twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
adrift
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 4:49:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

soot-covered grass flattens under the weight of his boot as he strolls along jagged pass. the heat proves difficult but not intense enough to feel suffocating, more of a nuisance than anything as he wipes sweat off his brow.[break][break]

"it surprises me, still, to see hope."[break][break]

he glances around at the search parties around them. most are volunteers; civilians who took the time out of their day to come and help with the search for their top champion; all of them seem to be in good spirits despite the near calamity that struck hoenn weeks before.[break][break]

"i only hope it survives."[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#D49736!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex i { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,677 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adrift
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 5:24:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they search for an immortal man made dead as though it were not the most devastating hours of their lives. where her companion sees hope, she sees ignorance. kyle lopez was more than their top champion. he was their shield. he was their advantage.

now war is on the horizon and the skies are red with ill omen. she brushes away some of the ash from her suit. somehow it still gleams under a thin layer of grime.

"we'll need more than hope to find him," she says and sighs. "but don't let me ruin the mood, hm?" several of her dragons circle the airs above, searching for signs of life, and reminding the people that they're there. they'll protect them.

"you still haven't come by the draciary," she says. "you should see it now. it's not the estate, but it's a wonder." pride colors her words, the tilt of her lips.
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
adrift
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 3:36:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

while he could say he's been too busy to come by the draciary, the truth is he hadn't given it enough thought to adjust his schedule when he should have. that's on him, which he accepts with a nod.[break][break]

"i will. later this week, perhaps, if you're free."[break][break]

but when are they ever free?[break][break]

soot collects on his shoulders.[break][break]

"i wasn't referring to finding kyle. hope is how we'll survive the fights to come."[break][break]

it's one facet, at least.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex i { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,677 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adrift
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 4:46:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i'm never free now," she says, but amends lightly with, "but for you? always. i'll have send you my schedule for next week. we'll be sending some of the dragons out to neighboring towns to bolster defenses so i'll be there a decent amount of time."

he makes his point more apparent and she rolls her shoulders, turns her head to stretch out a kink in her neck. 

"surviving doesn't seem so important these days. death isn't as irreversible as it was before." he's living proof of that. 

"the border - hm. we haven't spoken since i went. alex, i met my mother. not sophia. my birth mother. she was waiting for me in the border."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
adrift
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 9:51:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"perhaps not, though i'd argue surviving is always important."[break][break]

having that little thought in the back of their heads that says, 'hey, dying's no issue, you'll come back anyways,' is dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless, because returning is never guaranteed. his had simply been a gift.[break][break]

his thoughts screech to a halt at her revelation.[break][break]

"your birth mother?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,677 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adrift
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 19:14:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and yet to see the impossibility makes the lines blur. the fear of the afterlife is still there; how could it not be? that's human nature. but many in hoenn have witnessed the progression of souls, have spoken with people long dead and gone. 

everything is different now.

"yes," she says, "and my aunt. i learned of my history. i learned my name. my heritage. but i didn't - i didn't know her, not until father winter came." despite the memories and years now stuffed into her too-small body, she accepts dionysus' trickery as what it truly was: a gift.

"i got to see what life would have been like with her in it. as her daughter." she smiles. "we knew each other, you and i, as kids in that life."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
adrift
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 8:23:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"did we now?"[break][break]

he entertains the thought—the possibility—of what that life would've been like; the experiences they'd have shared together; the joy of succeeding; the pain of losing.[break][break]

"in that life," he smiles, "what happened to us?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,677 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adrift
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 13:48:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"to us?" she repeats. "we were best friends. thick as thieves. you and me and roy and...fernando. we saved him on mt. silver. he was different. kinder."

she picks her way around rocky crags and wipes sweat from her brow with the back of her hand.

"we hated the lavish parties our family threw. squirreled away whenever we could to get away from them, but we never ran from our responsibilities. i taught you draconid. you never died. you were my best man at my wedding."

the color drains away from the kaleidoscope she peers down and she snaps back to herself, suddenly sheepish.

"it was a good life. a full life. we were happy."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights