Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Search Party [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 1:20:13 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]He first noticed it when he stopped by his favorite sandwich place and found it closed. At first, he thought the old guy had died. But the lady next door said that he’d gone missing. This made Scotti frown. Then, his sister came home to say someone at work had vanished while taking out the trash. A quick call to Nilla confirmed that she was okay.

But Elise didn’t answer when he called. Which wasn’t too weird. She was a super powerful princess with like 47 jobs. It wasn’t like he expected her to drop everything to pick up the phone. Still, it was kind of off. Usually, she at least shot him a text back. Then, the TV aired that Josh Devlin’s gym was shuttered for the next two days. A few interviews went unfinished when subjects didn’t show up.

“Be careful, sis.” This is how he bid Cannoli farewell that morning. With all the missing person rumors going around, Biscotti wished there was some way he could help. About an hour later, someone dropped off a flier. They wanted to organize a search party for the missing locals. A quick call and the brunette was on the list with his Incineroar.

When the shop closed a few hours early, he put up a sign that said: ‘CLOSED: No one’s missing though. Chill out.’ Satisfied this would stop people from panicking when they couldn’t get late-night carrot cake, he rushed out the front door. After waiting awkwardly for his turn (and giving it up more than once), he found himself with a partner. A pretty lady.

Great. It wasn’t like he needed to introduce himself or anything.

“I’m Biscotti.” He grinned awkwardly as he pointed to his Incineroar. “This is Jungle—Jangle..” His Incineroar snorted. He glared up at her with an embarrassed expression. Couldn’t she just let it go for once? He took a deep breath as he straightened his t-shirt. The high-vis vest made him look like a high schooler playing crossing guard.

“You looking for someone in particular?”

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
Search Party [M]
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 0:36:24 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","crushbody"]

lately, nabi thought to herself, something didn't feel right. it was simple intuition, but the number of missing persons was concerning. she didn't know what to expect, but at her core, she could tell danger was inevitable. how was she to best avoid it? or prepare for it?[break][break]

she supposed helping was one way. money wasn't a matter of interest to her in this case. nabi valued experience more than anything, and perhaps information. maybe one of these missing cases knew what was going on? in any case, after a night of thinking, nabi decided to volunteer herself in a search party.[break][break]

and thankfully, she wasn't alone. her partner was a familiar face, though it took her a moment and a sense of deja vu to recall his name.[break][break]

"oh! we met before," she replied, finger pointed at him. it was his incineroar that sparked her memories. just like last time, he was a flustering mess then, too. "at the vct? we battled each other." she offered a smile in turn to his awkwardness.[break][break]

unlike their last encounter, her swampert did not accompany her. instead, it was her beautifly, prince, settled atop her head like a crown.[break][break]

"yeah, i remember you had a weird name," she spoke bluntly. "cookie or whatever. anyways, i'm nabi, again. this is prince." she gestured to her beautifly with her eyes. "i'm not looking for anyone myself. just thought i'd help out. be a good samaritan and all."[break][break]

it would have been natural for her to ask him the same question, but instead, she asked, "so, any clues to go off of?" they were in rusturf tunnel, and although relatively simple to navigate, that didn't mean one couldn't go missing or get lost in here.

notes

mission | 1/5

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#292929;font-family:open sans;font-size:8pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody b, .crushbody i]color:#F6B1B1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#F6B1B1;text-align:right;border-bottom:#F6B1B1 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Search Party [M]
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 21:53:24 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Biscotti is terrible with faces—especially when they make him nervous. At the reminder, his memories click into place. “Y-yeah! I remember! You had a Swampert.” Notably, he didn’t correct her when she tossed his little sister’s name at him. If she wanted to call him Cookie, the brunette would let her. It was way better than the other options.

“Gotta say the Beautifly fits better.” Or, at least, it seemed to. It was graceful and dainty with an air of fey mystique. Before turning to the rest of the conversation, he tossed a glare at Jangle.

She grinned back. It looked like his name follies weren’t what made the witch cackle. “Some wingman you are,” Biscotti muttered irritably under his breath. In response, Jangle just shrugged. Last she checked, she didn’t have wings or time to get him laid. Even nine lives couldn’t fix the hopeless.

A scarred hand waved to the butterfly. It totally looked like a prince. Unlike his alligator wrestling princess over there.

“Yeah?” Biscotti answered the question that wasn’t asked. It seemed kind of natural. “Us too.” The list of names he’d been given was way longer than he’d thought. It kind of made him regret coming out here. Whatever was making these people disappear didn’t seem easily put off. He doubted all this talk of visibility vests and walkie-talkies would do much. But the idea of running away was worse.

It’d make him look like a chicken shit. And in front of a pretty girl no less. There was no way he was going to do that. He didn’t care if it got his kidneys sold to the highest bidder!

At the talk of next steps, he pulled out the little paper they’d been given. Jangle acted as a buffer, keeping the dolt from running into a wall. “It says these guys were cataloging rocks ahead—” He shrugged. “Might have left some pitchforks behind?” That was what those things were called? The pointy things the Seven Dwarves used?

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights