Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 21:21:42 GMT
Cain Stille Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cainstille"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Duo Wild: Dark / Ground / Dragon

A gentle wind breezes by, and pockets of sunlight spill from between the cloud cover — pouring through the gaps in the trees and illuminating patches of grass in the meadows. The clear waters of the nearby stream are set alight, sparkling blue in the fading daylight. [break][break]

And not too far away from that is a blue of a different shade: Cain Stille and his pokemon, gathered on the side of the road, observing the passing people and pokemon alike. Today is a day for research, and, with any luck, catching pokemon. Yet even with his lofty ambitions, Cain is content to enjoy this moment among nature, a solitary passenger in the great journey of life. [break][break]

Inhale, exhale. The air is sweet and light, and Cain blinks slowly against the natural sights around him — scintillating ocean waves, surrounded by diamond dust and flashes of color. The trill of his frosmoth resonates beside him, and the sound of footsteps from his other companions echo around him.[break][break]

He could stay here forever, but the lull of peace is soon broken by an errant cry. He turns his head, and sees the source of the commotion. [break][break]

"Volan," he calls out after his eevee, who had been distracted by the presence of another person. Cain catches up with the pokemon, and gently guides the eevee back to his side, while casting an apologetic look at the other. "He's just excited, since we're looking for pokemon today. I hope he didn't bother you too much." [break][break]

[attr="class","cainstilleooc"]

NOTES

-

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cainstille]--accent:#b3cbe4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cainstille]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 2:48:31 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn strolled down Route 114, the entry to Meteor Falls coming closer into view. He remembered the last time he visited - the last time he had space to breathe. He liked how little meteorite studs glittered through the black blanket of darkness. It felt like he was staring in a blissful, gentle void, and that he himself could melt into that stillness. Now that Finn was handing over his responsibilities at the school to his associates, he wanted to return to these places of contemplation to gaze at them, gaze into himself, to see what unknown truths could emerge.

A tiny pebble tumbled down a slight slope where Finn's sneakers hit the path.

"Volan!"

An Eevee tumbled out with a squeal, followed by a man with grey-blue hair who seemed slightly embarrassed about the commotion.

"It's no problem," Finn said casually. "Eevee have such sensitive hearing. He was probably excited by the sound of my feet on the gravel." He smiled gently at Volan, his own demeanour like a willow tree swaying serenely in the wind.

"How are the Pokemon today?" Finn asked. A slight breeze danced around them, pregnant with power and possibility.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,749 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 5:38:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LOKIX APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TINTED LENS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRST IMPRESSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AXE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VIBRAVA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FURY CUTTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiri

He/Him
April 6th
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Pokemon Researcher
Civilian
between those pure icy breaths
awards
16 posts
Cain Stille DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sugarcain
Cain Stille
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 12:41:14 GMT
Cain Stille Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Cain had been worried about Volan potentially bothering someone else, but thankfully this person didn't seem to mind. The one before him was unfazed, tranquil, and every bit as in tune with nature as he first appeared to be. [break][break]

It's a relief, to say the least. "Much appreciated." He reaches down to pet the eevee, which nuzzles up against his leg before running back towards the direction they'd come from. [break][break]

He returns his attention to the other, answering his inquiry with a slight nod. "I think the pokemon are in high spirits... well, at least my own." The researcher smiles softly, the cries of his pokemon resounding throughout. While the other five are content to play with each other once more, Cain's frosmoth hovers delicately in his direction, staying nearby. "My name is Cain, and this is Chantilly. We're always looking for new pokemon." [break][break]

His gaze flickers away from the other, past the frame of his body towards the wild grass on the path behind him. Emerging from the bushes are a lokix and vibrava, tangled in combat. While Cain would normally be content to let wild pokemon do as they please, the sight of the lokix inspires him. "Like that one." He tilts his head slightly in Chantilly's direction, signalling for frosmoth to send out a wave of icy cold blizzard from her wings, surprising both the lokix and the vibrava. [break][break]

He isn't one for excess violence, however. The attack startles the lokix enough that Cain could throw a pokeball at it, but not so much that the vibrava suffers. The dragonfly pokemon stutters before flying away, ice still sticking to its wings. [break][break]

Cain smiles softly while asking, "And what about yourself?"[break][break]

NOTES

catching lokix!

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.cainstille]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".cainstille .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 16:35:15 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn's ears perked up at the rustling in the grass. It sounded small, possibly not a threat. And from the distinct nodes scuttling in the leaves... more than one Pokemon? Turns out he was right - a Lokix and Vibrava tumbled out into the open, more engrossed in each other than the humans. You could take the swordsman out of the dojo, but you could never dull his blade. Finn's senses remained as sharp as a Skarmory's feather.

But Finn wasn't the only skilled one around here. Cain didn't have to speak for his Frosmoth to know what to do. With a just a nod of his head, his Pokemon fired off a frosty blast so finely tuned to freeze but not knock out; a feat of precision, especially for the ground dragon. While Cain went for the Lokix, Finn pulled out an empty Pokeball from his kimono sleeve. What a waste it would be - a waste of Cain's artistry in combat - to let this scattered Vibrava go.

Swiftly, Finn threw the Pokeball forth, hitting the dragonfly right between its wings.

"I wasn't looking for Pokemon until that. It's much easier to strike with full force than it is to fight with restraint, only using as much strength as you need to win. Elegant."

Finn gave Cain and Chantilly a mild admiring smile.

"I'm Finnegan from Fortree City. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Catches the Vibrava!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,749 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 20:40:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRIMMSNARL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FALSE SURRENDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PHANPY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NATURAL GIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] BODY SLAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Kiri

He/Him
April 6th
Lacunosa Town, Unova
Bisexual
Pokemon Researcher
Civilian
between those pure icy breaths
awards
16 posts
Cain Stille DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sugarcain
Cain Stille
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 17:28:39 GMT
Cain Stille Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

No sooner had Cain caught the lokix, so too did the vibrava get caught by this stranger — who, upon sharing his name, was a stranger no longer. "Finnegan. The pleasure is mine." Two calm souls inhabiting the same space. Cain exhales quietly, feeling more at ease. [break][break]

As for the compliment just now... "You flatter me." He smiles faintly, gesturing to the empty space left by the wild pokemon they'd just caught. "I'm sure there's more where they came from, too. We could keep looking." And Finnegan was from Fortree City, so perhaps he had better knowledge of the area than Cain did. [break][break]

Speaking of which... "Fortree City... I'd been there just a handful of times in my stay in Hoenn thus far. It's beautiful." His tone grows somewhat reverent, but not by too much. A gleam of curiosity can be seen in his sea-bright eyes. A civilization among the trees was a wondrous thing, indeed. "I'm from Paldea. I study pokemon, among other things, so my research has brought me all the way to Hoenn." [break][break]

At the end of his proper introduction, another rustling noise could be heard not too far away. Chantilly turns her head, her large glistening eyes focused on the presence of a new pokemon. Cain corrals Volan closer to him, still, and watches as two wild pokemon emerge from the bushes: Grimmsnarl and Phanpy. [break][break]

The small elephant seems frightened of the larger imp pokemon, and is hellbent on running away from it. Meanwhile Grimmsnarl seems oblivious to the terror it's causing the other pokemon, as it reaches its arms out for a hug. Cain laughs under his breath, amused by their display. That's certainly behavior worth noting! [break][break]

He focuses his gaze on the grimmsnarl, intent on having Chantilly's supersonic bug buzz disrupting the rhythm of the fairy-and-dark type. "You'll be coming along with me." [break][break] And it won't be long before the pokeball snaps shut after that, a successful catch. [break][break]

He returns his attention to Finnegan shortly thereafter. [break][break]

NOTES

catching grimmsnarl!

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
181 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 16:19:27 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn mirrored the spark in Cain's eyes with his own. He had never been to Paldea before; in fact, he'd scarcely been out of Hoenn his entire life. A gentle wind rustled, softly ruffling through Finn's green hair.

A small commotion became a larger one as a Grimmsnarl and Phanpy gamboled through the bushes, snapping Finn out of their conversation. Cain made short work of the Grimmsnarl with another well placed attack, setting the Phanpy free. Relieved, the silly tot lost its balance and tumbled right into Finnegan's shins.

"Are you lost, little friend?" Finn asked, reaching down to help the Phanpy back on its stubby feet and coaxing it back into the trees. His face, usually stoic like a warrior back in Flying Sword School, was now warmed by a rare smile as he watched the creature roll back into the wild.

"Why Hoenn, of all countries?" Finn's voice brimmed softly. What breeze guided the traveller's wings? Finn wondered what it was like to be so free to move, relocate. The tethers that he himself felt around his heart - a force only felt by him?

Briefly, a vision of his bird Pokemon dashing through the clouds flashed in Finn's mind.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Reverie [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 0:01:46 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLIGGOO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GOOEY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON BREATH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JANGMO-O APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NOBLE ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE GRIMMSNARL!
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS