awards
451 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Move Your Body, Then Your Heart [S]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 18:13:24 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
What was a boulder to a mountain? Naught but a mere meager measure, nothing compared to the massive burden that haunted him.

But nobody would notice if it wasn’t there. And for that, Grigori nodded. “I have no choice but to trust you.

You are still my superior, after all,” he said. There would be threats. Fights. Danger. The odds of there not being a threat were zero. But, maybe, he’d get lucky. A faint hope, and a harmless one at that. He let the idea settle into the back of his mind, a thing to keep him optimistic in these dark, bleak times. "And I will be there. You have my word."

But this entire reveal left so much to be desired. He didn’t know details, manpower, nor if Howard’s fellow admins or even Underbosses knew of his plan. But he couldn’t worry about most of those– he was but a grunt, after all. Treason wasn't his burden to bear.

"How long do we have?

Yet he could be expected to know a date, for how much time he had to prepare. Physically, mentally, and psychologically.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 19:39:39 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"A few weeks. Maybe less. Maybe more." Howard wiggled his hand in uncertainty. "The timing is nebulous. I require more time to place the pieces I need on the board."

Grigori Sokolov was the perfect piece. Loyal, capable, adept. It pained Howard greatly to use the older man in this way, but the man's nature was ironclad. He was a friend, but he was also an asset in this war, and he was the perfect tool for many operations. There was a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.

The chain of command was to be acknowledged. The hierarchy was to be maintained. To question it was akin to treason. If Rocket expected it from him, then he'd use what had taught him.

Make a spectacle. Make a spectacular spectacle, and nobody would ever doubt you again.

"No choice but to trust me?" Howard's voice reeked with amusement as he gave Grigori a look. "You don't trust me normally?"

Not that he blamed Grigori. Howard hardly trusted himself anymore.

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
451 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 20:36:19 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Howard Slayte was becoming the perfect admin. The situation, the broad time to get things into order, even down to the metaphor of a chess board. Grigori wondered if his soul agonized as much as his own did. If for the same reasons. And if not, then how? Things best left unsaid and unknown.

But the mind ever wandered.

Only slightly personal,” he explained. Unfortunately, as his eyes glimmered, his mouth kept its signature ever-so-slight frown. “From December. But most of it is the position. No hard feelings.

So, that meant… late May, if everything took as long as possible. Early May, if they were lucky. These people would know peace for a month. The people had a penchant for impending doom, and maybe they would notice the stillness of the wind before the monsoon of disaster. Some surely would. Nature had a way to warn its people, directly or otherwise.

What will you have me do, to prepare? What little I can do, with the new training regime,” he asked. The glimmer died. Replaced with a momentary thousand-yard-stare. Hours upon hours of physical endurance tests, fights, stratagems. Hours of something he loathed, for a fight that’d drain his sanity. Then, he was back. “Even more training, I presume?

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 6:39:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Of course. I feel the same. If my past self saw where I was now, he'd spit on my shoes. He'd be right, of course. I can't help but feel that I've changed."

Threatening June, learning of Eternatus, being tasked with the objective of harnessing Regice's power for the glory of Rocket. He made a silent vow to himself to capture the other giants in the future, but such a task was impossible without amplifying Regice's existing power.

When had he started to chase power? He had never been suited for it. Howard Slayte was a scholar. He should've been back at Sootopolis, inspecting every inch of Regice to gleam its secrets and what it meant for Hoenn's history. Instead, he was here, preparing to use it as a tool against Eternatus.

It was simply too much.

"Train up some men. Discretely. Prepare. Inspect the island, the defenses that Navy has placed on Granite Cave, and report back to Sootopolis." Training would be easy, given 's policy towards improving the capacity of Rocket's newest grunts. The Offense Admin did his duty well.

Too well.

Howard would not be scrutinized by his superiors, allowing them to wait for him to err before executing him. There was too much work to be done.

"One last thing." A contingency. "If anything happens to me, you will take command of Regice. Use it to reactivate the other four golems and save this region."

It'd be a lot less stressful if Howard knew that he could tap out halfway through. A slacker 'till the end.

"Your word, Grigori."

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
451 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 19:30:21 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Change is natural, over the course of a life,” was all the comfort Grigori offered. His change was the realization of his position in life. How much pain he’d caused, and how much he regretted it. Nothing physically monumental, but every journey started with a single step.

Howard’s was that he was a lot more capable of doing bad things than he’d like to have admitted. Such was the nature of a human and their soul. Capable of many great things, like pioneering a mission to save a region, and perhaps even the world.

Capable of many awful things, like the furthering of the goals of a self-admitted totalitarian government.

I will do my best,” he promised. Their current training left many too tired to even complain by the end of it. It’d have to be augmented of what they already did; adding more would guarantee his failure. Even then, he didn't suspect he'd obtain more than a half-dozen bodies for the misison. But it'd have to suffice.

And… Mr. Howard?

Grigori patted him on the shoulder, a momentary pause as he started to leave the kitchen and back to the front door. “I will die before the situation deteriorates like such. We both know it.

And for that, you have my word.

He did not let the admin try to say anything otherwise. He strode with purpose back to the moving truck, his shoulders rolling all the while. Their break was over. It was time to return to work as a mover. A much simpler, thoughtless job. And for that, he was grateful.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 22:13:13 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven