Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
What's yours is Mine and what's mine is mine [M/Howard]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 0:04:09 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

WYIMAWMIM

Ft.

It had been a a couple of weeeks since that mess happened.

Many lives had been lost— All due to a terrorist attack from the nefarious team rocket, of course, according to the Mossdeep City PD.

Gwyar hadn't had much input into it. He had been... off since then. Polite as ever, but his smile was notably empty, and his head appeared to be in the clouds.

Enough so that the top brass had taken over the handling of that catastrophe.

For the most part.

"Apologies for requesting you on such short notice, Mr. Slayte." The officer said as the appraiser finally arrived.

A man with a seemingly unending list of qualifications, the largest amount of logged excavations in Hoenn as of april 2024— and also an appraiser found on old phone books, for some reason.

"Please, do follow me." Gwyar said simply.

They were in Mossdeep's docks.

As if to snarl at Howard in the face, the goods he had fairly acquired and the police had unfairly stolen had been relocated to... the warehouse directly besides the original one.

"Come on in." Gwyar said, casually throwing open the double steel doors of the warehouse. "Everything here has been logged. If I can be of any help, let me know."

The top brass didn't want him back on the field until he got his head out of the clouds anyway.

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,822 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 9:02:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Artifact appraisers were a dime a dozen. It was remarkably easy for someone to watch a few seasons of Pawniard Stars and claim to be a professional when it came to grading antiques. Those who had the ability to back up their claims were far rarer, and Howard had a history a mile long.

Howard put himself in the region's top five best appraisers. That was good, because the other four had a stable source of employment. He was left working for the mob.

"Yes, thank you." Howard nodded in thanks as he entered the warehouse. He let his eye widen and sparkle as he looked at the shelves upon shelves of artifacts. "Wooooow! Incredible! This is super cool! I've seen museums with smaller collections than this!"

That was because it was his collection, bought and sold on his dollar. Now, it was in the custody of Gwyar and Mossdeep PD. It was so tantalizingly close, yet there was nothing to be done.

He had to get close to this man. He had to understand what made this man tic.

"Is this from that one bust? On the news?" The admin turned to Gwyar and put his hand on his hip. "Am I allowed to let my Carbink out? He's my assistant."

Not like Gemsly was a threat. Gwyar could throw a nickel at the fairy and likely knock it out. Still, it helped to be cordial.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 17:40:37 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

WYIMAWMIM

Ft.

"It is quite impressive, isn't it? Curious, too." Gwyar said absent mindedly, staring at nothing in particular. "Despite losing Prince Remiel, Team Rocket's ability to deal in antique contraband does not appear terribly diminished."

Which meant they had another expert amongst them. Perhaps several. One who could perfectly appraise the value of whatever was acquired so as maintain and steady the declining flow following the galarian prince's betrayal...

Had Gwyar been less out of it, or perhaps more inclined to recall the events of that night, he might've noticed the fact that the expert besides him matched in both height, build, and apparent visual impairment to the new Admin 'Fox'.

As it were, the other man bringing up 'that one bust' merely made him more inclined to not think about it, his ever present smile weakening.

"By all means, if it helps with your work." He said with a nod, skipping on the uncomfortable question first while gathering his thoughts.

"And... yes. This is Team Rocket's... latest contraband." He said, dryly. "Unfortunately for everyone involved, they chose Mossdeep as a port."

Perhaps an indictment to the local Police force.

Unfortunately, Gwyar had kicked Mossdeep DP in the pants and gotten them to actually earn their tax dollars upon arrival... arguably leading up to all this.

TL;DR:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights