DANE FAIRCHILD
temporary
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 4:33:49 GMT
DANE FAIRCHILD Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dane fairchild"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

having done extensive (brief) research on hoenn in the limited time he had before moving, he has with him a list of potential hotels he could stay at while looking for a more permanent place.[break][break]

fresh off the boat from johto, dane navigates through the streets of lilycove, taking in the city for what it has to offer. for most of it, he stays in the shade, not yet used to the heat.[break][break]

"hey," he greets behind the counter of the palmer hotel. "do you have rooms available?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".fairchild"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".dane"] --accent: #716075 } .dane b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .dane { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .dane i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .dane .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .dane .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .dane .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .dane .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .dane .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".dane .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dane .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .dane .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .dane .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

em, emi
she/her
twenty four
february 18th
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
hotel employee
cadet
5'4" height
5'4" height
we are shining and we'll never be afraid again.
awards
7 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emilia
emilia palmer
temporary
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:55:43 GMT
emilia palmer Avatar
[attr="class","emilia"]
[attr="class","emilia b"]
[attr="class","emilia i"]she blinks, her head snapping up at the sound of the hotel's entrance chiming. so far, it's been a slow morning...

and the guest approaches her desk first, as you do when first arriving in the lobby. she places a bright, friendly smile into place, and chooses to ignore the slight shyness that follows.

"hi, welcome to the palmer hotel!"

does that sound too upbeat? too much for how early it is?

"i do - do you have a preference on the number of beds or a view?"

[newclass=.emilia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.emilia b] color: #465D46; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.emilia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #465D46; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dane
he/him
twenty-four
january 1st
mahogany, johto
bisexual
groundskeeper
grunt
6'2" height
6'2" height
A FLICKER IN THE DARK AGAIN
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dane
DANE FAIRCHILD
temporary
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 8:53:49 GMT
DANE FAIRCHILD Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it does sound slightly too upbeat but only because of how early in the day it is. he blinks, caught a little off guard by it only to respond with a soft chuckle.[break][break]

"sorry, i wasn't expecting such a vibrant response. i take it you're a morning person?"[break][break]

at her next question, his head shakes.[break][break]

"i'm fine with whatever."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".dane"] --accent: #716075 } .dane b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .dane { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .dane i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .dane .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .dane .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .dane .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .dane .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .dane .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".dane .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dane .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .dane .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .dane .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

em, emi
she/her
twenty four
february 18th
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
hotel employee
cadet
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
7 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emilia
emilia palmer
temporary
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 2:09:54 GMT
emilia palmer Avatar
[attr="class","emilia"]
[attr="class","emilia i"]at the reaction, she deflates a little - definitely too much...

"sorry, no, um, i'm not much of a morning person."

her cheeks color pink. the front desk is supposed to be cheerful no matter the time of day, but she's awkward in the role. it's as if she's a small child playing dress up in clothes way too big.

"okay, one moment..."

soft taps of a keyboard echo around them and she skims through the list of vacancies on her screen before her eyes lift back up toward his.

"how does a single with a beach view sound?"

[newclass=.emilia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.emilia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #465D46; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dane
he/him
twenty-four
january 1st
mahogany, johto
bisexual
groundskeeper
grunt
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dane
DANE FAIRCHILD
temporary
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 5:51:14 GMT
DANE FAIRCHILD Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

guilt hits him when her mood visibly deflates, dulling to match his. he normally wouldn't have cared but she seems too nice. then again, isn't that expected from the front desk?[break][break]

"that's fine."[break][break]

when met with silence, he figures it best to fill it with small talk even when he normally wouldn't have.[break][break]

"i, um, just moved to hoenn."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"where would you go for seafood around here?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

em, emi
she/her
twenty four
february 18th
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
hotel employee
cadet
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
7 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emilia
emilia palmer
temporary
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 20:15:17 GMT
emilia palmer Avatar
[attr="class","emilia"]
[attr="class","emilia i"]a small smile rises at his passive confirmation. she takes it as a sign of doing good, of not throwing a wrench into his plans, of being made for this.

"okay."

a few clicks and he's assigned to the room. she doesn't quite grab his key yet, however, for the small talk distracts her. she sparks with mild life, interest bubbling up into something less cookie cutter professional.

"oh, really? where are you coming from?"

she's jealous, in a small trivial sort of way. she thinks of him as travelled, well seasoned in vast places and she's been cooped up here in hoenn her whole life.

and yet, he asks her for recommendations as if he cares of her opinion and her supposed expertise in the local scene. it's flattering in the most bare minimal of places. somehow, she comes further to life as she sheds lambskin to animatedly give a suggestion.

"there's a couple places around lilycove, but my personal favorite is the chowder pot. their lobster mac n cheese is godsent, i swear."

close tab

played by

noodles

dane
he/him
twenty-four
january 1st
mahogany, johto
bisexual
groundskeeper
grunt
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dane
DANE FAIRCHILD
temporary
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 5:44:46 GMT
DANE FAIRCHILD Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"johto. mahogany, to be exact."[break][break]

he would ask her if she's been but the way she looks at him with such interest tells a story of its own. judging by what he's read of the hotel; what little information it has available, anyway; he has learned the palmer hotel is a family business, and that it's most likely that the person stood in front of him is their daughter, next in line to take over.[break][break]

catching himself staring a bit too long, his gaze shifts away to reach for his phone.[break][break]

"big fan of mac n cheese?"[break][break]

realizing he's yet to get a hoenn sim card, he pockets his phone, then looks back at her.[break][break]

"do you mind showing it to me later? i'm a bit bad with directions."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

em, emi
she/her
twenty four
february 18th
lilycove city, hoenn
bisexual
hotel employee
cadet
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
7 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emilia
emilia palmer
temporary
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 3:34:45 GMT
emilia palmer Avatar
[attr="class","emilia"]
[attr="class","emilia i"]"oh! i've heard lovely things about mahogany, but i've never gotten the chance to go."

unsurprisingly, really. this hotel, lilycove... they're all she's ever known. she dreams, sometimes, of leaving responsibility behind and just escaping out into the world. it seems so much simpler in her head.

"yes - well, kind of."

a light, tinkering laugh escapes. she has other favorites, but mac n cheese is up there.

she blinks, then. a moment later, a smile rises - shy, genuine.

"yeah, i'd be happy to. after you're settled in, come back down to the lobby and i can bring you."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights