Blow Ashes Blow [M][O]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 14:58:24 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","kazu1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","kazuimg"]

[attr="class","kazu2"]As a child, Kazuya had enjoyed his visits to Fall Arbor town. It brought up memories of his grandmother. A scarred woman whose entire life had been dedicated to holding a volcano in check. An enemy whose reflection was plain in her spitfire temper and tendency toward privacy. She had died while he was in prison. Buried in a ceremony that he had not been allowed to see.
[break][break]

Today, he intended to visit her grave. A single flower—her favorite—was laid on top of her tombstone. A plate-sized hand planted on cool stone as he murmured a prayer to some unseen god. He did wis unto her peace. For such a thing would bore her to tears. Instead, he bid her happiness in whatever existence continued. But this task seemed hollow.
[break][break]

To honor his memory, Kazuya knew he would have to assist the town she called home.
[break][break]

The ash coated everything like a worn-out blanket. One of the itchy, scratchy ones you find buried at the bottom of your grandmother’s closet. The town’s beauty was all but invisible. Even his grandmother’s house, a lovely little cottage, was lost beneath a layer of soot. “Misa.” The Wooper stopped its races around a mud puddle. Its bright eyes lifted to Kazuya’s inscrutable ones. “Per?” Its head tilted.
[break][break]

He swept his arm in an arc toward the town itself. The drab, grey wash covered every visible surface. “Let’s lend these people a hand.” His mouth did not move, but his voice was clear. “I will buy mochi on the way home.” With a delighted chirp, the Axolotl blasted a burst of water at a nearby storefront. Yellow peeked through as the thin layer of ash congealed and rolled down the storefront.
[break][break]

Then, the Wooper turned to unleash another Water Gun. But this time, its target had a face.

@open

[attr="class","kazu3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:10px roboto;--accent:#8385DA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 375px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 100px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazuimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2]padding: 20px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: -25px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:#B6B4E0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kazu3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 375px; height: 30px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #5F62CF; background-blend-mode: hard-light; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights