jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
RKS: JACK & BEAU
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 0:53:35 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in the Hoenn desert. However, upon scrutinizing the area, you realize this is not the Hoenn of modern day. The people around you look like they belong to an old civilization. Busily, they work at constructing what appears to be a temple or tomb among the great dunes of this place.[break][break]

When asked, a worker says, "We are creating a great protector. Eons ago, a great star fell from the heavens and landed here. We are finally able to harness its power. Go. Take a look!"[break][break]

You enter the incomplete tomb to see a large chunk of some unknown purple material. Red veins pulse throughout it like blood—or poison. It emanates a great power. Before it, several boulders are set against each other.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Disturb the boulders.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 1:18:22 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Jack blinked at the simulation, feeling disorienting stuck between a computer game and an alternate universe. Nodding uncertainly to the worker outside the tomb, Jack glanced at Beau before stepping inside.[break][break]

"Kinda strange," Jack said aloud, to on one in particular. His gaze swept the room, taking in the strange purple apparatus and the pile of boulders.[break][break]

"Do you think those people have been stacking these boulders up to guard the tomb?" Jack asked Beau, giving them a wide berth as he approached the purple shard of fallen star. "It doesn't look like a meteorite to me, though." Jack glanced at Beau again as he moved his hand to hover over the surface of the object.[break][break]

TOUCH THE PURPLE CHUNK

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– RKS SIMULATION: Esse Est Percipi 2.0

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:38:51 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Whoa, trippy," Beau commented as the simulation took hold, wincing as his first introduction to the RKS system was an errant gust of wind that blew a spray of sand directly into his face.
[break][break]
Opting to remove himself from the assault of a foe he could not possibly hit back effectively, Beau oriented on Jack and followed him into the tomb quickly, dusting himself off and taking in his surroundings, blinking. "You got me, brah," he shrugged, bending down to examine the floor. "They said they were creating a great protector, is it just the building? I guess that would be pretty good at protecting stuff."
[break][break]
Eyeing the purple stone suspiciously, Beau rose and approached behind Jack as the latter began to reach for it, furrowing his brow. "Yeah, no, it looks almost like it was...made that way?"
[break][break]
TOUCH THE PURPLE CHUNK

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation
[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]--accent:#5088b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:39:30 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You touch the purple chunk. Suddenly, you and everyone nearby is overtaken by a horrific vision of a skeletal dragon soaring above the planet, its ribs and claws as sharp as its tendrils. From a nearby meteoroid, a DEOXYS shoots outward. It attempts to attack the ETERNATUS.[break][break]

In the process, a fragment from the ETERNATUS' BODY falls toward the earth...[break][break]

All of you come to and see that the mysterious material is pulsing. With every pulse, the purple chunk begins to manipulate the spatial elements of reality around it and yourselves. Paranoia begins to settle in... before the scenario shifts.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Shift to the next scenario.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 23:39:46 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

His fingers had barely brushed the surface of the mysterious stone when his vision shifted. He witnessed the skeletal dragon, recognizing it from the Galarian legends as Eternatus. He inhaled sharply as the alien Deoxys struck and recognized the chunk break free from the dragon and fall to Hoenn as a meteorite.[break][break]

Jerking his hand away as his vision returned, Jack watched as reality seemed to warp and shift around the now glowing stone. His skin crawled as he felt Beau behind him and Jack stepped sideways, turning to face the man with a wary expression just as their environment blurred and shifted.

PROCEED TO STAGE 2

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 2:55:33 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau frowned in consternation as Jack bent over to touch the chunk of purple ore, then abruptly reeled backward as the vision overtook him. A shiver ran down his spine as he took in the sight of the two battling titans, and as the sight faded and the interior of the tomb came back into view, he backed away slowly from Jack and the now-pulsating stone, lifting his hands into the air defensively.
[break][break]
"What the hell was that?" he murmured, uncharacteristically shaken and blunt as a result. "Were those pokémon? An' that thing is part of that dragon thing?" He pointed toward the purple chunk as the air distorted around it, eyes wide. "What if these guys call it here? What if it wants to find the part of itself that fell off? We gotta tell 'em, we gotta-"
[break][break]
He turned to make for the exit of the tomb, only to find the world around him shifting and resolving into a new scenario. Right, they were in a simulation. Right.
[break][break]
PROCEED TO STAGE TWO.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 2:55:55 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]xerneas event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TREE OF LIFE 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a resplendent glade with a large white tree growing in its center. Although it is devoid of leaves or fruits, it is a sacred and splendid scene seemingly untouched for one thousand years. Around its base, Pokemon kneel though they do not seem alive. They've been petrified into absolute stone.[break][break]

Coming close, you sense the tree "speaking" to you. It beckons for you to water it.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Water it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO OR 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Burn it.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 17:33:39 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The unexpected shift left him disoriented, though the feeling of paranoia quickly faded as the simulation generated a new scenario. In its place, Jack was filled with reassurance at the sight of Beau materializing with him.[break][break]

Again his emotions shifted, filling him with sadness at the petrified pokemon around him, looking up at a strange tree in mute adoration. "It's just a simulation," he reminded himself aloud.[break][break]

Simulation or not, a feeling of reverence came upon him as he took turned toward the tree and its stark beauty. Wandering closer, he lifted his hand hesitantly to the trunk. He feared a repeat of the vision from the strange Eternatus vision but when his hand touched upon the smooth bark nothing happened.[break][break]

He was turning to look at Beau when he felt the tree sprout into his consciousness, asking to be watered. "Do you hear that?" Jack asked his friend, "I think it needs water."[break][break]

WATER IT

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 18:52:56 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau caught his breath as the scene around them resolved into a broad glade, and he gazed about in wonder. "Wow," he murmured, "Talk about whiplash." At Jack's comment, he nodded, though when he noticed the other man seemed more to be saying it to himself than to Beau, he offered Jack a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
[break][break]
When the other man moved forward to the tree, Beau stayed standing behind, squinting to examined the forms of a few of the petrified pokemon surrounding the glade. A quick glance at Jack told him that the other man was about to touch the tree, and he couldn't help a reflexive wince as he recalled what happened only moments prior in the tomb, but a silent sigh of relief deflated his chest as the danger seemed to pass.
[break][break]
His eyebrows raised as Jack made his inquiry, and Beau shrugged. "You got me, brah, but it's worth a shot!" He tossed a pokeball before thinking to question whether his pokemon would have made the transition into the simulation with the rest of him, but he was quickly gratified at the appearance of Nemo the Swampert, who promptly set to spraying the tree with a rippling wave of water from his mouth.
[break][break]
Beau ambled up next to Jack, nudging him slyly and grinning at the tree. "Can't hurt, right? I bet its bark is worse than its bite."

[break][break]
WATER IT.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 18:53:23 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]xerneas event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TREE OF LIFE 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You water the tree. Suddenly, you hear a crackling sound of moving wood, the bare tree's branches swaying as if alive. Around you, the petrified Pokemon stir alive. The stone crumbles apart as new fur, hide and scale emerge.[break][break]

The tree settles back into dormancy, but the Pokemon eventually turn to you in thanks.[break][break]

Curiously, these Pokemon feature brilliant markings that glow and glimmer beautifully in the dappled sunlight. Whether they were originally Illumina Pokemon or not is uncertain, but they shine bright with gratitude.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave the glade.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 0:03:46 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Startled by the sudden movement of the tree, Jack leapt back protectively in front of Beau. Hi fear quickly turned to wonderment as the pokemon returned to life, gazing upon the tree in reverence.[break][break]

"Way to go, mate!" Jack congratulated Beau with his own slap on the man's muscular back. Their attention drawn by his words, the restored pokemon turned toward Beau. Some of the larger ones nodded gratefully to the man while others chittered excitedly at him in their unique language or even ran to him to wrap their arms around his legs in adorable hugs or give a gentle headbutt against his arm.[break][break]

Jack stepped away from the crowd, beaming as his friend as he headed for the exit of the glade.[break][break]

LEAVE THE GLADE.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 18:32:38 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Whoa," Beau murmured as the tree swayed and crackled under the flow of crystalline water, the petrified pokemon shaking themselves free of inaction all around the glade in a rippling effect that seemed like something as natural as the tree itself instead of a supernatural phenomenon.
[break][break]
He couldn't keep the grin from spreading over his features as the newly de-stilled creatures turned to him, Jack, and each other, shining in gratitude. Even this was stifled, for the briefest moment, by a pang of hurt in his chest - these bright pokemon called to mind the tiny Stufful he'd only had for a handful of weeks, before it had been taken from him in the battle with Necrozma in Sootopolis.
[break][break]
Before everything went to hell.
[break][break]
"Miss you, little buddy," he whispered almost inaudibly, as if here, in this space between worlds, the Stufful he'd allowed to die could somehow hear him and forgive him. He didn't fool himself - there was no forgiving that. He should have known better, should have been more careful, shouldn't have allowed a vulnerable, young pokemon within miles of a battle like that.
[break][break]
At Jack's enthusiastic response to the pokemon waking up, Beau looked over at him and quickly schooled his features into a bright grin. The sharp pang in his chest dulled to a slow ache, and it was just heavy enough that he was able to follow Jack to the entrance of the glade as the world changed around them, calling Nemo back almost absently, and not give voice to the pain.
[break][break]
LEAVE THE GLADE.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 18:32:59 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]tao event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TAO DRAGONS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves atop a tall stone tower. There, you encounter a two robed men with a RESHIRAM and ZEKROM. The older one stands beside the RESHIRAM, while the younger stands across from him with a ZEKROM. The two resemble each other. The older shouts, "we must live in pursuit of the truth!"[break][break]

The younger retorts, "what does the truth matter should one's ideals be compromised?"[break][break]

The RESHIRAM and ZEKROM rush toward each other to clash in lightning and flame.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Truth.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Ideals.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
593 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 19:38:19 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Vertigo struck him as they appeared atop the tower, sending the scenery spinning for a brief moment until Jack regained his bearings. His eyes flickered between the two legendary dragons and he had to remind himself that this was a simulation before he panicked.[break][break]

As the two robed figures spoke, Jack tried to reflect on their statements but the sudden clashing of the dragons shook him quickly from his thoughts. Flames blossomed around them while lightning crackled in the skies. It appeared that both trainers, and their ethos, were evenly matched.[break][break]

"The world is a shitty place, that's the truth. But if we don't stick to our ideals then it will never get better," Jack said, mostly to Beau. The death of his parents, his torture at the ends of Rocket, all of the bad things that kept happening: it would all just keep happening if they didn't stand up to it. He looked to Beau, curious of his friend's stance on the conflict.[break][break]

SIDE WITH IDEALS.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
296 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 20:33:21 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau blinked as the scene resolved into the top of a tower, and he was personally incredibly proud that he only managed to utter a squeak instead of a scream at the sudden distance of the ground on all sides.
[break][break]
He watched as the two men argued with one another verbally, before their enormous dragon pokemon lunged for each other, and the accompanying flame and lightning that accompanied the clash. He nodded in agreement to Jack, calling out to the older man, "Nah, brah, truth changes! If your truth is that everything sucks, it's up to you to change it! If you have the right ideals it's what you make of it!"
[break][break]
He was forced back a step as a particularly large gout of flame roared up from the conflict, and he scowled. "Use your words, my dudes! Don't, like, fight this whole darn tower down!"
[break][break]
SIDE WITH IDEALS.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]