She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
486 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 17:31:04 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gyms left a bitter taste in her mouth after her last loss against Josh. His disqualification burned like a scarlet letter against her skin. Losing to Gwyar had at least taught her something. All she had learned in the quick badge battle was that Josh thought her shadow Toxtricity thirsted for war and blood. He was a good pokemon, loyal despite the status that befell him as a Toxel. He was chaotic, but he wasn't a bad guy.

When she saw a lesson popping up while she was in the area, she decided she had nothing to lose. She filtered into the gym for a lesson in self-defense with a sour mood, but she hoped she would glean some wisdom. Maybe she could get her mojo back and get ready to challenge him again... but she still needed to play with some strategies. She had been hoping to bring Toxtricity against Gwyar, but if he reacted the same way, she wouldn't know how to take it. She couldn't abandon Toxtricity. He was a good pokemon.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 19:08:58 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A lesson learned in time

With

It was Tuesday. Which meant it was time for a little community strengthening.

Gwyar stood at the wide open gates of the Mossdeep Community Stadium, smiling brightly at each and every arrival. Each was greeted by name, even as the number of attendants dipped past the double digits and threatened to go into triple digits.

As he finished chatting with an old married couple, Gwyar raised his gaze and smiled, finding another familiar face.

"Ah, Ms. Coello." He said, holding out his hand. "So good to see you again. Have you come to join us?"

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
486 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:44:19 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin perked up at his greeting. Immediately, she felt welcomed. "Yes! I see I'm in good company for a lesson." She accepted the handshake, glad to see his lessons reached such a large crowd. He clearly knew what he was doing, or at least he knew how to string along dozens of people and keep 'em coming. He didn't strike her as much of an entertainer, though, so she suspected his advice was just that good. Given what he'd said after their battle, it was easy to believe.

"What are we learning today?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 19:52:38 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A lesson learned in time

With

"Same as ever." Gwyar said simply as he smiled down at her, turning his gaze back to the stadium's insides. "Pokemon self-defense."

Not quite pro-battling— but the lessons translated well. Having a solid grasp on the basics never hurt anyone.

"More specifically though, today we'll be focusing on functional & practical movesets." He said simply, before bringing his gaze back to her.

"So! Have you been well, young miss?" He asked, lightly tilting his head.

It had been a bit since they had last fought— he was glad she was there, but was curious as to why she had come then, if not before.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
486 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
a lesson learned in time
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 15:16:55 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Functional and practical movesets sounded good. Her team, generally, was too heavy on attack moves. She was eager to see what he had to teach. Her face fell at his question. She wasn't a very good liar, and her heart was still bleeding over everything that had happened lately. "I beat the Dewford gym, but I challenged Mauville and got disqualified. Everyone's been teaching me to do everything I can to win! And when I do it, I get punished? Am I supposed to survive every battle or not?" Her voice rose with emotion as she continued until the final question, where she corrected herself to a whisper.

She rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry. It's been a hard week, actually. I feel like I'm listening, but I can't do anything right." She wanted to rage about it further, really, but that anger only took her so far before she felt hollow. "Um, sorry. I do really want to learn. Better movesets make for better strategy."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights