awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 11:30:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Another day at work in the Vaneau family ranch. Shiny Pokémon were sought out by Breeders due to their biological quirks, but there was just one issue: Nala, like most Nidoqueen, was barren.

Normally, Andrea was ideologically opposed to the use of Ditto for breeding purposes, but in this case, it was the only way for Simba to become a papa. The Nidoking was successfully fooled by the transformation, and went to do what was dictated by the circle of life.

Granting her two pocket monsters some much needed privacy, Andrea tended to the rest of her chores for the day. Fetching two large bags of organic Pokémon food, the young cosplayer trudged towards the feeders, panting from the exercise.

“Hah hah… so… heavy.” Hopefully, the volunteer enlisted by her parents would arrive soon.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 13:26:47 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha stepped out of the Corviknight taxi with her Pawmo in tow and closed the door behind her. As the great bird lifted the carriage to depart, the woman took a deep breath of fresh mountain air. How wonderful, to get out of the city for a change. [break][break]

Looking around, Sasha found herself at the gates of a ranch specializing in shiny Pokémon. She'd been curious about it ever since she'd heard about it, but hadn't found time to visit. Until that day, of course. [break][break]

Walking down the main path of the ranch, Sasha noticed a younger woman engaged in chores. Drawing up to the fence, Sasha leaned her hands against it and called out to get the girl's attention. [break][break]

"Hello! Do you work here? I'm Sasha, the volunteer for the day."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1"]--accent:#ff8503;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 14:02:35 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The dragon-costumed maiden jovially waved at the other woman. “Nice to meet you, Sasha! Wow, you look really pretty! My name’s Andrea!” She introduced herself, while also lacking any sort of filter.

“Can you help me with this?” Andrea requested, offering one of the two bags of food to the beautiful blonde. “We need to get these to the feeders over there.” She explained.

With the weight shared between the two of them, the country bumpkin with the odd fashion sense felt comfortable engaging in some small talk. “How much do you know about Pokémon Breeding, Sasha?”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 14:21:28 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha laughed lightly at Andrea's forwardness. The comment on her appearance did not bother her in the slightest, not when it came from an adorable girl. "It's nice to meet you, too." [break][break]

She took the food bag from the other woman and followed her toward the feeders. For the first time that day, Sasha was grateful she'd chosen to wear a casual outfit consisting of worn, paint-stained overalls and tall work boots. [break][break]

"I have to admit, I don't know anything about it beyond the basics," she replied, hefting the bag higher in her arms. It was heavier than she expected, and she wasn't physically strong to begin with. "You need a male and a female, and the female produces eggs." [break][break]

Was spring the breeding season for Pokémon? Did such a thing even exist?

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 19:43:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"That's usually true, but sometimes even Pokémon that don't have a gender can produce eggs." The young PokéManiac continued explaining, while pouring the contents of the bag into the feeder, drawing the attention of various farm critters that occupied the scenic ranch.

One of them was a Nidoqueen with two dots and a straight line for a face. The unusual Pokémon was revealed to have been a Ditto in disguise. A blue Nidoking followed after the gelatinous imposter, carrying half a dozen eggs in its beefy arms.

"Whoa, Simba, that's a lot of eggs!" Andrea exclaimed in awe. No wonder the Ditto looked so exhausted. "You're gonna be a papa soon! Congrats!"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 13:44:58 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha considered Andrea's words but didn't probe for more details. Frankly, she didn't want to think about how genderless Pokémon reproduced. She'd learned about asexual reproduction in high school biology and that explanation was more than enough for her. [break][break]

As they poured food into the feeder, Pawmo popped up onto his hind legs and sniffed the delicious meal aggressively. He reached a paw to scoop a handful, but Sasha slapped it away. "It's not for you," she chided him. [break][break]

Andrea's sudden exclamation prompted Sasha to look up at the new arrivals. The Nidoqueen was obviously a Ditto, and the Nidoking… [break][break]

Sasha blinked, equally astouded. "My goodness," she said, a knowing smile spreading across her face. "That's a lot of eggs from one mama. Are you raising all of them on the ranch?" [break][break]

The feeders were sizeable, but she doubted they would be enough for six new, hungry mouths.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 14:14:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea couldn’t help but laugh at the Pawmo’s antics. “Heh. I’ve got something right here for this hungry little guy!” She shoved a hand into one of her onesie’s pockets, pulling out a plump and juicy berry, which she offered to the orange rodent.

The young cosplayer addressed Sasha’s next query. “The idea is to raise them here until we find someone willing to adopt them. Nidoran make for great partners if you know how to handle them. Once they evolve, that’s when the effort of training them really pays off!”

Nala, the real Nidoqueen, cradled half the eggs in her arms, crooning happily. Even though she had not laid those eggs herself, she would nurture them as if they were her children until they found a permanent home.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 13:53:45 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Pawmo's eyes went wide and his jaw dropped when Andrea pulled the berry out of her pocket. His little paws reached up to take the fruit from her. Without a moment's hesitation, he chowed down, juice staining the fur around his mouth as he munched away happily. [break][break]

Sasha laughed lightly at Pawmo's joy, but looked up again when Andrea spoke to answer her question. "I see. That makes sense. Do you breed and raise specific kinds of Pokémon for trainers, or any and all?" [break][break]

The feedbag in Sasha's hands was now empty. She absently folded it up to occupy her hands during the conversation.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 15:49:56 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
While her Pokémon gathered around the feeder, eagerly devouring all the food that had been poured into it, Andrea noticed the empty bag neatly folded up in Sasha’s hands. “There’s a recycle bin inside the barn. That’s also where we keep the egg incubators. Follow me.”

While making their way to the barn, she addressed the volunteer’s latest question. “We mostly breed Pokémon that belong in the Monster or Dragon egg group, because those are the strongest and coolest! Occasionally, though, we get requests for different species, so we make sure to raise a wide variety of Pokémon in the ranch.”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 23:57:49 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha followed Andrea into the barn. As was her habit, she immediately took stock of the building's interior, memorizing the layout and counting her steps back to the entrance. Absently, she bobbed her head in small nods as she half-listened to Andrea's answer. [break][break]

"That makes a lot of business sense. Whatever's hot on the market must sell pretty well, and Monster and Dragon egg groups are probably always in demand." [break][break]

She spotted the recycling bin and carefully slid the empty, folded bag into the receptacle. Pawmo, still cradling his half-eaten berry, followed her there and back to Andrea's side. [break][break]

"I've never raised a Pokémon from an egg before," Sasha said thoughtfully, folding an arm across her stomach while she rested her chin on her other fist. "I bet a lot of work goes into it compared to training one that's ready for battle." [break][break]

In comparison, she had a lot of experience with that.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 8:57:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“They sure are!” The dragon-hooded girl beamed, sliding her own bag into the recycling bin as well. “I love all Pokémon, but I especially love Pokémon that look big and strong!”

Based on the high demand for Gible and Larvitar, a lot of trainers probably felt the same way.

“Raising them is kinda like raising a human baby.” The draconic cosplayer continued, while meticulously placing each of the eggs inside egg incubators. “A Pokémon is capable of battling as soon as it hatches. Doesn’t mean it’s good at it, though.”
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 20:47:14 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Mmm, you're definitely not the only one," Sasha said agreeably, though her own tastes ran the opposite. She preferred small Pokémon that didn't look particularly strong. It had always been her own form of rebellion. [break][break]

After watching Andrea put the first couple of eggs into the incubator, Sasha lent a hand with the rest. She always prided herself in being a quick learner; she paid close attention to how Andrea handled the eggs and made adjustments to the machine before doing the same herself. [break][break]

A rueful smile touched her lips. "I don't suppose I'll ever know what it'll be like to raise a human baby," she said, more accepting than regretful. All her recent dating prospects had shriveled up into dust, and she'd given up for the time being. [break][break]

"But I suppose it makes sense for Pokémon to know how to fight soon after hatching. How else are they supposed to survive in the wild, you know?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 13:08:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Working together made things progress so much smoother. In a matter of minutes, all the eggs had safely been encapsulated. It would take time and patience for them to hatch, but the difficult part had already been done.

"Thanks for the help, Sasha!" Her contribution was rewarded with a smile. A smile that faltered somewhat at her next statement. "Oh... You don't need a human baby to be happy, you know." The younger woman pointed out.

A Pokéball popped open, releasing a tiny Fuecoco that immediately jumped into Andrea's loving embrace, growling happily. "This is Jalapeño. He's MY baby, even though I didn't give birth to him." The eccentric trainer said proudly.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
23 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 17:21:53 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Andrea's words of reassurance were well-meaning, but Sasha guessed that Andrea was much younger than her, based on her choice of dress. She gave the onesie-clad woman a polite smile, which quickly softened with warmth as the Fuecoco popped out of his Pokéball. [break][break]

"A pleasure to meet you, Jalapeño," Sasha said to the small reptile, laughing lightly. Addressing Andrea once more, she continued, "If that's the case, I do have my own Pokémon, too. Like Pawmo here." [break][break]

At the sound of his name, the orange-furred rodent perked up. The berry he'd been eating had vanished into his stomach; all that remained were juice stains around his mouth and on his forepaws. [break][break]

"But what makes Jalapeño your 'baby' compared to other Pokémon in your care? Like these?" [break][break]

She gestured to the Nidoking and Nidoqueen who had followed the two women into the barn.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Imposter Syndrome [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 8:26:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“Oh, so Pawmo is your son.” The pajama-clad girl smiled anew, crouching on her knees in order to get a better look at the tangerine rodent. “I can kinda see the resemblance!” She remarked without a hint of irony or sarcasm.

At Sasha’s latest question, Andrea gazed between the two Poison types and the Fuecoco currently nestled in her arms. “I love all of my Pokémon, obviously, but this little one imprinted on me, so I’m his mama!” She explained, kissing the top of her son’s head.

Looking back at the egg incubators that had all been sorted out, the self-proclaimed croco-mom nodded to herself. “Looks like our work here is done! Thanks for the help! You and Pawmo are free to stick around, if you want, and if you have nothing else to do.”