He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
705 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:07:41 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The sounds of shuffling sand and simultaneous shouts could be heard all throughout Dewford Town. War was coming. No one knew when. No one knew where. But there was one thing for certain, Rocket was getting ready to strike soon. League operatives are dispatched far and wide to begin preparing for their invasion at any location that seemed to be targets, and with Noel having stemmed from this island, he volunteered to help out in any way he could for his hometown.[break][break]

Yet even though this was where he had grown up, could he call it home? His whole life he had dreamt nothing more than to escape the confines of this town surrounded by nothing but ocean, and now that he had, here he was again trying to save it. The reasons didn't matter, Rocket was planning an attack and Noel would fight with every being of his body to stop them. He was sure that would feel the same way.[break][break]

He leans back against a lone palm tree, a short rest after having carried so many heavy supplies around and transporting them to the necessary posts. A sigh escapes his lungs. His eyes look forward to the what once was a peaceful town, now transformed into a military outpost. Thoughts run rampant all throughout his mind, thinking of all the possibilities of what could happen here. He becomes oblivious to the world around him, not seeing that a familiar face was approaching.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 4:41:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she has been to so many cities in the past few hours, grazing by and touching them like checkpoints. reports are filtered as best as they can be, but most of it is noise, and her frustratoon at their lack of intel is palpable. already, she's snapped at the last two officers she's seen loitering with empty hands.

half a dozen of her roaring moons circle above them, casting long shadows. dewford isn't the only city with the flying sentinels. dragon tamers from the league's official draciary have been deployed to all major towns.

ori is behind her, the smallest of her salamence, but with him at her heels and the glinting of her silver sygna suit, she pitches an intimidating figure.

"break when this is over, ca - is that you, noel?" the barking orders soften when she recognizes him.
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
705 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 16:11:41 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

His body tenses up when the sounds of yelling could be heard nearby. His first thought was that he had gotten into trouble for taking even but a moment's rest. But when his name is called out, he looks to see the councilwoman speaking to him now. Or at least he thought it was her. Maybe it was the wooziness back then that hindered his memory of their meeting. There was one thing for certain though, he could never forget someone's voice.[break][break]

"Huh? Freya?"[break][break]

A simple smile greets his savior. Noel was quick to assume that such a dainty town wasn't worthy of someone of her position to take charge here. From what he experienced on those resurfaced islands however, this place had seen its fair share of war already. Due to its location, it might just be easy pickings for Rocket.[break][break]

"I take it your in command here? Sorry, I'll get back to work or else you might put me back in the hospital."[break][break]

A light chuckle is followed up by him standing back up straight. Stretching his arms out from them having rested too long before he resumes his normal posture once more.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 18:19:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

dainty town it may be, but it houses a portal to the ultra deep sea. it's not as big a port town as slateport, but the fisheries and canneries dotting the isle are key exports for the sleepy town. in the wake of everything that's happened, she needs to be in a dozen different places at once, with little time to stop and chat. 

"you're back on your feet faster than i thought you might be," she says and tilts her chin, suggesting he follow her. 

"a lot of other folks would have brushed with death like that and put their resignation letters in as soon as sense bled through all the adrenaline. yet here you are. why?"
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
705 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 14:56:41 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Truth be told, even though he was discharged from the hospital, he was still told to take it easy and to not stress his body out in any way. He was never going to listen to the doctor's advice however, there was just too much that needed to be done in such a short amount of time. When the call to action was sounded out, he would be one of the first to respond.[break][break]

Walking side by side, the two take a stroll around town, a light breeze cooling them off from the sun beaming down on them.[break][break]

If only today could be like any other day.[break][break]

"What help would me being set aside do? No matter how many times I fall down, I'll always get back up knowing that Rocket or any danger is out there. "[break][break]

He takes a deep breath before continuing on, "Of course I'm... scared of dying... But I'm even more scared of finding out what'll happen if Rocket manages to take over. Its because of that fear, that I'll keep fighting, until my body can't take it anymore."[break][break]

Stopping in his tracks, he takes a long look at Freya's face.[break][break]

"I know of Freya the councilwoman. But what is your reason for continuing on? Don't you ever get tired of it all?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Tranquil Tension [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 17:36:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she fires back with, "what help are you if you're an injured liability on the field?" but if he's been cleared for work, he's been cleared for work. gods know they don't have the bodies to spare. 

there are supplies that need moving and freya does not shy away from the labor. where they walk and where help is needed, she assists. most recognize her. some don't. she doesn't pay them any mind - no reassuring smiles or showy moves. just help

when he asks his question, she straightens and laughs a short, bitter laugh, wiping at the sweat on her brow.

"i'm like you. i have loved ones i care about. i have a home i still need to take back. and honestly?" she starts, resting a hand on the pommel of her sword, "i don't think i could do anything else anymore except fight."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights