478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
az excursion a: parker & rhys
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:25:21 GMT
parker jones Avatar
amulius is still fluffy. the chicken's been put on edge because parker was put on edge by the mister shadow boss man himself. each step they took down through the fucking chasm reminded her of his stupid miasma and she'd hidden it, of course. like she always does. 

behind snappy remarks and a hell of a lot of i don't give a shit attitude. 

but that's exhausting and she's grumpy and WHERE IS HER GIRLFRIEND?

cell service!! doesn't work!! down here!! apparently!! none of her raunchy texts went through. none of her baby i miss you texts went through. and it's too fucking dangerous to explore alone soooo. 

"this shit's bananas," she says to her companion while she crouches down in a bush and the biggest motherfucking donphan she's ever seen in her LIFE rolls by. 

Uyya7Xq1
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
Developing the cure to your miserable existence.
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:53:50 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

A little cluster of dry weeds nearby Parker's hiding spot shakes as the Donphan rolls by, ostensibly from the movement of the ground, but also possibly from actual fear as the weeds hiss at Parker, "Hey, find your own damn bush!"
[break][break]
The air parts and twists around the little clump of dried foliage, revealing a disheveled Rhys, cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth, and a Hisuian Zoroark leaning over him protectively. "These things have been coming back and forth all afternoon, and I can't get any further!" he grumbles, glancing warily in the direction the Donphan had gone.
[break][break]
"I was supposed to set up for observation, but I can't do that if I'm liable to get flattened every time one of these things decides it's time for a salad!" He raises up, just enough, to peek along the next stretch of the chasm, apparently empty at this point. He takes a long drag from his cigarette and tosses it to the ground, stubbing it out with his heel.
[break][break]
"I'm heading to the next spot. You gonna sit there all day or did you have a better plan?" he inquires blandly.
[break][break]
IN7l7lsV

[break][break]
Total: 53

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: AZ Excursion A: Explore

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]--accent:#54C797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 20:05:27 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"but your bush is so nice and full and do you use conditione - fuck." she ducks down as the rumbling robot stops, red lights blinking, and when fear takes a shit right on her heart, it finally starts up again. she straightens, pink locks tangled with brambles and leaves, and gives the aggravated man and his scary ghost fox a bit of distance. 

"do they like, follow a pathing track?" she asks. "like npcs?"

'cause then it's just about figuring out what that path is and sneaking through it. stealth mission time! except parker's never been good at those sections in any game; halfway through, she always alerts the enemies anyway and ends up slaughtering them. 

more fun that way, honestly. 

"sheesh, who pissed in your cheerios? also wait, are you in the science wing? you know nomes? d'you know where she is?"

no more rumbles. she takes a tentative step out, shakes off some twigs, and looks at her uneasy blaziken. 

"don't worry. we're smarter 'an these tin cans."

TYAu5xme
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 1:25:40 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Rhys squinted at the woman. NPCs? Oh, a gamer. Probably makes this whole thing a little easier, if he's honest. "Best as I can tell, yeah, as long as they don't get any friends from down the road. These things are more like robots than actual pokemon, but if that's the case, who or what built them?"
[break][break]
He spends a moment scratching his head, then grimaces at her retort. "Sorry, sorry, I just hate field work on days like this. My head's all over." He takes a moment to straighten his tie in an attempt to visibly pull himself together, though the motion leaves the neckwear more crooked and bedraggled than when he started. "Yeah, yes. I'm Rhys." He blinks, processing what has to be a nickname of some kind. "Nomes? You mean Dr. Sat- er, Nomi?" Some habits were hard to break.
[break][break]
"No, I haven't seen her in probably a week," he admits. "She loaned me space in one of the labs to do some work, but I haven't checked in with her for more than an e-mail recently. Why, do you know her?"
[break][break]
The coast seemed clear for the moment, and he beckoned to Parker and her Blaziken before setting off, veering along the path to the rocky wall of the chasm and hugging it closely as he proceeded forward. "We oughtta be, at that," he nods, grinning. "Should have about thirty seconds or so before the next run, stick close and Ev might be able to cover you and Firebird there too."
[break][break]
3wrk3YDp

[break][break]
Total: 158

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:49:36 GMT
parker jones Avatar
oh, well that helps clear this up. if they're just silly, mindless robots (they're not parker; they at least have ai. please...), then this'll be a piece of cake. no more squatting in the bushes for the two of them. they just need to play it safe, keep low, and avoid any weird sensors their bodies might have. 

"oh, shit, don't sweat it," she says and claps a meaty hand on his shoulder. if anyone gets hating 'fieldwork,' she does. it's like a negative pavlovian response for her at this point. nomi, darlingly, says 'babe, we're going out to do some fieldwork' and inside part of her dies. 

but her fingers tighten, just a smidge, when he says she loaned him space. he hasn't checked in with her and why, does she know her?

"uhyeah, that's my wife-irlfriend. girlfriend." HUH? 

???

she ignores that. blazes right past that. yanks her hand back and follows him doggedly when he veers off the path. amulius has thoughts on being called firebird, but she doesn't even notice the annoyed clicking of his beaky muzzle. 

"anyway, if you're goin' where the science is, she's prob'ly there. but don't worry. i'm like, grade a bodyguard material. certified scientist protector. nomes said it was impressive when i told her i beat the head of an iron - what'd she call it...iron boulder! yeah, gave it a good thump 'n made it mine.

"oh, fuck, what's that?"

she asks and points at a weird, big dog lapping at a stream.

_XtCX4Tr
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:47:45 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Relief registers dimly in the back of his mind as Parker rests her hand on his shoulder, and he's reasonably assured that his snippy attitude had been let slide. He figured that was important for first impressions, even with the gigantic death machines rolling back and forth through this portion of the Area.
[break][break]
Relief turned immediately into fear once again as he felt her grip tighten - fuck, not the wife-irlfriend. Then again, he supposed that was a good explanation for Nomi glancing at her phone in the middle of his experiment reviews and going a shade of pink to rival her hair. He snuck a glance to Parker before returning it ahead of him. Huh, opposites attract, he supposes.
[break][break]
"Oh, g-great," he grins broadly, proud that he only lets one stutter slip. "Yeah, the spot shouldn't be much further in, but I wasn't ready for these things. Guess that's why they're sending us, though, yeah?"
[break][break]
No Iron Big Wheels are trundling down the path to them, so he takes the opportunity to move ahead with his new companion, listening to about half of what she has to say in favor of keeping his eyes peeled for potential imminent bodily injury. "Wait, you beat one of these things with your BARE HANDS?"
[break][break]
Hdv4KpAf

[break][break]
Total: 293

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 6:40:00 GMT
parker jones Avatar
well, it's probably why they're sending parker. they're sending him to do the actual important work. like getting the fancy schmany samples from the dirt so they can find out all the new and terrifying ways hoenn and its population are royally fucked. eh, but orders are orders and them's the brakes.

"yeah, maybe," she says and thinks oh, nomi, my sweet, you better be there. i'd hate to have to break all these toys down here before you get to play with them.

his exclamation makes her grin like a madwoman and she flexes her biceps haughtily before laughing and going, "fuck no. i mean, yeah, but the thing beat my ass and really it wasn't my bare hands. i was wearin' my brass knuckles. gottem as a gift from i- i gotta pee."

her brain catches up to her mouth. she looks at her partner. then at the bushes. then back at him. 

"nevermind."

something run them over. please. 

"hey-look-is-that-it-over-there?" she says in one long rush and traipses ahead.
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 1:07:05 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Oh, sure," Rhys replies faintly. "The brass knuckles make the difference." He dug a finger into his ear, but no, he didn't appear to be hearing things. Who in the hell was this woman? Is having a screw loose part and parcel of operating 'extracurriculars' in the region, and he'd missed the memo?
[break][break]
Well, he had his own screws loose, but none that had him running headfirst at a wild Paradox pokemon to punch it. He briefly thought that his erstwhile companion had a lot in common with that asshole () from Sootopolis, and idly wondered what it would look like for them to meet.
[break][break]
Shaking his head, he snapped out of that thought immediately. There were some apocalyptic scenarios that did not need consideration.
[break][break]
Her subsequent comment has Rhys immediately digging into his ear again, but no, still no obstruction or ringing. He immediately colors and raises his eyebrows nervously, unsure how to respond, but is saved from having to do so by Parker darting off ahead.
[break][break]
"Yeah, no, we're almost there. Is she supposed to be out on one of these digs?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 3:37:37 GMT
parker jones Avatar
her iron boulder definitely thinks so. maybe she imagined it, but it didn't seem all too happy to have basically been keyed on the face and now that perfect chromium is scarred forever, jones style. 

whatever. she's just thankful he's more caught up on that than her almost-slip-up. she still has a love hate relationship with , but he'd inevitably crossed the line in the sand when parker looked at nomi and said 'fuck it, i'm all in.' 

if they're going to be damned, they might as well be damned together. 

"yeah, she said she was comin' down here. gods, she even offered me one of the fuckin' letters so i could teleport to her, but i was all like 'nooo, i can do this by myself!' and look at us now. almost getting squashed 'n run over and FUCK, SHE'S NOT HERE!" they're at the research station, alright, but it's a ghost town. 

there's some sort of high tech drill turned over on its side, waiting to be wielded by someone who knows what they're doing. it looks like it was set up meticulously and then consequently abandoned. 

ugh. one of the scout parties probably set it up before continuing onward (hey, she reads her reports sometimes, okay?)

she plops down and fishes for her water bottle.

"got everything y'need here? i'll stay a bit. make sure 'em machines don't come 'n fuck ya up. then i got a scientist to find. you're pretty chill, by the way, s'far as most rockets go."
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 4:16:12 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Letters? What le- oh," Rhys cuts himself off. The Unown, yeah, those seemed to be Nomi's thing. Creeped him out, a little bit, sometimes, but he'd worked in all manner of places with security cameras all over, so on some level having Nomi on the other end of them was a step up from his previous employment.
[break][break]
"Oh, damn it," he sighs, shoulders slumping as they reached the research station to find it empty. He'd been hoping for another scientist down here to get things rolling, and clearly Parker had been looking for the same - or one scientist in particular, anyway, so at least they were both disappointed. Misery did love company.
[break][break]
"Ev, go check the drill, make sure nothing's been chewing on it while it's been unsupervised, I've already seen two of these get almost totaled, and I'm not taking my chances at this point." He unshoulders his satchel and begins rummaging through it. "Yeah, this oughtta do," he replies, glancing at Parker over his shoulder.
[break][break]
"Hang out if you like, and thanks for the company. Fucking robots," he grunts, coming out of his satchel with a small data pad that he begins poking at. "I'd say I'm glad you think so, but I know what you mean. Some of these guys...yeesh," he trails off, partly because he doesn't want to go into it and partly because he doesn't want anything to get around if he did say something.
[break][break]
He moves into the station proper, head in his data pad. No rest for the weary or the wicked, it seemed.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,020 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 4:24:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: