They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 22:26:46 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
"So... While I've been running around these tunnels, I had run into Josh, right? I guess he's been trying to figure out how this place affects his Type: Null and Paradoxes, cause they're calmer down here."

For the time being during this particular excursion, things were quiet down in Area Zero. El hadn't run into any notable dangers, aside from the occasional ornery wild pokemon. All in all, it'd been much like a typical survey trip up above - going around with Haro, Bibidi, and Baron, to continue tracking the shifts in populations in this new ecosystem.

"My guess might be maybe cause this is a familiar environment to them - a lot of pokemon can get a bit stressed out by new places, right? - although it doesn't really explain the Type: Null as much..."

But, this time, it was with a very special someone at their side - namely, that of Isaac. And of course, they were eager to tell him about their past treks down here - be it them helping out , or cataloguing the local pokemon with , or in this case... Them having run into in these very same tunnels.

"Although, well... There's something about one of the Paradoxes that Josh has that is both interesting, and uh... Kinda funny." They scratch their cheek a bit as they chuckle, pausing to consider where to start.

They supposed that first things first, they'd start with the important bit - which for this, they glanced over to Suicune. "I guess there's been Paradoxes showing up that... Resemble you, Raikou, and Entei. Your Paradox is shaped kinda like a Theropod - think something like a Tyrantrum or Cranidos, or the 'zolt' half of a Dracozolt or Arctozolt. And the Raikou one, uhm, is shaped like a Sauropod like Meganium or Aurorus. Then Entei's is a ceratopsian like Bastiodon."

(Josh had claimed them to be some form of variants, but... Those pokemon were paradoxes, they were pretty convinced.)

"I had actually run into one of the Raikou ones with Desiree, and Josh had one of the Suicune-looking ones; and uhm..." They paused for a second, sheepishly scritching the back of their head as they glanced to Isaac once more. "He called 'em Suicune, too."

u6BDse|0
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 21:14:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Maybe Null's made from the same stuff?" Isaac was no Pokemonologist, but that wasn't going to stop him from being a springboard for the more educated. At best, his harebrained theories got gears turning in better minds. At worst, he was a sexy wrench holder. "Bunch of scientists scrounged up plans from around the cosmos and dreamed of building a better god. Fits right in with the rest of the bunch."[break][break]

It was better than thinking men could commit such an atrocity with their own two hands.[break][break]

Sure, Genesect existed. MUGEN, who stalked the halls ahead of the two, was living proof of that. However, he was born of gears and motors, not flesh and blood alone. Could life really be twisted into being with little more than a terracotta helmet to keep it under control?[break][break]

No, no. This had to be something else, something strange. Just like the doppelganger that El now described. Almost immediately, the Pressure in the halls came to a halt. The mists rolling by Iaaac and El's sides lagged behind. What could only be described as a quizzical bark came from the legend that protectively strode behind them.[break][break]

"He called it Suicune," Isaac repeated, half baffled and half amused. He almost couldn't blame the guy. If Akane was a Tyranitar, But, so was this strange not-Suicune. At the same time, when legends felt so singular, it felt like a strange, almost needful jump. "I dunno, buddy. You ever dream of being a dinosaur?"[break][break]

Suicune shook their head. In response, Isaac shrugged, flashing them a casual smile. "Your loss. I used to do it all the time. Maybe that makes this one my fault."[break][break]

If only they knew how acquainted they were to be with such a simple concept.[break][break]

BAntv7sQ

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 23:38:38 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El considered Isaac's guess - indeed, he had gotten the gears in their head turning for a moment. After a few long moments though, they mused "Maybe... Although, it's not like these Type: Nulls themselves are being spawned from the mist and crystals like other paradoxes are, else we'd be seeing a lot more of them now, right?"

And Josh's own 'better god' seemed a bit volatile.

But as Suicune made a quizzical sound, and Isaac made his own baffled remark, El couldn't help but snicker a bit before nodding. "I mean, it's pretty Suicune-y, so I don't blame him. Similar crest, mane, colorations... It's not like we got a more official name for these guys, either, like how Baron's an Iron Valiant..."

... Though, after a moment, they softly laugh as they add "It made it a bit hard on my brain, trying to talk about his Suicune and our Suicune at the same time, though."

"It was able to like... Heat up the water in the area, and turn the place into something like a sauna. My guess is it's probably powered up in the sun, like the other less metallic and more ancient-y Paradoxes." Which would be a bit strange to think of; usually, water-types didn't do as hot in the sun!

But, as Isaac and Suicune bantered in their own way, El couldn't help a giggle. "I'd think that maybe Josh dreamed them up, with how devoted he is to the Johto legendaries - but I dunno if he much has dinosaurs on the mind, either, unless they're fast."

... Though, then they pause. And ponder. "... What if it was because of one of his avians like Bladestorm." They flatly wondered, looking as though they had a brainblast in that moment. Bird pokemon were often linked pretty closely to dinosaur pokemon, to the point where some people liked saying they were one and the same...

When Bibidi pat El on the head with a heavy sigh though, they couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, okay, maybe I'm overthinking it a bit... But honestly, if you had to pick a speedy or nimble dinosaur, a Theropod or some similar raptor-type is probably pretty up there out of the three."

And, perhaps, the time to actually test that theory was approaching. Because the group's wanderings soon led them to a sizeable cavern - one with a lake in the center - the walls and the basin the lake sits in lined with glimmering Tera crystals. Safe to say, El is awed at the sight - smiling over to Isaac. "This is real pretty; look at how the light's bouncing off of everything!"

Indeed, the water's surface was glimmering as well, as it and the crystals reflect one another. It was a perfectly picturesque sight, to say the least, as El steps forward - giggling to themself as they splash in the shallows a bit with Haro...

... But, danger is soon heralded as a familiar pink mist seeps from the gaps between some of the crystals; rolling across the water's surface, to soon fill the cavern. And with it, the temperature seems to rise, as steam begins to mix with the beguiling mist...

El and their pokemon take note of this - and they are quick to begin backing away, back to Isaac's side... Something was out there...

GCReOZP6
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 17:47:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You're not wrong. But they're a lot more patchwork than most of these Paradoxes, too. Maybe one dream's just not enough for 'em?" A beast's paw. An insect's claw. A fish's fin. A helmet built for war. Maybe individually, all those things could exist. But to be brought together? That took something else, something greater. "Maybe it's not that the mist's spawning them. It's that it's putting them all together."[break][break]

Grisly. Were it not for the tranquil Suicune generally set over his mind, Isaac would have shuddered then and there.[break][break]

"I mean. Is Iron Valiant even really a name? It's just kinda like a codename," Isaac pointed out. "Bet the League'll spin up something soon. Primal Storm? Wet Lizard? Glamrock Raptor?" By the time Isaac got to the last of those, a sigh from Suicune made it clear that he should quit while he's behind.[break][break]

El's guesses had far more merit. "I could see it," Isaac admitted. "A lot of people say dragons came before birds, right? So if this is one of those ancient Paradoxes instead of the steely ones, I could see it being sent back to the past like that. And if any of those three are going to be soaring around, it'd be the wind itself."[break][break]

They were totally overthinking it, combining basic biology and history with out-there speculative evolution. But it was more fun that way.[break][break]

What was less fun was when, right as they reached a jaw-droppingly beautiful leg of their journey, the dream mist choosing to come rolling out. "Fuck. Did it plan this somehow?" he muttered under his breath, scooting back from the water's surface just before he could stoop down to touch it. At this point, he was pretty sure the Dream Mist had some sort of will and intent to it. Setting up a gorgeous rest stop just to trick them into standing still wouldn't be beneath it.[break][break]

Neither would shooting first be beneath MUGEN. "Hey, wait-!" Isaac said as the Genesect's cannon unfurled, but it was too late. The chimera was stubborn and willful at the best of times, and an ambush like this sure as hell wasn't the best. It trained on the mists, firing its Techno Blast into the spot where they seemed to be gathering the thickest.[break][break]

TVaWgGHL

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 21:25:38 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El shrugged a bit at the subject of the names. "I suppose; but it's probably better than calling em just, 'that funny metallic Hariyama'." They mused with a lighthearted smile.

But in the present moment, as the mist and steam alike roll across the water... El's free hand drifts down to their belt - prepared to switch pokemon out as need be. They had come prepared for whatever may happen, and had a pair of trump cards ready if worse comes to worse.

Which, it was quickly becoming a possibility. MUGEN's Techno Blast sails across the waters - mist and steam alike briefly parting in its wake, as the beam slams into the crystals on the opposite side of the lake. There is a flash of blinding light, the sound of something shattering, and a howling cry not unlike Suicune's own...

... A cry, that seems to layer into itself after but a moment.

As vision returns, it seems that the mist and steam are still present - but it begins to thin enough to allow for vision. Two silohuettes begin to form, two figures striding across the waters - leaving barely a ripple, though it's hard to perfectly tell as MUGEN's attack had left the water's surface disturbed.

El finds themself a bit alarmed, however, as the figures reveal themselves to be not one, but two Walking Wakes! Identical in shape, but not in color - one is true to Suicune's own ordinary coloration, while the other is in shades of cyan and deep blue. Both raptors let out low growls as they gaze upon the group, twinned tails lashing.

As Baron readies his spear, El recalls Haro and Bibidi to keep them safe. They trust Bibidi will reemerge on her own if need be - but they weren't about to pit Haro up against a pair of Paradoxes...

But before they can think to make a first attack, the blue Wake acts - throwing back its head and howling to set up a Sunny Day for the both of them..!

TTHlfBzP
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 21:56:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]A discontented hiss escaped MUGEN. How dare its play elude it? However, frustration swiftly gave way to excitement when its scanner eyes picked up on a second presence within the mists. Two Glamrock Raptors. Two targets to pursue. Two chances to prove its might.[break][break]

This was going to be interesting.[break][break]

As the bluer Wake howled to the skies, the one who mirrored Suicune hunkered down and unhinged its jaw. Steam rose from the water, its hot surface sizzling as it brushed against Suicune's own mists. The waters once undisturbed were now starting to bubble, occasionally popping with enough force to leave little burns on MUGEN's chassis.[break][break]

El was right. Unlike most water types, these things thrived in the heat. Not only did Protosynthesis leave red streaks glowing in their manes, but the more aggressive of the two Paradoxes directly siphoned the power of the sun from its kin. It was no mere threat display. Rather, as Hydro Steam tore out from the back of its throat, it was the first of many blows to be dealt this battle.[break][break]

MUGEN threw its guard up, deep read sears left in its chassis as it steamed like a freshly-dipped lobster. As it stumbled back, aiming to restabilize itself, the Walking Wake saw its chance. It lunged forward, a Dragon Rush bowling MUGEN over with enough force to leave a gash along the stone floor. The damn thing was a head taller than Suicune; even a combat machine like MUGEN was stuck pinned beneath one of its titanic feet.[break][break]

Isaac looked to Suicune. He opened his mouth as if to ask for help, but as their eyes met he silenced himself with a nod. Suicune leaped back, forming a platform of ice to stand atop. Isaac's own attempt at mimicking the technique found less purchase, the vapor rolling down his wrists unable to crystalize into a proper icy weapon.[break][break]

Fine then. He'd just have to improvise.[break][break]

"MUGEN, use your Magnet Bombs!" Isaac said, metallic flechettes pummeling the Walking Wake on all sides. Most simply were absorbed in its thick mane, leaving them clattering to the ground harmlessly. Isaac didn't look disappointed in the slightest. In fact, if anything, he looked triumphant. "Now kick it into negative gear!"[break][break]

MUGEN clicked and whirred in understanding. Choosing an identical polarity to that of its bombs, the Genesect's Magnet Rise accelerated far faster than usual. The Genesect rocketed into the sky with enough force to flip the Walking Wake clean off of him. It landed on its feet, skidding to a halt and glaring hatefully up towards its quarry.[break][break]

As two impossible superpredators of a bygone age stared each other down, they each knew only one of them would survive.[break][break]

3Ag|V3wf

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 22:45:18 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
At first, the azure Wake was eager to join its brethren in the hunt - to gang up on MUGEN, and take it down before it even had a chance to fight back. But as it attempts to shoot the Genesect out of the air with a Dragon Pulse...

... The attack is intercepted. Baron parts the blast of energy with a Spirit Break - swinging his spear through it, any draconic energy that lingers sliding harmlessly off of the fairy-type's metallic chassis. He stares the Walking Wake down, shifting his grip to hold his spear in one hand.

The Wake, meanwhile, seems to study him - the gears in its head visibly turning. The two circle one another, slow, careful, calculated...

... Until Baron charges, attempting to swing his spear at it in a Dragon Hammer! However, the raptor is swift - leaping aside, and letting loose a Noble Roar that has the Iron Valiant flinching back. It is quick to follow up with a Aqua Jet that bowls him over - though before the raptor can capitalize on pinning him down, he is already gone through a timely use of Double Team.

Which puts both combatants in another standoff - watching one another, not daring to turn their backs on the other, lest the other opponent is given an opening.

El, meanwhile, is watching - thinking. They can feel Baron occasionally brushing against their mind - him briefly checking for counsel and input. But thus far, there was one thing on their mind. "If we don't keep them occupied, they're gonna gang up on one of our pokemon... Baron's keeping the other one occupied so far..."

... But if one of them slips up, and the two raptors can gang up for long enough to take either machine down, things could quickly go awry... El was thankful, at least, that Baron wasn't the only fighter on their team right now.

MB5aPk_V
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 0:38:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"That so?" A daring grin spread across Isaac's face. If anyone would know what that meant, it would be El. "Good. Call it a plan." He fired a quick, cheeky salute, then rushed his way over to the dueling apex predators. It was an insanely dangerous and reckless place to be, making it the most Isaac choice imaginable.[break][break]

MUGEN barrel rolled through the skies, narrowly avoiding gouts of the Walking Wake's Flamethrower. In turn, the Walking Wake leaped and scampered away from blasts from the Genesect's Techno Blaster. The two were evenly matched, each holding barely one step ahead of the other's ultraviolence.[break][break]

Through it all, Isaac dipped in and out of the fray. With each approach, he tucked another fallen Magnet Bomb between his arms. Their initial payload spent, they were little more than inert pieces of metal now. Most were content to let sleeping attacks lie, nothing that they seemed to break down far more quickly than most actual pieces of steel. That wasn't how Isaac did things.[break][break]

Instead, once he'd gathered a sizeable collection of Magnet Bombs, he dipped them into the scalding hot spring.[break][break]

"C'mon," Isaac muttered under his breath, watching as the water started to hiss and sizzle. The longer they stayed in there, the hotter they began to grow. It was only when a faint red glow stretched out from beneath the spring that Isaac reached toward them, willing the waters to follow the motion of his fingers. It took some fumbling; work at a distance like this was far from familiar to Isaac, and his first attempts did little more than disturb the surface of the waves. However, by the fifth try, he felt resistance against his clenched fingers.[break][break]

Perfect.[break][break]

Now, Isaac pulled back, the water of the springs pulling back with him. Clenched in its surface was a small handful of Magnet Bombs, each now hot enough to glow. Isaac squinted to focus his aim, reared back his hand, and willed the tendril of water he'd created to throw the first of his payload right at the Wake's face.[break][break]

Direct hit. The false Suicune recoiled back in shock, then narrowed its eyes hatefully as it turned to face Isaac.[break][break]

It would have been a good idea to run. Instead, Isaac repeated the motion again and again and again. Each blow to the head distracted it just enough. Each blow to the head pissed it off more. Dazed and staggered, yet far from daunted, its pursuit of Isaac took a turn for the single minded. By the time he was out of ammo, it was as if there was nobody on the battlefield but him and the Wake itself.[break][break]

It didn't even realize that MUGEN had Locked On until the Zap Cannon seized its every muscle.[break][break]

The Walking Wake skid to a halt mere inches away from Isaac, jaws shuddering to a gaping, incomplete snap. Its eyes shot back and forth, infuriated by its inability to even turn around and face the interloper. Its claw shuddered, slowly but surely fighting through the paralysis as it tried to snatch Isaac's color. However, before it could, MUGEN descended from the skies. Now it was its turn to dive bomb its opponent, its Nitro Charge sending the two tumbling into the waves.[break][break]

qhPa5TCa

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 5:02:35 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
As Isaac grinned, El's own expression became one of fondly-exasperated resignation. "... I know that look, Isaac. Please don't get yourself hurt, okay?" Is all they had to say on the matter - because they knew there was no stopping Isaac, once he got going. And whatever plan he had, it'd be equal parts batshit and viable.

Though, they'd be a liar if they said that they weren't prone to their own dangerous or impulsive decisions... Which, they blamed Isaac for rubbing off on them in that way; though, perhaps it only went to show how much the two were truly siblings.

Whereas Isaac's side of the fight was one of tricks and gambits though, El's side was far more straightforward. One of a robotic dragoon-knight and an intelligent, calculating beast locked in combat.

The azure Wake and Baron alike prodded at eachothers' guards - looking for a gap, an opening, to exploit. But in terms of agility and smarts, both sides were at at an impasse; trading grazing blows, gained ground constantly being traded. Whilst Baron might have had the advantage of typing in being Fairy versus the Wake's Dragon, the Wake's Protosynthesis and Noble Roar both provided an edge of its own...

... But it was only a matter of time, before the stalemate gave.

As the more normal-looking Wake is struck by MUGEN's Zap Cannon, the azure Wake is distracted - looking to its kin. Its lip curled back in a fearsome baring of teeth - letting out an enraged shriek as it loosed a Flamethrower at the Genesect, moving in to try and back up the paralyzed Wake!

As if a call-and-response - or perhaps more likely a coincidence - another strange cry, one that El had long-since grown adjusted to, calls from deeper within Area Zero's depths...

However, the distraction leaves the azure Wake open - and Baron is quick to take the advantage given. Intercepting with a Spirit Break, his spear sinks into the Wake's side - drawing another enraged cry from the Paradox, who is sent tumbling onto its side..! It attempts to force Baron back with a Hydro Steam - but the knight once more uses Double Team to get out of the way.

Baron takes a step back from the Wake, so as to avoid any point-blank attacks - but all the while, the psychic energy of a Future Sight shines within his eyes as he studies the streams of possibilities before him.
(Koraidon call prompt)

Di2B4_Qa
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 22:41:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"No promises!"[break][break]

Before it had been swallowed up by roars, first from the Walking Wakes and then from an entirely different creature, Isaac's cheeky remark bounced along the walls. To his credit, he wasn't stupid. Even as the Walking Wake's claws and jaws were painfully close, Isaac was just outside their range.[break][break]

The Flamethrower from its companion, though? That was a problem.[break][break]

Isaac quickly hopped away from the showdown. As he did, he trailed a hand along the damp floors of the cave. As he pulled his fingers up, it rose into a screen of water, reducing the incoming Flamethrower to a scalding hot steam. It hurt, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Nevertheless, Isaac scowled, fully prepared to strike back.[break][break]

He was the magically-enhanced trickster. Baron was the precise, learned warrior. But MUGEN? MUGEN was the apex predator, a savage beast dolled up in the guise of a machine. As it knocked its Walking Wake to the floor, it didn't even hesitate. It plunged a Fel Stinger right into its side, the glow from its eyes blaring as it drank in the other creature's pain.[break][break]

A pity it didn't properly seal the deal first.[break][break]

Shocked beeps escaped MUGEN as the Walking Wake shuddered to its feet. With a twist of its surprisingly developed legs, and a furious thrust of its hips, it sent the Genesect clattering across the room. MUGEN steadied its landing, the smoke rising from its chassis met with a consternated hiss. From there, the two were off, their Dragon Rush and Flame Charge colliding head to head.[break][break]

"How's it look to you?" Isaac asked, not to El but to Baron. It was clear that the Iron Valiant had stopped paying attention to this timeline long ago. Just as the Paradoxes were the impossible effigies of entities beyond time and space, so, too, were the visions that would dance through Baron's Future Sight.[break][break]

With how valiant the Wakes fought, a part of Isaac hoped that their futures wouldn't come to such ignoble ends.[break][break]

4V0jvA0Y

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 4:58:15 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Baron did not immediately respond - though the barest turn of his head did indicate he heard Isaac. Instead, he was thinking deep.

These beasts were strong. In body, and in will. Even for a machine that did not necessarily feel the same way they did, he could understand the simple fact that they did - and they felt strongly. They were dragons, through and through - either raptor settling for a retreat was exceedingly unlikely, no matter what stream he looked down.

But this did not mean that death was the only option, either.

As Baron pondered though, El was quick to move to the two's sides - glancing to Isaac in particular. "A-are you okay??" They questioned, looking him over. Even if he had been able to avoid being burnt to a crisp by the Flamethrower, scalding steam was no joke, either!

Before much longer though, Baron settles upon an action - rather than an impression - for an answer. He moves fast - glancing to El and reaching into their bag, he pulls out two empty pokeballs. He places one in El's hand, and then tossing the other to Isaac.

The meaning here would surely be obvious. However, even if the solution was clear, getting there was another question. This was especially apparent as the azure Wake - despite a bleeding wound on its side - gets up to its feet, briefly swaying, and lets out another shrieking Noble Roar!

Baron, however, was undaunted by the display. Spear readied, he charges forward once more, into the fray!

Though his energy was beginning to run low, he was still a machine - and stamina was more a suggestion than a rule for his kind. The Wake, not so much - it was beginning to tire from the repeated exchanges in this extended fight, that much was clear.

Thus, as the raptor lets loose a Hydro Steam his way, Baron is already on the move. He charges straight into the attack, caring naught of the way his chassis groans under the pressure and from the extreme heat; in fact, it is his plan to withstand the attack completely. Under the cover of the steamclouds that billow in the attack's wake, he comes in close to land a devastating Close Combat..!

Once more, the Walking Wake is brought tumbling down - and this time, as it opens its maw to try and let loose another projectile attack, Baron strikes its jaw with the shaft of his spear. With a flourished twirl, he brings the blade down to point it towards the beast - a clear threat.

Though the others may not be immediately aware of it, Baron would 'speak' to the Wake. He impressed upon it the simple fact that if this fight were to continue, that it would likely die, as he would protect his charge to the end. And with this knowledge came a simple command; to leave, or to stand down.

The Wake growled in response, as it stared him in the eye. Slowly, almost cautiously, it'd shift to bring its feet underneath it - but it did not immediately stand back up. Instead, it would stay low to the ground - letting out a low warbling sound as it gazed to its brethren, a sound that Baron could only read as worry for the other.

Here, El commented softly "Will MUGEN let up on the other Paradox, too..?"

Baron looked to the other Wake, and to MUGEN - the two locked in a far more violent fight. But he would reach his mind out to the Genesect, with but a simple request that it, too, would allow the Wake a chance to stand down.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 16:13:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Never been better." Isaac flashed El a cheeky grin as he drew more water along the tips of his fingers. He ran it over his reddened skin, sighing in relief from both his magic powers and the water's natural chill. "Come on, you know me. Gonna take way more than some two-bit ripoff artist to make me blink."[break][break]

The Walking Wake surely would have taken offense to that if it wasn't busy hitting MUGEN with everything it had. A pair of afterburners left the Genesect dip down after their collision, its arms unfolding to snare the Walking Wake tightly. No matter how hard it tried to Bite MUGEN, they refused to give in, using another pulse of their Magnet Rise to pull themselves into the sky.[break][break]

Thinking quick, Isaac rolled some more Magnet Bombs into the shadow of the polarized Genesect. With a connection formed, the resulting aerial suplex landed with an extraordinary amount of force. Dazed and stunned, the Walking Wake could barely even focus on the cannon snaking out from MUGEN's back. Its shine reflected off of the sparkling cavern floor as it charged, brighter and brighter by the second.[break][break]

"Alright, MUGEN. That's enough."[break][break]

Unlike Baron, MUGEN was not making a threat. He was making an execution. Nevertheless, as Isaac stepped forward and set a hand on their cannon, MUGEN begrudgingly accepted it. The cannon retracted into their back with a disappointed hiss. As they stormed away, Isaac approached the Walking Wake. It glared defiantly at him, crimson eyes blaring all the while.[break][break]

Those crimson eyes were soon met by another. Suicune hopped off of their icy platform, landing by Isaac's side without so much as making a sound. They met their distorted mirror head on, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. The Pressure was like standing in the center of a boiler room. Even Isaac had to take a step back, lest he be crushed beneath their inner struggle.[break][break]

Finally, the Walking Wake bowed its head towards its alpha.[break][break]

Surprisingly, Suicune's eyes narrowed in displeasure. They shook their head, instead using a pulse of Extrasensory power to help the Walking Wake rise to its feet. The two of them were both strangers in a strange land. This world wasn't Suicune's home any more than it was the Wake's. Yet in spite of this, they had found their own destiny.[break][break]

Their point made, Suicune turned to walk away. The Walking Wake watched it pass, then rose to its feet with its head held high. Even as it limped from lingering paralysis and the injuries of a battle well fought, it refused to let Suicune leave its sights. The Johtonian beast slowed slightly, one last reward for the prideful paradox.[break][break]

Together, they strode side by side.[break][break]

uFYxTHsf

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 1:30:30 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Under the Pressure, even the azure Wake - who wasn't as near by Suicune - was a little cowed. It was thoroughly outmatched, it recognized by now...

And El, meanwhile, sighed with relief that these two Paradoxes were spared. Even these otherworldly pokemon, invasive and often hostile as they were, the kindhearted Ranger didn't want to see anyone get seriously hurt - or even die. Letting out Akero, the two would approach the azure Wake.

Which, when the Wake made a soft growl, they spoke softly in response. "It's okay," They murmured reassuringly, carefully kneeling down to get to the raptor's level. "I just want to patch everyone up, okay?" Glancing and gesturing to Akero, they'd have her let loose a Life Dew for everyone - Wakes and combatants both.

As the dew sprinkled down upon Wake, it would relax a little - the pain relief putting it at ease. It let out a chirpy warbling croon, a more curious sound, as it looked to the pokemon, then to the humans. Outside of combat, it seemed that this one had a somewhat milder personality.

And as its eyes fell upon El, their smile grew a little, and they carefully held out a hand to it. "Do you want to be friends?" They asked softly.

The Walking Wake considered it. Its eyes cast over El - then to the softly-whistling Akero - and then to Baron, whose mind brushed against its own in a more gentle and amicable fashion. Then its gaze once more fell upon El - and slowly, tentatively... It'd sniff their palm, before briefly nuzzling into it, feather-light.

El smiled at this - a good sign. They would wait until they were someplace quieter to figure out this Wake's comfort zone - but for now... Bringing out the empty pokeball, they'd reach to gently tap it against the Paradox, to bring it in. And without a fight, the ball clicked - the wake was happy to come with them.

Holding the ball close, El would get up to glance over to Isaac - smiling to his Wake, as it followed after Suicune. "Guess Suicune's getting a little pack, huh?" They mused humorously, joining back up with the others.

Glancing over to Isaac - as they returned Akero, and brought Bibidi and Haro back out - they'd add "This was a real nice find - I'm looking forward to getting to know our new buddies!" But of course, finishing the survey was first - Baron might have taken a bit of a beating, but the others were still plenty good to keep going.

What else would they find, down in these crystalline caverns..?
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AZ Explore - El & Isaac
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 9:37:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: