doesn't finish her sentence, distracted instead by his pleasantries. she stands and motions to fafnir to follow. 

"tired. busy. same old. gym summit was a shitshow. that reminds me - have you used dynamax yet?"

RXY5QoGq
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 3:17:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Outwardly pleasant, but inwardly conflicted, Greyson puts on the most natural smile he can artificially produce. It wasn't as difficult as he thought — he liked Freya. But, the revelation at the last council meeting had placed him in a.. difficult position.

He focuses on the conversation, pushing idle thoughts to the back.

"I haven't." He was equal parts excited, and terrified, to embrace the new way forward. The power — the capability — would change warfare forever.

"Not sure I'll ever get used to the idea of a Pokémon growing to like 20x its size."

M5xrXqKa

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 5:25:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
but would it change things for good? for better? she can't believe that. not in the long run. talk about the ramifications of extended use, the lack of science behind it. and all for what? to fight in an endless war against a terrorist organization until something bigger and badder and meaner comes along.

she runs her tongue along her teeth. 

"not sure we should get used to it," she says with a frown. another few broken twigs and overturned fronds show them their path. fafnir stays at the ready.

"most of us anyway. oh, i think i found something. i think whatever it is, it's hunting."

I_eoCxW_
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 13:56:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Won't find an argument from me there," he says easily. Warfare advances naturally -- that was an undeniable truth. But this? It held implications beyond the norm.

"Ah," his attention shifts back to the tracks. "I guess that makes sense." He wasn't a trained hunter, or Ranger, by any means, so he leans heavily on Freya's interpretation.

"Hm. They seem fresh enough. We can probably track... whatever this is easily enough."

M5xrXqKa

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 23:11:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her thoughts turn, inevitably, back to the gym leader summit and the discussions that had followed therein. they'd chased each other's tails for well over an hour, chattering about the anxieties of dynamax, rather than solidify a strategic plan to employ it. 

some of them outright refused. 

all of this, she's sure greyson knows. the minutes had been catalogued, the summary typed in a sterile document, lacking all the venom in the words she'd used to cut alexei with. 

fafnir snorts and distracts her. a scorch-marked tree, its bark sodden and furrowed with deep scars. brown fur is stuck in parts of the bark and different tracks mingle with the others they'd been following. 

"signs of a fight. i think it - " 

a crash a click away from them. 

"close by. faf?" the dragonite clenches his fists, ready for a brawl. "connors?"

WXlc1SH2
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 14:29:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]The crashing sound spikes Greyson's adrenaline, and his heart responds in thunderous cadence alongside.

This kind of thing always sent heat through his blood, fueleded by the desire of a battle worthy of his attention.

Now, for some reason, he hesitates. His mind flashes to a massive battlefield -- to a missing eye and a titanic vespiquen.

And panic grips him.

Swallowing thickly beneath a quickly paced breathe, he finds his fists clenching unconsciously, and releases the tension.

Exhaling a low, silent hiss, he turns to Freya and puts on his... not worst smile.

"Shall we?"

All the while a small quiet part of him wishes she'd say no.

M5xrXqKa

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 23:38:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"you needn't ask twice," she says with a grin. fafnir's antennae twitch. he looks over his shoulder and then turns his bulky body as the crashing in the foliage gets closer and closer. a large, dark shape ducks under gnarled tree limbs, studded with crystals. 

the two of them instantly recognize the creature, of course. it's akin to the one that attacked them in the tunnels underneath league hq. a purple mane flows down its side. rough claws dig furrows into the earth and twin tails snap as those yellow eyes narrow at them. 

fafnir grunts once, for direction, and then again as one crackling fist makes contact with the walking wake's crown. 

i remembered to roll
x|ZUUiao
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 4:50:02 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]A scaled azure hide and a flowing purple mane spark the fires of familiarity. Atop the galloping mare his anxiousness peaks, fingers wrapped in the tufts of her short-haired mane.

Freya, of course, engages the creature with all the reckless ferocity of a dragon. Not one to be out-done, even if his stomach clenches at the idea, he nudges the mare forward even faster.

A

morning sun

hangs high in the sky behind her, blinding the Paradox mythical, as she charges forth with a

megahorn

that glitters with prismatic light.

4vq2eWXS

[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 21:47:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the dragon reels from the attack. sparks of electricity scatter over its mane and it shakes its head in frustration, leaving it completely vulnerable to greyson's attack. freya shields her eyes, blinded by the light, but hears the agonized snarls of their attacker. 

when she blinks away the sun spots, fafnir is grappling with the beast; every muscle is strained with exertion and as she watches, he begins to buckle. 

it took hoenn's elite four and their next best combatants to take down one of these things. they're severely outmatched here. 

and at that thought, another growl emanates from behind them. 

i remembered to roll
yudkOJfe
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 18:09:53 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]The ground vibrates beneath the newcomers growl, the rumble deepening as Greyson and his Rapidash turn to face the creature.

A massive 1-ton creature resembling an Entei stands before them, legs spread and body-low, poised for an inevitable strike. It's headpiece glistens beneath a mid-day sun, the golden spears protruding still covered in blood that could be no more than a day old. A

dragon claw

glistens azure as it raises to strike them.

Against his better instincts, and years of training, Greyson freezes. His eyes widen, blood turning cold in his veins as his breath hitches. Nothing comes to mind; no defense, no counter-attack. As death looms, he can do nothing to meet it.

But Rae is different. The mare rears up on her hindlegs, surprising Greyson enough to toss him from the saddle, and kicks out in defense.

The Entei sweeps it, and her aside, in one glancing blow.

Landing on his back, air forced from his lungs, Greyson can only heave for oxygen as he watches the Rapidash tumbles onto her side.

Dread fills him.

2UujOl_o

[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#cec8ef;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 21:35:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
to say freya has struggled with trust issues would be the understatement of the century. and it's here that those trust issues come in handy - rather than become complacent, assuring herself that greyson can cover her back, she rips free the ball of the one creature she can trust with her life. 

one of fafnir's legs gives out and he falls to his knee with a grunt, claws unlocking from the snarling walking wake's maw so he can tuck into a roll.

her sygna suit flares to life. she snarls in another language when she sees the fae horse fall; lyune surges towards the false entei with claws outstretched and freya lunges at the walking wake wielding her shortsword. 

flames crawl down her gauntlets. the tether that binds her to lyune strengths and her own dragon claw slashes the wake's exposed hide. 

"connors, get your ass in gear," she snaps. the shimmering hexagonal barrier lyune conjures in front of himself and rae shatters with one blow from their new adversary and immediately, the dragons are at each other's throats. 

"they can't fly. get on his back - " she parries, voice clipped - "and get out."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 0:59:58 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]
[attr="class","postruinstxt"]
[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
"Fuck you."

It comes out in-between breathes, each syllable drenched in anger, and hatred. Freya might not have known, but it wasn't entirely directed at her. He spares no expense in self-deprecation, or in the look of unfiltered rage he gives the Entei.

With a struggle he pushes himself to one knee, the hiss of an inflating lung buried beneath the backdrop of a savage fight. He pushes for volume in his voice, not caring enough to strip the anger before it reaches the councilwoman's ears.

"Call off your D-Dragon. This one is mine." Greyson tests his left arm and finds it wanting. Was it broken? Sprained? Adrenaline keeps the pain at bay, but it wouldn't last long. He needed to set the groundwork before he couldn't.

Having enough effort to only do one action at a time, he settles for releasing another Pokemon. Tufts of yellow and red emerge from white light, the Delphox turning her nose up at the commotion. Around Greyson's neck his TERA ORB glimmers violet, and soft fur of Delphox crystalizes. Above her, an all encompassing void.

With a groan, Greyson finally stands, just in time to watch a powerful PSYCHIC energy encompass the fire-mythical. With a flick of will Autumn sends the creature flying into a nearby tree.

[attr="class","postruinsdice"]
57NDQgTQ

[newclass=.postruinsbg]width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #cec8ef;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt] font:12.5px Roboto Condensed; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:55%; margin-bottom:-120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:51:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her instant reaction is an old friend - anger flickers over her like a flame, igniting over the sweat licking her body. it would have been simple; the two of them escape on both dragons, or at the very least give them some breathing room. some type of advantage. 

another skkkkkrrrrrk as she heaves the blade between herself and the walking wake's snapping jaws. fafnir comes between them, wings unfurled and snapping at the air to give freya a chance to dart to her left and swipe another blow against the side of its neck. 

the thick mane swallows the sword and she's forced to withdraw, knowing full well she won't be able to pierce its hide. 

this one is mine. 

"are you serious right - " she starts, but her breath wheezes out of her as fafnir is tossed like a ragdoll and its swinging momentum carries its twin tails straight into her chest. 

his terrastalized delphox throws the entei away from them and gives lyune time to whirl and cover freya. painful lungfuls of air whistle down her throat. she clumsily hauls herself up and snarls. frenzied vines spurt from the ground, ensnaring the walking wake. 

"get your shit together, greyson, and fall back. i'm not dying down here."