She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
GC Excursion A: No Items, Mitsuru vs. Leilani, Great Chasm
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 5:27:21 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
Mitsuru was lost.

That wasn't surprising, since she didn't even know where she was going to begin with. In her defence, it wasn't like there was some kind of handy GPS she could follow! And even if there was, it probably wouldn't show her what she was looking for. Entei, Raikou, and Suicine were wanderers by nature, never staying in one place long. No, it would take much more than a simple map to track them down. If she wanted to find them, it would take sharp perception, unyielding persistence, and overwhelming perseverance.

...She really wasn't cut out for this, was she? Not even in the slightest...

S-still, though! Everything would work out fine! All she had to do was just keep on looking. Surely, if she kept at it, she'd find something eventually, right?

With her head held high and a glass-half-full attitude, Mitsuru pressed on, continuing her hunt for the legendary beasts.

hi_pSTis
close tab

played by

Madda

Lei
she/her
January 3
Konikoni City
Bi
Thief
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leibae
Leilani Kalawai'a
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 21:04:34 GMT
Leilani Kalawai'a Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Leilani, conversely, had been having an alright time on this assignment. She didn't memorize all of the area around since her first mission here, but she knew enough to not get frazzled when being chased by something. The woman sat against a tree, chewing on a sandwich as she had taken a break from scoping out the chasm in full, before a woman had popped out of the clearing in front of her.

And boy, was she a mess. It reminded her of the tourist season back home. Just sensory overload and not knowing where to go so bad, it was written as clear as day on your face. It turn, it made it that easier to pick them apart from the crowd, which was a good or bad thing depending on the person.

”You lost?”

Leilani asked, wiping some leftover residue from her lips as she glanced over to the other woman.

”This place is dangerous to be alone. Any friends nearby?”

[break]JipGHZP5
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 0:24:15 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
"Oh!"

She really shouldn't be surprised at this point, to see a friendly face. Between her chance reunion with , and her dropping in on , she'd already come across more than a few in her travails throughout the Great Chasm. Still, to see someone acting so casually in a place like this...

Ooo, maybe they were a Ranger! That made sense! She'd heard that they'd been working to scout this place out, and she'd even seen a few of their outposts. She'd made a point to avoid them, though. She technically wasn't supposed to even be here, being a civillian and all, and the last thing she wanted was to be detained when she was so close to finding what she was looking for.

But maybe this was a good thing? After all, if this stranger WAS a ranger, then she probably knew the lay of the land. She might've even spotted the Legendary Beasts while she was down here!

"Me? Um, not exactly, but... Kind of?" Mitsuru explained, beginning the long walk across the clearing. "I know where I am, I just... Don't know where I'm going. I-I know I'm not supposed to be here alone! But I'm looking for something, and I need to find it before it's too late. You, er, wouldn't happen to have seen any big colourful dogs around here, would you?"

q6A7naHL
close tab

played by

Madda

Lei
she/her
January 3
Konikoni City
Bi
Thief
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leibae
Leilani Kalawai'a
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 0:43:15 GMT
Leilani Kalawai'a Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Leilani flicked the sunglasses she wore back onto her forehead, eyes locked onto the other woman. She looked like a mess, quite honestly. Like a Rockruff that was separated from its pack. Shivering and totally lost in the grand scheme of the world. She moved across the clear while Lei nodded along.

"I see..." Or maybe she didn't. So far, it looked like she was trying to find something. Lei's eyes perked up at the mention of specific canines.

"I haven't." she began, returning her gaze to her sandwich, "But so am I. I've been looking for a while. Stopped for lunch when you came in."

She took another large bite of her lunch and finished up the bottom portion. An awkward silence came over the two of them while the Alolan had wondering what else to say. She cursed herself for not being the social butterfly her partner was in situations like these.

"I'm Leilani. Tend to explore around uncharted areas before anybody."

[break]_LOygasV
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 4:32:03 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
So, this Ranger was also looking for the Legendary dogs, huh? Mitsuru supposed that wasn't surprising, all things considered. After all, it wasn't like she had some kind of exclusive intel. The rumours she'd read were simply out there on the internet, free for anyone to read. It made sense that the League would've seen them, too, and it made just as much sense that they'd try and track them down.

Judging by her choice of words, though, it seemed like they hadn't found them yet. Which... Was that good, or bad? She wasn't quite sure. N-not that Mitsuru didn't trust the League, mind! But...

"...Ah."

Darn. Not going to be that easy, huh? Mitsuru breathed a small sigh, before taking a deep breath. And then? A crushing silence descended upon the pair, growing heavier and heavier with every passing second. The mystic simply stood there awkwardly, wondering what to say. Was she supposed to say anything? She'd been run so ragged trying to get around in this treacherous place that her brain was completely frazzled. She struggled to grasp at obvious social cues, trying to figure out what question or quip she needed to vocalise to break the building tension.

Fortunately, she didn't need to, as Leilani got to the introductions first. Right! That was what she'd forgot! Hah, ha ha, hah... She wanted to take a nap so bad...

"I'm Mitsuru. Mitsuru Kagami." She introduced herself in kind, performing a brisk bow of greeting before righting herself once more. "It's very nice to meet you. You have a lovely name! It's Alolan, right?"

HZF9jLvV
close tab

played by

Madda

Lei
she/her
January 3
Konikoni City
Bi
Thief
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leibae
Leilani Kalawai'a
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 6:12:36 GMT
Leilani Kalawai'a Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Mitsuru. Pretty name."

Leilani smirked as the other woman introduced herself, clearing the air. It had been a bit of a worrisome scenario as the awkwardness between the both of them had been reduced to zero for the time being. WHy somebody like her was all alone in a place like this was beyond her. SO it looked like it fell on her to care for her.

This was starting to become a trend.

"And yeah. I'm from Alola. Nice to meet ya."

She stood up from her seat and motioned for Mitsuru to follow her as she started to lead the way forward on the hunt for the dogs.

"Your name. You from Kanto or Johto?"

[break]XV5NLCmf
close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 9:07:02 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
Well, this has went surprisingly well! After all of this blind wandering, it was good to be with someone who knew the lay of the land. N-not that the others didn't know, mind! But a ranger? A ranger didn't just know, they knew. With Leilani leading the way, finding these dogs would be a piece of cake!

At least, that was the hope. For all she knew, they could've long since left, or the rumours could've been false, or... Well, she was trying not to worry about that right now!

"I'm from Johto, originally." She explained as she walked, keeping her eyes peeled for any pits of quicksand or sudden drops as she did so. "Ecrutreak City, to be specific. Just moved to Hoenn recently! Wanted a fresh start..."

She trailed off. Oops. Veering a little too personal, there. Better course correct real quick.

"So, um, have you been here long? The chasm, I mean."

SI5SJ|Q3
close tab

played by

Madda

Lei
she/her
January 3
Konikoni City
Bi
Thief
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leibae
Leilani Kalawai'a
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 19:55:45 GMT
Leilani Kalawai'a Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was a pretty nice spot to be in, from the sound of Misturu's little situation. Lost in the world (and this huge chasm) without any place to go or run around with. It was hard to say she would be envious to be in her position, but Leilani found a world without Rocket's collar around her neck rather nice.

"Fresh starts are nice." Lei nodded in agreement, "Enjoy your time in Hoenn?"

She pushed through the forest and flora with the other woman, wishing she had a Pokemon to deal with this kind of lawn cutting deal that would make this immensely easier. The vines around the trees looked ancient, and she did stop to admire them for a moment before pushing through.

"Been here for a few hours. Kinda wished I had a day off to explore fully, but work's work." she then paused, putting a hand in front of the other.

Lei looked back to Misturu, motioning to a giant footprint that rested before them.

"Somebody's been here." Her eyes shot to the signs of a struggle: a fallen, bent row of tress, charred remnants of trees and more that dotted the grass. "Looks like a fight."

[break]A04AH4Sx
close tab

played by

Raptor

Tsuru
She/Her
April 8
Ecruteak City
Straight(?)
"Occultist"
Civillian
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tsuru
Mitsuru Kagami
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 10:09:22 GMT
Mitsuru Kagami Avatar
"Yeah! Yeah, it's nice..."

Except for her crippling debt that just seemed to grow and grow by the day, but that was neither here nor there. Oh, and the constant disasters that befell the reason, like that Kyurem incident or the Toxic Chain thing. Other than those tiny little problems? It was good! She liked Hoenn. It was a land rich with history and ripe with mythology. Plus, her local Pokemart had a two for twenty deal on bottles of wine, so it couldn't be that bad!

Must be nice, though. Being a ranger, that is. Good pay, get to explore the region, help people while doing it... Oh well.

She slouched down a little. But at the sight of the giant footprint, she immediately perked up. Could it have belonged to one of the dogs she was searching for. Carefully, she took a few steps into the battlefield, looking for any sign of where they might've gone, any lead the she could follow, any--

--Box that she could trip over.

And she did, stumbling right over the strange chest, knocking it and herself over onto the ground. After laying there confused for a moment, she quickly turned around to look at it, only to find even more confusion.

"...Gimmighoul?"

Indeed. Not just one Gimmighoul, though. The chest was filled to the brim with Gimmighoul, one for each coin inside it. And judging by the irritated expressions on their tiny faces, they were none too pleased by having their home displaced by this gigantic oaf.

"H-Hey! What's with those mean looks? It was an accident! Let's not be hasty! We can talk about- EEP!"

Like a swarm of termites upon wood, the Gimmighoul descended upon Mitsuru, delivering dozens of devastating Astonishes to her. By the time all was said and done and the ghosts returned back to their box, the damage was done. The mystic laid there, badly wounded, comatose, and... Okay, no, she was mildly hurt at worst, and just passed out. Still, the result was the same - She was completely and utterly defeated.

And yet, it still wasn't the worst thing that happened to her that day...

oHKcWcET
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights