november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 21:11:56 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","displaydevice3"]

[attr="class","displayborder"]

[attr="class","displaybox4"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn1"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn2"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn3"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn4"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn5"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn6"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn7"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn8"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn9"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn10"]

[attr="class","displayscreen6"]

[attr="class","displaycolor6"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]TEENAGE REBELLION

[attr="class","displaytext"]

The world is trembling under the weight of a fearful gaze, directed straight towards the abyss without blinking. These are tumultuous times to live in, and they aren't exactly made better by homework.

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 21:31:19 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar

Electric Epiphanies

(ionized ideals for self-dev, missed deadline)

Everything in Cassandra screams for her to turn back, and leave this place, hopefully unscathed.

Everything in Cassandra lifts her head in defiance, looking at the massive black legendary with an unfaltering gaze.

Her hands tremble, and she balls them to fists.

She holds her breath while Zekrom talks, and then exhales very, very slowly. It's a good question - she wonders why he wants to know that. Maybe it doesn't really matter, anyway, as the answer forms in her mind - might as well just say it, spit it out. (A thought accompanied when walking to school with smoke rising from somewhere else. When school's been closed, and rebuilt. When the world keeps caving in, leaning closer and closer to the weight-bearing pillars.)

(She's not afraid, of course not.)

"A world where I don't have to be afraid anymore."

Her voice comes out smaller than she wanted, and she takes a step back in spite of herself, frowning. "And who knows? My mom says I shouldn't give promises I can't keep." The question of how far she'd be willing to go is terrifying - and it reminds her of legalese, documents that she's dug out from who knows where, putting some of her mom's actions, maybe even her dad's, in perspective. And how ... it's bad, and how everything's just bad, and how. (An apathy growing; acceptance in that twisting, turning way. Everything.)

She takes a deep breath.

"Thanks for the talk. I'll leave now, bye," she says, doing a quick bow before turning, remembering manners on auto-pilot.

She has to leave, now.
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 8:55:40 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar

LETTER TO ADVENTURE, PT 1

"Oh no, I need this ... guess I'll have to go myself," Cass sighs, looking at the letter on her desk. She's totally forgotten about it - and it needs to be in the box within two hours ... "I'll have to postp... hmm, Jon, darling, what's up?" Jon has waddled over to her, and seems to be really determined. "What's on your mind?"

He raises one of his arms, even if he doesn't come far, towards her desk, while also dragging one of Cass' old bags with her. "Do you ... do you want to deliver the letter for me?" As always, she's hit by a wave of fondness as she sees her sentient garbage just trying his best, even if she knows that Effie or Saude or anyone would be more effective. (Except Brad maybe. Maybe she really didn't have to catch him, back then in the garden. He's a menace.)

"Alright, I rely on you, okay?" She helps him wear her bag - SO CUTE - and puts the letter safely in it, so toxins wouldn't accidentally eat through the paper. "It's here in Petalburg, you know the post station downtown? I've got everything else covered, just get it there and point out the 'Express', got it?"

Jon makes a confirming gargle noise, and raises his arms, seemingly balled to fists. "Have a good day, my darling boy."

As she looks at his retreating figure, she wonders. She really should stop babying him so much ... but he's just so adorable.
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 23:22:52 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar

LETTER TO ADVENTURE, PT 2

Petalburg isn't a foreign place to Jon. Despite being quite sheltered and pampered now, his origins lay with the streets of cities, where he's spent his day quite opposite to how he does now. It's strange, if he thinks about it, and it makes him even more determined to succeed - in what, and how, he can't tell, but he's determined.

At least now, he has an actual purpose that he follows, as he slowly moves along towards the post office. Frankly, Cass could've been done with this errand in way less time than he needs to even get there, but he's glad that she at least humours him. And, in this time, she could study! He noticed that the frown on her face was deeper than before when she was doing exercises. He did his best to follow and help her, but ... maybe he could ask someone to teach him about the basics.

(He did learn to read, a little bit, while looking at the labels of the trash surrounding him, but that's not really enough for the type of algebra or calculus or history that Cass is doing.)

He trots along, deep in his thoughts, and still doing his best to hurry up. Then, he feels a faint aroma lingering more heavily in the air - and then, hears the familiar cooing of Martin, the Comfey that Cass also has taken in. Jon's not entirely sure how it came to be, but it seems that Martin's quite enjoying Jon's company. Jon himself isn't sure what to think of the Comfey, frankly - but right now, a bit of company might not be bad.

He greets the other pokémon, asking why he's also out and about. Apparently, there was something left for Cass at the post station, and he's bringing the warrant so they would be allowed to take it. However, the Comfey doesn't return to Cass' house after handing over the piece of paper, now safely stashed away in the bag with the letter.

Seems like he's got some company for the way, huh.
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 13:38:20 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar

LETTER TO ADVENTURE, PT 3

The next stretch of the journey happens almost peacefully quiet. Martin and Jon don't really talk much, and simply enjoy some comfortable silence (with Martin stealing a few glances at Jon, but the Trubbish doesn't really seem to notice). Eventually, however, there's a complication.

A sudden construction site, in the middle of their route! Alarmed, Jon's neurodivergent brain couldn't really comprehend what to do now, having to spend an agonising moment just to come to peace with a change of plans. However, Martin cooes reassuringly, before floating high above in the air to figure out an alternative routing. Jon looks, a bit taken aback.

However, things never go quite as planned, ever!

He gives a warning call, sounding like trash bags being rustled while half full, as he sees a hostile pokémon trying to swoop in and take Martin! Quickly, he also shoots a Sludge Bomb, but it flies right past Martin, right past the hostile bird pokémon, and right into a comedic series of events. A construction site board's sent flying, sending another sack of sand flying, bouncing off and then coming straight back at Jon who hastily tries to make an escape.

By a twist of fate, he also ends up walking up a plank that's fallen over from where it has been, leaned against the wall. And by a twist of fate, the sack of sand's coming straight at him ....... but lands a bit before, causing the plank to take a deep dip in the other direction.

And, consequently, sending Jon flying. He lets out screeching noise as he's sailing through the air, only to end up not crashing against hard asphalt, but into a web of tentacles. Umlaut, Cass' Toedscruel, eyes Jon with curiously, who only stares back with shock. In the meanwhile, Martin's dealt with his attacker quickly and efficiently, but hurries over worriedly.

A moment passes, before Jon shakes himself, nods at Umlaut, and continues onward with his journey, stubbornly.
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
189 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Cassandra's Exhibit
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 13:36:12 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]

GALES OF SONG

Effie and Saude asked Cass for a training, and who is she to deny these two? They've settled in an undisturbed spot in the Petalburg woods with plenty of room to fly around and attempt risky maneuvers. "Alright, you two! Let's see what you've got," she grins, and starts to walk the path with them.

"First, you'll pass this tree here, then dodge under this branch ... how about we do a circle around this tree here? And then we follow along here..."

It's a simple, improvised racing course for them to test their speed, but also teamwork together - she hopes. She's no expert, but she'd doing her best to give her pokémon the best training she can imagine.

"Now, are we ready to go?" she asks, and is met with nods. "Ready, set ... GO!"

Immediately, Effie would open up with Tailwind first, giving the duo a speedboost, before both of them charge forward with Quick Attack. They execute the attacks on this level well - using them to get around difficult corners effectively, and boost their speed on straight lines. However, they both come to a skittering halt as a wild pokémon suddenly surges forward!

The Grovyle stands in their way, seemingly challening them to a duel! The duo could never say no to such a challenge, and Cass immediately hurries over. "Oh, I guess we're doing that now! Now, Tail Wind and Quick Attack for now!" Cass commands, but- impossibly, the Grovyle moves before they do, getting good Leaf Blade hits in. "Oh, shit- Quick Attacks!" she commands, now fully just working with trying to outspeed the Grovyle somehow.

It's a difficult fight, however, and they're appearing to be losing ... "Okay, Grovyle, you've-" she's about to say, admitting defeat, as Effie shakes her head with determination. "What?" Cass asks, surprised as she sees Effie glowing - she's only seen that once before now, with Sona as she's evolved. With held breath, she looks as the Fletchling grows and becomes Fletchinder! The new Fire type would make this fight against the Grovyle much easier, but ...

Cass pauses. "Now, Tailwind! Saude, Quick Attack- and, Effie. Use Fly!"

As if commanding the mighty winds themselves, Effie calls forth a truly impressive wind to come to their aid, a force that almost surprises Saude, before he grins and fully leans into it for a Quick Attack. And then - Effie soars high into the air, before the Grovyle could comprehend what's going on, is hit with Saude's Quick Attack, and then, shortly after, by Effie, who's Fly came crashing down.

After that, the two Flying types retreat to their usual position in front of Cass, looking at their challenger with a weary eye - despite that impressive display of strength, they're still worn down. And the Grovyle actually stands up again. Immediately, tensions rise again, just to drop as the Grovyle smiles, giving them a thumbs-up.

Oh. Huh. "Ah, thank you ...?" Cass asks. Before anyone could comprehend anything, the Grovyle already leapt away, leaving them behind confused.

"... huh. BUT! Hey, Effie, you're a Fletchling now!" Cass shouts with joy, opening her arms for the bird to jump into it for a gentle hug. "You two were fantastic. I think that's been a good training? Let me treat you to some snacks now ..."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights