Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
RKS: Makoto & Ameena #2
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 17:39:47 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves in the Hoenn desert. However, upon scrutinizing the area, you realize this is not the Hoenn of modern day. The people around you look like they belong to an old civilization. Busily, they work at constructing what appears to be a temple or tomb among the great dunes of this place.[break][break]

When asked, a worker says, "We are creating a great protector. Eons ago, a great star fell from the heavens and landed here. We are finally able to harness its power. Go. Take a look!"[break][break]

You enter the incomplete tomb to see a large chunk of some unknown purple material. Red veins pulse throughout it like blood—or poison. It emanates a great power. Before it, several boulders are set against each other.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Touch the purple chunk.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Disturb the boulders.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 17:44:09 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Trepidation was a natural response to the RKS, but she had to admit she felt a little at ease that she was exploring with Makoto again. Any level of familiarity was a great comfort in the face of such an unpredictable simulation. "I hope this run will be less... cosmic and consequential." A nicer way to say terrifying. [break][break]

The scene unfolded fully before them. It was some kind of space rock (of course), and they had the opportunity to touch it. "Interact with something strange and potentially dangerous? I guess it will be the same song and dance today." She tried not to sound so tired about it. "Do you want to poke it?" It was scientific to interact with it, especially since neither of them could be really hurt, but. It was also scientific to ignore it by default. See what happens and all that jazz. She looked to them without judgement; either choice was still a choice and had its consequences.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:04:18 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Another day, another run through the simulation. Ameena proved to be a pleasant person to navigate these strange snapshots with - she somewhat reminded them of , although not quite as eccentric. (Because for as much as they liked Amor, most normal people didn't try to pursue gods.) "We can hope, for certain." Makoto sighed in response - which was to say, Arceus only knows what would happen here.

The scene before them was a lot less existential or immediately life-threatening, at the very least. That did not make the strange purple chunk any less unsettling though; the way it looked almost made it feel... Alive, in a way they couldn't wholly articulate.

And then, Ameena suggests that they touch it. Because of course she does. "I'm not sure if this would be a good idea..." They mutter, their uncertainty plain to see. At the very least, it wasn't as though they could be truly hurt in a simulation...

... But that didn't make the idea of approaching this thing any less unnerving. All the same though, they'd near the core - and after only a moment's hesitation, press their hand to it.

They were beginning to wonder about Ameena's pleasantness.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:25:59 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]eternatus event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WISHING STAR 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You touch the purple chunk. Suddenly, you and everyone nearby is overtaken by a horrific vision of a skeletal dragon soaring above the planet, its ribs and claws as sharp as its tendrils. From a nearby meteoroid, a DEOXYS shoots outward. It attempts to attack the ETERNATUS.[break][break]

In the process, a fragment from the ETERNATUS' BODY falls toward the earth...[break][break]

All of you come to and see that the mysterious material is pulsing. With every pulse, the purple chunk begins to manipulate the spatial elements of reality around it and yourselves. Paranoia begins to settle in... before the scenario shifts.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Shift to the next scenario.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
Tags:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:26:41 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]xerneas event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TREE OF LIFE 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a resplendent glade with a large white tree growing in its center. Although it is devoid of leaves or fruits, it is a sacred and splendid scene seemingly untouched for one thousand years. Around its base, Pokemon kneel though they do not seem alive. They've been petrified into absolute stone.[break][break]

Coming close, you sense the tree "speaking" to you. It beckons for you to water it.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Water it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO OR 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Burn it.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:30:24 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The simulations loved to throw legendaries and insane battles into the mundane. Deoxys up-close is quite a sight, though, so she doesn't find herself rolling her eyes. Eternatus is something she read about somewhere in a Rocket file, but she hasn't made time to dive in. [break][break]

"Why would Deoxys have a problem with this pokemon?" She has had little need for deities outside of Cresselia and Darkrai, but she gets the impression that Deoxys is the protector, not the true instigator. [break][break]

She turns to Makoto, understanding their stunned state quite well. The simulation moved very quickly... Even now, it blurred around them, revealing some tree.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 2:38:33 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
It was instant, really. One moment, they were bringing their hand to the strange violet boulder...

... The next, they were assaulted by a vision - a vision of warring pokemon. They recognized the Deoxys - at least for its species - after having seen 's Erebus. But the other pokemon - the skeletal dragon - was far less familiar.

As Makoto snaps back to reality though, they stumble back. Their heart is thumping hard in their chest. When had it started beating so loudly? When did they feel so unsafe, despite being so, so, far away from the cold void of space above? "What-- we..??"

They were struck with the need to leave, to get out of here before things got worst... But before they knew it, the space around them was already changing...
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 14:58:54 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Of course. She should have expected a fight between gods to break out after touching a rock.[break][break]

The simulation was the thing of headaches. She huffs as her vertigo settles and the scene unfolds to reveal a tree and a series of petrified pokemon. It asks for water. [break][break]

Playing along with the simulation has revealed any grand truth. "I will touch this one," she appeases. They had been a good sport about the space rock, so she will tackle the life tree. She releases Honedge and shares her plan with him. The sword uses aerial ace, but hits the ground at the base of the tree to generate a spark and then a flame. Its speed makes it an easy enough task. [break][break]

The tree is ablaze in fire. Ameena can't help the grin that splits her face. She wants to know what happens next. "Do you think a deity will come from this, too?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – burn[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 4:38:00 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As the scene shifts, the paranoia that the Wishing Star had given off would fade away - allowing for Makoto to calm down and take in their new surroundings. At first glance, the glade they are in is beautiful. It is a balm to the otherwise disturbing or high-energy simulations that the two had seen before...

... But then, Makoto spots the strange white tree, and the statuesque - petrified - pokemon knelt around it.

Ameena mentions her intentions to touch the tree next - and between this and the tree beckoning for them to water it... Makoto nods. "Do you have a water-type?" They questioned - looking to the tree. They hadn't brought one themself - and watering this tree would be difficult otherwise.

But it seems that Ameena has other ideas - because as she steps forward, she doesn't bring out any sort of water-type. Instead, she brings forth a Honedge - who sparks a fire to burn the tree..! "W-wait--" But, it's too late. The tree catches fire rapidly - and though Makoto's initial instinct would be to do something...

... The grin on Ameena's face, as she is illuminated by the fire, makes them think of Tamamo - their shadow Ninetales. Of teeth against their throat. And they think twice of it, simply forcing their expression to something neutral and passive.

They were in no position to question Ameena - and this was a simulation, anyways, right...? It... Felt almost silly, to feel the twist in their chest that they did, when they gazed upon the flames spreading through the tree.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 15:05:09 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]xerneas event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TREE OF LIFE 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You burn the tree. As the flames begin to strip and char away white bark, the glade suddenly shifts around you into a terrifying vision of absolute war. Suddenly, you find yourselves in an ancient Kalosian battlefield. Pokemon and trainers clash with the intent to kill.[break][break]

Above, a YVELTAL watches ominously from a mountain's cliffside.[break][break]

The war rages on—and now, you're a part of it until the next shift.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Survive.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 15:08:26 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena turns from the flames at Makoto's hesitation, their verbal 'wait,' but it's far too late. The tree is caught up in a powerful blaze. In the blink of an eye, the world around blurs to something distant. War is around them. [break][break]

Ameena is no stranger to war.[break][break]

Her military training kicks in. Realistically, the simulation will shift before she makes a dent in the world, but she jumps on the nearest trainer and wrenches his arm back to keep him from tossing the pokeball in his hand. Edith charges forward with drill peck, but the scene fades before the Espathra can relish the violence further.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – war time [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 4:19:32 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Illuminated by the flames of the tree, war rages. Ameena is quick to target a nearby trainer - and Tsukiko freely comes out of her pokeball on her own, prepared to protect...

... But where Makoto finds their own attention drifting, is to the great bird that looms above. Red, black, and wreathed in death - Yveltal is a bloodchilling sight, yet another god looming over them amidst this chaos.

As quickly as it all began though, the scene would shift once more...
(100 RKS points so far)

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:06:43 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]divination event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]MYSTIC POKEMON 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself in the AKALA OUTSKIRTS of ALOLA. Here, a Xatu stands by the cliffside, rooted in place. It is clear that it has been here for a long time, perhaps for many days and nights.[break][break]

Its vacant eyes continuously track the sun... until all of you arrive.[break][break]

Psychically, it casts a vision of your past or future to your minds. Is it accurate? Truthful? Real or false? It is hard to shake the unnerving feeling as the Alolan winds whip past you.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the past.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Receive a vision of the future.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
248 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:11:01 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The world shifts to Alola. Ameena knows it well after spending so long researching there. [break][break]

"A Xatu?" She walks closer to it. She did not recall seeing many of them on the islands. It stands tall and unwavering. She turns to follow its gaze to the sun, but when she looks back to it, it sends a vision... [break][break]

KYOGRE and GROUNDON battle at the shore. The earth seems to quake underneath the weight of the clash of their wills. There's no sign of civilization to date the event. Ameena watches from some unknown observer's eyes as the two are locked in vicious combat.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – vision of the past [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 18:53:15 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto's breath escapes in a startled shudder, as the world changes once more. These simulations were something else, and it left them off-kilter each time something otherworldly occurred within one.

And more often than not, it started from otherwise seemingly ordinary situations - which meant they were left wary, when they were presented with the Xatu on the cliff.

Not that any wariness would stop them from having an image - a vision - projected to them, of the past.

A mother's kind voice, warm smile, and gentle touch. Of the distant chimes from Bell Tower, of autumnal leaves crunching underfoot, as she holds their hand. They were going to a festival, the both of them - to play games, and eat yummy junk food, and wear silly masks...

Makoto is frozen in the moment, as they hold this vision in their mind's eye - as they focus upon every little bit of it. Their eyes are growing wet.
(100 RKS points so far)