forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 2:27:21 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
It was time for Grigori to move out of Slateport City. As much as it pained him to do so, it was growing increasingly obvious as to why he needed to do it. June was the main factor– the distance wasn’t insurmountable. Far from it. However, he found himself needed there more and more, as conflicts continued to arise.

How she continued to throw herself him them with little regard for her own safety. That caused problems, as always, and he needed to be there to help her. Beyond that, though, were the few moments that proved problematic. Zev, Cillian, Elisabeth– they probably had a lock on for his apartment.

He’d given them the excuse to do it, and now that the ‘painful’ part was past him, he wanted to not worry about it as much. They could still find the information easily, but they wouldn’t have it committed to memory. Yet.

And he’d found a perfect place as well. June had spoken wonderful things about , and she’d seen around the submarine a time or two. He didn’t know the fourth person, but he was sure it’d be fine. He dealt with Rocket folk often enough, and they couldn’t be better than the average terrible roommate.

Besides, maybe he could get insight into June’s own life through the ranger. It’d make his life a lot easier.

That’s why he knocked on the door with a briefcase in hand, ready to finalize any last-minute changes or agreements necessary to ensure the survival of this lease signing. He wasn’t desperate, so he wasn’t going to sign anything that said he had to pay all the rent for every tenant.

"Excuse me, it's Grigori Sokolov! I'm here to speak with the lease-holder of this apartment!"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 0:05:46 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
a knock at the front door makes annalise look up from the video playing on her phone. [break][break]"did you guys order something?" she asks over her shoulder as she gets up from the couch, abandoning and in the living room to investigate the knocking. to her surprise, a man with a briefcase is standing on their doorstep when she opens the door, giving her his pitch before she can open her mouth to greet him. [break][break]she blinks, confused. [break][break]"ohhh," comes slow, dawning realization. [break][break]"you're the guy rory was talking about."[break][break]she's lived with guys before, but gives the impression of someone far different than the shy .[break][break]"i guess that would be me."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Rory
she/her
March 14
slateport
graysexual
Mech/Elec Engineer
grunt
5'0" height
5'0" height
awards
151 posts
Rory Faust DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rory
Rory Faust
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 5:36:59 GMT
Rory Faust Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","charname"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
When the knock comes, Rory was already cuddled up on the couch, hot chocolate in one hand, a book in the other. It was the type of roommate bonding time she always enjoyed - the type without much clamor.
[Break][break]
So when the knock does ring out, and masculine voice comes walking in with it, it takes a second for her to comprehend its implications. And another to do something about it.
[Break][break]
"Who is it?"
[Break][break]
Glasses balancing off the bridge of her nose, she looks upward, pushing the back of her head into the couch cushion just enough to gain an inch of Annalise in her vision.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @marilee

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".charname"]--accent:#7F687A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 18:54:55 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
The door opened to a woman with short, blonde hair and not a clue who he was. While that didn’t take long to fix itself, it did earn Annalise a raised eyebrow from the Grigori. Did the person he was in conversation with fail to mention the monumental change to the rest of the tenets? That was certainly a red flag.

But not large enough to end things before they began. “Hello there, Ms… Annalise, correct?

I-I’m friends with ,” he quickly tacked on. “She’s told me about you before.

The man didn’t waste any time and slowly entered the cozy apartment. Pictures did it plenty justice, but being in person always was different. And so far, the real thing was far better than the concept. He saw someone on the couch in another room.

As I’ve just said, I’m here to discuss any last second changes, considerations, and make sure we’re on the same page before I sign the lease agreement,” he explained. While he would’ve preferred to do this in the kitchen, or some office, he instead navigated toward the living room.

He walked over to the first empty seat he saw and planted himself down. The briefcase was set on his lap, and he opened it to reveal its barebones contents: a massive wad of paper, a calculator, and a small pencil bag. He pulled out the pages and started to rifle through them.

Apologies if I’m interrupting something important,” he said to Rory. “I believe I was in conversation with you, Ms. Rory, about the apartment availability? But if Ms. Annalise holds the lease, then I believe she and I should discuss it proper.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 23:15:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"yeah." annalise blinks, then raises an eyebrow as namedrops . the two of them are friends? the man standing in her doorway seems a little too old to befriend someone that she assumes is in her twenties, but she says nothing of it. [break][break]"oh, did she?" without missing a beat, she turns her head to call back to : " — it's the guy you offered nagi's room to!"[break][break]she steps back to let him venture into the hallway. to her surprise, he meanders toward the living room and finds a seat on the couch. annalise joins him and the others, sitting on the arm of the couch. [break][break]"oh wow," she quietly marvels at the contents of the suitcase, watching him shuffle the papers. part of her wonders if he has had some experience as a lawyer. or maybe settled adulthood is just this severe and meticulous. her past lease agreements have come together with a lot less formality between roommates. [break][break]"uh, yeah, sure. what considerations did you want to discuss about?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:37:32 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Nothing major, for the actual lease,” he said as he riffled through the pages. “Just wanted to confirm dates, payments, and the rules between the landlord and the tenants of this apartment.

From the bundle of paper, he finally settled on the section he was in search of. He pressed hard against the crease and set it over on the other side of the table, towards Annalise. It’d be the boring legal jargon that stated the official payment amount for the whole apartment, the dates associated, and with a few written-in number crunches for what it’d be divided by four.

What he’d pay if signed on.

What I’m more interested in are the rules not in the lease: between roommates,” he reached into his vest pocket and pulled out a small notepad and pen. It clicked once and flipped open to a sticky-noted page. “Less formal, but the most important part of a shared living space.

If one hated the people they lived with, then the signed lease would be more of a prison sentence than a communally shared living quarter. That was most unideal for everyone involved.

My first question, naturally, is the roommate situation. If I’m not mistaken, I’d be boarding with… whom, Marilee?” He tapped a note into the paper. “And in regard to that, is there an agreed upon Lights-Out with everyone, or just the singular roommate?

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 21:06:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"oh, no!"[break][break]annalise is quick to kill the idea that and are going to be actual roommates. he's a guy and, more importantly, an old, unknown guy. would have never offered this room to him if he was going to be bunking with someone else. [break][break]"you have your own bedroom down the hall from here. next to the downstairs bathroom."[break][break]she points beyond the living room's threshold as she speaks, vaguely in the direction of where 's former room is.[break][break]"i can show you it in a sec. you'll have to furnish it yourself, though."[break][break]she wonders if this man has a military background with his strange formality regarding "lights-out". he's in the presence of three young twenty-somethings who have only really ever gone off vibes instead of hard rules. [break][break]"oh, no, we don't really have anything strict like that. as long as you don't play loud music or, like, scream late at night, you'll be fine. we're pretty relaxed here. you can text us, too, if we're being too loud or anything."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
277 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 15:48:44 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Grigori wrote down the information as it was fed to him, his pen licking the page at a modest pace.

‘Solo-room, next to downstairs bathroom. No furnishings.’
‘Relaxed bed-time schedule. Open to conversations via text about noise.’

Not his preferred method of communication, but he supposed he could always just walk over and talk with the others anyway. Not like the distance was grand, a journey into an entirely different city. It also meant they probably communicated via text for most things. “Noted. Apologies, Ms. Annalise. I must’ve gotten something mixed up in the messaging.

Next question: chores. Are there set guidelines for each member, or is it changed weekly, or something in between? And the food situation-- essentially the same parameters as the chores.

He leaned forward, his eyes locked with Annalise. His eyes cut through hers, deep into her brain. All his focus went into her soul as he waited for a response. This was the most important aspect of this living situation: would they try to brute force it all onto him, lie and let him find out the hard way, or be honest and upfront about it?

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Fresh Start [S]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 6:52:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"no problem," she says, offering a small smile. "sorry for the mix-up, in any case."[break][break]her potential future roommate leans forward, staring at her so intensely she can't help but wonder if he's trying to peer directly into her brain. she stares back, the look in her eyes questioning. [break][break]weird guy.[break][break]"um, well, if you cook, you're responsible for cleaning up whatever dishes and stuff you get dirty. us girls have been swapping other chores every week, though, if that's okay with you."[break][break]inevitably, they would saddle him with less savory jobs like taking out the trash or fixing the sink, but she doesn't say that.

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights