474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
you make this home a house
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 18:47:54 GMT
parker jones Avatar
turns out there's no shortage of real estate in sootopolis. it's almost like if a terrorist organization occupies a city, people flee their homes and scummy landlords who no doubt work for said organization take advantage of the situation. parker had spent a decent amount of time on the computer looking for reputable realtors. y'know, someone still looking out for the people who don't have the means to move out of the city. 

prices are low too, at least. 

maisey trots beside nomi because she knows nomi is more inclined to smother her in random bouts of pets and kisses. 

"i've never lived in a house with fuckin' stairs," she says, squinting up at them. it's open concept. lots of light. blah blah blah.

"i dunno, nomes. the laundry room's, like, basically in the kitchen."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 20:04:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi had absolutely smothered Maisey, stopping every other house or so to crouch down and scratch behind her ears. Kallistatus did not know much about the human tendency to cohabitate within physical structures, but it had drifted dutifully along nonetheless. They'd made for a rather whimsical group, a cotton candy assortment of vibrant affection traversing the streets of the Rocket-controlled city, its backdrop dreary in comparison.[break][break]
"You haven't?" Nomi asked, surprised.[break][break]
Her own home in Johto had been a multi-story ancestral unit, connected to shrine grounds just outside of Ecruteak City. Her grandmother's family had tended to the bamboo forests surrounding the shrine. It was surreal to think back to when she'd lived on that estate, only a few miles north of the Ruins of Alph.[break][break]
Had she always been destined for this?[break][break]
"But you're right," she scrunched up her nose, displeased. "This one feels cramped. And the basement isn't finished! We're going to need that for your home gym."

TAGS[break]
NOTESOutfit | Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 5:14:26 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"babe, i lived in a glorified shed." most days, they were lucky they had electricity or running water. wasn't until a couple years after parker was old enough to read and understand the bills on the table that she could figure out how to pay 'em and even then, squirreling the cash away to do so was a bitch and a half. 

parker stretches out her arms. fingertip to fingertip, they touch the walls, and she says, "becky, please. we told you we have the money. can the next one not be poopy garbage?"

maisey's panting by the time they've gotten there. it's a couple neighborhoods away, nestled on a fairly busy streetcorner, but there's a cafe around the corner that sells some boss ass donuts parker loves. a modest juliet balcony overlooks a small slice of backyard and the interior is definitely homier.

"mmm, close 'nough to your la-work. place. the workplace. where you work. look, nomes, the fridge has two doors."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 15:11:27 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi frowned as Becky prattled on about the merits of the next - and final - house on their list. She tried to pay attention, but she didn't like the way Becky seemed to only address her, ignoring Parker's opinions as if they were just background noise. She was obviously judging Parker's rough-and-tumble attitude, the way she carried herself like a fighter, the crude humor that Nomi couldn't live without.[break][break]
Maisey perked up at the scent of donuts, despite her obvious exhaustion. Nomi stared up at the house, frozen in place. It was...it was cute. Not in a saccharine, over-the-top way. In a I-could-really-see-me-and-my-wife-living-here way. Except Parker wasn't her wife. Yet.[break][break]
Were they baking strawberry donuts today?[break][break]
"Coming!" She hurried inside after Becky.[break][break]
The interior didn't disappoint. Two floors, a finished basement, a small backyard. Running her fingertips along the wall - delicately, as if pressing too hard might make the whole place disappear - she followed Parker into the kitchen. White cabinets, granite countertops, cream tile backsplash. Cherry wood accents, rustic shelving, a kitchen table that seated six. The fridge did have two doors.[break][break]
"Gas burner!" Nomi declared. "Those are way better than electric." Her preference in the lab, too.[break][break]
Something else caught her eye. She oohed softly, padding over to the primary kitchen window, its sill large enough for several potted plants.[break][break]
"Perfect light," she smiled. "I could grow herbs here, for cooking."

TAGS[break]
NOTESkitchen inspiration | outfit | Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 2:55:06 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker doesn't mind the fact that becky doesn't seem to give two shits about her input. it'll be nice, pretty womaning her when the time is right. nomi's putting a good chunk of change into the place, but parker's insisted a lot of it be hers. she's always wanted a house. 

always thought it was a pipe dream too. 

it has character to it. someone who cares about aesthetics lived here, for sure. the paint on the walls is a little scuffed; some of the plaster is worn down in places. but parker squeezes her way into any small crawl spaces to check for water damage or shoddy craftsmanship. 

"yeah, for cooking," parker says, every bit of it dripping with sarcasm, complete with a brow waggle. neither of them partake in the Devil's Lettuce, but it's fun to see becky look a little uncomfortable.

parker tromps up the stairs and then pokes her head back over the open air walkway. "becky, can ya watch maisey? haaates stairs and nomes, come look at this bathtub," she says, fiending by the door, waiting to snap her hand out to snatch nomi by the waist and yank her close. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 15:53:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi rolled her eyes at Parker's comment about the "herbs", but enjoyed the way Becky's reddened cheeks puffed slightly with annoyance as she was asked to babysit. Maisey's tongue lolled, slobber dripping onto the realtor's heels. Nomi giggled as she rounded the corner, leaving them behind in the kitchen.[break][break]
She dashed up the stairs, feeling suddenly giddy. It was like the air was charged with a peculiar voltage, something that made her whole body buzz with excitement.[break][break]
This is real. This is really happening.[break][break]
She didn't need strong arms to grab her to fall easily into Parker's embrace. Her own hands tangled themselves effortlessly in her girlfriend's short-cropped red hair. She was kissing her instead of looking at the bathtub (claw-footed and definitely big enough for two, she'd notice later), and because she was drunk on dreams-coming-true, a coyness came over her tone of voice, and she had half a mind to start begging for Parker to take her right there on the tile floor.[break][break]
"I want to live here with you," she declared instead, though the sultry wanting was still unmistakably evident. They hadn't even seen it all, technically, but she felt fairly certain that this was the one.

TAGS[break]
NOTESkitchen inspiration | outfit | Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:27:44 GMT
parker jones Avatar
it's not fair that nomi knows her well enough to expect the way she snatches at her waist, because now parker's the one letting out a surprised and turned on mmmm when nomes immediately tousles up her hair. she drags her close, one hand dropping possessively to her ass, but before they can show becky what it means to really make love, nomi finds her sense. 

parker nuzzles affectionately at the side of her neck, planting kisses, and saying, "i wanna live here with you too. you 'n maisey 'n hell even alphabet soup can come too. i'm sure they'd love it."

maybe she can teach them how to play fetch in the backyard. wouldn't that be something. 

there are things about slateport she's going to miss. her routine, for one thing, but hell that's been screwed since the day she met nomi. that's just it, isn't it? everything's gotten all turned upside down since she had bodyguard duty for this drop-dead gorgeous super genius. 

once, that would have frightened her. now she wouldn't have it any other way. 

"'kay, now let's go tell becky we're gonna take it at asking price 'cause we fuckin' can and then tell her she's invited over for dinner 'cause i bet ya that shit husband of hers don't cook."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights